• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Jabba

Banned
This is why I can't stand console exclusive DLC. It makes sense if you don't own a PS3/PS4 or have simply never played games where you'd get the references, but something as big as that should have been on the PC version too. The majority of easter eggs/themes that Blizzard puts into their games comes from a wide spectrum of sources anyway. Buying the PS3/PS4 version of this game is in no way worth it if you already own the PC version just for the DLC.

Before anyone replies with some typical bullshit; no, this is not "port begging".

You just have to kill
Malthael
. You also don't have to be level 70. Sorry, I only have the PS3 version of Diablo 3, so I'm not sure how the menus look in game, but on the PC you just choose between Campaign Mode and Adventure Mode.

Adventure mode is open. In adventure mode, difficulty is open up to expert. Torment difficulty isn't for some reason. I killed the guy you tagged as a spoiler in your post at level 67. My bad, I'm playing adventure mode on master difficulty.

Hmmm.....when I go to change difficulty in adventure mode, normal is also locked. Maybe I didn't start high enough on difficulty setting to reach Torment?

Relix

he's Virgin Tight™
Beat the game. Level 68 Crusader. Started playing Adventure Mode in Master. Is Bounties all there is to it? Its cool but the loot dropped sucked. Also.. what is a good level 70 Crusader build skills-wise?

Xevren

Beat the game. Level 68 Crusader. Started playing Adventure Mode in Master. Is Bounties all there is to it? Its cool but the loot dropped sucked. Also.. what is a good level 70 Crusader build skills-wise?

Do bounties to unlock rifts, where the real fun is. No idea on the sader stuff sorry!

Finally got my RoRG on my Crusader. Paragon 40 so far and still no Gyrfalcon's Foote :( I still have to manage Blessed Shield wrath with Glare/Provoke in large mobs with my wraps. I can aaaaaalmost go nonstop so long as I have a bazillion mobs around me and the globes keep dropping and pop Glare/Provoke on CD but once they start to thin out I go oom rather quickly and damage slows.

I only have 1 set piece so I'm still open to trying new builds but that Jekangbord is stellar with BS. I'll never get that damn flail :mad:

Adventure mode is open. In adventure mode, difficulty is open up to expert. Torment difficulty isn't for some reason. I killed the guy you tagged as a spoiler in your post at level 67. My bad, I'm playing adventure mode on master difficulty.

Hmmm.....when I go to change difficulty in adventure mode, normal is also locked. Maybe I didn't start high enough on difficulty setting to reach Torment?
You can only go up or down 1 difficulty in each game session. Quit to the start screen and select game settings and change it to your liking.

Matriox

Okay what are these infernal machines of.. for? and how do you get those keys for them?

I can't confirm if they're even worth farming for anymore, but it was a vanilla d3 time sink that is kind of similar to adventure modes rift boss. You would fight 2 random bosses throughout the game and get the good loot from them. I can't remember specifically off hand where the key wardens are but you can find out online, you need 3 keys to open a portal to the bosses.

David___

Banned
I can't confirm if they're even worth farming for anymore, but it was a vanilla d3 time sink that is kind of similar to adventure modes rift boss. You would fight 2 random bosses throughout the game and get the good loot from them. I can't remember specifically off hand where the key wardens are but you can find out online, you need 3 keys to open a portal to the bosses.
In RoS there's 4, and the 4th one is bugged on the PS4 afaik.

As for the wardens, there's one in each act.

Act 1- Fields of Misery

Act 2- Dahlgur Oasis

Act 3- Stonefront

Act 4- Silver Spiril Level 1

This is why I can't stand console exclusive DLC. It makes sense if you don't own a PS3/PS4 or have simply never played games where you'd get the references, but something as big as that should have been on the PC version too. The majority of easter eggs/themes that Blizzard puts into their games comes from a wide spectrum of sources anyway. Buying the PS3/PS4 version of this game is in no way worth it if you already own the PC version just for the DLC.
Stuff that's entirely made from Playstation IPs have no business being on PC.

What's the proper procedure for other accounts' characters that are played on your console?

I had some friends over and they started characters on my PS4, but with their own PSN accounts; I'm pretty sure they can continue playing with those characters once they get their own copies on their own PS4s, right?

BondFancy

Anyone have some good level 70 wizard builds for next gen consoles? All I ever see are builds for the pc version that have 2-3 conjuration spells equipped at a time, which to my knowledge is impossible on the console versions? Right now I'm getting my ass handed to me on torrent 1 and its getting old really quick watching everyone else in my game kick ass....

What's the proper procedure for other accounts' characters that are played on your console?

I had some friends over and they started characters on my PS4, but with their own PSN accounts; I'm pretty sure they can continue playing with those characters once they get their own copies on their own PS4s, right?

character data is stored locally so they just have to ensure they upload their save data to the cloud from your ps4, then download it on their own.

HORRORSHØW

Anyone have some good level 70 wizard builds for next gen consoles? All I ever see are builds for the pc version that have 2-3 conjuration spells equipped at a time, which to my knowledge is impossible on the console versions? Right now I'm getting my ass handed to me on torrent 1 and its getting old really quick watching everyone else in my game kick ass....

you can equip the skills in the same category if you have elective mode on.

phierce

Man...I've only encountered a nemesis twice so far, but both times have been when I was fighting a fresh group of tough elites plus trash (expert). Managed to kill one of the two, but fuck...come at me on an even playing field, bitches!

-PXG-

Which one should I equip?

ILefqtO.jpg

I'm currently using Defender's Mutiny.

ramuh

Nemesis are no joke. I think my record against them are 3-5. Some of them just destroy you in a second.

I'm curious on this. Is this level based? I'm only at around 40 or so and on Expert (highest I can go ATM) but I've never had any issue with Nemesis, besides that one time it showed up while I was fighting a yellow boss.

Jabba

Banned
The Bell tolled 3 times, then this nemesis that must have been on a murder spree walked right up to me and was like

MBkGY4F.jpg

This represents my very first encounter with a nemesis also. Heard these horns, didn't know what it was at that point in time. Nemesis appears,bout 3-4secs later......... dead.

@AbsintheGames

Than you for answering my noob question.

What's the deal with Expert mode?

I started two normal difficulties run with a Wizard and Demon Hunter and deleted those characters because I found it easy and boring. My third run is on Expert with a Witch Doctor.

Don't get me wrong it is more difficult but not by much. I skip Hard mode because I wanted to face impossible odds for my first complete play threw but I just find myself dodging and using the environment to mitigate the enhance difficulties.

I died a couple times but the reason I died was because the environment was working against me rather than because whoever killed me was hard to beat.

I'm also Lvl 24 and just got the first sword piece in Act I, am I grinding too much?

There is speculation that there will be, it hasn't been confirmed or anything though.

The clues are there, from the Scovos Isles convo to the Necromancers suddenly in-game, to
Diablo being free
to the ending, to even the Scoundrel's quest.

I'd be surprised if there wasn't one, really.

Prat

Umm me and.my fiance just do it one at a time but it has a new quick loot control on dpad to do it on game not even in a menu so you can do it at same time

Thanks bro! Im going to check out some video ^^ I already have this game in pc and ps3, but the PS4 version is calling meeeeee D:

sueil

I started two normal difficulties run with a Wizard and Demon Hunter and deleted those characters because I found it easy and boring. My third run is on Expert with a Witch Doctor.

Don't get me wrong it is more difficult but not by much. I skip Hard mode because I wanted to face impossible odds for my first complete play threw but I just find myself dodging and using the environment to mitigate the enhance difficulties.

I died a couple times but the reason I died was because the environment was working against me rather than because whoever killed me was hard to beat.

I'm also Lvl 24 and just got the first sword piece in Act I, am I grinding too much?

If it's the same as PC Normal-Master = easy 1-4. Torment 1-6 is where things start to get difficult.

No its just easy

Matriox

The clues are there, from the Scovos Isles convo to the Necromancers suddenly in-game, to
Diablo being free

Yep I agree.
I doubt your spoiler will get to gameplay until Diablo 4 though, but anything is possible.

Matriox

Come to think of it I believe it was so then that explains why he was ripping through everything.

I still can't prove he wasn't cheating with duped/hacked gear :p, but I wondered the same thing until I partied with a friend of mine that beat me to 70.

Zerokku

WHAT HAVE YOU DONE?
Diablo being free

Not just
Diablo, but all of the prime and lesser evils.
Lot of content implications from that ending for future expansion packs and/or D4.

Draper

FUUUCK, I accidentally picked up belial's soul when I was trying to pick up his loot.

Am I fucked, I ended up getting nothing :(

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I'm level 70, 22 paragon. Finished Act V but torment 1, adveture mode, isn't available. Playing on expert right now. Looked around google and says you need to be level 60. I gotta be doing something wrong.

Didn't see this answered yet. Go to the pause screen and go to Game Settings. There, you'll be able to choose campaign or Adventure Mode. :). I had the same question a few pages back, I was like "wtf, where is it?".

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What are key wardens? Randomly hidden boss fights that require rift keys? Are they in the normal boss fight areas?

Matriox

What are key wardens? Randomly hidden boss fights that require rift keys? Are they in the normal boss fight areas?

They are always on a specific map during normal play/adventure mode. Spoiler tagged for those who care but I don't know why anyone would.

The Key of Bones may drop from Odeg the Keywarden in Act I - Fields of Misery.
The Key of Gluttony may drop from Sokahr the Keywarden in Act II - Dahlgur Oasis.
The Key of War may drop from Xah'Rith the Keywarden in Act III - Stonefort.
The Key of Evil may drop from Nekarat the Keywardenin Act IV - Silver Spire Level 1
From the diablo wiki.

EDIT: Oops, d3 vanilla info. Fixed.

Top Bottom