• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Gator86

I'm paragon 65 and no marauder piece has dropped for me, so you're doing fine!

I think I'm naturally short of patient for games that depend so heavily on RNG. This game is equal parts fantastic fun, frustrating, and impossibly addictive. Thank god Metro is on its way to loosen Diablo's grip.

yamo

I just realized that paragon levels carry over to a new character oO. Will this not make a new character super powerfull in the early game?

Jagxyz

I only know that the key of evil is bugged on the PS4 version. Not sure about the Xbone.

I'm like 85% sure that I got the key of evil yesterday (on PS4) and did the machine thing that it makes with the group that I was with.

I have the heart of evil as proof of that - that's from the evil key only right?

chugen

fuck fuck

just started the game, saw three gifts, after i took the second bam game crashed. reload the game, no gift and no item. anyway to get them back?

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
God damn I need a cindercoat for my DH...come on Kadala!

I've got a cindercoat, but it's a level 57 strength based one. Still, it has 3 slots. If you want it, send me a friend request on PSN with "cindercoat" as the text :)

PSN: OldKingKratos

ZenaxPure

I just realized that paragon levels carry over to a new character oO. Will this not make a new character super powerfull in the early game?

They will be incredibly overpowered (depending on your level of course), that is partially the point.

Golgo 13

They're scattered throughout an area in each act.

They drop a specific key needed to craft an infernal machine.

Key of Bones - Act I, Fields of Misery
Key of Gluttony - Act II, Dahlgur Oasis
Key of War - Act III, Stonefort
Key of Evil - Act IV, Silver Spire Level 1

Thank you. Is the infernal machine worth it? :)

antitrop

Yup, it will. But the early game is tedious on an alternate character, anyway. You could always just not distribute the points.

nubbe

fuck fuck

just started the game, saw three gifts, after i took the second bam game crashed. reload the game, no gift and no item. anyway to get them back?

I would guess the game pings battle.net, when the game recive it battle.net delets the gift on their side

I figured that's what you were doing in my game. I don't mind, really. I kinda felt bad that you were dying a lot, then I realized that you were in the teens.

Haha yeah. Its better if there are four guys, that way the mob is even more distracted and I can pick off the stragglers without worrying about dying much.

David___

Banned
I'm like 85% sure that I got the key of evil yesterday (on PS4) and did the machine thing that it makes with the group that I was with.

I have the heart of evil as proof of that - that's from the evil key only right?

Huh. Now I'm wondering why a few posters here didn't get a key after they killed the warden on t6. Gotta go there now if that's the case.

Thank you. Is the infernal machine worth it? :)

Depends if you want a Hellfire ring :p

The drops tend to be pretty crazy in this game. Was playing yesterday Act V for 2-3 hours and struggling to do any real damage. Then I stopped and went eating. Came back after and soon had drops that basically tripled my DPS... I noticed the same thing back on the 360.

Would have liked if the game had a more natural progression.

RexNovis

Banned
Depends if you want a Hellfire ring :p

Hellfire rings don't seem worth it anymore with all the lvl 70 rings out there now. The stat values are just too uncompetitive.

Level 1-40 is still a pain though, but once you can start using the level reduced weapons, it speeds up a lot.

Honestly I found socketed weapons + high teir gems to be overwhelmingly powerful at earlier levels especially when you have a +280 dps gem or two.

I think I'm naturally short of patient for games that depend so heavily on RNG. This game is equal parts fantastic fun, frustrating, and impossibly addictive. Thank god Metro is on its way to loosen Diablo's grip.

haha dude ive had metro for like..10 days now and ive put it in once for about an hour to see what its like. I put Diablo back in instantly (XB1)

it's way too addictive, especially adventure mode!

IHaveIce

Banned
I somehow can't find weapons for my monk that are better than my two legendary lvl 60 items.
Though I found a Blackthorne chestpiece and set item with 3 sockets and reaaally good stat rolls

Just gonna need better weapons and a kickass belt.

overcast

Adored Diablo 2, brother and I had Diablo 3 but I literally didn't pass Act 1 before being scared off due to hate/laziness. Strongly considering getting this after I'm through with Destiny (after finally getting a PS4).

Will it still be worth it in like December, I assume the community is strong here.

Drame

Few k's short of 500k dps with good defensive stats on my Crusader. The Jekangbord really helped my dps. The shields affix is really wicked for the Blessed Shield. Jumping to T2 today.

Also, found some relatively good stuff for my Barbarian and he's able to move up Torment ranks too.

Xevren

Got a pretty good roll on a Magefist today, time to transition into fire barb now! Just need on more from the Earth set and I'll be one happy dude.

I think I should up the difficulty - I'm steamrolling everything lol

So much more fun than the PC version which I put at least 100 hours into

The Sentinel

Neo Member
Just booted the game and found 4 legendaries gifts from fellows gaffers, one of them was Akkhan chest, thank you guys :'}

Btw..I want to share some legendaries with my friends but I rarely get any gifts for them, is there a way to make those gifts drop more frequently?

Golgo 13

Crusader - 2h or 1h weapon?

Go.
I go back and forth. Having a one handed weapon generally means a higher attack rate, which means faster Wrath regeneration. Two handed weapons can of course mean huge damage. If you do use a one-handler, be sure to equip the perk that gives you a +%15 attack rate and -%15 cool downs on all skills. Awesome perk.

tmespe

Started a Crusader after getting my WD to 70p50. I'm liking the class much better on console than PC. Also, paragon and high level gems make leveling a breeze, which I personally like a lot since I can see myself getting all characters to 70.

On another note, blizzard's item sites are really good. Love being able to just google item names people post here and instantly being able to see the items through those pages.

I'm still experimenting with crusader builds, can anyone recommend skills for torment difficulty?

I'm using:

For crowd control - Justice/Fist of Heavens/Shield Glare/Condemn/Laws of Valor/Heaven's Fury

For bosses - Punish/Shield Bash/Iron Skin/Provoke/Laws of Justice/Akarat's Champion.

2H weapon. Not even really a question. Despite requiring the passive for it, they were pretty much designed around it.

Justice with a 1h and faster attack speed is pretty sweet, but the dmg bonus from 2h is insane.

I go back and forth. Having a one handed weapon generally means a higher attack rate, which means faster Wrath regeneration. Two handed weapons can of course mean huge damage. If you do use a one-handler, be sure to equip the perk that gives you a +%15 attack rate and -%15 cool downs on all skills. Awesome perk.

Yeah that's what I was doing most of the game, but the damage bonus from 2h is too good to give up.

Rizzi

I started playing a monk.
She's all teleporting around and kicking things in the face. It's great, especially after playing a barbarian on the PC.

JimPanzer

anyone down for some co-op after I get home from work in about 7 hours? Got a crusader paragon lvl 25, currently rocking torment I but think I could tackle torment II.

Swhalen

I'm currently running rifts on my level 70, 60 paragon crusader. Most likely going to get a char of every class to 70 for platinum. New players, a stash of older legedaries I don't need. Add me if you wanna play. Psn is Swhalen_

bobawesome

I finally hit level 50 with my Crusader, Heisenberg, at the beginning of Act III. I can't wait to unlock Adventure Mode and try my hand at a Wizard. They look like so much fun. And all that end game content that's waiting for me...

-PXG-

How do you calculate DPs in this game? Or are you just eyeballing it and rounding it out in your head based on what you see in combat

10646800_1467821250135372_7675898964596532034_n.jpg

Coming up to the end of Act 2 on Expert, only died once. Killed 3 low-level Nemesis'

Kinda struggling to get the courage to Socket my legendaries, as I don't want to Salvage them, and don't want to pay to remove the gems :(

Played it for so long just now, my controller ran out of battery :D

Only just realised you can hold the attack button rather than tapping it. Found a ring better than the Puzzle Ring, and it doesn't work if your follower has it equipped. I miss that little guy :(

Not sure I made the right choice with Crusader. The shield feels like a bit of a waste of a slot, since DPS is so important. Not sure it wouldn't be better to have another weapon there instead

Hmmmm.

I play OFFLINE completely..
Just entered torment 1 for the first time with my new level 70 paragon 2 (when I turned in a quest after reaching level 70 it shot me up another level)

Why did a nemesis show up 3 times in a row in the first act in the graveyard to kill me to death all 3 times BACK TO BACK?

What a D*** move. -__-

Man after playing my hardcore crusader for a few days I went back ont omy lvl 70 wizard. Had like 7 Legendary gifts. 2 of them set items.

Thanks! :D

Does anyone play with the PS Gold headset? My brother and I both have it and if we want to chat with each other, we have to jack in the cable into the controller which was provided with the HS.

It is weird because first time my brother used his headset I could hear him even without having the cable in.

Does anyone play with the PS Gold headset? My brother and I both have it and if we want to chat with each other, we have to jack in the cable into the controller which was provided with the HS.

It is weird because first time my brother used his headset I could hear him even without having the cable in.
By any chance..Were you in the same room?
jk/ I wish my bros werr avid gamers.

Top Bottom