• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Aiii

So not worth it
NOOOOOOOOOO....
10645003_883800584982910_2924689046235364143_n.jpg
Damnit.

NOOOOOOOOOO....

Damnit.
the joys of perma death. just start over-you will get there twice as fast next time

*runs away

seriously though this is why I gave up HC on PC. lag spikes killed the first dozen or so characters I made around actiV. really a pain in the butt

what got you? a boss or just a mob of complete assholes. (arcane molten mortar-etc)

Woorloog

Banned
I hate change.

Well at least you can decide something, i can't come up with good names. I wanted to play a crusader fast so i just named it Hammerdin... (Apt actually but that's beside my point). A demon hunter i had was AAAaaa, and then there's this wizard Blasto (after the hanar in Mass Effect). I don't like any of those names really... (Nor do i like my GAF username or Xbox/PSN gamertag or any other name i use anywhere ever)

Gator86

the joys of perma death. just start over-you will get there twice as fast next time

*runs away

seriously though this is why I gave up HC on PC. lag spikes killed the first dozen or so characters I made around actiV. really a pain in the butt

what got you? a boss or just a mob of complete assholes. (arcane molten mortar-etc)

This is basically what I expected. You just can't control dying in this game. My main character is a demon hunter. When an elite mob walls me in so tightly I can only rotate and then fills that space with lava, poison, and a ice globe I'm going to fucking die. No amount of skill, strategy, reflexes will save me there. Losing all progress because of that sounds utterly frustrating. I guess you could play on easy the entire time for trophies but that sounds like a gargantuan waste of time.

Aiii

So not worth it

*runs away

A random set of mobs.

Well technically I think an enviroment thing since my killer is listed as Unknown. Regardless, have to start over. :(

Prat

I have the PS3 version of D3 and I loooved the local coop, but the only annoying thing was when everyone wanted to access their inventory and you had to do it one at a time. Is this fixed now in PS4? Can everyone access at the same time?

(Sorry if this has been answered before, the freaking thread is really long ahaha)

Lernaean

Banned
Looking at some post lately, i need to say that imo Armor and Resistances are more important than Vitality.
It doesn't matter how much life you got, but how much life you lose per hit.

Haines

Banned
Anyone else enjoy the witch doctor? Mines at 45. I love messing with all the pets.

His name is sp00ks.

What skills/runes you guys enjoy?

Haines

Banned
I have the PS3 version of D3 and I loooved the local coop, but the only annoying thing was when everyone wanted to access their inventory and you had to do it one at a time. Is this fixed now in PS4? Can everyone access at the same time?

(Sorry if this has been answered before, the freaking thread is really long ahaha)

Umm me and.my fiance just do it one at a time but it has a new quick loot control on dpad to do it on game not even in a menu so you can do it at same time

Llyrwenne

Unconfirmed Member
OMFG. Is the only way to get "Reusable Parts" to grind normal (white) 60+ stuff? Seriously?
No, they also drop from enemies, and quite often actually.

I have only one real complaint with the game so far;

Why is the Jeweler so prohibitively expensive? Is there some secret gold-hoarding method that I am not aware of? Having to pay 300+K gold to remove all gems from an item you still want to use when it really is only one gem you want to take out is probably just an oversight from the game designers, but man, the gold costs for crafting some of the higher end gems is insane. I can sell every crap item I find, but that means losing out on crafting material, and it still takes huge amounts of gold / time just to pay for removing gems to clear the slots, combining the gems into the desired ones, and then slotting them back in. Is this something we will just have to deal with, or will this be changed in the future? It just kind of makes me want to avoid anything with sockets until I get at least three fully upgraded gems for + Strength, three for + Vitality / + Life and two for + Crit Damage.

Anyways, I'm still having a blast regardless of that. I bought this game so I wouldn't bore myself to death waiting for Destiny, but now it looks like Destiny might have to wait for a little bit longer. ;-)

Yeah, I didn't really pay attention at first to the jeweler's prices - as combining shittons of gems only cost so much pocket change - but when I saw my gold plummet after popping some gems out of sockets I've changed my ways.

Now I only socket gems in legendaries or in rares I expect to salvage afterwards since salvaging recovers any socketed gems.

Yeah, I didn't really pay attention at first to the jeweler's prices - as combining shittons of gems only cost so much pocket change - but when I saw my gold plummet after popping some gems out of sockets I've changed my ways.

Now I only socket gems in legendaries or in rares I expect to salvage afterwards since salvaging recovers any socketed gems.

I never knew that part. Thanks for sharing

Lernaean

Banned

This is very important actually, the fact that you don't have to un-socket anything to change gear, just salvage away. Also, to my PC brethren, with 2.1 you can press shift when comparing to remove socket bonus, so you'll know if it's fit to upgrade.

Brannon

Sorry I had to drop out of a game suddenly; had to pick someone up.

And yeah Aiii, losing an HC character just hurts. If I'm ever in a walled-up situation and mortars are raining down, I'm gonna quit so fast, even if I'm online. There is no shame in this

*shifty eyes*

BokehKing

Banned
Patch 2.1 jeweler will go from
500k to 150k for jewel removal
Basically 150k to remove any tier jewel

Source: one of Scott Johnsons 'Diablo show' podcasts

You get a bonus plus you kill things quicker so you get get more loot. Wells thats how ifs meant to work

Ah good to know. I'm taking my lower level classes to people doing high level rifts to level up faster, and I don't wanna cause any nuisance.

Getting more legendary drops on T1 bounties than my last two days of T2 rifting....I ain't complaining but it makes no sense

It can be weird, I did a bunch of solo cleaning up of challenges and achievements in Normal during the downtime Sunday, and I got like 3 legendary upgrades for my character who was geared for T2-3 at the time.

SDCowboy

Question: I finally got the Akkhan set shoulders and they seem to be significantly worse than my non-socketed, regular ol' legendary shoulders. Am I missing something here? I don't get how they can be that bad.

Duallusion

My patch/update wishlist:

- constant waypoint in bounties
- we get a horadrim cache for doing five bounties across all five acts, one in each act
- 3 fragments open a rift, instead of five
- rift guardian always drops a legendary on torment

Ah good to know. I'm taking my lower level classes to people doing high level rifts to level up faster, and I don't wanna cause any nuisance.

I figured that's what you were doing in my game. I don't mind, really. I kinda felt bad that you were dying a lot, then I realized that you were in the teens.

Question: I finally got the Akkhan set shoulders and they seem to be significantly worse than my non-socketed, regular ol' legendary shoulders. Am I missing something here? I don't get how they can be that bad.

Did you hit left on the dpad to see what kind of rolls you got compared to what's possible? Could just be bad rolls. Though for some sets, you have to sacrifice a piece of better gear in order to get the set bonuses, which I'd assume make up for the loss.

My patch/update wishlist:
- 3 fragments open a rift, instead of five

How does 1 sound? Cause that's coming in the next patch. (One per person in the game, online or off.)

Xevren

Did you hit left on the dpad to see what kind of rolls you got compared to what's possible? Could just be bad rolls. Though for some sets, you have to sacrifice a piece of better gear in order to get the set bonuses, which I'd assume make up for the loss.

How does 1 sound? Cause that's coming in the next patch. (One per person in the game, online or off.)

Damn really? Need that next patch so I can always rift then.

SDCowboy

Hmm, maybe that's it. I was wondering if the set bonuses where where the magic happens. lol

hydruxo

So as far as doing bounties to get caches goes...am I better off doing them at the highest diff. that my char can handle (let's say T1) or should I just go with normal to speed run them? From what I've gathered the loot from caches is the same across all difficulties and the chance of getting a legendary is also the same, correct?

Matriox

So as far as doing bounties to get caches goes...am I better off doing them at the highest diff. that my char can handle (let's say T1) or should I just go with normal to speed run them? From what I've gathered the loot from caches is the same across all difficulties and the chance of getting a legendary is also the same, correct?

It's arguable. Quality vs quantity really, you can spend more time farming a better quality cache with a higher chance or you can get more opportunities by opening more lower chance caches. I'd say solo I'd run higher torments personally.

Edit: that being said, I have opened around 10 torment 2 caches and havnt gotten a ring.

Its entirely what you prefer to do. But no, the chances are higher at t2+ for legendaries from caches.

This is very important actually, the fact that you don't have to un-socket anything to change gear, just salvage away. Also, to my PC brethren, with 2.1 you can press shift when comparing to remove socket bonus, so you'll know if it's fit to upgrade.
No way to do that on PS4? I often find myself pulling gems to get an apples-to-apples comparison.

We don't have 2.1 on console
Ah. Is there any ETA?

Quick question about legendary items. Are they rolled when you examine them, or when the game decides it's intended for you? Like, I've gotten a couple of artifacts in the mail. If I examine them with my 22 WD, will I get a different result than if I examine with my 45 Wiz? What if I give it to my GF's 45 Bar before it's examined?

My GF is only Friends with me and her brother, basically, and he doesn't play, so she never gets any booty in the mail. :'(

JCizzle

Ah. Is there any ETA?

Quick question about legendary items. Are they rolled when you examine them, or when the game decides it's intended for you? Like, I've gotten a couple of artifacts in the mail. If I examine them with my 22 WD, will I get a different result than if I examine with my 45 Wiz? What if I give it to my GF's 45 Bar before it's examined?

My GF is only Friends with me and her brother, basically, and he doesn't play, so she never gets any booty in the mail. :'(

No ETA, but probably at least a month or two IMO.

Can someone please help me decide if I should get this or not? I used to love playing Diablo 2 back when it was released (one of the top 10 games in my list). So for those who used to love Diablo 2, is this game as good as that or worse or better? Help me decide if its worth putting time in this game? I am thinking about getting for PS4 or PS3. Thanks!

SDCowboy

Can someone please help me decide if I should get this or not? I used to love playing Diablo 2 back when it was released (one of the top 10 games in my list). So for those who used to love Diablo 2, is this game as good as that or worse or better? Help me decide if its worth putting time in this game? I am thinking about getting for PS4 or PS3. Thanks!

I personally think D3 is significantly better. It's just light years more advanced than D2, as it should be.

Sanctuary

I personally think D3 is significantly better. It's just light years more advanced than D2, as it should be.

Except for, you know...actually having "builds" that you're stuck with. Greater rifts somewhat mitigate this finally, but I don't really know that swapping skills in regular rifts was that prevelant to begin with. The game in its current form is tremendously better than what we started with, but there's still too much WoWification for my tastes (and I played WoW for six years in a raiding guild).

It's no Diablo 2 (discounting techological advancements), but I guess it's not a bad second best.

Top Bottom