• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Thanks, really curious about your gear.

I have stats that boost my elemental damage, it seems to be more effective than dex or crit chance. My DH's sheet dps is low, it shows like 600k. All 3 of my main stats are low, but I have high resist all and high elemental damage, which apparently doesn't show in those stats.

same-glory be to Jebus I got a Countess Julias Cameo yesterday- I can survive arcane like a champ now

HGStormy

Banned
Just beat act 5 of the campaign. Got a cool legendary dagger right before the final boss that doubled my damage (Only 1.5k damage but it was still kewl). Yay

Abylim

mGJLI9f.jpg

rWSwbjH.jpg

58TjShD.jpg

yTpRRP7.jpg

dg5N3Am.jpg

upij9dx.jpg

ISp8AG8.jpg

i6ZhziP.jpg

K7vk8I3.jpg

FIF7FzV.jpg

LiVoc3n.jpg

I quoted them to make em smaller

Here are my pics

Abylim

It's not the Toughness that's the issue, it's how you are getting there. You have a ton of Dex and Vit, but are only hitting 12.2m Toughness. I say "only" because at that Vit value it means your mitigation is booty sweat. I haven't checked but I don't think the console uses the Dex -> Armor conversion for Monk & Demon Hunter, so it's more likely that your Toughness is further inflated by all the Dodge your Dex is granting, which is not actually mitigation (and honestly never should have been calculated into Toughness on their part). This is further compounded by the fact that if your mitigation is that low, and your health pool so high, you are putting maximum stress on your ability to heal; you need far more healing to recover the large chunks of damage you will take, and you have a much larger health pool to fill.

Basically, it says you have a lot of Toughness, but someone who had 10m Toughness that got there via Armor/Resist and only 3k Vitality would probably survive many times longer than you in any given situation, even on the same class. Now, it's not the worst thing on a Demon Hunter since you are likely doing a lot of kiting so you are likely eating big hits but not taking them that frequently, so having a lot of less-valuable Health isn't the worst thing in the world. But you'll fare a lot better if you can directly trade some of that Vit for All Resist and/or Armor, as it will increase both the value of your remaining Vit and your healing.

Nah man, I'm using the Dex > Armor conversion rune.

Oh and I DONT use Sharpshooter, that inflates my dmg to 2.3m, but its useless. 100% crit if I dont crit for a while is pointless with passive 40%~ crit

Wallach

Nah man, I'm using the Dex > Armor conversion rune.

Oh and I DONT use Sharpshooter, that inflates my dmg to 2.3m, but its useless. 100% crit if I dont crit for a while is pointless with passive 40%~ crit

What is your listed armor and resistances? Your gear screenshots sort of confirm what I was saying; you have a ton of Vit but the value of each point of your Health right now is pretty low, because you are light on resists (and probably armor to a lesser extent).

kriskrosbbk

Guys how do I equip the souvenirs that are in the inventory in the bag with the health potions? Not sure they do anything staying there.

Abylim

What is your listed armor and resistances? Your gear screenshots sort of confirm what I was saying; you have a ton of Vit but the value of each point of your Health right now is pretty low, because you are light on resists (and probably armor to a lesser extent).

Kyofou, yes it is. I'm a bit of a noob with this, just found out that Emeralds will be better, especially with higher crit chance.

Wallach: I'm looking into Res Alls instead of vitality now, again, noobish and just starting to get serious about running stuff.

Woorloog

Banned
Guys how do I equip the souvenirs that are in the inventory in the bag with the health potions? Not sure they do anything staying there.

Press A/X when highlighting them, you will hear sound and they will be active once you exit. Disable them the say way.
EDIT wait, what, souvenirs? The follower items are called souvenirs? I thought kris was talking about pets and such.

Wallach

Those are follower-specific items. You can press R1 on the menu to tab over to the "Follower" section to equip your dude with some gear. The souvenirs are their "class specific" item slot, and they also can equip both hands, both ring slots, and an amulet.

Wallach: I'm looking into Res Alls instead of vitality now, again, noobish and just starting to get serious about running stuff.

I'm not trying to be critical, just explaining the nature of Toughness. Monks and Demon Hunters in particular need to be careful because their primary stat (at least pre-2.1) increases Dodge instead of actual mitigation stats (Armor/Resistance), but the Dodge gets calculated into Toughness as if it were mitigation. So stacking a lot of Dex and Vit on a Monk or Demon Hunter can result in Toughness scores that are basically lying to you relative to someone who hits those Toughness values without Dodge (Barbarian/Wizard/Crusader). Since your Dodge will always be natively high on those two classes, it makes the "gear comparison" icons favor Vitality in terms of what it considers Toughness upgrades for you, even though in practice you will gain more survivability stacking your mitigation and healing while keeping your Vitality moderate (but enough to still survive relevant burst damage in your difficulty). Try to keep the % mitigation offered by your resists as close as possible to the % mitigation offered by your Armor, then just try to get your Vitality in easy wins (bracers, helm, chest, belt, boots are all decent slots for Vitality rolls). It'll look like you are shedding Toughness at first, but you will feel the difference in gameplay. Especially in terms of how well you are able to replenish lost HP, since the value of your healing is relative to the value of each point of your health, which in turn is relative to the amount of mitigation you have versus incoming damage.

Skele7on

Banned
is this game designed for people who are bad at diablo games?

Honestly on expert mode and playing with a buddy, I have died 4 times and that's it.

I remember the orginal ps3 version I got absolutely destroyed all the time....

I love the game, but cannot wait to whack the difficulty up again so I can feel challenged.

same-glory be to Jebus I got a Countess Julias Cameo yesterday- I can survive arcane like a champ now

Nice, arcane can be nasty. I use Mara's Kaleidoscope so I can just stand in poison pools that usually cover the screen.

One thing I'm still unsure about- what is the weapon damage type for (i.e. fire, lightning)? Are some enemy types weaker to certain elements? I wouldn't think that would matter, who would gear for that reason.

kriskrosbbk

Those are follower-specific items. You can press R1 on the menu to tab over to the "Follower" section to equip your dude with some gear. The souvenirs are their "class specific" item slot, and they also can equip both hands, both ring slots, and an amulet.

Thanks! I thought those are for my hero not for the follower.Work as described for the follower.

madp0k

Yep this thread makes me realise that I don't know anything about this game, I thought my lvl 44 Crusader was doing well with 3k damage and 300k armour and the ++ score of 1k, I think I'm going to get my arse kicked later

I have 4 of the green sets, is it worth making them ?

Aughilds Victory
Borns something
Cains something
Captain Crimson something

JimPanzer

Yep this thread makes me realise that I don't know anything about this game, I thought my Crusader was doing weill with 3k damage and 300k armour and the ++ score of 1k, I think I'm going to get my arse kicked later

don't sweat it, I jumped into this w/o using a guide or anything and hitting now 300k dmg after being lvl 70 for one day. You figure most of the stuf out yourself, for example how overpowered +crit chance in combination with +crit dmg is.

Why would anyone identify the same item, isn't it set when they pick it up? I've been doing the other stuff from the jump it's mad time consuming though so it's only when I demand perfection in something so close to it.
I don't know. I just said it was possible with an exploit. I didn't claim to understand reasoning behind repeatedly wasting time vs playing the game.

I don't know. I just said it was possible with an exploit. I didn't claim to understand reasoning behind repeatedly wasting time vs playing the game.
My point is no one would do that so mentioning it is moot, may as well mention you can finish 4 out of 5 bounties, do the trick and get to do them all over again! Yay!!

madp0k

don't sweat it, I jumped into this w/o using a guide or anything and hitting now 300k dmg after being lvl 70 for one day. You figure most of the stuf out yourself, for example how overpowered +crit chance in combination with +crit dmg is.

Good to know, I only seem to have an issue with the odd Nemesis but I only died twice early on after I killed them but was still taking damage and didn't use a vial in time. Rarely do I feel like I'm too underpowered against anything on expert at the mo but I can feel that it might be approaching, thanks to gaf though I'm mostly rocking half decent legendary gear so all is good.

I think I'm going to end up deleting my 70 crusader.

I no longer had the ps3 disc when the game came out, so I was unable to export over my save.
Just recently found someone with a copy I can borrow, but it will overwrite my current ps4 save when I import.

=(

Wallach

Quick question: What does the PLUS sign stat in the inventory screen, next to damage and toughness mean?

Is that life per second?

It's basically an overall "score" for your healing. It will look at stats like your Life Per Hit, Life Per Second, Life Per Kill, Life Per Resource Spent and Healing Globe Bonuses and give you a rating. They're not all weighted equally, and it's not the most reliable value in the world since your build and gear will determine how powerful those stats actually are. For example stacking Healing Globe Bonus by itself is not reliable compared to Life Per Hit, but there are passives that grant you certain healing functions which scale by a % of your Healing Globe Bonuses. So really you should not pay a lot of attention to it outside of getting an idea of how much of your gear overall has some kind of healing affix. Healing is a stat you need to mostly handle by hand.

Dammit, jumped to Torment II today and not a single Legendary drop after 15 bounties... Gotta try to break the dry spell and enter a Rift. Got 5 Legendaries yesterday during a single run.

Oh, I met my first Nemesis a couple of hours ago. Destroyed me in an instant with those dark red laser orbs.

Are we getting any new gear, like a new set or something, in patch 2.1?

I know there are seasonal legendarys that were added to the PC, and so far the console will not be getting season and ladder support (as of yet) I think we can only look forward to new areas, and goblin rifts at this point-

Thanks again for that stuff last night man. Really helped a bunch.

No problems man-happy hunting!

also thanks to the numerous people who donated to my cause yesterday-came home to a packed mailbox- im talking 20-30 gifts..you are all way too kind-:) I will do my best to help you all if I can

Wallach

Are we getting any new gear, like a new set or something, in patch 2.1?

They haven't said yet whether any of the new Season-specific will come to console since they won't be porting Seasons over. But there are a fair amount of changes to existing gear that basically turn some of them into "new" items, and a lot of those changes aren't retroactive so only versions of them that drop after the 2.1 patch will have the new affixes. Like Vile Wards gaining +30-35% multiplicative damage to Furious Charge for every enemy struck - it basically turned an item that was mostly irrelevant into a cornerstone build item for Barbarians.

Healing value.

So stats like Life per Second, Life per Kill, Healing Globe Bonus etc.

It's basically an overall "score" for your healing. It will look at stats like your Life Per Hit, Life Per Second, Life Per Kill, Life Per Resource Spent and Healing Globe Bonuses and give you a rating. They're not all weighted equally, and it's not the most reliable value in the world since your build and gear will determine how powerful those stats actually are. For example stacking Healing Globe Bonus by itself is not reliable compared to Life Per Hit, but there are passives that grant you certain healing functions which scale by a % of your Healing Globe Bonuses. So really you should not pay a lot of attention to it outside of getting an idea of how much of your gear overall has some kind of healing affix. Healing is a stat you need to mostly handle by hand.

Thanks guys.

SDCowboy

I know there are seasonal legendarys that were added to the PC, and so far the console will not be getting season and ladder support (as of yet) I think we can only look forward to new areas, and goblin rifts at this point-

Well I hope they add some gear. Otherwise I don't see what the point of continuing with the game is once you have the top gear. Blizzard is extremely good at continuing to add new carrots to dangle in front of the player, but I'm not seeing it in this, a game based on getting new loot. I don't see why they shouldn't just add a new set of gear every once in a while as something new to grind for.

Wallach

Well I hope they add some gear. Otherwise I don't see what the point of continuing with the game is once you have the top gear. Blizzard is extremely good at continuing to add new carrots to dangle in front of the player, but I'm not seeing it in this, a game based on getting new loot. I don't see why they shouldn't just add a new set of gear every once in a while as something new to grind for.

Oh, well there is a new class of items called Legendary Gems, which can only go into Rings/Amulets. Those need to be leveled by grinding Greater Rifts. Between those and the gear changes there will be a fair amount of stuff to grind for until some more sets and legendaries get added down the road.

Neh, your ignorance was irritating not offensive, though a simple "I didn't know that" would have sufficed, but by all means save face through snark if you like.
I'm not being ignorant, sport. I never started a debate about "why" and stated I wasn't concerned about why people would waste time with it when you pressed the issue. Perhaps if you read my initial post I simply stated I found an exploit and tried a few things. I'm sure the exploit allows for more situations but I frankly don't care enough to try and dont care who would do what with it or why you wouldn't need to.

You are missing the point of my initial post entirely. But hey, I'm the "ignorant" one when you press issues unrelated to my post, right? Sure, sure. You are digging in the wrong spot, bro. By all means, carry on and I'll just be ignoring you.

Taz

Welp, found an exploit that allows me to:

Spend infinite shards at Kadala
Send the same gift infinitely
Open a cache repeatedly
Enchant infinitely
Identify the same item over and over
Etc.

GG, Blizz. Huge oversight and not using it. Found it by accident, tested it and I can make it happen over and over.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that this would be possible and how to do it, that's why Blizzard will never patch it because the game data is local and the only way to stop it is offer an online only save which I'm guessing they'll never do. Look at the DHs gold above its clear he's been using it or knows someone that has but it doesn't effect anyone but him self so who cares really.

Admodieus

Only played for a little last night but had some great luck - Captain Crimson's set plans, Augchild's set plans, and Marauders shoulders (my first Marauders piece - I already have two Natalya's pieces).

Only four more Marauders pieces to go! I've got the RoRG already as well.

Wallach

ok , i have been hearing alot about diablo 3 now .

whats the cheapest way to give it a try ???

i have pc , 360

Between those two, definitely go with PC. It might be cheaper on 360 but the expansion will not be updated beyond what's on the UEE disc right now, and the performance is not so good compared to PC or XB1/PS4. PC already has the 2.1 patch, more features and should perform far better even if your computer isn't that great.

I'm not sure how cheap you can find the game on PC; I think it is $60 from Battle.net to get the standard RoS + D3.

Cider X

Using a combination of the few Magic Find items available at lvl 70 with the best pieces of old MF gear from "vanilla" 360 version AND have my follower decked out in the rest of the MF gear and I'm swimming in legendaries on torment 3.

Top Bottom