• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

yamo

They will be incredibly overpowered (depending on your level of course), that is partially the point.

Yup, it will. But the early game is tedious on an alternate character, anyway. You could always just not distribute the points.

That's cool with me, as you say its pretty tedious to begin with anyway. Even the more reason for me to continue playing my lvl 70 Crusader before I try to level up any more characters.

Okay what's going on, my Crusaders getting all weird on me, random skills that I am not equipping are popping off in conjunction with other skills when I use them..What's causing this?

JimPanzer

Okay what's going on, my Crusaders getting all weird on me, random skills that I am not equipping are popping off in conjunction with other skills when I use them..What's causing this?

some weapon or amor procc? I currently have a weapon which gives you a random law every 60 seconds

No to both.

Plus it is when I'm home then... I know this is off topic, so where can I read about the real benefits of Plus?

I went through the store, and it was all marketing shit. I want to know what I'm really getting. Beside being able to play Diablo online

Plus it is when I'm home then... I know this is off topic, so where can I read about the real benefits of Plus?

I went through the store, and it was all marketing shit. I want to know what I'm really getting. Beside being able to play Diablo online

You're basically getting that..... plus free games every month, cloud storage and some discounts

Card Boy

Banned

I will put a few dot points

• You need it to play online games
  • Free to play games or subscription MMOs such as FF14 don't need PSN+
  • You get 5 instant access games a month if your with PSN+. Usually 1 PS4 game, 2 PS3, 2 VITA games. You only have access to this if your a PSN+ member, if your sub lapses you loss access to the games but you get a access again to them if you have your sub active.
  • Cloud saves
  • At least 10% extra discounts on sales, sometimes more (rarely is more)
  • Early access to betas
  • Sometimes you get the odd free DLC
  • I might stand corrected but i think it can auto downloads stuff (patches/games) for you when PS4 is off or you can schedule it.
Basically the main draw for me was free
(not really free)
games plus your forced to have it for online games.

I received the plans for Aughild's set (crusader) and the stats on the gear seemed pretty mediocre to me. Is it worth sacrificing 10 legendary items to build this set?

KentBlake

You get 5 instant access games a month if your with PSN+. Usually 1 PS4 game, 2 PS3, 2 VITA games. You only have access to this if your a PSN+ member, if your sub lapses you loss access to the games but you get a access again to them if you have your sub active.

It's actually 2 PS4 games now.

Daigoro

Like I mentioned earlier those stats are pretty much worthless at max level. Damage is just as bad as toughness because a lot of stats are not included in that calculation. The easiest example to understand this is elemental damage. All make believe here, but: say you have 10 damage on your character screen. With that stat you have a fire attack that will hit for 100 damage. Now, if you have stacked 100% fire elemental damage on your gear your 10 damage number is not going to change any, but your fire attack is going to hit twice as hard (so 200 damage per hit). Any stat with an orange diamond next to it is not included in your damage stat. Basically what I am trying to get at here is your 146k damage stat means jack shit for determining how good your character is. That number is basically nonsense noise when I read it, and it should be for you as well.

Dahbomb mentioned this yesterday, but, the endgame of Diablo 3 is about finding broken item and skill combinations. Since there are no "better stats" on gear (since everything is level 70 and has the same stats) you are going to need to look for these item combinations if you want to move up in difficulties.

That said, from your minimal description it sounds like your gear might be out of whack. Ignoring broken item combinations right now, as that is more of an advanced thing when you actually hit torment difficulty you should make sure you have DPS stats where you can get them. As a brief example (since I don't really want to break down every single piece of gear in insane detail):

Make sure your gloves, rings, and amulet all have your primary stat (str/dex/int), critical hit chance, and critical hit damage. Your amulet should also have elemental damage. Your bracers should have your primary stat, critical hit chance, and elemental damage. Your weapon needs a socket. This is not a suggestion, a weapon with no socket is worthless, to the point where blizz knows this and 2.1 is adding an item that allows you to put a socket onto a weapon. That socket needs to be an emerald. Every other gem in a weapon is absolute garbage, even a ruby.

D3 is a game centered around critical hits, meaning a fairly high critical hit chance and critical hit damage is required to break into higher difficulties. If you follow those rules above you should be able to do Torment 1 no problem. But somehow If you are following those rules and still having issues it means that your build is a problem and you need to change some things around.

Past that the game gets more advanced, but, what I was describing is more of a starter guide before shit hits the fan.

Im Seeing this a lot in the thread, Blizzard does a terrible job of showing you how to progress your gear so I'll give people a hand.

Ignore any gear you get before level 70, this is a big thing , IGNORE BLIZZARD IN GAME GREEN AND RED ARROWS!!!

They suck and often make you sell/salvage upgrades. Now we have that out the way lets start with your first gear set, I recommend running bountys on normal in act 1 , this gets you rift frags and a chance at RoRG, now for the gear,

These are the stats you wanna look at for gear,

Rings,

Main stat (str/dex/int)
Crit chance
Crit damage
Your stat of choice

Amulet,

Main stat
Crit chance
Crit damage
Stat of your choice

Helm,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Socket or all res

Bracers ,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Ele dmg or all res/armour

Legs and chest and shoulder and Belt,

Main stat
Vit
All res/armour
2 sockets for legs
3 sockets for chest

Weapons,

Main stat
Socket (ALWAYS SOCKET YOUR WEAPON!(Emerald)

Following these items in just yellows you should be looking at around 400-600k damage and torment 1 will be face roll and it's a good base for you to move to the next level of gear.

Always remember that if you find gear with one stat missing you can use the mystic to add the other, running bountys on normal you should complete the set in a few hours.

just wanted to thank you guys for these posts (and quote them for my future reference). they are helpful to us D3 noobs.

if anyone else has anything to add or facts to dispute, please chime in!

Disclaimer: I'm sub 70 so I know it doesn't really matter.

However

I am a barbarian. If I equip a +str item does it directly impact my dps figure on the char screen? How do I work out what's better between a +damage and a +strength item? Am I missing a simple tooltip that says 1str == 10 damage or something? Seen the post above too about crit chance and bonus damage, guess I am just trying to work out where to start in terms of understanding it for myself

Woorloog

Banned
How much toughness (EHP) is recommended for Torment 1, and how much for T2?

EDIT oh and does Thorns based (presumably this applies to barbs and crusaders mostly) builds work at high difficulties?

Loving this game so far. Think I'm near the end of Act 2....clocked up a fair few hours so far.

Does anyone know if the Xbox One achievement bonus is worth going for? Finish all five acts in the next six days I think.

Just wondering as I might have to speed up my run and stop exploring so much!

Abylim

Anyone else experiencing bad lag? I'm playing with my friend, we're in the same room ffs/

It gets so bad sometimes that we are literally stuck in place and cant move.

We tried LAN but cant get it working, anyone have any ideas?

Jabba

Banned
Im Seeing this a lot in the thread, Blizzard does a terrible job of showing you how to progress your gear so I'll give people a hand.

Ignore any gear you get before level 70, this is a big thing , IGNORE BLIZZARD IN GAME GREEN AND RED ARROWS!!!

They suck and often make you sell/salvage upgrades. Now we have that out the way lets start with your first gear set, I recommend running bountys on normal in act 1 , this gets you rift frags and a chance at RoRG, now for the gear,

These are the stats you wanna look at for gear,

Rings,

Main stat (str/dex/int)
Crit chance
Crit damage
Your stat of choice

Amulet,

Main stat
Crit chance
Crit damage
Stat of your choice

Helm,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Socket or all res

Bracers ,

Main stat
Vit
Crit chance
Ele dmg or all res/armour

Legs and chest and shoulder and Belt,

Main stat
Vit
All res/armour
2 sockets for legs
3 sockets for chest

Weapons,

Main stat
Socket (ALWAYS SOCKET YOUR WEAPON!(Emerald)

Following these items in just yellows you should be looking at around 400-600k damage and torment 1 will be face roll and it's a good base for you to move to the next level of gear.

Always remember that if you find gear with one stat missing you can use the mystic to add the other, running bountys on normal you should complete the set in a few hours.

Shit, my dps is 237k. Lvl 70 DH. 25 Paragon.

BokehKing

Banned
How often are you guys getting a gift to send when a legendary drops? I've had a few dropping on launch and not one ever since
I never ever get gifts to send, I have to start hopping in more gaff head games, but realize you're all in torment 1, I don't want to drag you guys down, I'm trying to get socketed gear from kadelaha with blood shards but no luck. When I do get socketed gear it's always 200-300 less armor than the random stuff I find with no sockets.

Been getting a lot of legendary plans for weapons and gear I don't use though, anyone looking for anything in particular?

Does anyone play with the PS Gold headset? My brother and I both have it and if we want to chat with each other, we have to jack in the cable into the controller which was provided with the HS.

It is weird because first time my brother used his headset I could hear him even without having the cable in.
You guys should have the USB dongle plugged into the PS4. Also, chat in D3 is proximity based as far as I can tell and sounds like utter shit. Form a chat in the PS4 main menu (I'm guessing PS4 here since you didn't specify). A few of my friends forget to join PSN chat and they're like I CANT HEAR YOU BROSEPH - when we are in 2 different channels. In PSN chat you can hear proximity in games but PSN chat is prioritized for that channel, not the game. Could be a case of you two not using the same chat system, game vs PSN.

Welp, found an exploit that allows me to:

Spend infinite shards at Kadala
Send the same gift infinitely
Open a cache repeatedly
Enchant infinitely
Identify the same item over and over
Etc.

GG, Blizz. Huge oversight and not using it. Found it by accident, tested it and I can make it happen over and over.

Duallusion

Open a cache repeatedly
Enchant infinitely
Etc.

GG, Blizz. Huge oversight and not using it. Found it by accident, tested it and I can make it happen over and over.

Does that exploit involve a home button?:)

Open a cache repeatedly
Enchant infinitely
Etc.

So send it to them then?

Abylim

Oh and I do not use modded or hacked weapons. Unfortunately been offered some crazy weapons by fellow gaffers and Gamefaq'ers, politely declined, and then got offered AGAIN, by numerous peeps. I removed them, I dont want to play with folks running around in 9k dps 3 socket weapons. Wheres the fun in that?

Also, anyone lagging badly in multi?

I'm playing locally with my friend (in the same room) and we get random lag spikes.

They just need to have an autosave feature when you finish at the merchant - would fix the blood shard exploit.

If it's the one I'm thinking of?

bombshell

You're basically getting that..... plus free games every month, cloud storage and some discounts

I will put a few dot points

• You need it to play online games
  • Free to play games or subscription MMOs such as FF14 don't need PSN+
  • You get 5 instant access games a month if your with PSN+. Usually 1 PS4 game, 2 PS3, 2 VITA games. You only have access to this if your a PSN+ member, if your sub lapses you loss access to the games but you get a access again to them if you have your sub active.
  • Cloud saves
  • At least 10% extra discounts on sales, sometimes more (rarely is more)
  • Early access to betas
  • Sometimes you get the odd free DLC
  • I might stand corrected but i think it can auto downloads stuff (patches/games) for you when PS4 is off or you can schedule it.
Basically the main draw for me was free
(not really free)
games plus your forced to have it for online games.

Thanks..

This game is costing me so much more on PS4.. Still worth it lol

Duallusion

2 quick Qs

Without PSN plus can I play online?

I don't have a PS plus on the UK account I play games on and, interestingly enough, somebody joined my game last night (ThirdROB or something like that - sorry for not using a mic!). I was like, whaaa? I didn't know this was possible. Maybe it's because I've bought the game on the US account that does have PS plus and is set as the "main" account?

Kyoufu

I don't have a PS plus on the UK account I play games on and, interestingly enough, somebody joined my game last night (ThirdROB or something like that - sorry for not using a mic!). I was like, whaaa? I didn't know this was possible. Maybe it's because I've bought the game on the US account that does have PS plus and is set as the "main" account?

Yes, that's why you're able to play online.

I've activated the 2 days free Plus that's how I got to play online I guess.. but as soon as that runs out I'll get the 1 year

Open a cache repeatedly
Enchant infinitely
Etc.

I hope you don't report it to them. Let them suffee

Abylim

care to show what you have equipped in its entirety then? keeping the same stats as before 1190k 12.2Mil 5019

just curious

edit:if legit I need to step my game up I thought my 650K dmg was awesome for a DH :(

Sure thing, I hope you know modded shit would be a lot higher than just 1.19m damage and 12m toughness!

I'll take some in a sec

care to show what you have equipped in its entirety then? keeping the same stats as before 1190k 12.2Mil 5019

just curious

edit:if legit I need to step my game up I thought my 650K dmg was awesome for a DH :(

Depends if a person cares too much about the DPS numbers. A person with a huge elemental damage buff and 600k would probably kill way faster than someone with just a flat 1.1mil DPS.

So after the suggestion that I make a witch doctor two days ago, I finished leveling him up yesterday afternoon. I gave him 3 pieces of Aughilds and 2 of Caine's set. I'm now looking for a mask of Jeram and a Tasker and Theo for my pets. So far I'm sitting at nearly 600k damage though, which isn't too bad.

Wallach

I'm in mostly legendaries atm, with 2 or 3 sets (Thank you Ring of Royal Grandeur!)

12.2m toughness is too much? I cant take hits very well on T4 with it, so I'd imagined I needed more

It's not the Toughness that's the issue, it's how you are getting there. You have a ton of Dex and Vit, but are only hitting 12.2m Toughness. I say "only" because at that Vit value it means your mitigation is booty sweat. I haven't checked but I don't think the console uses the Dex -> Armor conversion for Monk & Demon Hunter, so it's more likely that your Toughness is further inflated by all the Dodge your Dex is granting, which is not actually mitigation (and honestly never should have been calculated into Toughness on their part). This is further compounded by the fact that if your mitigation is that low, and your health pool so high, you are putting maximum stress on your ability to heal; you need far more healing to recover the large chunks of damage you will take, and you have a much larger health pool to fill.

Basically, it says you have a lot of Toughness, but someone who had 10m Toughness that got there via Armor/Resist and only 3k Vitality would probably survive many times longer than you in any given situation, even on the same class. Now, it's not the worst thing on a Demon Hunter since you are likely doing a lot of kiting so you are likely eating big hits but not taking them that frequently, so having a lot of less-valuable Health isn't the worst thing in the world. But you'll fare a lot better if you can directly trade some of that Vit for All Resist and/or Armor, as it will increase both the value of your remaining Vit and your healing.

Sure thing, I hope you know modded shit would be a lot higher than just 1.19m damage and 12m toughness!

I'll take some in a sec

Thanks, really curious about your gear.

I have stats that boost my elemental damage, it seems to be more effective than dex or crit chance. My DH's sheet dps is low, it shows like 600k. All 3 of my main stats are low, but I have high resist all and high elemental damage, which apparently doesn't show in those stats.

Open a cache repeatedly
Enchant infinitely
Etc.

Why would anyone identify the same item, isn't it set when they pick it up? I've been doing the other stuff from the jump it's mad time consuming though so it's only when I demand perfection in something so close to it.

Top Bottom