• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Just so I understand...
grey is uncommon
white is common
blue/ purple is magic
yellow is rare
orange is legendary...

is that it?

*** also are we supposed to be gearing up our followers as well?

They haven't said yet whether any of the new Season-specific will come to console since they won't be porting Seasons over. But there are a fair amount of changes to existing gear that basically turn some of them into "new" items, and a lot of those changes aren't retroactive so only versions of them that drop after the 2.1 patch will have the new affixes. Like Vile Wards gaining +30-35% multiplicative damage to Furious Charge for every enemy struck - it basically turned an item that was mostly irrelevant into a cornerstone build item for Barbarians.
I don't think they're changing their minds on seasons for consoles, unless they come out with an always online mode especially for it..that could actually work.

I'm not being ignorant, sport. I never started a debate about "why" and stated I wasn't concerned about why people would waste time with it when you pressed the issue. Perhaps if you read my initial post I simply stated I found an exploit and tried a few things. I'm sure the exploit allows for more situations but I frankly don't care enough to try and dont care who would do what with it or why you wouldn't need to.

You are missing the point of my initial post entirely. But hey, I'm the "ignorant" one when you press issues unrelated to my post, right? Sure, sure. You are digging in the wrong spot, bro. By all means, carry on and I'll just be ignoring you.
Do you.

Just so I understand...
grey is uncommon
white is common
blue/ purple is magic
yellow is rare
orange is legendary...

is that it?
Yep, you got it. There's also green for set items, but they're considered legendaries, too.
*** also are we supposed to be gearing up our followers as well?
It'll help you out, as I believe someone said you get some fraction of your companion's stats, but you don't need to keep them bleeding edge with gear at all.

Wallach

I don't think they're changing their minds on seasons for consoles, unless they come out with an always online mode especially for it..that could actually work.

I don't think we'll ever see Seasons/Leaderboards on console, but the itemization is different. They'll already have all the assets and such ready to go; I could see them just dumping them into the console patches as regular loot, which is what will happen on PC anyway after each Season ends.

SDCowboy

Yay got my first Akkhan piece! Pants.. and a crappy roll.. but Akkhan!

Same, I got the Akkhan shoulders yesterday and they're complete shit. Unless the set bonuses are where the magic happens, I don't get how Akkhan is the best gear in the game.

You don't need to be a rocket scientist to know that this would be possible and how to do it, that's why Blizzard will never patch it because the game data is local and the only way to stop it is offer an online only save which I'm guessing they'll never do. Look at the DHs gold above its clear he's been using it or knows someone that has but it doesn't effect anyone but him self so who cares really.
Oh it can get fixed if rolls and saves are made during the time of the drop, purchase, identify, etc. Other games adapt by insta-saving during these transactions to prevent this sort of thing. Currently saves don't work this way in D3. Again, GG, Blizz.

-PXG-

Any tips to increase DPS or where to get gear that increases it?

8Uxq8SA.jpg

I'm losing my mind. All help and advice is welcome

Voidance

Played a couple rifts with randoms last night. It was amazing seeing how much could go on without the framerate taking a noticeable nosedive. It was even more fun when we discovered the TLOU rift and the game was in the 30s, lol. With a good Wizard and DH, there was barely anything left for my Crusader to kill.

I'd love to get a GAF rift group going tonight or this weekend.

Edit: PMs sent to Taz and Absinthe...

Baliis

Same, I got the Akkhan shoulders yesterday and they're complete shit. Unless the set bonuses are where the magic happens, I don't get how Akkhan is the best gear in the game.

The set bonus lets you spam any wrath spender you want while being in perma AC. They're godly bonuses. Just having perma Prophet basically makes you invincible, even on T6

ReaperXL7

I'm reposting this here just incase anyone is willing to help

I'm currently trying to find one of two shields for my Crusader. Either

Frydehr's Wrath.

crusadershield_name_still_tbd.png

*special ability of turning condemn into a 40 wrath spender instead of it being a cool down skill.

Or

Eberli Charo

eberli_charo.png

Which drops the cooldown of heaven's fury by 45-50%

Ill pay for either (have about 3mil) or help anyone with anything that I am able.

Also I regularly give away items that I already own or items that I get for classes I don't plan to play for awhile so if you add me on PSN (ReaperXL7) feel free to let me know what your main class is

Also always accepting gaffers on my friends list as I run pretty much anything.

Baliis

Any tips to increase DPS or where to get gear that increases it?

8Uxq8SA.jpg

I'm losing my mind. All help and advice is welcome

I know you don't have a socket on that sword unless it's a different one now, that's the biggest single increase you can get.

Wallach

Set bonuses are where most of the magic in this game happens. The primary stats on any set piece are basically the same potential as any other legendary in that slot. But for example the Might of the Earth 4pc bonus makes you able to cast a 4200% damage skill that normally has a 60 second cooldown on Barbarian every 5 seconds just by using Leap. Then you add the legendary boots that allow you to use Leap up to 3 times per cooldown.

That's basically how high end progression occurs in this game - massively multiplicative effects of item combinations - and they all generally build off one of the endgame sets.

Admodieus

The top level bonuses for Akkhan give you reduced cooldown on your skills and also reduce the cost of wrath for abilities when using Akarat's Champion. Both of these let you spam the incredibly destructive spells that the Crusader has more frequently. Most of the popular end-game Crusader builds aim for a certain level of cooldown reduction that compliments the Akkhan's set bonus to allow you to have Akarat's Champion running almost constantly, therefore slicing the cost of Fist of Heavens, Heaven's Fury, etc. in half.

You then pair those abilities with a weapon that increases their utility (multiple rays of Heaven's Fury with Fate of the Fell, additional Fist of the Heavens cast with Darklight to just destroy everything. It sounds a bit technical, but watch some of Deadset's Youtube videos for how it works in practice.

Norns

And it's cheaper. Well, the same price currently with the Best Buy sale.
Between the 360 and PC version. Go with the PC version.

2.1 just came out on PC. Last gen consoles aren't getting the patch at all.

Between PC and X1 and PS4? The console versions are great. But no eta on 2.1 on those yet, but at least it's planned (with no ladders)

Between the 360 and PC version. Go with the PC version.

2.1 just came out on PC. Last gen consoles aren't getting the patch at all.

Between PC and X1 and PS4? The console versions are great. But no eta on 2.1 on those yet, but at least it's planned (with no ladders)

Direct control is so much better, 2.1 is insignificant in comparison, especially when the game already has so much stuff to do and is already current enough. D3 console is just a better game.

Norns

Direct control is so much better, 2.1 is insignificant in comparison, especially when the game already has so much stuff to do and is already current enough. D3 console is just a better game.
I wouldn't say it's better, diffrent in a good way.

The last gen versions look pretty bad, and won't get future patch support.

Get the 360 version, it's more fun than the PC version and who cares if it doesn't get the newest patch. It's already an incredible game with a lot to do.

Wait....what?

The PC version has season play and leaderboards. 2.1 adds Greater Rifts and new items. And it will continue receiving new patches.

Also, I've played both on PC and PS4. While I enjoy using the controller to play, I much prefer using KB+M. There's no "better" way to play, it's totally subjective.

Pons

Neo Member
Was in a dead end spot when a Nemesis spawned, was cornered and couldn't get away, almost killed him. Just got stuck between nem arcane lasers and fire orbs. Bad sign when one spawns and has 7 or 8 shadow guys with him, sorry to those on my friends list :) you've got a monster incoming lol.

Love the nemesis system.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
Or, you could read the 3 or 4 posts and realize everyone was calmly answering a question.

Except he wasn't? He asked about what's cheaper and then people started to chime in with "teh controlz!!!" Just a reoccurring theme in this thread that isn't needed any more, especially when no one asked for it.

Respect

Do magic find items work if you are in a group or are they negated? Remember reading somewhere that wearing "Magic Find" gear in a groups don't work.

I dont go digging around for more information than what is presented to me in most games, so I'm not sure if this was ever "resolved" from the PC version, but I have a question wrt followers.

With the loot now being based on whatever class you're playing, is it possible to gear up different followers on the same character? D3 vanilla I played a DH, and had decent gear for the templar, enchantress, and scoundrel. Now on the RoS game, my PC playthrough has templar/enchantress with the same level 60 gear but my scoundrel is decked out.

Starting on the console version as a wizard, the scoundrel/templar are borderline impossible to try and gear up. I can use the enchantress on my wizard only, basically.

Is there anything to be done about this?

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!
I dont go digging around for more information than what is presented to me in most games, so I'm not sure if this was ever "resolved" from the PC version, but I have a question wrt followers.

With the loot now being based on whatever class you're playing, is it possible to gear up different followers on the same character? D3 vanilla I played a DH, and had decent gear for the templar, enchantress, and scoundrel. Now on the RoS game, my PC playthrough has templar/enchantress with the same level 60 gear but my scoundrel is decked out.

Starting on the console version as a wizard, the scoundrel/templar are borderline impossible to try and gear up. I can use the enchantress on my wizard only, basically.

I still get bow drops when I'm on my crusader, so I havent' had a problem with that. It's a bigger issue for rings and such, so I try to just use items that have universal stats. That said, your companions aren't terribly important. If they aren't decked out, it's okay.

so far as a level 40 something DH I just crafted stuff from the blacksmith for my templar follower.
As this is the first Diablo I have ever played I have no idea if this idea is going to suck when I get to higher levels

Baliis

Get gear that would otherwise be good and enchant the main stat?

SDCowboy

Does Kadala occasionally give you extra loot? I was rolling on a bunch of gloves from her and suddenly I heard a jingle noise. When I backed out of her screen, there was a legendary and a set ring ring laying on the ground. lol

ferom

Neo Member
I'm trying to farm the Key of Evil for Hellfire ring, I have the others already. I'm killing the Act 4 Keywarden, quitting the game and starting again. I've done this 20 times and he hasn't dropped the key yet. I've read that the drop chance is 50% at Torment 6 which is what I'm doing.

Am I doing something wrong or is RNGesus just fucking with me?

Ok guys. I beat the game on normal. I decided to play on normal since this was my first time playing a diablo game. Where do I go from here? Adventure mode? or replay the story on a harder difficulty?

X-Frame

Generally speaking, level 60 Crusader now and I found a great one-handed Lightning sword (Fulminator?).

If I find gear that has high Lightning, Fire, or Holy damage I should tweak my build to take advantage of that, correct? I changed my skills around to deal as much Lightning damage now and I seemed to have doubled my in-game damage, just from finding that sword.

HGStormy

Banned
I just realized a bunch of people added me and I didn't even realize it :( I was playing alone this whole time! Got to do a bunch of stuff with some guy. Was fun fun fun. Found a new legendary dagger too.

Top Bottom