• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Raptor

Grimløck;133932959 said:
yeah, the monk can reach some insane numbers.

BztGvz4CMAEDK3v.jpg
WTF man lol, Im at close 400k :(

I really need that flying dragón

Hey surfer sorry for the english my Golds were acting weird and my accent didnt helped.

bobawesome

Oh my goodness, I found an Unrelenting Phalanx for my crusader tonight. Just when I think I'm ready to finally move to another character...

Welp, a really nice Final Witness dropped for my Crusader at the end of a GR, and it's allowing me to work my way through T5 without any issues. I wasn't even looking for it, but it turns out to be perfect for my build. Thank you RNG!

I want to get all of my gems maxed before I roll to T6... which is gonna take forever. The thought of having to farm gems for my other characters is really daunting. :(

does anybody else have that crusader belt where all punish runes are active? im not sure how to tell if it works? it looks to me like a gamechanger for primary's as i use that one anyway. It will give health on hit, crit chance, increased attack speed and fire damage all at once i believe.

So, Bane of the Powerful or Taeguk for my channeler?

does anybody else have that crusader belt where all punish runes are active? im not sure how to tell if it works? it looks to me like a gamechanger for primary's as i use that one anyway. It will give health on hit, crit chance, increased attack speed and fire damage all at once i believe.
Yup, that's right. Two different types of explosions too, it looks like. Nice.

Krayzie

Leveled up the bane of the powerful gem to 25.
Which gem should I upgrade next for my crusader?
Thinking of pain enhancer or Taeguk.

barit

Why doesn't my character or companion speak during battle anymore? I can understand maybe if people were tired of the repetitive speech, but at least make it an option to turn on or off and not just remove it entirely.

That's probably a bug. I miss my barbarian's voice too. D3 is one of the few games with top notch VC here in Germany. For example the barbarian's VC is the same as who speaks Russell Crowe. So listening to the Gladiator while killing monsters feels damn great. Hope Blizz fix this.

Leveled up the bane of the powerful gem to 25.
Which gem should I upgrade next for my crusader?
Thinking of pain enhancer or Taeguk.

BTW is the point of GRifts to go as far as you can until you realise that the next rift you not finish it in 15 mins, then use the three upgrades to your legendary gem? you are supposed to keep going up and up until you think you may not be able to handle it right?

Im up to GRift 15 so far...but i finished that with seconds to spare..it really wasnt easy as i got stuck on some elite mobs.

I think im done with this game. it takes forever to get any multiplayer game on master or the next level down. Im already on act V so I think im going to shelve this one after i complete it.btw, ACT V is the best storytelling in the game IMO ( I dont know if that's saying much though

I think im done with this game. it takes forever to get any multiplayer game on master or the next level down. Im already on act V so I think im going to shelve this one after i complete it.btw, ACT V is the best storytelling in the game IMO ( I dont know if that's saying much though

have you started playing adventure mode yet?

Jolkien

no I haven't as I have only played through the campaign mode so far. To be honest I completely forgot about it :/

That's when the tutorial ends and the funs begins. Everyone is playing Adventure mode wouldn't surprise me that's why you have trouble looking for games. I don't play multiplayer besides friends and GAFfer and I always check to make sure they are not modded. But if you wanna play in public game I can see it being a problem. But pretty much nobody plays story mode.

Updawgs

Anybody want to do me a quick favor and kill Malthael, so I can access adventure/torment?

Level 14; PSN: Updawgs
if you want to powerlevel me, even better ;)

LordAlu

North México :)

Yes that piece boosted me from 260 to 376 i think or close to that, I want to reroll for 3 sockets since it only has one.

Thanks
What's your PSN? I'll have to check but I'm pretty sure I have a Flying Dragon spare. Although I'm not sure if its already been enchanted or not...

Jolkien

Man, the nemesis is so annoying. It only seems to show up when you're already knee deep in a group of tough enemies.

The game warns you it's coming tho ;) Sound and controller rumble. Takes awhile to spawn you can normally have time to clear your monster or move away.

Looking for an Unrelenting Phalanx with decent rolls. If you have one and wanna check for trade let me know.

Adventure Mode is the bread and butter of this game. Now with patch 2.1 it makes it even more fun those legendary gems are a must have.

Problem is, the rings i have (RORG and another one) - both dont have sockets, same as the amulet. They are all part of a set. I didnt get great rolls. Will have to wait until i get something really nice with a socket set.

HORRORSHØW

Problem is, the rings i have (RORG and another one) - both dont have sockets, same as the amulet. They are all part of a set. I didnt get great rolls. Will have to wait until i get something really nice with a socket set.

sockets on rings will be better than most primary stats. i sacrificed nearly 100% chd on the two rings to put a socket in them. the amulet is debatable because you can roll 100% chd on it alone.

on another note, i got into the vault and rainbow portal within in an hour. double goblin week is great.

Krayzie

BTW is the point of GRifts to go as far as you can until you realise that the next rift you not finish it in 15 mins, then use the three upgrades to your legendary gem? you are supposed to keep going up and up until you think you may not be able to handle it right?

Im up to GRift 15 so far...but i finished that with seconds to spare..it really wasnt easy as i got stuck on some elite mobs.

Well I ALWAYS move on the the next GR if i'm able to (IE: Clear the previous GR within the time) Just to see how far I can go.

Important to note that it is especially feasible to do so the higher your gem lvl is due to the decrease in percentage of the upgrade. When my gem was at lvl 24, the chance to upgrade dropped to 60% on GR25.

Though for lower level gems, do whatever you want really. Get a higher GR key or upgrade your gem if you want to upgrade it asap. Doesnt really matter.

Jolkien

Grimløck;133975823 said:
sockets on rings will be better than most primary stats. i sacrificed nearly 100% chd on the two rings to put a socket in them. the amulet is debatable because you can roll 100% chd on it alone.

on another note, i got into the vault and rainbow portal within in an hour. double goblin week is great.

Any route recommendation to farm goblins ?

Nokterian

Really a socket now is more important then a stat on a ring or amulet. Believe me i do this also on the pc version. I reroll to a socket because those legendary gems are worth it and when you have them above rank 25 with the secondary it works amazing. Boon of the Hoarder is a must to get fast gold for example.

Really a socket now is more important then a stat on a ring or amulet. Believe me i do this also on the pc version. I reroll to a socket because those legendary gems are worth it and when you have them above rank 25 with the secondary it works amazing. Boon of the Hoarder is a must to get fast gold for example.

alright cheers mate. The problem is i need some top level gems to even get a CHANCE to roll a socket into some of these rings/amulets. My re-roll luck hasnt been good either so i may even need 4-5 to get it. I just dont have the cash to create these gems for a great chance that they will go straight in the bin.

Paganmoon

Because they didn't exist before the patch. :)

Wha? I'm sure I saw some whimsydale goblins back when D3 was launched on PC. Am I just imagining things now? :(

Why doesn't my character or companion speak during battle anymore? I can understand maybe if people were tired of the repetitive speech, but at least make it an option to turn on or off and not just remove it entirely.

It'd be GLLLLORIUSSSS! (Off is better).

drotahorror

alright cheers mate. The problem is i need some top level gems to even get a CHANCE to roll a socket into some of these rings/amulets. My re-roll luck hasnt been good either so i may even need 4-5 to get it. I just dont have the cash to create these gems for a great chance that they will go straight in the bin.

Didn't they make the cost of enchanting rings cheaper now? I can't remember and haven't paid attention.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I had my first encounter with a Nemesis enemy (or whatever it's called). I had no idea what was happening...My controller was rumbling and the game was making weird noises. All of a sudden, this Diablo look-alike appears! It was pretty fun. Really cool addition from OG D3.

Any tips on slogging through the game, though? I'm level 23 and still have a a few more quests to finish up in Act 1. It's hard to motivate playthroughs after having done it on PC with 3 characters.

Imouto

Banned
I'm level 23 and still have a a few more quests to finish up in Act 1. It's hard to motivate playthroughs after having done it on PC with 3 characters.

Adventure mode. Like, seriously, that's the only thing worth to go through the story mode. The other one would be guaranteed legendaries, but I even skip them for all of my other characters and just jumped straight to adventure mode.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Adventure mode. Like, seriously, that's the only thing worth to go through the story mode. The other one would be guaranteed legendaries, but I even skip them for all of my other characters and just jumped straight to adventure mode.

When does that unlock?

I had my first encounter with a Nemesis enemy (or whatever it's called). I had no idea what was happening...My controller was rumbling and the game was making weird noises. All of a sudden, this Diablo look-alike appears! It was pretty fun. Really cool addition from OG D3.

Any tips on slogging through the game, though? I'm level 23 and still have a a few more quests to finish up in Act 1. It's hard to motivate playthroughs after having done it on PC with 3 characters.
I think killing Maltheil will unlock adventure mode. Group with a GAF player to do that.

If you can keep the stack at max between packs Taeguk is worth using, otherwise I'd go with powerful.
Cool, I was thinking the same. Keeping it refreshed with dis is cheap but tedious. EA is easy, and may be "cheap enough" with enough RCR, which I need anyway.

I do like how the Taeguk stacks while channeling though, so it's not hard to build stacks if I do screw up and drop them.

ZenaxPure

I do like how the Taeguk stacks while channeling though, so it's not hard to build stacks if I do screw up and drop them.

Well the thing to keep in mind is that it becomes harder and harder as you rank it up because each rank increases the amount it can stack. At rank 30 it's 50 stacks iirc, which is a lot to lose if it drops.

Imouto

Banned
Well the thing to keep in mind is that it becomes harder and harder as you rank it up because each rank increases the amount it can stack. At rank 30 it's 50 stacks iirc, which is a lot to lose if it drops.

Whirlwind Barb can work with it, right? Is Whirlwind build still viable? It was fun when I used it but the damage can be a little bit slow.

ZenaxPure

Whirlwind Barb can work with it, right? Is Whirlwind build still viable? It was fun when I used it but the damage can be a little bit slow.

There has been a really great WW build come to life in 2.1 thanks to the pain enhancer gem. It doesn't have the same potential as our current Raekor build for greater rift progression (as the highest anyone has made it with this WW build is GR 36), but, high GR Raekor is pretty fucking stupid anyway so whatever - it's not something most barbarians even want to do. But yeah, WW is really good for stacking Taeguk because you have sprint and WW which are both constantly stacking it and you always keep sprint going between packs anyway so there is no fear of it dropping. That linked build is honestly my favorite in the game right now, really interesting mechanically for a lot of reasons and is just a lot of fun to play, absolutely worth checking out if you are a fan of WW.

ZenaxPure

That sounds pretty cool. I'm kinda tired from farming for Mask of Jeram or the 4th piece of Akkham armor. Maybe I should check this one out.

Well the build doesn't really work without Immortal Kings and Tasker and Theo, so it has gear requirements as well (if you don't have those). You use Ancients as a fury battery which lets you channel WW nonstop while keeping 100% uptime on sprint. You can kinda get away with not having Tasker and Theo (though it's a bit rough), but, it won't work at all without IK.

Top Bottom