• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

njean777

Anybody else have 3 trophies that will just not unlock? three of my trophies refuse to unlock. Socket a gem trophy, kill the butcher trophy, and beat act 1 trophy. I don't know what to do about this as I do not want to wipe my save because I am going for the 6 level 70 characters and am doing the hardcore achievement to hit lvl 70. Anybody know if Blizzard is going to fix this? It seems to have happened to a couple of people...

Number45

So post patch 2.1 - is it still recommended to clear the nephalem rifts or should I stop as soon as the guardian is down?

Went straight to T2 with my WD and it's not been too hard. One or two deaths, and I'm not killing things as fast as I probably should be, but pretty good overall.

Going to start hardcore on the easiest difficulty possible. What's a recommended class? I'd prefer to use barbarian since I play D3 with a very basic level of understanding.
Barbarian is fine. I completed the game running hard from start to finish (first HC character, so no boosting) - just don't get complacent like I did. :(

ZenaxPure

I think the general consensus is that it's not worth clearing rifts, but that was pre-2.1 as well.

Pretty much. In terms of efficiency it's always been better to just leave when you kill the RG because it means quicker blood shards.

So basically, there's no tanking at all in hi-lvl, multiplayer grifts, because even the "tanks" get incinerated? Two DD, two buffers, and everyone just runs around like a crazy person, hoping they don't all die at once? Yeah, that does sound kinda lame. Since it sounds like a scaling issue, is it maybe not as bad with duos? We duo pretty much exclusively.

Well the thing to keep in mind is that the amount of players you have doesn't matter. Monster damage doesn't actually increase the more players you have in the game anymore, they patched that out literally 2 years ago, like before the game even released on PS3/360. So really the amount of damage should be smaller in a 4 player game vs. 2 player because you have 2 extra targets to soak up damage and offer buffs/debuffs. But it still isn't enough really.

As for running around like a crazy person, not at all. The thing about zdps monk is it is possible to have 100% uptime on serenity which means they are literally immune to damage. That is how support monk survives in the middle of the action. They can't actually do damage, but, they also can't take damage. But honestly that doesn't matter because the voodoo mask I mentioned makes it so there is basically no need for any concept of tanks. I linked the video a couple of days ago where a guy goes into detail of the build, you keep enemies feared/rooted basically forever. It just never ends and it is crazy. You basically remove damage from the game, the only damage that really comes (outside of bosses) is from something that slips through the cracks, which is probably going to one shot you.

ZangBa

I acquired a full set of Roland's and put on my TnT gloves but ended up not really loving the Sweep Attack build I was aiming for :<. Now I don't know what I want to do with the game.

redwolflim

Neo Member
Few days ago I knew there was a dupe exploits in the game, and I was experiment to try out some novel exploits, and found it works flawlessly.

Here's the method, if you don't want to use this method, please do not click it. This confirms to work in PS4

SPOILER ALERT:

To obtain unlimited or better RoRG:
1) Create another PSN account in your PS4
2) Create a character for the account
3) Use your original character and play T6 difficulty, Act 1 Adventure Mode, since it will guaranteed drop the Cache-specific legendaries item
4) Finish the mission, and get the cache
5) Mail it to your another account character
6) When you see the message "successfully send", DO NOT PRESS X !
7) Press your PS button, it will go back to the PS screen. press start on the diablo game and close the application
8) Restart the application, and you found that your original character still have the cache, and your another character has it as well! You can mail the item back to the original character
9) Repeat the process
10) PROFIT!!! Now you can spam and get unlimited RoRG and found the one you looking for!

Note: This works with below T6 difficulty as well, but the loot will be more random and unpredictable

How to get infinite shard and find the legendaries you want from Kadala
1) Create another PSN account in your PS4
2) Create a character for the account
3) Now use your original character, and save up the shards to 400+++
2) Quit the current game, and restart it
3) Go to Kadala, spend all the shards without worries
4) When you found the legendaries, you can mail it to your another account character
5) When you see the message "successfully send", DO NOT PRESS X !
6) Press your PS button, it will go back to the PS screen. press start on the diablo game and close the application
7) Restart the application, and you found that your original character still retain the shards, and your another character has the legendaries you mail as well! You can mail the item back to the original character
8) Repeat the process
9) PROFIT!!! Now you can spam and get find the legendaries you looking for!

Note: If you dont find the legendaries that you want, you can jump to step 6 and close the game. When it restarts, you still retain the blood shards

Enjoy the exploits where PC gamer cant do!!! :)

HORRORSHØW

^yeah...i'm not willing to give up my sweet loot so easily.

anyway, i'm still tying to gamble for the roland's helm. been at it for the last 3 days. got a sweet 99% leoric's crown in the process though.

Levi

Banned
Played an hour and a half clearing rifts and didn't see a single goddamn treasure goblin. All my loot was shit, too. If I wanted to waste my time Id play Destiny.

I just want to make some gold so I can combine gems. &#128546;&#128546;&#128546;

Jolkien

Played an hour and a half clearing rifts and didn't see a single goddamn treasure goblin. All my loot was shit, too. If I wanted to waste my time Id play Destiny.

I just want to make some gold so I can combine gems. &#128546;&#128546;&#128546;

Rift goblins CANNOT open the portal the the vault. Bounty mode only.

Going to start hardcore on the easiest difficulty possible. What's a recommended class? I'd prefer to use barbarian since I play D3 with a very basic level of understanding.

I used a Barbarian in HC and took her to 70 (for the plat trophy). Go sword and board, spec for defense first and then DPS. I pretty much used Rend the entire time and had a huge bonus to life after kills. After a dozen of so enemies die from Rend, I heal back up to 100%

Crusader is probably a better option, though. They can tank really well and have great skills.

HORRORSHØW

should i roll off the dex for a socket?

Bzz5hn2CcAAucYT.jpg

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;134106245 said:
should i roll off the dex for a socket?

Bzz5hn2CcAAucYT.jpg

Your main stat almost always offers the lowest amount of damage compared to actual dps stats, so yeah you should. That said though, does the fire damage actually help you?

HORRORSHØW

Your main stat almost always offers the lowest amount of damage compared to actual dps stats, so yeah you should. That said though, does the fire damage actually help you?

well, i'm using the shen long fists with fire dmg because the swk monk was cramping my hands lol. and shooting fireballs is always cool. just trying something different with gear that recently dropped. it's mostly mix and match right now. i'm using a strength cindercoat and int magefists.

Lanrutcon

I just want to make some gold so I can combine gems. &#55357;&#56866;&#55357;&#56866;&#55357;&#56866;

Open a private game, port to the Arreat Core in Act 3, sprint through (using whatever your class's best movement skill is). You'll find a goblin there most of the time. Kill, rinse, repeat until you get a Greed portal.

Do this on the highest torment you can survive in, and make sure to bump the difficulty up a notch if you get a portal BEFORE stepping through it. If you think you're going to have issues killing the boss in there, then invite some friends along or enter a Goblin It Forward community channel and tell folks you need help killing in a confirmed portal. You'll get some takers in no time.

Note: this is what I do on the PC. I imagine the PS4 method is the same.

ZenaxPure

Grimløck;134106974 said:
well, i'm using the shen long fists with fire dmg because the swk monk was cramping my hands lol. and shooting fireballs is always cool. just trying something different with gear that recently dropped. it's mostly mix and match right now. i'm using a strength cindercoat and int magefists.

Ahh yeah. Forgot that they buffed that set in the patch. It's pretty cool now.

bobawesome

I go to a friend's house for a few hours and come back into the game only to see that my brother's DPS jumped a cool two million points.

He then explained to me that the level 60 White Prize ring with three slots dropped from a rift guardian when questioned.

Mmhm. ponpoface.jpg

Lanrutcon

I go to a friend's house for a few hours and come back into the game only to see that my brother's DPS jumped a cool two million points.

He then explained to me that the level 60 White Prize ring with three slots dropped from a rift guardian when questioned.

Mmhm. ponpoface.jpg

Totally legit!

ZeroAKA

I haven't gotten a gift in about week and a half. I need more active Diablo friends on PSN (ID: AbstractChaos).

Also, does anyone have a Hellfire Ring? My material farming isn't going very well.

Have 2 or 3 RoRG (+STR) from my Crusader flying around, so if someone needs one just PM me.

If someone has a spare Fate of the Fell Flail lying around PM me too :)

I think I am also able to craft every Set you can find as well as lots and lots of legendaries.

Imouto

Banned
I haven't gotten a gift in about week and a half. I need more active Diablo friends on PSN (ID: AbstractChaos).

Also, does anyone have a Hellfire Ring? My material farming isn't going very well.

I can send you one since I'm done with grinding my lower level characters. Also, I feel like getting less and less gift to send compare to when the game launched. Now I barely have 1 to send even after I got 10 or so Legendary. I'm not surprised that I haven't gotten a single gift for a week when this is the case.

ZeroAKA

I can send you one since I'm done with grinding my lower level characters. Also, I feel like getting less and less gift to send compare to when the game launched. Now I barely have 1 to send even after I got 10 or so Legendary. I'm not surprised that I haven't gotten a single gift for a week when this is the case.
Thanks, I appreciate it. For some reason, the Infernal Machine plan refuses to drop even after almost 5 hours of farming keys on Torment II.

Number45

What approach are people taking levelling a second character through adventure mode? Started a new HC Wizard last night (fancied a change), did a few bounties to get a few levels and get a feel for things then died in my first rift on expert. :p

I'll probably just stick with Barbarian or Crusader.

Imouto

Banned
edit: wrong thread :p

We have no purple. I wish we could get shard back for breaking stuffs, too.

What approach are people taking levelling a second character through adventure mode? Started a new HC Wizard last night (fancied a change), did a few bounties to get a few levels and get a feel for things then died in my first rift on expert. :p

I'll probably just stick with Barbarian or Crusader.

I farmed a Hellfire ring until getting one, and melt through every shit on my path on Torment difficulty at level 1. Just doing bounties and rifts whenever I feel like doing one.

Imouto

Banned
That's gonna require me getting my ass to 70 on HC first! >_<

Lolz, sorry. Missed the HC part. I just played on Normal and get through the story to get all those legendary first, but got bored around lv 40 with my DH and just go back playing with my WD or Barb.

Beckx

So I played D3 on PC a bit at launch, didn't really like as much as stopped playing.

I've just started playing it on PS4 (local co-op) and loving it.

One question: did the starting normal difficulty get severely nerfed? We barely ever get hurt, and never die. Like, we just beat Belial and the last time anyone died was way back in Leoric's mansion. I don't remember D3 being this easy, and definitely D2 wasn't. Maybe it's all the yellow and orange equipment that rained from the heavens, hah.

Awesome! I'll add you tonight.

Did you get the items I sent ya? Its a good setup to start for pet builds! Should hold you over until you've become bored of Torment IV and are ready to move onward. I'd also suggest crafting aughild's set pieces for the % vs elites, Cains set for pants/belt are a good choice also. Gloves aren't too big of a concern, the holy grail of gloves is extremely hard to get (Task and Theo) but a nicely rolled frostburn + weapon with cold damage is very useful for pet builds.

So I played D3 on PC a bit at launch, didn't really like as much as stopped playing.

I've just started playing it on PS4 (local co-op) and loving it.

One question: did the starting normal difficulty get severely nerfed? We barely ever get hurt, and never die. Like, we just beat Belial and the last time anyone died was way back in Leoric's mansion. I don't remember D3 being this easy, and definitely D2 wasn't. Maybe it's all the yellow and orange equipment that rained from the heavens, hah.
Yes, raise difficulty as high as possible.

Snackawho

Hey guys, I just got my demon hunter up to level 70. What should I be doing to farm gear amd gems? And I'm thinking of starting a new character after I've farmed for a bit. What's the best way of leveling a character rather than going through the story again?

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Guys, regarding multiplayer/coop, is still like before? I mean, when a guest joins an host, only the host progresses the story and everything the guest achieves is resetted to 0 when back to his gameworld?

Imouto

Banned
Hey guys, I just got my demon hunter up to level 70. What should I be doing to farm gear amd gems? And I'm thinking of starting a new character after I've farmed for a bit. What's the best way of leveling a character rather than going through the story again?

Adventure mode. Go back to the menu and choose "Game Setting".

Guys, regarding multiplayer/coop, is still like before? I mean, when a guest joins an host, only the host progresses the story and everything the guest achieves is resetted to 0 when back to his gameworld?

Anything you achieve in the multiplay are included into your progress.

Thanks, I was a approaching it from the D2 perspective of playing through each difficulty in sequence. So in this one we just bump it up to the highest unlocked difficulty that we have & that we can beat?

Yes, but I suggest going for expert since you could breeze through it decently without wasting too much time. Until you get a good weapon, playing at Master right at the beginning will cost you more time than needed to obtain the same result.

Yeah, finding that balance is key. Just because you can survive a level doesn't mean it's the most effective for XPing and even dropping loot.

A lot of players used loot goblins as a measuring stick. If they're getting away from you, then you're probably wasting your time on that difficulty.

Found the vault! On torment 3 I got 20 million gold, gem of the hoarders and a leorics crown which enhances any socketed gem by 88%

I'm gonna get some awesome cool down reduction on this right?

Btw what do u do at the end of the vault? I killed the guy and there is the big chest there..do you just teleport back to town or what? I can't get back passed the inner sanctum

Garret

The last time I played a Diablo game was ages ago, but I'm really trying to get good games that are fun for local multiplayer. Do you think this game can fill that spot, mates?

Well, thanks to my crappy RRoG, I now have Followers for the first time ever. What's the best way to set them up to assist my flux-wiz and her lightningWW-barb? Will the Enchantress' Forceful Push proc my Flux, for example? Would it proc Strongarm Bracers, if I had some? Does she benefit from my ADI? The party buffs I've heard about; that's stuff like her Missile Ward skill, or should I be looking for something else? When something says it buffs "me and the Enchantress," is it really just the two of us, or do all allies benefit?

So it looks like they can be equipped with main-/off-hand, jewelry, and a follower item. Anything I need to know about that? Can they benefit from leg gems? Since we never planned to use followers, we've scrapped every single piece of follower gear we encountered prior to last night. ><

Well the thing to keep in mind is that the amount of players you have doesn't matter. Monster damage doesn't actually increase the more players you have in the game anymore, they patched that out literally 2 years ago, like before the game even released on PS3/360. So really the amount of damage should be smaller in a 4 player game vs. 2 player because you have 2 extra targets to soak up damage and offer buffs/debuffs. But it still isn't enough really.

As for running around like a crazy person, not at all. The thing about zdps monk is it is possible to have 100% uptime on serenity which means they are literally immune to damage. That is how support monk survives in the middle of the action. They can't actually do damage, but, they also can't take damage. But honestly that doesn't matter because the voodoo mask I mentioned makes it so there is basically no need for any concept of tanks. I linked the video a couple of days ago where a guy goes into detail of the build, you keep enemies feared/rooted basically forever. It just never ends and it is crazy. You basically remove damage from the game, the only damage that really comes (outside of bosses) is from something that slips through the cracks, which is probably going to one shot you.
Ah, now I get it. Thanks. I get that they wanna make it harder, but if 100% stunlocking is the only viable option, then yeah, I'd say something is broken.

Top Bottom