• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Then why are you not on my friends list already?! :p

checked your GAF profile and it only has your NIN id

Ahh, so hard to remember to change that!

PSN- Splitdog79

Currently level 17 Witch Doctor. Still trying to figure all this nonsense out. Very complex game to just walk into, as I'm sure you're finding out!

Hobbun

I am looking forward to trying out the changes for 2.1, but not liking what I am hearing about how much gold you get in the vault.

I am hoping things become insanely expensive later on, as the amounts of gold I am hearing coming out of the vault are enough to what I would believe would keep you set for the rest of the game. Don't really like that.

Dash Kappei

Not actually that important
Legendaries on your mail tonight :D

OMG

Ahh, so hard to remember to change that!

PSN- Splitdog79

Currently level 17 Witch Doctor. Still trying to figure all this nonsense out. Very complex game to just walk into, as I'm sure you're finding out!

Have yet to fire it up, just came home from the train station after a 4 hours trip playing Link's
Awakening, only updated the game to the newest patch and now I'm eating as fast as I can and then giving a bit of time to family but later on it'll be Diablo night all night long :p

Came home to find DIII *AND* a package, from a gaffer, which I wasn't expecting at all (from my dear friend dr_octagon) and inside there was freaking A Link Between Worlds for 3DS! Holy cow, what a gift... just like that, just because I mentioned I wanted to play it and he sent it to me for no reasons other than I'm awesome like that (lol). No seriously, what an awesome feeling :)

DD-11

I am looking forward to trying out the changes for 2.1, but not liking what I am hearing about how much gold you get in the vault.

I am hoping things become insanely expensive later on, as the amounts of gold I am hearing coming out of the vault are enough to what I would believe would keep you set for the rest of the game. Don't really like that.

Simple. Then don't enter the portal. I'm sick of paying through the nose to upgrade gems so I jumped in the portal last night with glee.

On an unrelated note, I found another RRoG last night, but can't, for the life of me, find any set pieces for any of my characters...

Raptor

Simple. Then don't enter the portal. I'm sick of paying through the nose to upgrade gems so I jumped in the portal last night with glee.

On an unrelated note, I found another RRoG last night, but can't, for the life of me, find any set pieces for any of my characters...

Is hard enough to first find the damn gems to on top of that put half a million to upgrade lol.

DD-11

Is hard enough to first find the damn gems to on top of that put half a million to upgrade lol.

You speak the truth.. What's worse still, is removing gems to make a new set, but running out of gems and running with empty slots. Or doing the above, but running out of money in the middle of combining.

Krayzie

You can easily go through 30-40 mill from just crafting gems.
I was told that the recent patch was supposed to decrease the cost of crafting gems.
Evidently that was not the case, so the vault is prob Blizzard ways of compensating.

Hobbun

This has never been acceptable resolution for me. Gimp what is available to give it that veiled challenge. It's the same idea of making the three heart run in Zelda. Kudos to those who enjoy doing so, but it is not my preferred play style. I want to experience the vault, I just don't want it to break the bank for my character.

You can easily go through 30-40 mill from just crafting gems.
I was told that the recent patch was supposed to decrease the cost of crafting gems.
Evidently that was not the case, so the vault is prob Blizzard ways of compensating.

Ok, this is encouraging to hear. Thanks.

HORRORSHØW

finally dropped a gift. probably should have rolled cdr but damage is too sexy.

BznrT6vCUAAfPHB.jpg

I have a PS+ account and my son is a sub on my account. PS4 is, as far as I can tell, my "active" system. When he tries to join my game on the same PS4 he gets a "You must be signed in to a SEN account with online play privileges to play online games. Do you wish to continue and play in LAN mode?"

This seems new. What the hell is wrong with my setup?

Number45

Is everyone getting the vault on their first goblin kill post community event? Feel like I've wasted my chance, as it popped while I was trying out my WD build on normal. Only got 2m. :(

Still, that pet build feels like cheating. Going to build up some keys and then see how far I can push it.

New002

This has never been acceptable resolution for me. Gimp what is available to give it that veiled challenge. It's the same idea of making the three heart run in Zelda. Kudos to those who enjoy doing so, but it is not my preferred play style. I want to experience the vault, I just don't want it to break the bank for my character.

Ok, this is encouraging to hear. Thanks.

Clear the vault. Donate the gold. Problem solved :)

Boogdud

So earlier today I was leveling my crusader and killed malthiel at 68 and got the reapers wraps recipe. Couldn't use it because I wasn't 70 and didn't have the smith trained up. So I just logged on and hit 70 and the recipe is no longer in my bag, and the smith doesn't know it, so um wtf. I know on the pc the recipe only drops on your first kill.

AEREC

Just noticed that after the patch my characters had been re-ordered to alphabetical. Pre-patch I did have them set up in a way so that my I had (from top to bottom) 5 normal characters and 5 hardcore characters...now they are co-mingled.

Is there anyway to change the order of the list of characters?

I have a PS+ account and my son is a sub on my account. PS4 is, as far as I can tell, my "active" system. When he tries to join my game on the same PS4 he gets a "You must be signed in to a SEN account with online play privileges to play online games. Do you wish to continue and play in LAN mode?"

This seems new. What the hell is wrong with my setup?
Does he have a PSN account? My GF has one and she can coattail on my PS+, but we do get that error if she manages to jump in to the game before she's fully signed in.

Boogdud

What in the ever living hell.... Apparently mass salvaging destroys recipes despite them being legendary or set pieces. Why the hell would they do that?!?

Edit: I just tried it with an asheara plan I just got and it didn't salvage it. So that's good. Still no idea what happened to my reapers wrap recipe though. Real bummer.

redwolflim

Neo Member
I am planning to make a firestarter crusader that needs The Furnace in PS4. Is anyone willing to trade/dupe his The Furnace to me? Many thanks.

My PSN ID: sannylim93

Paying it forward have spare RoRG(str) and Akkhan shoulders for any crusader that needs.

Got Darklight from Kadala and am loving it total build changer.Question what skills/runes do good fire damage to go with my Maximum?

Psn-Legendkilla3rd

Paying it forward have spare RoRG(str) and Akkhan shoulders for any crusader that needs.

Got Darklight from Kadala and am loving it total build changer.Question what skills/runes do good fire damage to go with my Maximum?

Psn-Legendkilla3rd

Even though I would love both, I won't be greedy, I would gladly take either of those off your hands.
RoRG would be the most welcome.

Psn : bright-light

Imouto

Banned
I think the RRoG is weighted differently compares to other legendaries. 10 boxes and I keep getting the Amulet and the Bracers.

Jolkien

Unrelenting Phalanx refuses to drop so far :(. I hate how Blizzard made it that there's only 3 rings in the game. RoRG, Unity and SoJ nothing even come close. Have to wait to find a second SoJ and hope I can roll a socket into it (had to roll %elemental damage on it) so I'll be able to run with another legendary gem.

Doesn't help that SoJ seems to be extremely rare (got one but it rolled like crap) from a gift. Haven't seen a Unity either in 253 plvl sigh.

What's the consensus on the best legendary gem so far?

I have:

Bane of the powerful
Bane of the trapped
Invigorating gemstone
Mirinae teardrop of the star Weaver
Moratorium
Simplicity's strength

Jolkien

What's the consensus on the best legendary gem so far?

I have:

Bane of the powerful
Bane of the trapped
Invigorating gemstone
Mirinae teardrop of the star Weaver
Moratorium
Simplicity's strength

Depend on your class and spec. They are all super easy to find, just run 13 greater rift, and make sure to kill the goblin vault boss for the 14th gem. For crusaders (that's what you play I assume from your earlier post) Mirinae and Bane of the trapped and Bane of the Powerful until gem lvl 30. From gem level 30 to 50 Pain enhancer becomes better. (Those are for build I know, Holy Shotgun, Stampede)

Depend on your class and spec. They are all super easy to find, just run 13 greater rift, and make sure to kill the goblin vault boss for the 14th gem. For crusaders (that's what you play I assume from your earlier post) Mirinae and Bane of the trapped and Bane of the Powerful until gem lvl 30. From gem level 30 to 50 Pain enhancer becomes better. (Those are for build I know, Holy Shotgun, Stampede)
I'm only up to GR10 so far. I just got gogok of swiftness which Seems to suit my play style more (increased attack speed for 4 seconds stackin 15x then up to 15% cooldown reduction after level 25)

Also, do you keep going higher in rifts or upgrading your gems every time you clear a grift?

Jolkien

I'm only up to GR10 so far. I just got gogok of swiftness which Seems to suit my play style more (increased attack speed for 4 seconds stackin 15x then up to 15% cooldown reduction after level 25)

Also, do you keep going higher in rifts or upgrading your gems every time you clear a grift?

Use this chart: http://aaforgex.com/d3gemcalc/ to check your upgrade chance.
My crusader can clear up to grift lvl 30 I get destroyed on 31, I completed one but like 8 mins too late. I normally run at grift 27-29 (I clear the trial up to wave 30 and depending on how I did it puts me in that bracket). I then clear the rift and upgrade my gem, upgrade drop to 60% but it's pretty painless for me to level my gem to level 25 while hunting for gear to go Stampede (since apparently for high grift nothing come close to it).

When you can clear grift at level 25 (witch is roughly the same as torment 6) if you want xp/hour you run normal rift, if you want more legendary run greater rift.

Bottom line is there's not one perfect answer, if you can run up to level 10 if you can get both ring and amulet socketed with legendary gems it'll help tremendously. (I only use one at the moment, I'm really looking for a good ring and amulet so I can roll a socket into them)

Jolkien

Anyone with both PC and PS4 versions recommend the double dip? Seems like there's a healthy community here for the PS4.

I triple dipped (PC, Ps3 and Ps4). Once I played with a controller there was no going back for me. I went in skeptic with playing D3 with a controller but it works really really well in my opinion. Cheaters sucks but I stay clear fromm public game, only play with RL friend and gaffer.

Use this chart: http://aaforgex.com/d3gemcalc/ to check your upgrade chance.
My crusader can clear up to grift lvl 30 I get destroyed on 31, I completed one but like 8 mins too late. I normally run at grift 27-29 (I clear the trial up to wave 30 and depending on how I did it puts me in that bracket). I then clear the rift and upgrade my gem, upgrade drop to 60% but it's pretty painless for me to level my gem to level 25 while hunting for gear to go Stampede (since apparently for high grift nothing come close to it).

When you can clear grift at level 25 (witch is roughly the same as torment 6) if you want xp/hour you run normal rift, if you want more legendary run greater rift.

Bottom line is there's not one perfect answer, if you can run up to level 10 if you can get both ring and amulet socketed with legendary gems it'll help tremendously. (I only use one at the moment, I'm really looking for a good ring and amulet so I can roll a socket into them)

I have a rorg to equip soon but its not particularly good. Plus no slot in my amulet until I can roll one.

Is the jekanbord a good shield? I just gone one but with no slot and no crit hit chance.. My defender of west march seems better but I guess I don't use blessed shield..

Jolkien

I have a rorg to equip soon but its not particularly good. Plus no slot in my amulet until I can roll one.

Is the jekanbord a good shield? I just gone one but with no slot and no crit hit chance.. My defender of west march seems better but I guess I don't use blessed shield..

If you run a Blessed Shield build it's pretty darn good. My RoRG also had bad rolls, so does my Stone of Jordan :(.

Keep and eye out on the Holy Shotgun build and Stampede build, very effective, but very gear dependant. The 2 crusader build as far as I know that are ''viable'' for high greater rift. You need Fate of the Fell (2 hand Flail) and 5 pieces Akkhan for it to work (Holy Shotgun) and Unrelenting Phalanx (Crusader Shield) for stampede.

If you run a Blessed Shield build it's pretty darn good. My RoRG also had bad rolls, so does my Stone of Jordan :(.

Keep and eye out on the Holy Shotgun build and Stampede build, very effective, but very gear dependant. The 2 crusader build as far as I know that are ''viable'' for high greater rift. You need Fate of the Fell (2 hand Flail) and 5 pieces Akkhan for it to work (Holy Shotgun) and Unrelenting Phalanx (Crusader Shield) for stampede.
Yep know of these.I have one akkhans shoulders only and no fate of fell! Just got the pain enhancer gem you talked about and looks pretty good. Might start upgrading this one as it looks like it'll be good for future builds.

Jolkien

Yep know of these.I have one akkhans shoulders only and no fate of fell! Just got the pain enhancer gem you talked about and looks pretty good. Might start upgrading this one as it looks like it'll be good for future builds.

Ah man if you played on PS4 I could hook you up, got some Akkhans stashed up :( Good hunting !

Ah man if you played on PS4 I could hook you up, got some Akkhans stashed up :( Good hunting !

i swear im the only person in here playing on XB1...c heers anyway man.

You got the rolands set? i have 2 pieces. One more and with the RORG i can get the benefit of the 4 piece set (100% increase sweep and shield bash damage) - which means i will have to change my build again for sure.

Updawgs

I triple dipped (PC, Ps3 and Ps4). Once I played with a controller there was no going back for me. I went in skeptic with playing D3 with a controller but it works really really well in my opinion. Cheaters sucks but I stay clear fromm public game, only play with RL friend and gaffer.

If I were to pick up the PS4 version (I already own PC), is there a fast(er) way to power to 70, with or without GAF's help? Thanks!

Anyone with both PC and PS4 versions recommend the double dip? Seems like there's a healthy community here for the PS4.

I own both version and the PS4 is most definitely my favorite, especially now that it has 2.1, but I preferred it prior to that even. D3 just feels like it was made for console. It's fast, frenetic, and fun to play with a controller.

If I were to pick up the PS4 version (I already own PC), is there a fast(er) way to power to 70, with or without GAF's help? Thanks!
The Apprentice mode is pretty effective, and gaffers seem pretty generous with gifts, so I think you'll be okay. :)

Just send out plenty of friend requests. Speaking of, do we have a dummy PSN account for this game, like the Driveclub-GAF account? That thing is super useful.

Raptor

This Monk Build is fucking insane man seriously, even though I don't have nor the weapons or the recomended gear T1 and T2 are a joke even Elites, makes the monk such a tank that the life bar pretty much stays full even with all enemies throwing shit at me lol love it.

Problem is I need the Flying Dragon and some Sunwuku gear, I dont have anything, Sillysil do you have any Monk gear like this? lol.

God damn I love, also teleporting all over the damn place.

This Monk Build is fucking insane man seriously, even though I don't have nor the weapons or the recomended gear T1 and T2 are a joke even Elites, makes the monk such a tank that the life bar pretty much stays full even with all enemies throwing shit at me lol love it.

Problem is I need the Flying Dragon and some Sunwuku gear, I dont have anything, Sillysil do you have any Monk gear like this? lol.

God damn I love, also teleporting all over the damn place.

My lightning monk pretty much runs straight through t1 and t2. Haven't tried harder difficulty yet. Plus I just added that wreath of lightning gem which will make him even stronger.

I have an extra sunwuku amulet. Got a flying dragon last night, but haven't used it yet. Saving daibos for the monk sets that give bonuses for them.

Top Bottom