• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

joeblow

Drop vitality, not strength.

IMO you should always focus your weapon on maximum DPS output.

Btw uber Diablo is no pushover! Finally have the ingredients to create a hellfire amulet. Needs a perfect roll though to beat what I have :/

Hmmmm, then maybe try for +10% Damage instead of CDR?

BTW, good luck on your HF Ammy present. My drop from the other day literally broke the game for me in all but Greater Rifts. Having that 5th passive (Finery) allowed me to buff up my defense with another passive, which was holding me back a bit. I now roll through everything in the game except around L31-32 GR.

Raptor

You should! I'm due to try another class as well here shortly, I have yet to try a barb or crusader

When the goblin vault opened I was on the phone with my wife at the time. I said "holy shit I have to go! I'll call you back soon!" and hung up abruptly before she had time to inquire (first time I've seen the vault, I was a bit excited!) After the deed was done I called back and she thought there was an emergency or something, she actually laughed when I told her it was diablo related. She also was not surprised in the least

Then Im not afraid to tell you that I had to go because my wife told me it was time to turn it off lols, Im too addicted that I can't play for more than an hour on weekdays, I can play all nigth on saturdays though I hope we can get together this weekend and play all nighter, you too Turnbuckle and all that wants to join in!

turnbuckle

Then Im not afraid to tell you that I had to go because my wife told me it was time to turn it off lols, Im too addicted that I can't play for more than an hour on weekdays, I can play all nigth on saturdays though I hope we can get together this weekend and play all nighter, you too Turnbuckle and all that wants to join in!

Hahaha, yeah, I tend to only get a chance to play once the girlfriend is asleep. She sleeps pretty early since her pregnancy so I don't get a ton of time to be with her after work on weekdays so I tend to wait. I don't have a "rule" against playing at other times, but I generally save it for bedtime. I might play a bit earlier than normal today depending though; she got a book last night that she's hooked on and might be glued to that while I'm looting it up next to her :)

joeblow

I just had a thought about my FoF posted above.... what if I wait for a Ramaladni's Gift to drop and then roll my natural Socket into CDR. I can then use RG for a new Socket, right? Or does it work different than that?

Raptor

I just had a thought about my FoF posted above.... what if I wait for a Ramaladni's Gift to drop and then roll my natural Socket into CDR. I can then use RG for a new Socket, right? Or does it work different than that?

Im not even sure you can roll a socket off.

But that sounds like a good plan if it works.

turnbuckle

Im not even sure you can roll a socket off.

But that sounds like a good plan if it works.

Yup, it would work. You can't roll a socket created by the Ramaladni gift, but you can roll off a natural socket first then add a socket via the gift afterwards.

That would be the way to go for making his FotF the best it could be given his available options :)

turnbuckle said:
Hahaha, yeah, I tend to only get a chance to play once the girlfriend is asleep. She sleeps pretty early since her pregnancy so I don't get a ton of time to be with her after work on weekdays so I tend to wait. I don't have a "rule" against playing at other times, but I generally save it for bedtime. I might play a bit earlier than normal today depending though; she got a book last night that she's hooked on and might be glued to that while I'm looting it up next to her :)

I'm in similar situations. I typically only play once the wife is asleep but weekends I consider fair game, so that is when most of the damage is done (and when most of the sleep happens during the day!) luckily the wife is usually in bed by nine even on the weekends. I'm game for an all-nighter this weekend as long as I can stay awake!

ZenaxPure

Hmmmm, then maybe try for +10% Damage instead of CDR?

Well I mean, CDR does help with your dps in the grand scheme of things, so it's fine. CDR isn't really mandatory for Crusader weapons anymore, I'd just do it if you need to reach the 55% for perma-champion. And yes, you can roll the socket away and then use a gift on it for a socket, that is what you should do in fact.

joeblow

Thanks fellas! I'll wait for a RG and then roll the natural Socket into +10% Damage at first to see how I like it. I can switch to CDR if I change my mind.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Depends on what you're going for. If it's legendaries - the highest you can do. Contrary to what some have said, you absolutely get a higher chance of legendaries doing higher torment bounties. I had 5 horodric caches last night and I was 5/5 in getting legendaries.

100% on t6 that's a simple fact so keep preaching.

Raptor

I'm in similar situations. I typically only play once the wife is asleep but weekends I consider fair game, so that is when most of the damage is done (and when most of the sleep happens during the day!) luckily the wife is usually in bed by nine even on the weekends. I'm game for an all-nighter this weekend as long as I can stay awake!

Awesome man since I play till probably 5 or 6 am :p.

Last weekend I started like from 8pm tp like 6am

Was insanity.

turnbuckle

100% on t6 that's a simple fact so keep preaching.

I wasn't sure if it was 100% or close to 100%. I was doing Torment V and went 5/5. No way I'll be able to get more efficient results on Torment VI yet, but anyone able to handle that difficulty and looking for cache legendaries should.

I wonder what the chances are per torment. Can we presume they're whatever the chances are on PC after whatever update improved them?

turnbuckle

I need to look at the cache legendary exclusives and see if there are others besides the RRoG that I want for my crusader. Did one in Act III yesterday and that took a considerably longer time than Act I. That underbridge or whatever's layout is huge and takes a lot of time if you end up going the wrong way. Also had a hard time killing siegebreaker even on Torment IV lol. I mean, I killed him but I nearly died a few times.

List of Cache Exclusive Legendaries

Hmm...other than the RRoG I'm not sure there's a must-have item for my crusader. Good to know.

joeblow

Here ya go....

Act One
Golden Gorget of Leoric
Amulet: After earning a massacre bonus, 4–6 Skeletons are summoned to fight by your side for 10 seconds

Mad Monarch's Scepter
One-Handed Mace: After killing 10 enemies, you release a Poison Nova that deals 1050–1400% weapon damage as Poison to enemies within 30 yards.

Pauldrons of the Skeleton King
Shoulders: When receiving fatal damage, there is a chance that you are instead restored to 25% of maximum Life and cause nearby enemies to flee in fear.

Ring of Royal Grandeur
Ring: Reduces the number of items needed for set bonuses by 1 (to a minimum of 2).

Sanguinary Vambraces
Bracers: Chance on being hit to deal 1000% of your Thorns damage to nearby enemies.

Act Two
Cloak Of Deception
Cloak: Enemy missiles sometimes pass through you harmlessly.

Coven's Criterion
Shield: You take 45–60% less damage from blocked attacks.

Gloves of Worship
Gloves: Shrine effects last for 10 minutes.

Illusory Boots
Boots: You may move unhindered through enemies.

Act Three
Avarice Band
Ring: Each time you pick up gold, increase your Gold and Health Pickup radius by 1 yard for 10 seconds, stacking up to 30 times.

Boots of Disregard
Boots: Gain 500 Life Regeneration per second for each second you stand still. This effect stacks up to 8 times.

Burst Of Wrath
Two-Handed Axe: Killing enemies and destroying objects has a chance to grant 20% of your maximum primary resource.

Envious Blade
Dagger: Gain 100% Critical Hit Chance against enemies at full health.

Overwhelming Desire
Amulet: Chance on hit to charm the enemy. While charmed, the enemy takes 35% more damage.

Insatiable Belt
Belt: Picking up a Health Globe increases your maximum Life by 5% for 15 seconds, stacking up to 5 times.

Pride's Fall
Helmet: Your resource costs are reduced by 30% after not taking damage for 5 seconds.

Act Four
No legendary items are specially tied to Act Four Caches, but bounty bags earned in that act can contain the special legendary items from any of the other acts.

Act Five
Pandemonium Loop
Ring: Enemies slain while Feared die in a bloody explosion and cause other nearby enemies to flee in Fear.

Death’s Bargain
Pants: Gain an aura of death that deals 750-1000% of your Life per Second to enemies within 20 yards. You no longer regenerate Life.

Salvation
Crusader Shield: Blocked attacks heal you and your allies for 20–30% of the amount blocked.

Helltrapper
Hand Crossbow: 7–10% chance on hit to summon a Spike Trap, Caltrops or Sentry

Soulsmasher
Two-Handed Mace: When you kill an enemy, it explodes for 450–600% of your Life per Kill as damage to all enemies within 20 yards. You no longer benefit from your Life per Kill.

LCGeek

formerly sane
Before the new patch with Greater Rifts, Horadric Cache drop rate was abysmal. Now you have 100% on T6.

That I can agree too, I just saw the post and wanted to imply for current meta it's max at t6 and pretty good once you reach T3 or higher imo.

HORRORSHØW

Greetings Diablo-GAF. I figured I post some links from Diabloincgamers.com to help give you guys a perspective on how your chosen class will fair in Greater Rifts and how the difficulty scales in Greaters Rifts.
interesting. looks like i need to dust off my wizard and start raining fire. crusader is pretty easy mainly because of its inherent 2 extra lives in the form of a passive and akarat's champion. i would rank barb as the hardest to progress through mainly because of the reasons you listed--they take too much damage and it's difficult to mitigate it. they have no single-target either.

anyways. i finally got a roland's helm to drop. no eternal union ring so can't run the bowmen build. going to try a sweep attack build with a cindercoat and maximus and see how far i can take it.

Laconic

Banned
I've had an unenchanted Fate of Fell for three weeks or so and am now looking to add Cool Down Reduction. Any suggestions? The stats are all pretty big to simply drop one of them. Maybe Strength?

D3RoSHFFoF.jpg

Roll off the SOCKET.

Save it for a Ram Gift.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Well I mean, CDR does help with your dps in the grand scheme of things, so it's fine. CDR isn't really mandatory for Crusader weapons anymore, I'd just do it if you need to reach the 55% for perma-champion. And yes, you can roll the socket away and then use a gift on it for a socket, that is what you should do in fact.

If you solo in greater rifts I would say CDR on weapon is must to get perm champion with dual unity set up. Especially if you are shotgun crusader any downtime is almost instant death in greater rifts if fighting any champion or elite. I have cool down in all locations but amulet and still only 54.5% because missing 5 total cool down from non perfect items. If you don't solo greater rifts use the leoric helm instead because if you got good gear can drop cool down from 1 slot. With how easily it is to farm RoRG can find one one with either socket or high crit damage. So you can have both on at least 1 ring plus a legendary gem. I have 2 set ups one for groups/regular rifts and one for solo greater rifts. I hope to ditch shotgun 1 day but the bleeping stampede shield is so damn hard to roll good. I even have grandfathered in bugged physical SOJ with natural socket.

quest

Not Banned from OT

I would just roll with it as is since the damage rolled so low and no cool down/+damage or wrath regen.. Unless you are one of those lucky few who pop gifts like crazy. Wait for a better FoTF for a gift or save any gift for a furnace or well rolled heart slaughter for stampede build.

ZenaxPure

If you solo in greater rifts I would say CDR on weapon is must to get perm champion with dual unity set up.

They changed Unity in 2.1 so that it has 1 random roll (instead of all stats being predetermined). The Unity I am currently using on a lot of my characters is CDR, Crit, Elite, Socket.

Honestly with 2.1 you have a lot of options on how to handle CDR now because you can get it in so many other places. For example I've actually seen a lot of crusaders on the leaderboards just using full Akkhan (so they can use Unity + SoJ) and just making up the lost CDR with stuff like the Vigilante Belt or Gogok. Basically my point is it mostly just comes down to the rest of your drops, you can be more flexible now given how easy it is to get CDR now.

Krayzie

All you folks seem to be at T6 level, so I never join. I'd be dead weight on both my crusader and WD. :'(

I've got some spare akkan and roland gear I could pass to ya.
Just last week I thought doing T6 rifts would be impossible for me.

Switch some skills/gear around and WHAM!!. T6 aint a prob now.
Experiment around with the gear you have. You'll be surprised what a few tweaks/changes here and there can achieve.

Number45

I've got some spare akkan and roland gear I could pass to ya.
Just last week I thought doing T6 rifts would be impossible for me.

Switch some skills/gear around and WHAM!!. T6 aint a prob now.
Experiment around with the gear you have. You'll be surprised what a few tweaks/changes here and there can achieve.
My skills are a bit of a mish-mash, but then my luck on gear hasn't been great to allow me to focus on anything in particular - my stats are pretty good, but it seems like you need those set pieces or specific legendaries to push on further from where I currently sit. Same story for both WD and Crusader really, with a pretty significant amount of hours between them.

I'm starting the hunt for Firebird's set items. I have already dropped the gloves and chest.

I'm pretty sick of playing a disintegrate wizard at this point.

quest

Not Banned from OT
They changed Unity in 2.1 so that it has 1 random roll (instead of all stats being predetermined). The Unity I am currently using on a lot of my characters is CDR, Crit, Elite, Socket.

Honestly with 2.1 you have a lot of options on how to handle CDR now because you can get it in so many other places. For example I've actually seen a lot of crusaders on the leaderboards just using full Akkhan (so they can use Unity + SoJ) and just making up the lost CDR with stuff like the Vigilante Belt or Gogok. Basically my point is it mostly just comes down to the rest of your drops, you can be more flexible now given how easy it is to get CDR now.

Even with perfect cool down rolls on all viable locations but amulet including vigilante belt it is either gogok or cool down on weapon to get perm champion with dual unity. I rather have consistency of weapon cool down than to manage stacks. I miss champion time to time because not looking at timer. Be even worse having look at stacks to. Gogok be more powerful because can drop lot cool down for damage. But each miss manage of stacks is 4-5 seconds no champion same for bad density. If shotgun crusader that's death if in middle of fight. Stampede be ok if you run away and regroup. Gogok more of stampede thing since fighting at range.

I have the same unity I like it a lot. I did not word right sorry.

Mutagenic

Permanent Junior Member
Ever since the patch, half the time I deploy a sentry my character tells me I can't do that yet even though he drops it down anyways. It's annoying and never used to happen.

Raptor

So how do you effectively compare 1h+off vs 2h weapons?

1H are faster but weaker and 2H are slower but more powerfull.

Well thats how campared them back then, then I realize that some 1H deals more damage per second because they land more hits or something like that.

1H 1.4 APS = 1000 DPS
2H 1.0 APS = 1200 DPS

But that 1H does .4 more damage = 400 DMG = 1400 DMG in a second acumulative.

I don't know what the fuck Im talking about to be honest butthat does makes sense to me lol.

Paganmoon

1H are faster but weaker and 2H are slower but more powerfull.

Well thats how campared them back then, then I realize that some 1H deals more damage per second because they land more hits or something like that.

1H 1.4 APS = 1000 DPS
2H 1.0 APS = 1200 DPS

But that 1H does .4 more damage = 400 DMG = 1400 DMG in a second acumulative.

I don't know what the fuck Im talking about to be honest butthat does makes sense to me lol.

Doesn't the DPS already account for the 0.4 extra attack? Otherwise, it's not Damage Per Second.

Also interested in an easy way to compare two-hander to dualwielding, specially for my HC barb now.

Hellfire ring/amulet is this bugged or just a bad fucking joke? I spent two hours farming the the key of evil must have killed the keywarden atleast 50 times on torment 6. When it droped i picked it up and ported back to town and when i went to the blacksmith to build it, it was gone.

So i built another "machine" killed skeleton king and magda on torment 6 and got 4 yellow items............. yes this was fun.

Paganmoon

Hellfire ring/amulet is this bugged or just a bad fucking joke? I spent two hours farming the the key of evil must have killed the keywarden atleast 50 times on torment 6. When it droped i picked it up and ported back to town and when i went to the blacksmith to build it, it was gone.

So i built another "machine" killed skeleton king and magda on torment 6 and got 4 yellow items............. yes this was fun.

Yeah it's annoying, I stopped bothering with that farm. Only have my WD left to level to 70, and can twink it up just with gems and stuff instead.

quest

Not Banned from OT

Well helscream and I did ubers 3 times. All 3 times magda was bugged would not drop her shield. Was frustrating so gave up did grift. Proceeded to get butt kick in mid 30s grift again. Helscream carried us again.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
Doesn't the DPS already account for the 0.4 extra attack? Otherwise, it's not Damage Per Second.

Also interested in an easy way to compare two-hander to dualwielding, specially for my HC barb now.

Yeah, pretty sure that's the case. But I don't think it takes into account the damage contribution from your off hand. I guess I could just compare my damage with each on, but that's a bit annoying.

ScoopEE

Neo Member
Some dude begged me over and over to hold my Thunderfury for a transmog. Promised that he just wanted to hold it, was willing to give me $10M just to hold it.

I told him, sure, just loan me every one of your equipped legendaries and I'll happily pass it over for you for the transmog. I absolutely would have given it back, but I had little faith he would meet his end of the bargain.

Laconic

Banned
Some dude begged me over and over to hold my Thunderfury for a transmog. Promised that he just wanted to hold it, was willing to give me $10M just to hold it.

I told him, sure, just loan me every one of your equipped legendaries and I'll happily pass it over for you for the transmog. I absolutely would have given it back, but I had little faith he would meet his end of the bargain.

My Barb dual-wields Thunderfuries... Sunkeeper and stat stick Decimator, in truth.

That transmog is a sexy thing

And my Templar uses a real one, lol.

reminds me a runestones in Diablo 2... For those who don't know, often times someone would rush you through Hell difficulty so you could participate in baal runs (keep in mind this can only happen in Hell once per character, and the rune drops were extremely valuable, I cannot even think of a comparison for diablo3)... In exchange for the rush, either an item would be traded or the rusher would get the rune, the latter would only be done if desperate. Many times people would offer "free rush!" in the game title and end up having friends join the game right as the rune dropped in order to steal your rune.

I lost a Jah because of that =( Still bugs me to this day.

For conversations sake, how does everyone compare the difficulty of diablo3 to diablo2? IMO diablo 2 was much harder. Hell difficulty was exactly as described. I am so glad there are not any immune elites. T6 is essentially a joke when equipped with the right gear. In diablo 2, one could have the best gear available and still die. Not to mention, once rune words were added, farming for the best gear became a near impossible task as you had to get multiple rare runes and a corresponding socketed item worthy of the runes, which was a task in it self. Breath of the dying anyone?

I think of this every time I question the RNG. I've been looking for a furnace and TnT for quite some time, but I could play diablo 2 for 100+ hours and not get anything. I would consider myself lucky if I just saw something unique drop in a run, let alone if I was lucky enough to pick it up first. Although, in the time I played, I legitimately found 2 shakos and a full tal's set =D

Of course, D3 now has the grifts, which is basically unlimited difficulty, but I don't think that is really comparable.

Top Bottom