• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Goddamn Blacksalad you melt all on T5 and you gave me luck because that first rift gave me a Sunwuku piece and the piro plan and some other stuff, legendarios were dropping like candies for me :)

Edit:

If you see me playing you can join or invite me, is very fun playing coop.

haha yes, the firebird build is great fun and chaos. You brought me some luck as well, subwilde and I hit the goblin vault a bit after you left, I walked away with ~80million =D

Join up anytime, I'm always game

bobawesome

I really wish they let us choose who to send a gift, or at least put priority to people who are active for the last few days. I rarely found any gift, and when I do, it's for people who are playing Destiny and haven't touched D3 for more than a week.

Maybe I should filter my friend list.

Heh, I've thought of doing the same more than once. I do feel bad when I can't find gifts for people I know are active, though. I'm not sure if I've sent you a gift since you added me.

edit: Mmm...that new avatar smell.

quest

Not Banned from OT
I really wish they let us choose who to send a gift, or at least put priority to people who are active for the last few days. I rarely found any gift, and when I do, it's for people who are playing Destiny and haven't touched D3 for more than a week.

Maybe I should filter my friend list.

I already purged 100 off mine down to 80. I will probably drop 40-50 more soon. If they would make the gifts more smart that would work. Should only be sent to those who have played in the last few days.

Imouto

Banned
Heh, I've thought of doing the same more than once. I do feel bad when I can't find gifts for people I know are active, though. I'm not sure if I've sent you a gift since you added me.

edit: Mmm...that new avatar smell.

The only thing you sent me is a Nemesis, lol. It couldn't appear at the worse time. Right when I'm fighting against 2 elite packs. I wish best luck for the next person who get to see that one.

Paganmoon

we should get an active player PSN list going, I don't think I have half of the active contributors to this thread on my friends list

Anyone interested in a 99% Mask of Jeram? I need a better weapon for my firebird wiz

You can add me as well, most of my GAF list have moved over to Destiny also. PSN name is same as GAF name.

Tunesmith

formerly "chigiri"
Hmm. I'd like to try this out on my shotgun crusader.

Anyone know if there are specific mobs more likely to drop a Leoric's Crown? I've run a bunch of rifts with no luck. :/
Well there is Skeleton King in Story Mode, if you haven't killed him with your character yet. That's a guaranteed legendary, which from him is a high chance of being a crown. But that's a unique situation.

Also, my PSN since we're all doing that thing: Tunesmith-
(With the "-" at the end)

junglist

anyone want to try T6 rifts on the PS4 ??

I don't remember my psn name off hand but you can PM yours

I normally go through rifts with my buddy thats a lvl 70 crusader... im a lvl 70 WD...

** also, wouldn't mind fighting off new nemesis..

Grimløck;134562910 said:
scraped by gr38 by a few seconds. pretty intense when you're fighting until the last second.

far out man. at GT17 i die a few times and have to run all the way from the start. 38 must be ridiculous.

Number45

I think I'll have to have a cull of my list. I've sent so many gifts over the last few days but haven't had any back. A few nemesis encounters though, all of which I've been victorious in! ^_^

I might put something together for current active players.

Also, can I upgrade a gem that I don't have socketed? I haven't bothered with the grifts yet because I don't have any sockets for my hoarder gem and assumed I wouldn't be able to upgrade it.

Also also, don't delete me if you see me playing Destiny! Playing mostly D3 at the moment, but I will probably fire Destiny up every now and again.

EDIT: What information do you think would be useful on a document? GAF name, PSN ID, region/timezone obviously. Character(s), torment levels... anything else?

turnbuckle

Goddamn Blacksalad you melt all on T5 and you gave me luck because that first rift gave me a Sunwuku piece and the piro plan and some other stuff, legendarios were dropping like candies for me :)

Edit:

If you see me playing you can join or invite me, is very fun playing coop.

haha, no kidding. I need to switch my build slightly for when we're playing with him . Maybe throw on some illusory boots. It was more a game of dodging and weaving through enemies with him melting everything in our path. Makes me feel like my crusader is reallllly inefficient now.

turnbuckle

haha yes, the firebird build is great fun and chaos. You brought me some luck as well, subwilde and I hit the goblin vault a bit after you left, I walked away with ~80million =D

Join up anytime, I'm always game

I didn't see your messages until it was too late last night :(
Look forward to running with ya again in the future man :)

Audioboxer

Which infernal machines do I need to create to make a hellfire amulet? I've noticed it only needs 3 items to create whereas I can open 4 kinds of machines.

Thanks

Helscream

Banned
Greetings Diablo-GAF. I figured I post some links from Diabloincgamers.com to help give you guys a perspective on how your chosen class will fair in Greater Rifts and how the difficulty scales in Greaters Rifts.

The first link details what the average performance of each class including the entire lifespan of Reaper of Souls on PC and the performance of seasonal only characters. The graph consist of top 1000 players of each class.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/top-1000-greater-rift-averages-6-october-2014

As you can see the Witch Doctor and Barbarian are tied for last place. The monk is alone in 4th place. The Crusader is in 3rd with the Wizard being is 2nd place above just barely. And obviously the Demon Hunter sets comfortably in 1st.

This second link details the approximate (probably not exact) scaling of enemy hitpoints and damage per greater level tier.

http://diablo.incgamers.com/blog/comments/greater-rift-difficulty-scaling-chart

Greater Rift Tier 25 is the equivalent of Torment VI difficulty. By the time you get to Tier 30/31 enemies will have double the damage and hitpoints of Torment VI. If you happen to reach Greater Rift Tier 38 enemies will be doing roughly five times the amount of damage they normally do in Torment VI.

Considering the current way Greater Rifts work enemy hitpoints and damage scales to such a extreme that even if you have the best possible gear you will end up getting wrecked. Which this brings me to my rant about playing mostly a Barbarian.

Playing melee in Greaters Rifts quickly turns in a serious pain in the ass once you get to Greater Rift Tier 35 and above. Enemies do so much damage that even with ignore pain and Call of the Ancients (together of one) I either have to simply avoid the elite pack. If I cannot then I end up dying to shit that I simply cannot avoid due to the nature of my class. Crap like electrified, fire chains and molten are a absolute brick wall when progressing through Greater Rifts. So I end up just having to corpse bomb certain elite packs to just to keep up with the time.

Ultimately the thing that pisses me off the most is the Raekor/Furious Charge build works and how there is is no other build the gives you the damage you need to progress in Greater Rifts. I find it absolutely infuriating how I can clean a Greater Rift Tier 38 in 9 minutes, but it takes me six minutes (Thats right SIX MINUTES) to kill a goddamn rift guardian. This shit has pist me off to the point to were I refuse to do Greater Rifts solo anymore.

If anyone on PS4-GAF is still playing Diablo and wants to team up for some Greater Rifts send me a friend request. I'll be glad to tag along.

PSN: Helscream

Helscream

Banned
Which infernal machines do I need to create to make a hellfire amulet? I've noticed it only needs 3 items to create whereas I can open 4 kinds of machines.

Thanks

http://www.diablowiki.net/Infernal_Machine

You need

Leoric's Regret (Realm of Discord) - Infernal Machine of Bones
Vial of Putridness (Realm of Chaos) - Infernal Machine of Gluttony
Heart of Evil (Realm of Fright) - Infernal Machine of Evil

To craft the Infernal Machine of Evil you need the Infernal Machine of War (Realm of Turmoil). Inside the Realm of Turmoil the Uber bosses will drop the Key of Evil which you need to craft the Infernal Machine of Evil.

turnbuckle

What difficulty is best for bounties now

Depends on what you're going for. If it's legendaries - the highest you can do. Contrary to what some have said, you absolutely get a higher chance of legendaries doing higher torment bounties. I had 5 horodric caches last night and I was 5/5 in getting legendaries.

ZenaxPure

Ultimately the thing that pisses me off the most is the Raekor/Furious Charge build works and how there is is no other build the gives you the damage you need to progress in Greater Rifts. I find it absolutely infuriating how I can clean a Greater Rift Tier 38 in 9 minutes, but it takes me six minutes (Thats right SIX MINUTES) to kill a goddamn rift guardian. This shit has pist me off to the point to were I refuse to do Greater Rifts solo anymore.

Yeahhhh, Barbarian is my favorite class, always has been, but, this is why I moved on to other characters after clearing GR 34 as leapquake in non-seasons and as Raekor in seasons on PC. The single target damage just isn't there for any of our builds and it makes Rift Guardians ungodly boring. That said, Raekor is certainly the worst offender, you basically stand there afk for 5+ minutes and wait on cooldowns. It honestly doesn't feel like a complete build to me.

Really bugs me we still don't have any legendaries that give us huge power boosts to our spenders. We have the belt that makes Rend into a whopping 440% per second attack and that's pretty much it. The seasonal mighty weapon doesn't really count because even if it was good (which I feel like would only take minor tweaks) all it does is turn HoTA into a summoning spell, the damage would still be shit.

E92 M3

Should I try this game if I've never played Diablo before? Can I get cool stuff without committing a lot of time to it each day?

Number45

Should I try this game if I've never played Diablo before? Can I get cool stuff without committing a lot of time to it each day?
As so much progression in the game is based off of random drops the amount of time you put into it doesn't necessarily translate to end game progress. There's plenty to do and no rush to do it. :)

If you know someone that has the game, I'd try and spend a little time with it to see if the gameplay gels with you (for both melee and ranged) but personally I haven't come across many people that don't simply enjoy the game itself.

JCizzle

Yes and yes! Just don't expect to step into T6 right away after hitting max level. Bump it a little at a time as you upgrade yourself.

Raptor

haha, no kidding. I need to switch my build slightly for when we're playing with him . Maybe throw on some illusory boots. It was more a game of dodging and weaving through enemies with him melting everything in our path. Makes me feel like my crusader is reallllly inefficient now.

Dude I kid you not but you sent me as a gift a Fate of the Fell.

I was like O_O

Pons

Neo Member
Got a second set of str/vit Lut Socks, looking to trade for a Wrath of the Bone King 2.1 version with str, 25-30 pct cold dmg, socket preferable but not necessary as long as I can fix it via enchantress.

If anyone is interested, PSN is PonsArak , add me and we will coordinate a time, just put a note in the friend request.

Thanks.

E92 M3

As so much progression in the game is based off of random drops the amount of time you put into it doesn't necessarily translate to end game progress. There's plenty to do and no rush to do it. :)

If you know someone that has the game, I'd try and spend a little time with it to see if the gameplay gels with you (for both melee and ranged) but personally I haven't come across many people that don't simply enjoy the game itself.

Yes and yes! Just don't expect to step into T6 right away after hitting max level. Bump it a little at a time as you upgrade yourself.

Thanks guys :) Does Blizzard update all versions frequently? Honestly Diablo seems so overwhelming from the videos and screens that I saw, but I am sure that's just to an untrained eye, right?

Imouto

Banned
Thanks guys :) Does Blizzard update all versions frequently? Honestly Diablo seems so overwhelming from the videos and screens that I saw, but I am sure that's just to an untrained eye, right?

The latest big patch just dropped recently, so we don't know how long between each patchs, but I think we won't have to wait long.

And yeah, once you played a while, you can make out everything you see pretty easily. Thing only get frantic once you have 3 or more players on screen. I also suggest to find someone to play with you on couch co-op since it's much more fun than playing alone.

Number45

No, it's overwhelming to trained and untrained alike! D:

If you want the absolute latest patch and quickest updates PC is where you need to be. PS4/XB1 are getting patched but a fair way behind the PC (and without all of the functionality). PS3/360 have basically been released as is and won't get any patches (aside from game breaking bugs I would imagine).

So if the you want the latest at all times and don't mind playing on KBM, PC is probably the way to go. Current gen console versions are fantastic though.

Maulik

Destiny has really gotten me back into loot games and i want to get this for PS4 but am waiting for a deal of some sort as I already have vanilla D3 on PC. Anyone on here know of any?

turnbuckle

Dude I kid you not but you sent me as a gift a Fate of the Fell.

I was like O_O

I think Black Salad dropped that in the game we were playing right as I joined. I wasn't sure if it was meant for you or I and since I already have a FoTF waiting in my stash for a Ramaladni gift to drop I felt like I should give that one to you :)

The Fate of the Fell I have has I believe has 10% cooldown reduction and I think either increased wrath regeneration or increased maximum wrath. It doesn't have huge damage on it but pretty decent. If I can get a socket on it I think I'll be able to use it for the holy shotgun build. I still haven't enchanted it so not sure what to enchant on it yet. If I'm correct about the affixes for wrath regeneration and cooldown reduction I might end up rolling off strength from it....but I'll need guidance from someone who knows the build better than I do.

I just know I'll want CD reduction and any way I can to generate wrath. I think I know that, anyways. lol

Raptor

I think Black Salad dropped that in the game we were playing right as I joined. I wasn't sure if it was meant for you or I and since I already have a FoTF waiting in my stash for a Ramaladni gift to drop I felt like I should give that one to you :)

The Fate of the Fell I have has I believe has 10% cooldown reduction and I think either increased wrath regeneration or increased maximum wrath. It doesn't have huge damage on it but pretty decent. If I can get a socket on it I think I'll be able to use it for the holy shotgun build. I still haven't enchanted it so not sure what to enchant on it yet. If I'm correct about the affixes for wrath regeneration and cooldown reduction I might end up rolling off strength from it....but I'll need guidance from someone who knows the build better than I do.

I just know I'll want CD reduction and any way I can to generate wrath. I think I know that, anyways. lol

Oh, nice, I saved it aswell for when I return to my crusader, that shotgun build is more likely now.

I have now 2 Monkey Kings pieces, need another 3 to complete the set for the Lightning Monk lols.

turnbuckle

Oh, nice, I saved it aswell for when I return to my crusader, that shotgun build is more likely now.

I have now 2 Monkey Kings pieces, need another 3 to complete the set for the Lightning Monk lols.

I really wish they'd expand the stash. I have a few different builds I want to try and have lots of stuff clogging my inventory...and this is with me just using one character lol.

I got the bracers that increase thorns damage by a ton from a horodric cache last night. Part of me still wants to puts around with some weird thorns build just to see what happens. I doubt it'll be anything good, but it's fun to experiment with.

I'd kill for a socketed stone of jordan that has increased holy damage. I have one with increased lightning damage and 29% damage to elites...but I'm saving that for if I go with some kind of lightning build. I should steal whatever idea Krayzie has since he just electrocutes everything in his path. Or at least I think it was Krayzie that does that.

So many options.

This game is a thousand times better now than it was pre-RoS. And I put well over a thousand hours into that one lol. Just so many more things to experiment with and an overall more rewarding experience.

Horseticuffs

Full werewolf off the buckle
Just saying guys, I'm playing Destiny and this too so don't delete me. Wouldn't say no to any decent Witch Doctor stuff ;-) Level 45 psn- splitdog79

turnbuckle

Yeah, I really need to cull my friends list as well. I can't remember the last time I sent a gift from getting a legendary drop that was to a person I've ever played with or seen playing.

I tend to see about 10 different people on my friends list actually playing the game yet I probably have 40-50+ friends from gaf on the list for this game. Most of the ones playing this regularly tend to be somewhat active in this thread and many of them have been really helpful to me while I've been getting back into the game. I'd greatly prefer gifts go to them.

Raptor

Yes, thing is I added lots of people when Destiny Alpha and I did not ended up getting the game lol, need to let go a lot of people not becauseI dont want to haev them but because gifts better go to some of you that are playing.

Yeah, I really need to cull my friends list as well. I can't remember the last time I sent a gift from getting a legendary drop that was to a person I've ever played with or seen playing.

I tend to see about 10 different people on my friends list actually playing the game yet I probably have 40-50+ friends from gaf on the list for this game. Most of the ones playing this regularly tend to be somewhat active in this thread and many of them have been really helpful to me while I've been getting back into the game. I'd greatly prefer gifts go to them.
Cull them! Like chaff before the wind!

I didn't see your messages until it was too late last night :(
Look forward to running with ya again in the future man :)

For sure, it is a shame that the guy with modded equipment made it into our game, I am not sure if he was a gaffer but he's no longer on the friends list.. we made a new game shortly after and two more illegitimate characters showed up (one with ~700 million DPS O_O)

Just FYI for those unfamiliar with the way the firebird works--Basically it comes down to spamming and running. Once the infinite burn kicks in (procs once you hit 9000% damage on enemy) you run to the next pack and repeat. This leads to extremely fast melting of faces and a nice fireworks show! Its great fun and a very different style, plus the pieces are not too difficult to obtain. So I apologize in advance for aggravating a group of enemies and "running" away ;D

I highly recommend anyone remotely interested in a wizard to give it a shot! I'll even supply you with some of the set items if needed. I also have a plethora of magefists and a 3 socket cindercoat that has not been enchanted if anyone needs it to start their build. I'd like to see how 2 firebirds fair in rifts since the infinite burn proc will stack.

I made it through GR31 last night with 19 seconds to spare, sadly my gem upgrade attempts failed somehow, RNG gods hated me. It is amazing how fast GR scale in difficulty--because of this I am starting to get lazy when it comes to T6 bounties/rifts when being followed by my cheesy unity companion

joeblow

I've had an unenchanted Fate of Fell for three weeks or so and am now looking to add Cool Down Reduction. Any suggestions? The stats are all pretty big to simply drop one of them. Maybe Strength?

D3RoSHFFoF.jpg

Audioboxer

I've had an unenchanted Fate of Fell for three weeks or so and am now looking to add Cool Down Reduction. Any suggestions? The stats are all pretty big to simply drop one of them. Maybe Strength?

D3RoSHFFoF.jpg

Drop vitality, not strength.

IMO you should always focus your weapon on maximum DPS output.

Btw uber Diablo is no pushover! Finally have the ingredients to create a hellfire amulet. Needs a perfect roll though to beat what I have :/

You should set your games to friend only.

I have a firebird wizard, but usually too much going on onscreen for me to notice the effect.

I only play in private games, but sadly one of my friends apparently went to the dark side. Second go around it was the same situation, only someone on subwilde's list.

You can hear when the proc has taken effect as it makes a ding sound. Although, its hard to hear when you're dealing with swarms of enemies. I can only hear it consistently while wearing my headset and with the sound adjusted accordingly

Raptor

For sure, it is a shame that the guy with modded equipment made it into our game, I am not sure if he was a gaffer but he's no longer on the friends list.. we made a new game shortly after and two more illegitimate characters showed up (one with ~700 million DPS O_O)

Just FYI for those unfamiliar with the way the firebird works--Basically it comes down to spamming and running. Once the infinite burn kicks in (procs once you hit 9000% damage on enemy) you run to the next pack and repeat. This leads to extremely fast melting of faces and a nice fireworks show! Its great fun and a very different style, plus the pieces are not too difficult to obtain. So I apologize in advance for aggravating a group of enemies and "running" away ;D

I highly recommend anyone remotely interested in a wizard to give it a shot! I'll even supply you with some of the set items if needed. I also have a plethora of magefists and a 3 socket cindercoat that has not been enchanted if anyone needs it to start their build. I'd like to see how 2 firebirds fair in rifts since the infinite burn proc will stack.

I made it through GR31 last night with 19 seconds to spare, sadly my gem upgrade attempts failed somehow, RNG gods hated me. It is amazing how fast GR scale in difficulty--because of this I am starting to get lazy when it comes to T6 bounties/rifts when being followed by my cheesy unity companion

I want it lol, since Wizard is one of the characters I have not started yet.

Anyway I was wondering why you droped fire on everything then I saw teh map and you were gone lols, I was like where he needs to go with such a hurry ahahha, realized you were melting all the map at once.

Sounds fun.

I want it lol, since Wizard is one of the characters I have not started yet.

Anyway I was wondering why you droped fire on everything then I saw teh map and you were gone lols, I was like where he needs to go with such a hurry ahahha, realized you were melting all the map at once.

Sounds fun.

You should! I'm due to try another class as well here shortly, I have yet to try a barb or crusader

When the goblin vault opened I was on the phone with my wife at the time. I said "holy shit I have to go! I'll call you back soon!" and hung up abruptly before she had time to inquire (first time I've seen the vault, I was a bit excited!) After the deed was done I called back and she thought there was an emergency or something, she actually laughed when I told her it was diablo related. She also was not surprised in the least

Top Bottom