• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

So I made a new character on seasons and Mad Monarch's Scepter is making things way easier. I got one at level 20 and the proc is so strong it basically kills enemies in one hit. It's awesome.

I think leveling and gearing up before the crazy itemization of greater rifts and t6 is the most fun part of the game. You can pretty much use any item and you are rewarded for experimenting. Where as level 70 and end game is... use the best items in the game or you are SOL.

that would be awesome if you are wearing a ring with the bane of toxins or whatever. Some serious poison and AOE damage all round.,

ZenaxPure

But consoles totally don't have seasons :/ And therefore some builds don't even exist. Sucks.

More like one build doesn't exist. The other class specific legendary items aren't really build defining or useful for anything. The Krelm set is pretty awesome, but, they're both more support items to fill in gaps if you need them in your gear set.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Even if seasonal items didn't exist, there'd still be a handful crying for it on console just because it exists on the PC version of the game.

As far as I'm concerned, if you want to replicate the experience on console, just play on Hardcore, let the character die at 70, and pretend that you just didn't have the dice roll to get the non existent seasonal items as you played.

I believe that there's an even ratio of people who cry for seasons on consoles as there are to people who would refuse to buy the game if it didn't have an offline mode. Barring some kind of drastic reversal by Actiblizz, we can't have both, and it seems we will need to explicitly state this over and over again until the end of time.

drotahorror

More like one build doesn't exist. The other class specific legendary items aren't really build defining or useful for anything. The Krelm set is pretty awesome, but, they're both more support items to fill in gaps if you need them in your gear set.

Condemn build for Crusaders.

drotahorror

Even if seasonal items didn't exist, there'd still be a handful crying for it on console just because it exists on the PC version of the game.

As far as I'm concerned, if you want to replicate the experience on console, just play on Hardcore, let the character die at 70, and pretend that you just didn't have the dice roll to get the non existent seasonal items as you played.

I believe that there's an even ratio of people who cry for seasons on consoles as there are to people who would refuse to buy the game if it didn't have an offline mode. Barring some kind of drastic reversal by Actiblizz, we can't have both, and it seems we will need to explicitly state this over and over again until the end of time.

There's hardly any mention of seasons here. Only been brought up slightly in the past 2 pages. And there's no 'crying' as you put it. I have the game on PC as well.

ZenaxPure

Double dip and get the best of both worlds, game is good enough to warrant it. I actually do wish I had the console version of RoS for when people in my house decide they want to browse facebook (shit-tier broadband so all the giant cat pictures cause some serious lag) but no next-gen console yet and I reallllyyy don't want to get it on PS3.

Condemn build for Crusaders.

Yes.....? I said more like 1 build. That is the build I am talking about. The other class items are either worthless (witch doctor/demon hunter items) or interesting but not powerful enough to be useful (barbarian/monk items). The wizard wand has a niche use for speed running bounties which is ok, but, it's not good for rifts really. And actually way in the past of the thread there have been people complaining/wishing the console version has seasons, just hasn't been a topic lately.

Paganmoon

What's a good place to check for "stat priorities on what slot" I should be looking for? Google has not been much help, just giving me standard stat priority results.

Number45

No crying here. With that said - from my limited experience with D2 didn't you have a choice of an always online ladders based character, and offline available as well? I'm no developer, but I don't understand why it isn't possible to do something like this on console as well. :/

Double dip and get the best of both worlds, game is good enough to warrant it.
I will probably do this. I'd been waiting to get a new iMac, but as I probably won't be picking one up now until later next year (assuming some kind of upgrade on the non-27" version) I'll have to decide if I want to do it on my MBA.

ZenaxPure

No crying here. With that said - from my limited experience with D2 didn't you have a choice of an always online ladders based character, and offline available as well? I'm no developer, but I don't understand why it isn't possible to do something like this on console as well. :/

I'm no developer either but I've always wondered if they considered it worth it. How many people would actually play the online only mode? They've basically always marketed the console version as a local couch coop kind of game, and it seems a lot of people play it that way. Basically I wonder if they don't think there would be enough interest for online only since they would have to set up their own servers and such, just like the PC version.

turnbuckle

Was playing with Blacksalad and Raptor last night and all of a sudden our cat decides to step on the switch on our power strip turning it off in the middle of a grift trial! :mad:

I got a pretty nice Leoric's Crown over the weekend (97% gem affix)...but even better than that - I got a Ramaladni Gift from a very special Gaffer <3. I've played maybe 30 hours since the patch without having one drop, so THANK YOU THANK YOU man.

I put that on my Fate of the Fell and then started re-rolling its damage. I got it up to 3400ish DPS with 3.97 wrath regen, +15 max wrath, and 1000ish strength, 10% CD reduction and now a socket.

I now need to figure out how to do the shotgun build and see if I can make it work. Throwing shields has been great for me in solo, but in groups or on single target bosses the damage just isn't good enough.

I got a pretty good wreaper's wraps with holy damage on it yesterday. Took about 20 tries but they should work.

Hopefully by the end of the upcoming weekend I'll be pulling more of my own weight when running with you guys :)

Thanks SillySil, Krayzie, Raptor, BlackSalad, and other gaffers for helping out :)

I'm no developer either but I've always wondered if they considered it worth it. How many people would actually play the online only mode? They've basically always marketed the console version as a local couch coop kind of game, and it seems a lot of people play it that way. Basically I wonder if they don't think there would be enough interest for online only since they would have to set up their own servers and such, just like the PC version.

It has some to do with the Battle.Net integration as well. They would have to do an integration similar to the one Valve did with Steam on Portal 2 PS3.

Laconic

Banned

Seasons being incorporated into D3 is the epitome of stupid.

People who wheedled for them had zero understanding of the WHY of seasons, in D2.

That said, as far as I am concerned, seasonal ITEMS should be viewed as version update items, and straight up incorporated into the console pools.

Uses flawless imperial gem and forgotten soul to roll vitalty for a socket.

Gets 3 rolls of vitality.

Its been 3 weeks of wasted cash, forgotten souls and gems to get the same rolls over and over. Not one socket. They really need to fix this. At least remove the same fucking rolls every damn time.

And with kadala, well you might as well convert your blood shards into cash. That's all they end up being anyway.

Cash for gems to get more rolls of non sockets...

Laconic

Banned

Its been 3 weeks of wasted cash, forgotten souls and gems to get the same rolls over and over. Not one socket. They really need to fix this. At least remove the same fucking rolls every damn time.

And with kadala, well you might as well convert your blood shards into cash. That's all they end up being anyway.

What class are you using?

I rolled Sader to get my gearing needs up to snuff, then branched out.

Higher T levels really help that cash flow.

turnbuckle

That's the fun of gambling. But yeah it's a pain. Get that boon of the hoarder gem and do bounties.

What class are you using?

I rolled Sader to get my gearing needs up to snuff, then branched out.

Higher T levels really help that cash flow.
Crusader.

I'm on t4 now. Just did bounties in t5 but it took ages so clearly I'm not ready.

The problem is I need these sockets for my ring and amulet to go to t5. That and one more Rolands piece for the set.

The problem is..literally all my money is going to makin flawless imperial topazes which then get rolled for the same thing over and over.

I played 3 hours tonight. I didn't advance one of my stats forward an inch. Not one. All I got was legendaries which get turned into forgotten souls and cash to gems.. All for nothing.

That's the fun of gambling. But yeah it's a pain. Get that boon of the hoarder gem and do bounties.
You don't seem to understand me.

I don't have sockets. I have the gem..no sockets. There is no point having this gem without the requisite socket in my amulets or rings.

I don't mind the odds..its the sheer cost and the same rolls coming up over and over. It costs 900k gold to get one of the gems needed. That plus a forgotten soul..I can do maybe 2 rolls per bounty set. All of them give me the same thing.non stop.

Raptor

Dude, i think i might have a couple of each, booting up now for ya

Ya i have 2 of each, no sockets tho, which would rather head or amulet?
Thanks for the amulet man!!

Was playing with Blacksalad and Raptor last night and all of a sudden our cat decides to step on the switch on our power strip turning it off in the middle of a grift trial! :mad:

I got a pretty nice Leoric's Crown over the weekend (97% gem affix)...but even better than that - I got a Ramaladni Gift from a very special Gaffer <3. I've played maybe 30 hours since the patch without having one drop, so THANK YOU THANK YOU man.

I put that on my Fate of the Fell and then started re-rolling its damage. I got it up to 3400ish DPS with 3.97 wrath regen, +15 max wrath, and 1000ish strength, 10% CD reduction and now a socket.

I now need to figure out how to do the shotgun build and see if I can make it work. Throwing shields has been great for me in solo, but in groups or on single target bosses the damage just isn't good enough.

I got a pretty good wreaper's wraps with holy damage on it yesterday. Took about 20 tries but they should work.

Hopefully by the end of the upcoming weekend I'll be pulling more of my own weight when running with you guys :)

Thanks SillySil, Krayzie, Raptor, BlackSalad, and other gaffers for helping out :)

I was suddenly out of the damn map lol, was hilarious.

Can you guys believe that last night just before turn it off I gambled like 250 shards with kadala and got a damn Sunwuku Helmet? I was like "FUCK YES BABY" but the incredible thing is not that but this morning I did a single rift in T5 by the way sorry crazye but I had to run man couldnt join, anyway guess what it dropped?

A fucking Sunwuku Helmet!!

I was liek god damn this game is random as hell lol, after many hours suddendly I got not one but 2 Helmets so if anyone wants a Sunwuku Helmet let me know and I can send it to you :)

By the way, does someone has by any chance some Ice Climbers on the stash that could sen it over?

lol.

Laconic

Banned
Thanks for the amulet man!!

I was suddenly out of the damn map lol, was hilarious.

Can you guys believe that last night just before turn it off I gambled like 250 shards with kadala and got a damn Sunwuku Helmet? I was like "FUCK YES B

You know what happened for me, last night?

I got a second Sunwuko helmet that I was going to give to you. :p

This damn game... lol.

Smidget

What's the best way to determine when you should be upping the difficulty level? Finally at end game and playing bounties/rifts at this point :)

Raptor

Anyone wanna add me on PSN? Looking for people to play with.

PSN: Bloodbathnbyond

Will add you tonight man :)

Or if you can add me since I have no Phone App PSN: xRaptor_1

What's the best way to determine when you should be upping the difficulty level? Finally at end game and playing bounties/rifts at this point :)

When you are melting away even bosses in seconds thast when you should up one diff setting and work from there.

joeblow

I know people will scoff and claim that stat rolls are 100% random, but that's nonsense (at least on the PS4 version that I've played). Vitlity is by far the most common result of the two stats that pop up. BY FAR. I've had episodes where it popped up in eight of ten rolls!

Maybe it only happens to certain gear, I dunno. But it is absolutely not purely random either.

Laconic

Banned
If you scroll to where it shows your 97% Fire Damage Increase in your Details, the description will show your adjusted Fire Damage. That's your "sheet damage" for fire attacks. Should show like 935,750 if your Damage is exactly 475,000.

My damage is 400k, flat, now, lol.

Fire damage: 701,078

GRifts level 35 - easy.

Gotta love modifiers - the truly fucked up part is I have a mere 6,697 defense. ;)

ZenaxPure

I know people will scoff and claim that stat rolls are 100% random, but that's nonsense (at least on the PS4 version that I've played). Vitlity is by far the most common result of the two stats that pop up. BY FAR. I've had episodes where it popped up in eight of ten rolls!

Maybe it only happens to certain gear, I dunno. But it is absolutely not purely random either.

Nah you are right to be paranoid, it was pretty much discovered a few months ago that rerolls are weighted so some stats appear more than others. Your main stat and vit are like 100% the most common (unless you are rolling the damage value off a weapon, it takes priority over everything).

I don't think blizz ever outright confirmed it, but, they may as well since there was a recent hotfix on PC that made sockets appear more often on rings/ammys when trying to reroll.

Raptor

My damage is 400k, flat, now, lol.

Fire damage: 701,078

GRifts level 35 - easy.

Gotta love modifiers - the truly fucked up part is I have a mere 6,697 defense. ;)

You mean the DPS that shows on the charavter screen?

I think that is not entirely accurate because I did some changes and went down like 100k but I deal more damage.

thundr51

Just got to level 70 yesterday with my crusader, what should I be doing now? Between the builds that I see in various wiki's I'm completely lost. Help?

Zabka

Enchants often seem weighted towards the same stat with different numbers.I think I rerolled 25+ times on my Maximus before it gave me a +6% damage modifier. Rerolled it one more time and got +10%.

Raptor

Just got to level 70 yesterday with my crusader, what should I be doing now? Between the builds that I see in various wiki's I'm completely lost. Help?

I think the most important thing right now is for you to decide what type of build to make, after that you have to assest where you are as of now to that goal and start grinding for the items required for that build to work.

All taking into account were you are as of now in terms of damage dealing and resistance to determine where you will start this, T1, T2 etc.

All this on Adventure mode of course doing bounties to get Rift keys, then doing rifts to get Greater rifts trial keys, and then greater rifts and so on and on and on.

Oh, you will start getting paragon points, use them.

Adventure mode. The sets or legendaries you get will determine your build.

I had blessed shield build, now shield bash build. Its all about what you have.

Eg piro marella shield gives 50% reduction to shield bash and the Roland's set gives 100% damage to shield bash....so that's what o base my build on.

If you get unrelenting phalanx then you go stampede build.

Akkhans + fate of fell is holy shotgun.

Blessed shield is the piece which grants 4 to 6 more shields per cast plus the weapon which removes the wrath cost.

subwilde

Had a good time this weekend with a rotating set of regular gaffers!

Had 3 extra R's Gift drop so if you were one of the lucky few to get one from me, enjoy ;)

Is there a rule for item begging? I'm just tired of leorics signet, restraint, and all the other useless rings for me. Where's my legit SoJ?!?!?!?

thundr51

I think the most important thing right now is for you to decide what type of build to make, after that you have to assest where you are as of now to that goal and start grinding for the items required for that build to work.

All taking into account were you are as of now in terms of damage dealing and resistance to determine where you will start this, T1, T2 etc.

All this on Adventure mode of course doing bounties to get Rift keys, then doing rifts to get Greater rifts trial keys, and then greater rifts and so on and on and on.

Oh, you will start getting paragon points, use them.

Ok, so I guess it's time to crank up the difficulty. I do have some rift keys so I guess I'll start using those. And I'm paragon lvl7. Currently been using justice and other stuff to buff that but I guess it's time to hit the torture levels.

Raptor

Had a good time this weekend with a rotating set of regular gaffers!

Had 3 extra R's Gift drop so if you were one of the lucky few to get one from me, enjoy ;)

Is there a rule for item begging? I'm just tired of leorics signet, restraint, and all the other useless rings for me. Where's my legit SoJ?!?!?!?

I think I played with you and blacksalad, I signed off because it was really late here, like 5am lol.

Matchew

Guys I need some help. I'm a level 70 wizard (16 paragon) now doing adventure mode, what gear should I be hoping for to drop? Is there a site with the best gear to have as a wizard? Thanks

Also if anybody on Xbox One want to add me for gifts and to play a little live name is: bevo0845

Raptor

Hey Sil what transmog you use with you monk?

God damn its beautiful but I cant find it, is like some pants and doesnt have the little fabric in front, looks like a DH.

LowerLevel

Guys I need some help. I'm a level 70 wizard (16 paragon) now doing adventure mode, what gear should I be hoping for to drop? Is there a site with the best gear to have as a wizard? Thanks

Also if anybody on Xbox One want to add me for gifts and to play a little live name is: bevo0845

added/request sent

Number45

Thanks for the words of comfort earlier krazie.
:'(

About time I started trying to gear up a third character!

Also, note to self: don't bother trying to play your HC character when your daughter is pestering you for stuff! RIP in peace. :'(

EDIT: I did get the templar invincibility legendary gem earlier, so there's that.

Kadin

So I just need 1 last drop for my firebird set, the pants or the source. I've gotten countless greens from Kadala but not these two. Does she not hand these ones out at all? I got other parts of the set from her but I'm starting to think the only way to get them is from drops.

Raptor

Haha yeah no worries! You'll have to show me sometime, the proper way to use a monk since tunesmith gave me a flying dragon.

Alright, still gearing up with some stuff I need to roll better and to put diamonds instead of emeralds on my chestpiece lol, but basically with the Sunwuku set is spamming mantras and sweping wind to make clones to appear, pure carnage lol.

turnbuckle

Haha yep it was us! Too bad you couldn't use the mic but I understand why haha. Good thing there's no wife to patronize me ;)

Soon man!

Raptor and I are the local mutes around here lol. Sometimes someone will say something like "roll once for yes / twice for no" or roll backwards for no or so on. Very basic communication :p

The PS app is nice but I still find it to be really slow on my phone. Almost would rather use hangouts than psn messaging :p

I can second this. Just use a junky ring with a socket and get boon of the hoarders until you can get a socket on your primary. Soon as I got that gem ive got more cash then I can spend. Went through my friends list and sent 5 mil to each person on it just to get rid of some haha

Top Bottom