• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

Donos

Personally had most fun leveling with the crusader, barbarian a close second though. Crusader can wield swords, and can even wield a two-handed sword with one hand.

Thanks, started a Crusader. This game and Dragons Dogma BBI will keep me occupied for a long while.

oneils

needed a break from gta v, so I started this up again (last night). Got my crusader to paragon 45 and found some legendary pieces. I was playing in master with about 450k damage. Then I decided to enchant my gear. I was able to make a wreaper's wrap and add crit chance or skill bonuses to my gear.

After spending about 1 mil in gold, and a bunch of materials, I Got up to 610k damage and added some all res. Now I am easily rifting in T1.

Not bad for one night. Gotta keep going and finish a set piece and get me some decent jewelery!

Krayzie

@oneils
Let me know if you want any sader gear. I've got spare akkannn/roland gear and a few weapons as well to give away (FoTF, baleful remnant, hearte slaughter etc)

h3ro

@oneils
Let me know if you want any sader gear. I've got spare akkannn/roland gear and a few weapons as well to give away (FoTF, baleful remnant, hearte slaughter etc)

Hey Krayzie, I've been trying to transition my crusader over from shotgun to stampede build and have yet to get a furnace to drop. Any chance you'd part with that heart slaughter? Let me know if there is anything you're looking for.

Krayzie

Hey Krayzie, I've been trying to transition my crusader over from shotgun to stampede build and have yet to get a furnace to drop. Any chance you'd part with that heart slaughter? Let me know if there is anything you're looking for.

Sure man. Will send it over within the hour.
I think i have a spare unrelenting phalanx shield as well if ya need it.

Edit: Only thing I really need now is a better leoric's crown btw. I've got crit chance on mine and 95% boost to equipped gem. Need at least 98%.
Found one with 100% be4 but it had dex on it.

h3ro

Sure man. Will send it over within the hour.
I think i have a spare unrelenting phalanx shield as well if ya need it.

Edit: Only thing I really need now is a better leoric's crown btw. I've got crit chance on mine and 95% boost to equipped gem. Need at least 98%.
Found one with 100% be4 but it had dex on it.

Yeah the shield would be awesome!

Raxus

I had a gaffer gift me some really cool gear. Shame I can't go back and check who was so generous.

I just killed leoric. I am dreading the second act.

If you want to add me my PSN is College_boy.

Raptor

I had a gaffer gift me some really cool gear. Shame I can't go back and check who was so generous.

I just killed leoric. I am dreading the second act.

If you want to add me my PSN is College_boy.

Im not at home but if you can add me would be awesome.

PSN: xRaptor_1

:)

Krayzie

Yo Mmarsu!!
I deleted everyone from dgaf (including u ) after i realized there is no way i'm buying destiny.

Anyway I sent ya another req :)
Not sure if you've got to beat story mode first but if you ever need help power levelling, just let me know.

Krayzie

DAMN YOU H3RO!!!!
I dont think i can get that even with a 100% leoric's crown :(

Only way now is if I to replace the 10% dmg on my weapon to CDR.
And no way in hell am I doing that.
Guess i'm gonna have to live with having akarat up 98% of the time.

Anyway hope to play withcha again h3ro. Get that defence up yea :)
Oh and try hunting for a SoJ. Then you can make do without the bane of the powerful

turnbuckle

Had a short window where I got to play for a few during the weekend. Very rusty but was nice seeing and playing with dog$ for a bit. Made the mistake of spamming "x" to pick up loot after finishing a greater rift with him and accidentally chose to upgrade my rift stone instead of my gems. Done that way too many times now....have a few stones I'll never be able to use solo as a result lol :(

Krayzie

I can help you with those high GR rank keys that you cant solo.
I always have a bunch of rank keys in my stash.

So just send me an invite or something if ya ever need helpy yea

dog$

Hates quality gaming
What a marathon yesterday was.

Krayzie thinks I'm not human now.
Raptor's daughter is an adorable motormouth. Maybe I should see Frozen some time so that we can have something common to discuss.
Nice to meet Fivesix and his GF.
Dirtgnap's Inna belt donation helped raise my main goon Monk to 60M sheet defense, up from 33M a week ago.
Good to see monkeyhero back, but yeah I gotta see if I can help get you some new Akkans pieces to get your defense improved.
Turnbuckle you were only on for just a brief moment! I was hoping that you didn't get too pissed with the GR run we did. Regardless, glad you were on at the right time to join up with us.

I think that's everyone.

Anyone else reading this need gold on PS4? I have much more than I'll ever need.

Raptor

ahhahah Krazie is crazy man ahahahha.

I have like 110 million but Im not using money now just for unsock/sock gems.

Thanks Sil.

Krayzie

I once thought I would never run out of gold.
Mayyyyyn was i wrong. Spent almost 700M yesterday just on rerolling.
Now.........I"M BROKE BIAATCHHH!!

On another note, I can now easily do GR37 without a unity ring thanks to Dirtgnaps' advice on tweaking my gear. 38 is doable as well.
Unfortunately i ALWAYS get absolute shit levels on 39. (Random dungeons my ass)
Game's got something against me.

Edit: GR39 beaten with 40 secs to spare. Had to play like a crackhead.

Donos

Can't remember the tearing or occasional hiccups on vanilla DIII when i played it last year. Hope my PS3 is not dying.
Crusader is fun so far. Love the shield bash skill. Flying hammers are a bit disappointing. Maybe they are better with better runes.

Just started ACTII and already had 5 good legendary drops. One was the same swordfishlike sword i had before but with better stats.
Really like the animations of the dying enemies.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
I would like to get some coop action with fellow gaffers on d3 ps4, psn is error2k7

I have a lv 33 DH and a lv 35 WD.

itxaka

Defeatist
So guys a few questions.

Take into account that Im a casual Diablo Gamer, I dont play on groups or anything just solo, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 5 hours but without any other meaning for the game that to have fun. I dont like the numbers theory behind it, Im just too lazy to do the numbers myself.

But Im kind of stuck. I run Torment 1 with no problems, maybe one death around but pretty easy otherwise, but Im sick of doing the Tyrael missions in adventure and running rifts. I dont get almost no good gear, or at least nothing that changes my actual gear for something better, nor do I get greater rifts or anything like that.

Am I playing wrong? Should I e doing something different? Do I need to up the difficulty to T2? Should I be doing adventure runs or rifts? Does greater rift keys fall on rifts or they are just dropped on adventure?

Thanks!
EDIT: my build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Itxaka-2623/hero/416833 monk (is fun!!), the crusader is my secondary/seasons character (Also pretty fun too, the hammers are awesome for area damage)

turnbuckle

Turnbuckle you were only on for just a brief moment! I was hoping that you didn't get too pissed with the GR run we did. Regardless, glad you were on at the right time to join up with us.

Oh no way man! Was glad to be running with you for a few. Been swamped lately with work deadlines, holiday prep, girlfriend stuff (a lot of time towards her now that she's pregnant :-D ) and trying to get myself back in a better mental and physical health routine. Haven't had time or motivation to play since I generally like to go at it for a few hours at a time at least. Also, my internet where I usually play (girlfriend's apartment) isn't so good, whereas I'm on a 100mb wired connection at home. Lots of things working against me to be a regular contributor with you guys, but I love playing with you whenever I get the chance.

I don't think I've ever been pissed at you or any other gaffer in this game, at least nobody that I've kept on my friends list :)

itxaka

Defeatist
So guys a few questions.

Take into account that Im a casual Diablo Gamer, I dont play on groups or anything just solo, sometimes 10 minutes, sometimes 5 hours but without any other meaning for the game that to have fun. I dont like the numbers theory behind it, Im just too lazy to do the numbers myself.

But Im kind of stuck. I run Torment 1 with no problems, maybe one death around but pretty easy otherwise, but Im sick of doing the Tyrael missions in adventure and running rifts. I dont get almost no good gear, or at least nothing that changes my actual gear for something better, nor do I get greater rifts or anything like that.

Am I playing wrong? Should I e doing something different? Do I need to up the difficulty to T2? Should I be doing adventure runs or rifts? Does greater rift keys fall on rifts or they are just dropped on adventure?

Thanks!
EDIT: my build: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Itxaka-2623/hero/416833 monk (is fun!!), the crusader is my secondary/seasons character (Also pretty fun too, the hammers are awesome for area damage)

Oh shit, this is the console thread. Sorry guys, I meant to post it on the PC one.

Thanks anyway!

All right I have been playing this game for several hours now and I have an almost complete "pet" build for my crusader".

I have 5 pieces of the Akkhan set, Unrelenting Phalanx, RIng of Royal Grandeur, Baleful Remnant.

I just need the damn Eternal Union ring. I have have spent thousands on the shard lady (forgot her name), several greater rifts (at most lvl 25 in Torment IV)

Anyone here has one spare and can trade?

Also, Id love to have some of you guys add me to play with me. Playing with randoms is annoying most of the time.

My PSN ID: marciosmg

Even if you dont have the ring to tradem add me! :)

RaptureWS

Neo Member
Finally approved to GAF!!
Anyways.....just bought D3 for the X1 since it was on sale Friday. I never got around to the x-pac on PC so this is a good time to try it out.

I just hit 70 and would like to start doing endgame content soon. I will likely level more characters though so I would be happy to friend anyone that is playing D3 on Xbox One right now lol. Swerve City MX is my gamertag. Please feel free to add me!

I need to gear up a bit more too before I start T1 so if anyone is willing to or still needs to do Expert/Master difficulties in particular I would appreciate it. I generally play around 530-6pm CST until roughly 10pm-12am. Just depends on how tired I am.

Donos

Hit level 25 with my Crusader yesterday and rare items with 1-2 sockets start to drop more frequently. Still get enough legendary drops and good rare drops to just sell the sockets items.

Is it feasible to fill them with gems at my lvl? Don't see much use because i probably just find a better non-socket item 1 hour later.

Can i change gear between characters? I ask because i maybe going to find good gear for mage or hunter which i'm going to play later and want to save it instead of selling it.

Krayzie

Hit level 25 with my Crusader yesterday and rare items with 1-2 sockets start to drop more frequently. Still get enough legendary drops and good rare drops to just sell the sockets items.

Is it feasible to fill them with gems at my lvl? Don't see much use because i probably just find a better non-socket item 1 hour later.

Can i change gear between characters? I ask because i maybe going to find good gear for mage or hunter which i'm going to play later and want to save it instead of selling it.

You should put gems in your gear even now. No harm doing it.
Whenever you get better gear, you can just salvage ur old gear if you aint using it anymore.
Important to note that the gem on that gear will not be salvaged. It'll just go back in ur inv.

So you can save the 50k it costs to remove the gem. Of course this is only if ur def not gonna be using that particular gear at all anymore.

As for changing gear between chars, yup can be done. The stash is shared across all ur chars. So if you find anything good for ur alt char, just keep it in the stash.

So I bought this game for PS4 on thanksgiving on sale, have been playing an unhealthy amount (literally all day when i'm not at work and getting little sleep). I love the hell out of this game but I have never been so depressed by a game and felt the need to share

So I started a hardcore monk on expert for the first time, had little problems due to nice drops and monks overwhelming healing skills. I ended up beating Diablo and got that trophy/challenge without Diablo being able to due damage to me for more than a split-second because of my healing.

I played through Act V tonight and same thing, way too much healing, not much problem. Beat Act V just fine (little struggle on the last boss but just was a matter of dodging well).

So I wanted to get the last hardcore trophy for getting to level 70 so I did some bounties/rifts. All was good until I went to do one of the last bounties I needed and got swarmed and DESTROYED by 3 yellow enemies, their minions and a few blues. Molten/Freeze/Arcade just ripped through me with no hesitation...so I died...at level 69 halfway through to 70. God that hurts...but not bad for a first try at hardcore.

Time to start again tomorrow...I think I have an addiction.

Any suggestions how to level up to 70 quickly?

Donos

Oh wow, you keep the gems when salvaging? Nice. Thanks for the quick answear. Only have two platinum trophies (Demon Souls, Dark Souls) but i think DIII UE will be my third.

Don't usually give a **** about trophies but special games deserve special treatments.

Raptor

So I bought this game for PS4 on thanksgiving on sale, have been playing an unhealthy amount (literally all day when i'm not at work and getting little sleep). I love the hell out of this game but I have never been so depressed by a game and felt the need to share

So I started a hardcore monk on expert for the first time, had little problems due to nice drops and monks overwhelming healing skills. I ended up beating Diablo and got that trophy/challenge without Diablo being able to due damage to me for more than a split-second because of my healing.

I played through Act V tonight and same thing, way too much healing, not much problem. Beat Act V just fine (little struggle on the last boss but just was a matter of dodging well).

So I wanted to get the last hardcore trophy for getting to level 70 so I did some bounties/rifts. All was good until I went to do one of the last bounties I needed and got swarmed and DESTROYED by 3 yellow enemies, their minions and a few blues. Molten/Freeze/Arcade just ripped through me with no hesitation...so I died...at level 69 halfway through to 70. God that hurts...but not bad for a first try at hardcore.

Time to start again tomorrow...I think I have an addiction.

Any suggestions how to level up to 70 quickly?

I would probably toss the controller at the damn wall god damn :(

h3ro

I was so happy with my Shotgun build. Hitting occasionally for 80 Million on crits with my substandard trash gear.

This Stampede build is fun and the new gear I got thanks to you all is optimized but it makes my trusty original Akkhans gear feel so... inadequate. :(

Who's up for some GR tonight!

Krayzie

Just completed GR40 with 2 minutes left. No pylons.
Best rift ever. Full of undead and to top things off, the guardian was the stonesinger.
Thank you stonesinger for being such a useless sack of shite.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Best rift ever. Full of undead and to top things off, the guardian was the stonesinger.

Congrats at finishing GR40 that is 2 higher than I have ever done.

Paganmoon

That's it, I'm never returning to this game again...

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Is there a reason why online is full of Crusaders? I get it's the new class but it's kind of ridiculous. I've yet to see a Wizard.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Is there a reason why online is full of Crusaders? I get it's the new class but it's kind of ridiculous. I've yet to see a Wizard.

I would say a combination of a few things. First at release several classes were not very good Wizard and Monk. So that turned people off of playing them. The other thing is from the start on consoles crusaders had a good combination of DPS and defense. Other classes had better DPS sure but the profit rune of champion really lets them take hits even at T6. Right now thanks to stampede they can basically play as a ranged class which is a huge advantage for greater rifts. Blizzard really needs to fix melee right now in greater rifts. Lastly they are the new class so many want to check them out.

Top Bottom