• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I got a Rainbow Goblin while in my second mission ever. Are these common or I did I get incredibly lucky? I cleared the Whimsy portal and got a few great (for a low level scrub) drops.

I run into them pretty frequently. Yes still, after countless attempts, I have yet to run into a regular goblin who spawns a treasure realm portal. Argh!!!

patchday

Just ordered a used copy off of Amazon from a retailer. Hope all goes well. This will be my first time playing Diablo 3

Been playing Destiny but it's endgame has gotten quite brutal too me. Just want to be able to run into a dungeon, have fun with folks, and enjoy good matchmaking. I hope I get my copy soon :(

Well the game has been a blast, but I think I'm done. Plat'd the game a week or so ago and it's been a steady drop off. I've been logging on out of habit the last several days. Love the game, but all goods things must come to an end. GTA is coming out is just the push I need to retire this game.

I just finished act 1 and I'm level 25 and everything, including bosses, just dies with absolutely no strategy or thought.

Is the game just designed for you to rush to the objective? I feel like I'm being punished for exploring everywhere by the game being too easy.

I just finished act 1 and I'm level 25 and everything, including bosses, just dies with absolutely no strategy or thought.

Is the game just designed for you to rush to the objective? I feel like I'm being punished for exploring everywhere by the game being too easy.

Crank up the difficulty then( but not if it means it takes forever for you to kill stuff.). leveling to 70 is a long tutorial basically where you are encouraged to try out the skills that unlock during the leveling. So you get a feel for them and can use that knowledge to make your character more powerful with gear combined with skill settings instead of leveling once you hit 70.

There are lots of optional quests(random so you get different ones every play-through) you can discover if you explore the maps instead of rushing. It's your choice.

Yeah I definitely wouldn't explore everywhere. My suggestion is play through the story focusing on progressing through it and adjust the difficulty so it feels tough but not a chore to get through.

Once you finish the story mode you unlock adventure mode and that is where the game really begins! You polish off your left over levels until you hit 70 while doing bounties (mini quests), Rifts and soon after greater rifts.

lvl 1- 70 get to grips with your different skills and learn how they compliment each other. More strategy comes into play when you start getting gear that gives skills certain traits and can be combined to make you a lot more powerful.

Add a few people from GaF and have a chat and play online so you can get more enjoyment out of it.

My psn is same as gaf name!

Well I don't think you can raise the difficulty your first time through so after a short while the game does it ridiculously easy. Just finish the campaign and unlock Adventure mode. Finishing the campaign unlocks more difficulties.

Paganmoon

Well I don't think you can raise the difficulty your first time through so after a short while the game does it ridiculously easy. Just finish the campaign and unlock Adventure mode. Finishing the campaign unlocks more difficulties.

You can raise it up to expert on first play through, Master unlocks when you hit Act V.

Dunlop

Digging the controller based method of play.

yeah I am quite surprised at how well it plays. I've left my game open as public each time I played and have yet to have any random pop in which makes me concerned about how much a community there is and whether it is worth spending all this time to re-level a character.

yeah I am quite surprised at how well it plays. I've left my game open as public each time I played and have yet to have any random pop in which makes me concerned about how much a community there is and whether it is worth spending all this time to re-level a character.

Anyone just starting the game is unlikely to join a random online game. Also, you should not have it open to public unless you want a hacked player to come in. Set it to friends only and add Gaf members.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
On Softcore, the only people who play in Publics are people with three-slotted hacked gear in every slot and 1000+ Paragon levels, and those who just hit 70 and are unaware of that entire element to the console version of the game.

I'd wager you'd have people jumping in for low level Hardcore players.

Besides, you saw how the game handles Apprentice Mode when I jumped in with you for a bit. You whack at sponges that I one-shot kill. I'm sure many people would find that boring. It's fine for power leveling, not fine if you want to actually play through the game at normal progression.

High water marks for base participation are new patches and community events, and there'll probably be a few new players at the end of the month once the sales hit. Otherwise, you'll just need to build up a friends list wide enough to invite people from other games in order to assemble a four-man group when you're ready to play.

Dunlop

Anyone just starting the game is unlikely to join a random online game. Also, you should not have it open to public unless you want a hacked player to come in. Set it to friends only and add Gaf members.

Thanks for the tip, not used to worrying about stuff like that with a console ; )

Raptor

Awesome session guys, yesterday, Sil, Krazie, NaughtyPrawn, Aki.

Some good stuff I got including like 4 Sunwuku Shoulders lols.

gunstarhero

Awesome, I will send you teh stuff tonight since In at work now, I will also sent you a Fate of the Fell for if you want tro try a Shotgun Build :)

I will add you, I have a monk myself and playing together will help with the drops, maybe we get better gear, I have some Sunwuku stuff too if you want.

Thanks for the gift man!

Raptor

Where's Turnbuckle? haven't seem him in a while.

Hey Sil, whats your stats on that DH? how come you have close to 22 M Toughness and I barely can hit 6000k?

lol.

Everything instakill me above GR28 :(

Paganmoon

Hey Sil, whats your stats on that DH? how come you have close to 22 M Toughness and I barely can hit 6000k?

lol.

Everything instakill me above GR28 :(

A DH with 22M toughness? what in the hell?

Anyway, are you running sentry build raptor? also got Unity?
With Sentry build and Unity, you really don't need much toughness, vault in, drop sentry, vault out. rinse and repeat.
I got 7mill toughness, and 860k dps, and can solo 32 on time, 33 about a minute behind (haven't tried one with the Etrayu though, might go higher now). But if you get bad packs on 33, it's going to be a hassle, Jailers are fucking annoying.

Raptor

With Sentry build and Unity, you really don't need much toughness, vault in, drop sentry, vault out. rinse and repeat.
I got 7mill toughness, and 860k dps, and can solo 32 on time, 33 about a minute behind (haven't tried one with the Etrayu though, might go higher now). But if you get bad packs on 33, it's going to be a hassle, Jailers are fucking annoying.

Even with both myself and follower unity and item to make him immortal I still die a lot, I need or to find better gear or to I dont know sacrifice CC for Vit or something.

yeah Im running a Sentry Build :)

Do we are friends there or not? whats your PSN?

Oh shit, maybe because I was a MOnk and had the mantra that Sil DH had that Thoughness becuase thats my Monk thoughness too, it affects everyone right?

Paganmoon

Even with both myself and follower unity and item to make him immortal I still die a lot, I need or to find better gear or to I dont know sacrifice CC for Vit or something.

yeah Im running a Sentry Build :)

Do we are friends there or not? whats your PSN?

Oh shit, maybe because I was a MOnk and had the mantra that Sil DH had that Thoughness becuase thats my Monk thoughness too, it affects everyone right?

The monk mantra does add quite a bit of toughness, iirc, my DH almost doubled in toughness when playing with Tunesmith's Monk.

6 million toughness should be enough with Unity though, effectively doubles your toughness. Might need to avoid damage better, drop sentries and then go hide around a corner close-by if possible.
My PSN is same as GAF name, but I think I already have you on friends-list, unless you've removed me :) Playing mostly AC: Unity right now though, so haven't been online in Diablo for a few days.

Robso

Got the One version yesterday and installed it. However, once the installation finishes I get a notification telling me to free up space for what I assume is the expansion?

ilhRgwt.png

I have nearly 200gb on my HDD so don't understand why it wants me to free up space. Anybody else have something similar?

Found a nice mirrorball, but having a hard time finding a build for it.

Wonder if an arcane build with depth diggers / focus & restraint plus meteor - star pact would work.

Cake Boss

Banned
Got the One version yesterday and installed it. However, once the installation finishes I get a notification telling me to free up space for what I assume is the expansion?

ilhRgwt.png

I have nearly 200gb on my HDD so don't understand why it wants me to free up space. Anybody else have something similar?

No idea. Try uninstalling it completely and starting over.

BTW add me I just got the game too on the Xbone.

GT: Cake Boss.

commish

Jason Kidd murdered my dog in cold blood!

22m, didnt think it was possible to get that high, at least not if you want to have good DPS. I think my DM (running sentry build) is around 7k.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Good question.
Yeah, as you stated later, the toughness was inflated by Monk passives.

Unbuffed is like 1100K damage and 11.1M toughness. Zei, Enforcer, and Trapped for gems. No need for Wyrdward anymore. I doubt I'll migrate from Lightning element, though, as I don't think I want to lose Cluster Bomb regardless.

gunstarhero

Legendary gems can only be socketed in rings and amulets, are you getting the error when socketing them on those items?

It just says "requires level 25" in red and doesnt give me the option to socket.. Im not sure if I tried an amulet or ring --- i'll check when i get home.

Good to know - thanks!

Krayzie

It just says "requires level 25" in red and doesnt give me the option to socket.. Im not sure if I tried an amulet or ring --- i'll check when i get home.

Good to know - thanks!

The level 25 requirement refers to the rank/level of the gem. Nothing to do with ur char lvl.
Once you upgrade your gem to rank 25, you'll be given a secondary affix to it.
For instance, the bane of the powerful gives you 15% dmg to elites. Each is diff of course.

As for socketing it, only can be done on ur ammy or ring.
I'm guessing you must have tried it on ur armor instead maybe?

gunstarhero

The level 25 requirement refers to the rank/level of the gem. Nothing to do with ur char lvl.
Once you upgrade your gem to rank 25, you'll be given a secondary affix to it.
For instance, the bane of the powerful gives you 15% dmg to elites. Each is diff of course.

As for socketing it, only can be done on ur ammy or ring.
I'm guessing you must have tried it on ur armor instead maybe?

Dumb question - but how do I upgrade my gem rank?

Krayzie

Beat a greater rift in the allotted time limit. Doing so you can choose to either upgrade your greater rift key or select having 3 attempts at upgrading any of your legendary gems.

You dont need to beat the GR within the time limit to upgrade your gems.
You get the upgrade as long as you beat the rift guardian.

However if you do beat it within the time limit, you'll be given an option to EITHER upgrade your GR rank key OR get 3 chances to level up ur leg gems.

Note: The higher the level of your gem, the higher the GR rank needs to be in order to get a better chance to upgrade the gem.

Raptor

Ok who has a spare furnace?

I want to try the Hexwuko build and I need a furnace, Im willing to trade it for TNT gloves or a Flying Dragon.

So I have a Ravens Wing bow which socketed with Dex gives me an overall higher attack than my current set up which is a non socketed Izzuccob.

However the Izzuccob has higher weapon damage :I

Wut do?

Also when re rolling gear what's the main thing to aim for? A socket slot?

If so what's worth the least to give up
To get said slot?

Also how come I'm seeing people with 3 socketed gear with perks of like 99973737383737373% increases? Wtf is that shit.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I obtained a DEX Rimeheart a while ago. Put a Gift on it, but the damage is rather low. I was hoping to trade it for a STR one to use with my Barb, but it seems like there's no good skill which makes the proc happen often enough. Sad times. Maybe I'll try to get one regardless but that makes me frown.
So I have a Ravens Wing bow which socketed with Dex gives me an overall higher attack than my current set up which is a non socketed Izzuccob.

However the Izzuccob has higher weapon damage :I

Wut do?
Use the Raven's Wing.

Also when re rolling gear what's the main thing to aim for? A socket slot?
You want +% damage or +% Increased Attack Speed.
You use one of these to put a socket on it afterwards: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/item/ramaladnis-gift

If the weapon has a socket on it already, roll it off for one of the former affixes and then use the Gift to put it back.
what's worth the least to give up
To get said slot?
Anything that isn't primary (STR INT DEX), %damage, or %IAS.

So I started with Arma Mortis and some other plan and the in-game text doesn't explain what it does or what I'm even supposed to do with it. Do I just use them both right away?

Top Bottom