• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

DD-11

Are you guys getting an error when trying to play this on X1? It tells me to please try again or insert the disc. I t also removed my homescreen pin and I can't find it in the marketplace.

Incidentally, the bluray player and video app are giving me the same message--just how do I insert the disc for the video player app anyway...

Are you guys getting an error when trying to play this on X1? It tells me to please try again or insert the disc. I t also removed my homescreen pin and I can't find it in the marketplace.

Incidentally, the bluray player and video app are giving me the same message--just how do I insert the disc for the video player app anyway...

OK for me. Did you try a hard reboot? It's the universal cure for most XB1 woes.

Do other discs work?

Cake Boss

Banned

Try uninstalling those apps.

h3ro

Anyone have spare parts for a Crusader Stampede build? I have the Akkhans set and maybe some extras to trade in exchange for the shield/weapon and whatever else is necessary for the build. Running Shotgun is getting a bit stale now.

I had the same issue last night. It was an XBL issue which has since been rectified. I thought my disc drive had gone at first. Re-installed the blu ray app and all was well after a couple hours.

Crazy how XBL issues can render physical drives and ability to use our products useless. Worrying even.

I'm havin a hard time deciding on getting either this or dragon age inquisition. This will be $35 on Black Friday. I've never played a Diablo game before but watching the videos and reviews it looks fun and apparently plays well with remote play. And dragon age looks pretty great as well. Never got into those either last gen. Loved mass effect though.

My main wants out of the game is lots of varied loot/weapons/ect and lots of replayability. Destiny is such a grind at this point I'm getting really bored with it. Diablo looks like an easier pick up and play for an hour and set down whereas dragon age would require a lot more time per session.

Decisions, decisions.

I'm havin a hard time deciding on getting either this or dragon age inquisition. This will be $35 on Black Friday. I've never played a Diablo game before but watching the videos and reviews it looks fun and apparently plays well with remote play. And dragon age looks pretty great as well. Never got into those either last gen. Loved mass effect though.

My main wants out of the game is lots of varied loot/weapons/ect and lots of replayability. Destiny is such a grind at this point I'm getting really bored with it. Diablo looks like an easier pick up and play for an hour and set down whereas dragon age would require a lot more time per session.

Decisions, decisions.
Both are good games. Your impressions of each are correct.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I honestly would have a difficult time in recommending D3 to someone else to play without having specific knowledge of what the person likes and seeks from games.

I personally keep with it because I know that I'll have at least a small handful of friends who will continue to play it into the long term future, which compels me to keep pace. I also have more than one main character who I want to develop, so that keeps my item hunting goals diverse. Doing this also leads to me making a stockpile of gear which I can willfully give away to numerous people who could use having it. I also ultimately view the game as The Longest RPG Grind Of All Time, because all of this basically goes towards the sole purpose of repeatedly doing the same thing, only with the possibility of being more efficient in the future.

I don't think it's too much of a stretch to say that the preceding paragraph is an opinion which many players don't fully share, nor would many others even find to be appealing. A player needs to have a very selective mindset to truly enjoy playing D3 over the long term.

Destiny, meanwhile, is an FPS, which means that I find it boring by default. Too much time walking around doing Absolutely Fucking Nothing until you find the next thing to shoot at. No thanks.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Is Destiny really significantly different or worse than D3 when it comes to RNG luck?

Given any character class and item slot, there's likely only one and probably no more than three specific items which are actually good, and then you have to pray for the rolls to be favorable beyond that.

Destiny is worse than this? I honestly don't know.

Is Destiny really significantly different or worse than D3 when it comes to RNG luck?

Given any character class and item slot, there's likely only one and probably no more than three specific items which are actually good, and then you have to pray for the rolls to be favorable beyond that.

Destiny is worse than this? I honestly don't know.

The first time I did the raid, I got a ship and a bunch of crafting mats :(
Everyone else got at least one weapon or piece of armor.

I think the biggest problem with Destiny (when compared to D3) is that the loot tables are so small, and to get to the level cap, you need legendary/exotic/raid armor, as opposed to just earning XP. And running strikes and raids is tedious because you do the same things over and over again, whereas rifts in D3 are randomized, both locations and mobs. Teleporting back to town and loading into areas is so much faster in D3, but it's slow and annoying in Destiny. I guess Destiny feels like vanilla D3 at launch, minus the auction house. If an expansion makes Destiny more like Reaper of Souls, then it'll be good.

ZenaxPure

Haven't actually played Destiny to be honest but I'm pretty sure they are trying to use the MMO item structure not that of an actual loot based game like D3. Meaning that at endgame there are very few items and it's more about getting the absolute "best" item for each slot and not about choice or the illusion of choice. And then that gear loses power as the next raid/xpac or whatever comes along and there is a new set of best items for that slot.

Raptor

No Lut Socks and no Skull of Resonance is making me angry, both builds need those in order to function.

And they are hard to obtain, all weeken farming and nothing.

Throw me a bone here fellas!

Raptor

Oh well since this is a ghost town I will speak to myself.

I got this thsi weekend and nobody to invite :(

wQPIP54.jpg

So Im running my barb having some fun but I can't play with any build whatsoever so Im runnig with a WW Lightning damage but will change for a furious charge even if I dont have the items lol, I dont care Im just having fun maybe it drops or maybe it aint and considering I aint getting a new game because no money rigth now (damn health issues) I will be playing this for some time still.

HF2014

Wondering, whats you people your best massacre??

Well i just freakin got a diabolic massacre of 736 kills in a row!!!

Did i break a record or something???

Lol

Raptor

Wondering, whats you people your best massacre??

Well i just freakin got a diabolic massacre of 736 kills in a row!!!

Did i break a record or something???

Lol

Hot damn, how is this possible?

Raptor! When I'm on I'll see what bits I have lying around for barb. I have a bunch of set items, that I know.

Hey man thanks, thankfully at least last night it dropped the Skull of Resonance so Im trying the Elite Nullifier for the time being while the Viles Ward drops :)

Thanks man.

Hey Krazie sorry man but I couldnt talk, ladies were sleeping and for some reason the message I sent you didn't went through :(

Good times man!

Krayzie

No worries hombre. Glad i managed to run a few rifts withcha.
The message did get sent through....after an hour (psn still fucked)

Anyways feel free to send me an invite even if u see me playing DA yea. Loving the game but I gotta pace myself. Clocked in 60+ hours so far :p

Raptor

No worries hombre. Glad i managed to run a few rifts withcha.
The message did get sent through....after an hour (psn still fucked)

Anyways feel free to send me an invite even if u see me playing DA yea. Loving the game but I gotta pace myself. Clocked in 60+ hours so far :p

:D

Awesome, yeah I will do, with you clearing rifts is fast as hell!!

Better farming for those legendaries :p

Zertez

Ive been thinking about picking this up since it is on sale. I already play the PC version a lot and still have a lot of fun, but it will be nice to play in the bed on my PS4. I hate playing with cheaters/hackers that have ridiculous weapons, gear, stats. Are there any gaf groups still playing? Is this game worth picking up even with the cheaters?

HF2014

Ive been thinking about picking this up since it is on sale. I already play the PC version a lot and still have a lot of fun, but it will be nice to play in the bed on my PS4. I hate playing with cheaters/hackers that have ridiculous weapons, gear, stats. Are there any gaf groups still playing? Is this game worth picking up even with the cheaters?

I cannot stand anymore the Pc version . I tried to play back a bit with it, but on console, it just feel more right, dont ask me( veteran d2 player speaking ). Sure it got seasons, but blizzard promise to keep current gen version up to date, so basicly, that mean we will get s1 items when s2 start. Seriously, its the only game i play non stop on my ps4. Its visually better and more fluid imo than the pc version. Its a must if your a diablo fan.

And i just beat a GR34 for the first time! Woot! Wizard rocks lol.

Zertez

I cannot stand anymore the Pc version . I tried to play back a bit with it, but on console, it just feel more right, dont ask me( veteran d2 player speaking ). Sure it got seasons, but blizzard promise to keep current gen version up to date, so basicly, that mean we will get s1 items when s2 start. Seriously, its the only game i play non stop on my ps4. Its visually better and more fluid imo than the pc version. Its a must if your a diablo fan.

And i just beat a GR34 for the first time! Woot! Wizard rocks lol.
Thanks will try to pick it up if it hits 25 dollars. I will miss my hound and helms from the PC though.

Raptor

Sorry bros my game locked up on me for the socond time last night and I got pissed I didn't returned after I restarted.

Got my Viles Ward and my Pride of Cassius thanks to someone out there!!

:)

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Today, I discovered that Trial Rifts are not actually Rifts.

How do I know?

attachment.php

Because Vault Portals cannot occur on Rifts.

The mace was a Sun Keeper, by the way. I love you forever, legacy Puzzle Ring.

HF2014

Today, I discovered that Trial Rifts are not actually Rifts.

How do I know?

attachment.php

Because Vault Portals cannot occur on Rifts.

The mace was a Sun Keeper, by the way. I love you forever, legacy Puzzle Ring.

How the hell you get items dropping in a trial???

Krayzie

How the hell you get items dropping in a trial???

If you've got the old puzzle ring equipped, a goblin can appear during the trials and even on greater rifts for that matter. Though you dont get shit from goblins in greater rifts.

Not the case for trials evidently since dog$ over here managed to not only get a leg drop, BUT he also got a fuckin VAULT to pop up during a trial!!
Knew the possibilty of a leg dropping but a vault???
Me mind= BLoWN!!

Edit: Forgot to mention but as Paganmoon stated few posts down, I was referring to the old puzzle ring.

HF2014

I still dont understand how s goblin can appear with the puzzle, is it a trick or something? The goblin is supposed to pick items, not make another appear?

Paganmoon

I still dont understand how s goblin can appear with the puzzle, is it a trick or something? The goblin is supposed to pick items, not make another appear?

Iirc, the old puzzle rings worked differently, as instead of a goblin picking up items, it could actually spawn another goblin. This was removed, maybe the old rings still have that effect, as sillysil noted he had a legacy puzzle ring?

quest

Not Banned from OT
Did a personal best today Krayzie, Dog$ and friend of mine cleared level 42 grift. I feel bad for my friend got 0 legendary drops and worse yet 0/3 on upgrades at 60%. Can't wait for the 2.1.2 patch with the grift changes hopefully can turn that 42 into a 44-45.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
When I play four-man solo, all three other non-playing characters have a legacy Puzzle Ring equipped. That ring gives a chance when the player is hit by any attack to have a goblin instantly spawn afterwards.

It turns out that Trials do not function like Grifts, in that goblin kills will leave loot behind. I found this out a while ago, and I was telling Krayzie just earlier today that I was hoping to eventually have a Legendary drop from it so that I could take a picture. I was completely taken by surprise to see the Vault open up.

re: 42 Grift. Yeah that was great. I wish I didn't falter so badly with the actual boss fight. We were under water for a good portion of the run at first but managed to gain ground towards the last five minutes. Very intense and enjoyable.

Donos

Just picked up DIII UE for PS3 dirt cheap. Started a Barbarian a year ago (rented vanilla DIII for a weekend) and played till ACTII or III but this save is gone.

Now i'm considering starting with a Crushader. I like to play these games (and rpgs in general) with a melee character.

Question is, can the crushader also use swords (i like swords :p) or only
Hammers, Maces and stuff. If no, then i'm maybe rather going for the Barbarian. But the Crusader looks pretty BOSS in the character selection.

Which character is fun more fun of those two (no multiplayer, just playing alone)? Just for a starting player. Not searching for which high end build is better.

Thanks

Paganmoon

Just picked up DIII UE for PS3 dirt cheap. Started a Barbarian a year ago (rented vanilla DIII for a weekend) and played till ACTII or III but this save is gone.

Now i'm considering starting with a Crushader. I like to play these games (and rpgs in general) with a melee character.

Question is, can the crushader also use swords (i like swords :p) or only
Hammers, Maces and stuff. If no, then i'm maybe rather going for the Barbarian. But the Crusader looks pretty BOSS in the character selection.

Which character is fun more fun of those two (no multiplayer, just playing alone)? Just for a starting player. Not searching for which high end build is better.

Thanks

Personally had most fun leveling with the crusader, barbarian a close second though. Crusader can wield swords, and can even wield a two-handed sword with one hand.

Top Bottom