• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

HF2014

And god, they tweak somehow the greater rift now. Monster density is wicked, u can now respawn at corpse with a timer delay, and difficulty seem to have been lowered. Before 2.1.2 my max was 35, and i just cleared 37 easily, getting a 39 stone. And no ancient items equip yet!

And god, they tweak somehow the greater rift now. Monster density is wicked, u can now respawn at corpse with a timer delay, and difficulty seem to have been lowered. Before 2.1.2 my max was 35, and i just cleared 37 easily, getting a 39 stone. And no ancient items equip yet!

damn, I suppose I will have to load up my fire wiz!

Laconic

Banned
Oh yes ir worth it, just beat 39 now! Fire wiz are rocking eh! Hydra is now better, it cast quicker, so it can do multiple path. Big dps increase imo!

Damn... gonna have to drop the Furnace, and pop my Sparker back on... play it like a shmup, with Meteors and 3-prong MM again.

Hey, GG to the duders in my T6 Rift Party! I was having mic problems so was silent. I got a ton of legendaries and set pieces, none of which I needed so I just dropped them in town. Hope the guys who picked them up find them useful.

My Firebird build it totally awesome! I swapped out a Serpent Sparker for an ancient Devastator. I lose one Hydra but I make up for it with a 100K increase to my DPS and a total of 116% increase to fire damage.

While in town, especially around the waypoint where all the NPCs are, it feels like the frame rate drops considerably. It was smooth as silk before the patch.

Can anyone else confirm?

HORRORSHØW

border = ancient?

B7SyNhSCEAAqJZd.jpg

Diseased Yak

Gold Member
Gotta say, I'm loving the M6 changes. Was mowing through T6 with the full set like a knife through butter. Only issues I had were some random elites that would one shot me, but otherwise I felt a lot better, esp having more control over my sentries. Made things much more active.

No Ancient drops yet, but I just did T6 bounties for a while.

Hobbun

I'm a bit confused on their change of "Healing" to "Recovery. " First of all. Are they referring to the furthest right of the three large stats when opening your character? And what is the significance of having just a name change?

Unless they are also changing the factors that make up that stat?

nortonff

Hi, I'm nortonff. I spend my life going into threads to say that I don't care about the topic of the thread. It's a really good use of my time.
Played with three friends in counch co-op yesterday for about 4 hours.
Simply amazing.
But the inventory should be split-screen, I think.

Played with three friends in counch co-op yesterday for about 4 hours.
Simply amazing.

Yeah that's pretty annoying when you have to wait around, made worse if you are all starting a fresh and so all levelling up at the same time, takes a while for four people to go through their skills etc.

piggychan

I hope to God they upped the rate of treasure goblin portal spawns. 400 bounties completed and I've yet to see one....

best bet is to do a normal rift run. Have run into several goblin packs with those and a loads of legendaries dropping like crazy. You might run into a rift that is full of goblins!

Got my 5th piece of Akkhan so full set now with RoRG, time to work on CD reduction, currently at 21% using Captains Crimson belt and boots as well in other slots. Still need to read up on builds as well.

Audioboxer

Got my 5th piece of Akkhan so full set now with RoRG, time to work on CD reduction, currently at 21% using Captains Crimson belt and boots as well in other slots. Still need to read up on builds as well.

Noticed you were on!

I run a pony build with 5 Akkhans just now. Best build I knew of when I last played months ago. Not sure how the patch changes things. Any crusaders want to chip in and say? Pony still the "best"?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So I've been playing this with my boyfriend on the PS4. It's sorta my first real Diablo game. I played the D2 beta wayyyy back in the day and got bored shitless, so I was never a fan. I liked the art direction of the first game but not the gameplay, and I liked the looting in D2 but not the combat (click-spam bores me to tears). My boyfriend is an experienced Diablo player on PC. He played the vanilla D3 on PC pre-loot patch.

Played on the PS4 it's a lot more fun to me, with combat optimized for controllers. And I enjoy the couch coop experience.

But right now I have one major problem: the game is way, way, way too easy. We started on Hard difficulty, but very quickly increased it to Expert, and we're still steamrolling everything. We are currently into Act II (just unlocked the Jeweler and crafted some gems) and I used exactly 2 potions so far, and probably didn't really need to. The only time I died was early on, immediately after switching to Expert so we probably had loot/levels scaled for Hard mode and some elites swarmed us, but we still survived (e.g. he died, then revived, then I died but revived, we didn't both die). Pretty much every encounter is over in seconds and won with me spamming R2 and occasionally tapping the other buttons. And looting is all fine and dandy but we seem to get new good loot almost... dare I say... too often? Can't even appreciate that nice rare armour if you get another one barely a minute later, ya know? And we level up really really fast. I believe the cap is 70 but we're already level 44 and we certainly did no grinding. At first we tried to map areas thoroughly, just out of personal habit, but I quickly realized the only reason to explore a map is to get more loot and, well, we always have plenty, so now we're just beelining for the mission objectives.

Does the game ever get challenging in the first playthrough? I hear those Torment/infernal whatever settings are pretty tough, but I hate that have to pretty much finish a playthrough before unlocking them. :\ We're playing on Expert, where it's claimed we'll need to be super-optimized or we'll get killed yadda-yadda... pffft, horsecrap.

FWIW I am playing the Demon Hunter and he's playing a Monk. He said he remembered the vanilla game being fairly easy but not that easy, but he's not sure if it had something to do with the shitty loot of the time or whatever. I experiment with all the abilities as I unlock them, but I mostly focus on using Rapid Fire (machinegunning is just so lolz) and dropping caltrop traps. Earlier on I used the vaulting ability to mass-stun but right now I've been experimenting with the boar companion. Because, boar.

I really want to like this game. The story and dialogue is utter crap but the environments look very nice, looting is fun and I enjoy the coop slaughter of mooks, but I wish there were at least one small iota of tension. Looting would be more exciting that way. Right now it's kinda like, "oh cool a new kick-ass bow? Meh, I'm already slaughtering everyone blindfolded, who cares".

Urgh yes, that is so annoying haha. Especially since he's a slower reader than I am, and he takes forever in examining his skills... <_<

^

The first playthrough is pretty easy. It's mostly there for you to take in the (crappy) story and to understand a class and its skills. Adventure mode and rifts/greater rifts are pretty much the real game. Just rush through the rest of story mode.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Any changes to the Holy Monks?

And what are the changes to DH?
I think all Monks want Gungdo Gear (bracers) now, regardless of element. I'm assuming there's much more talk about it in the PC thread, at least there was when I last looked weeks ago.

DH Sentries now merely mirror the DH spender attacks rather than constantly casting them, hence everyone calling it a nerf. Also, that mechanic itself merely requires 4 pieces, with 6 piece set giving 100% damage to sentries. As far as I can tell, all this means is that Kridershot is to be considered required for the build rather than one choice of several.

Any crusaders want to chip in and say? Pony still the "best"?
Consider the new Condemn build:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crusaders/comments/2ma0ir/condemn_crusader_guide_t6_gr40/

I foresee a few (and know specifically of one) Crusaders picking it up, just for something different at least.

Does the game ever get challenging in the first playthrough? I hear those Torment/infernal whatever settings are pretty tough, but I hate that have to pretty much finish a playthrough before unlocking them.
I really want to like this game... but I wish there were at least one small iota of tension.
Torment unlocks at 60, up to T6. I'm pretty sure you will not want to stay on T6 until you hit 70 and start to find gear which is good enough to run it quickly enough. You'll want to hit 70 ASAP regardless as that's where you can start to do Greater Rift runs, where the max level is 100 and basically nobody (playing legit) can get higher than 50 (not to mention being able to have all build options and Paragon point allocation, &c.).

I fully agree that the story sucks and that raising people to 70 sucks. I also agree that the game is entirely too easy on lower difficulty modes. Add some players here and someone should gladly rush you to 70 immediately so that you can start to play the real game.

h3ro

The search for Frydehr's Wrath begins!

Time to get cracking on this Condemn build! :)

Who's up for grifts in an hour or so!

Hey guys!

I just started playing this game today (new to the series) and I'm hooked. Already level 20, playing on hard mode and just beat the Skull King and did some minor dungeons. I can't wait to play with people online.

I have the PS4 version, and my username is DeadlyVigilante. Would love to play sometime as long as you're willing to put up with a newer player!

Hey guys!

I just started playing this game today (new to the series) and I'm hooked. Already level 20, playing on hard mode and just beat the Skull King and did some minor dungeons. I can't wait to play with people online.

I have the PS4 version, and my username is DeadlyVigilante. Would love to play sometime as long as you're willing to put up with a newer player!

I'll send you a friend invite, since I'm starting to get back into the game.

Grimløck;147481565 said:
yo...the season one items are now in play for us console plebs? man, i gotta gamble shields now.

Yup, and season two items as well.

Grimløck;147528824 said:
kind of ridiculous how a mediocre ancient 2-hander made my awesome furnace obsolete.

Not had any weapons drop yet, did get another cluster of goblins (gem/materials) in a rift last night though, they decided to go run though an elite pack so a couple got away :( Shame you can't just run over the gems and auto pickup!

zsM0vmm.jpg

Donos

Being fair, those that have purchased UEE on PS3/360 should have gotten some patch updates in my opinion. If Blizzard wanted to take their money, at least show them some support too.

Isn't there a a second DLC coming/rumored for D3? If PS3/360 is going to get it, they have to bring a lot of updates with the DLC.

Isn't there a a second DLC coming/rumored for D3? If PS3/360 is going to get it, they have to bring a lot of updates with the DLC.

Had seen something about that, but wouldn't be surprised for them to push to current gen only.

Stats are getting better now. Time to read on builds and what to do, still dying sometimes on elite packs on T4 at the moment.

Lexxon

Just hit 70 on my Crusader that I've been playing with family/friends in local co-op last night. Really liking the console (PS4) D3 after burning out of vanilla D3 a few months after launch.

Looks like endgame is now a mix of adventure mode, rifts, and RNG gambling with blood shards? Reading that I should be gunning for the Akkhan's set, and also potentially a ring that lowers the set pieces needed by one.

I must say, not having to play through the game 3 times, and having variable difficulty, was REALLY nice coming from the old normal/nightmare/hell model from early vanilla.

Audioboxer

I think all Monks want Gungdo Gear (bracers) now, regardless of element. I'm assuming there's much more talk about it in the PC thread, at least there was when I last looked weeks ago.

DH Sentries now merely mirror the DH spender attacks rather than constantly casting them, hence everyone calling it a nerf. Also, that mechanic itself merely requires 4 pieces, with 6 piece set giving 100% damage to sentries. As far as I can tell, all this means is that Kridershot is to be considered required for the build rather than one choice of several.

Consider the new Condemn build:
http://www.reddit.com/r/Diablo3Crusaders/comments/2ma0ir/condemn_crusader_guide_t6_gr40/

I foresee a few (and know specifically of one) Crusaders picking it up, just for something different at least.

Torment unlocks at 60, up to T6. I'm pretty sure you will not want to stay on T6 until you hit 70 and start to find gear which is good enough to run it quickly enough. You'll want to hit 70 ASAP regardless as that's where you can start to do Greater Rift runs, where the max level is 100 and basically nobody (playing legit) can get higher than 50 (not to mention being able to have all build options and Paragon point allocation, &c.).

I fully agree that the story sucks and that raising people to 70 sucks. I also agree that the game is entirely too easy on lower difficulty modes. Add some players here and someone should gladly rush you to 70 immediately so that you can start to play the real game.

Thanks for the tip, will have a look at the build :)

tmespe

Hey guys!

My friends list for this is pretty barren, and it's always good to have some people to play with and send gifts to, so I added you.

Hobbun

Had seen something about that, but wouldn't be surprised for them to push to current gen only.

Stats are getting better now. Time to read on builds and what to do, still dying sometimes on elite packs on T4 at the moment.

There's more DLC already planned? I haven't heard anything about that.

Your stats are looking good. Have you tried T5 yet?

My roommate has been playing the last couple of nights (damn thumb :(), and he hasn't received any additional blood shards than normal. Guess it's just the luck of the draw (RNG).

Got my first ancient legendary drop - a Ring of Royal Grandeur! Now just need that damned treasure goblin portal to spawn. Looking forward to the goblin buff this weekend!

Audioboxer

Anyone have a spare RRoG that has either a socket, high CDR or both on a natural roll? One of the two is fine. PS4, Crusader, PSN is Audioboxer.

Cheers!

Anyone have a spare Templar relic they don't need? RetroGiant on ps4. Vrax has been hooking me up with gifts! Sorry if anyone has been sending me invites and I don't respond. Half the time I'm on my vita remote play and can't really chat so not sure if I would help any of there was certain strategy going on.

Top Bottom