• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

There's more DLC already planned? I haven't heard anything about that.

Your stats are looking good. Have you tried T5 yet?

My roommate has been playing the last couple of nights (damn thumb :(), and he hasn't received any additional blood shards than normal. Guess it's just the luck of the draw (RNG).

There was talk that they were considering a second batch of DLC, whether anything comes of it I don't know.

Took it to T5 last night, made a pony build and nothing was touching me, not sure why I didn't swap sooner, I do have downtime due to low CDR but I can still clear packs quickly with minimal fuss now.

Have to say that I have gotten the Diablo bug again and all other games have been left alone.

Flunkie

Banned
What should I do with my legendaries that I am too powerful for now? Salvage? Or is there some other way of extracting yummy stuff from them that I don't know about?

Donos

There's more DLC already planned? I haven't heard anything about that.

Your stats are looking good. Have you tried T5 yet?

My roommate has been playing the last couple of nights (damn thumb :(), and he hasn't received any additional blood shards than normal. Guess it's just the luck of the draw (RNG).

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014/03/blizzard-evaluating-diablo-3s-future-after-reaper-of-souls-release/
Well according to the game’s lead producer, Alex Mayberry, it seems that Blizzard is still a little uncertain about the future of the game. Speaking to Videogamer, Mayberry revealed that Blizzard is still evaluating whether or not they will be making a new expansion for the game or release an entirely new Diablo game istead.

According to an earlier leaked roadmap, it suggested that the Diablo franchise had another expansion in the works, but knowing Blizzard, they do change things up quite often whenever they feel like it is the best solution, so we wouldn’t be surprised if they decided to put the alleged 2nd expansion on hold while they evaluate their options.

Since RoS got recieved pretty well, i think there is going to be another Exp (hope so).

h3ro

Grimløck;147643424 said:
lmao gambled an ancient furnace. too bad it's only 40% vs. elites and no CDR. condemn build is pretty legit. got to gr43 with it.

Could you post a screenshot of the Ancient Furnace!?

Just been doing some quick remote play in my lunch break at work. Kadala offloaded an Ancient Mortal Drama on me. Just need to roll in a socket now.

srW03bP.jpg

Hobbun

http://www.ubergizmo.com/2014/03/blizzard-evaluating-diablo-3s-future-after-reaper-of-souls-release/

Since RoS got recieved pretty well, i think there is going to be another Exp (hope so).

Interesting. This pretty much answers the question if they have started on the next expansion (they apparently haven't).

I would actually be quite surprised if they did not do another expansion, because as you said, RoS has done quite well.

I would prefer an expansion as well, as I'm having a lot of fun with RoS. However, if they do decide to go with D4, I just hope they will use what they have learned in improving D3. When D3 was first released, it was much different, and not in a good way.

Edit: I just realized the date of that article was from March of last year, so a lot could have changed since then .

Weren't there indications recently (like within the last month or so) that Blizzard has begun working on the next expansion?

Interesting. This pretty much answers the question if they have started on the next expansion (they apparently haven't).

I would actually be quite surprised if they did not do another expansion, because as you said, RoS has done quite well.

I would prefer an expansion as well, as I'm having a lot of fun with RoS. However, if they do decide to go with D4, I just hope they will use what they have learned in improving D3. When D3 was first released, it was much different, and not in a good way.

That was march, of last year

h3ro

Finally have a middling SoJ worth a damn, my Elite damage is now up to 90%! Still not a great roll though, lost 5% Crit Hit and 35% Crit damage in replacing my trust old Manald Heal with this socketed SoJ that blah stats.

Just been doing some quick remote play in my lunch break at work. Kadala offloaded an Ancient Mortal Drama on me. Just need to roll in a socket now.

Wow the numbers on Ancient two-handers are great! If you can get a Ramaldani's gift, that would be better than rolling for a socket. Also, are you running a Bombardment build? Make sure you take advantage of whatever buffs/perks the items you equip provide.

I think I have some Sunwuku stuff if I do I will hook you up tomorrow :D

ok I will get this tomorrow if anyone has a Incense Torch please send it my way!

:p

He's back!

I think I have some Sunwuku stuff if I do I will hook you up tomorrow :D

ok I will get this tomorrow if anyone has a Incense Torch please send it my way!

:p

Ooo, Raptor's coming back!

I have some spare Firebird pieces: gloves and chest. They're not BiS, but if anyone needs them let me know.

Finally have a middling SoJ worth a damn, my Elite damage is now up to 90%! Still not a great roll though, lost 5% Crit Hit and 35% Crit damage in replacing my trust old Manald Heal with this socketed SoJ that blah stats.

Wow the numbers on Ancient two-handers are great! If you can get a Ramaldani's gift, that would be better than rolling for a socket. Also, are you running a Bombardment build? Make sure you take advantage of whatever buffs/perks the items you equip provide.

He's back!

Would be great IF I hadn't shut my remote play session in a rush before the game had saved. Came home tonight to try the roll and didn't have the weapon anymore! :(

Ah well got a Bovine Bardiche instead from Kadala so figured I would see what it did with ponies.

Excuse the poor aiming/random rolling, was remote play on Vita again lol

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e9QGdWyqJ2o

h3ro

Ooo, Raptor's coming back!

I have some spare Firebird pieces: gloves and chest. They're not BiS, but if anyone needs them let me know.

I'm trying to build a Wizard and dropped the shoes, so i wouldn't mind them if they are extra!

shot you a friend request on PSN.

explorer

Is there any way to get the angelic wings from the Xbox 360 version of the game (if I bought the vanilla version) without losing my save on Xbox One? Thanks in advance.

Audioboxer

You on ps4? I got a bunch of em.

Yeah, PSN is Audioboxer. Thanks a lot :) Anything you need?

I'm running that new condemned crusader build, loving it. Ponies were annoying me due to horses clipping off things. I have a hellfire amulet with long arm of the law passive so my wrath costs get lowered for a good bit of time to spam condemn like crazy. Upgrading my gems just now and looking for better equipment than what I have, but managing T6 fine.

Edit: Forgot to say finally seen a Last of Us rift last night :D

Grimløck;147833969 said:
new lightning monk is kind of insane, and i'm not even using a third gem yet.

Could you link to your build? I'm glad the monks aren't relegated to utility characters anymore.

I'm having woeful luck getting Sunwuko's pieces to drop. DAT RNG, etc. Does anyone have a viable monk build while I continue to grind?

stn

Doing a hardcore Barbarian on normal difficulty. Few questions...

1. What stat(s) should I prioritize?
2. What skills should I use?
3. For my other character I would have these monsters spawn that killed people on my friends list. I could never take them out properly. How do I make sure they don't show up on this hardcore playthrough?

I think that's it for now. Thanks!

EDIT: Re #3: I have a Crusader at lvl. 70. During certain bounties this creature would spawn out of nowhere, he'd be very powerful. This same creature has killed one of the people on my friends list. I want to make sure I avoid this on my hardcore playthrough as I really don't want to lose the character.

Paganmoon

3. For my other character I would have these monsters spawn that killed people on my friends list. I could never take them out properly. How do I make sure they don't show up on this hardcore playthrough?

EDIT: Re #3: I have a Crusader at lvl. 70. During certain bounties this creature would spawn out of nowhere, he'd be very powerful. This same creature has killed one of the people on my friends list. I want to make sure I avoid this on my hardcore playthrough as I really don't want to lose the character.

If you're playing on normal difficulty, just play whatever skills you find most fun. That's what I did with my Hardcore barb. Also, I think Nemesis monsters are disabled in Hardcore mode, as I don't recall ever seeing one in my playthrough.

Kaita

Neo Member

The nemesis system is not implemented on hardcore so you won't need to worry about that happening. If you are on ps4 in also lvling up on hardcore.

Psn: treatedseed

Paganmoon

The nemesis system is not implemented on hardcore so you won't need to worry about that happening. If you are on ps4 in also lvling up on hardcore.

Psn: treatedseed

Quick note on co-op in Hardcore, there is no apprentice mode, so make sure you are both at the same level when joining another game.

If someone that is higher level than you joins your game, the monsters that are already spawned will still be at your level, but any new monsters that spawn will be at the higher players level, and they will one shot you.

stn

How do you join online games on XBL? I've browsed the menus and haven't found any "search for games" option or anything like that. I feel stupid asking but I must be missing something.

Donos

I have a Crusader at lvl. 70. During certain bounties this creature would spawn out of nowhere, he'd be very powerful. This same creature has killed one of the people on my friends list. I want to make sure I avoid this on my hardcore playthrough as I really don't want to lose the character.

Nemesis. They don't spawn in Hardcore. http://diablo.wikia.com/wiki/Nemesis_Kills

Edit: well pretty late with reply. Left tab open with hitting reply.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
game refuses to give me a ceremonial knife with sockets, RNG is such a bitch. I don't want to waste materials enchanting the knives I have in order to get a socket.

seems like they upped the cost of blood shards for gambling, weapons sure as fuck didn't cost 75 blood shards before.

Kaita

Neo Member
They upped the blood shard cost but increased te legendary drop rates. So you dont have to cycle through so many chances.

I took a Hardcore Barbarian to 70 for the trophy a while back. I went sword and board the whole time and always used shields with a high block %. I prioritized Defense, All Res, Vit, and Str. As far as skills go, my Primary was based on whether my gear had any +X% Damage to that Primary Skill. I think by the end I was using Weapon Throw a lot, to weaken mobs before Leaping in. I also used Rend with the Blood Lust Rune, good way to heal yourself and wreck large groups of mobs.

My build was more or less this: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#gciXkl!bdVe!ZZbabZ

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
what's better for legendary equipment farming, nephalem rifts or greater rifts? I'm thinking that since in NR every enemy has a chance to drop a legendary equipment and in GR just the the rift guardian drops loot, that NR is better for legendary equipment farming? don't know how big the difference in % for legendary equipment is in each mode.

Taz

Seen a few posts on people asking how to level quick it's real simple,

You need atleast one class lvl 60,
Create the chars you want to lvl,
Quick search a game on Torment 6 and Rifting,
When it finds you a game before you join the lobby you'll notice you can change char, change to the class you want to lvl join the game enter the rift and enjoy your new lvl 70 after 2 to 4 rifts

Pro tip,

Keep some keys in your bank so you can enter with the low lvl classes.

Seen a few posts on people asking how to level quick it's real simple,

You need atleast one class lvl 60,
Create the chars you want to lvl,
Quick search a game on Torment 6 and Rifting,
When it finds you a game before you join the lobby you'll notice you can change char, change to the class you want to lvl join the game enter the rift and enjoy your new lvl 70 after 2 to 4 rifts

Pro tip,

Keep some keys in your bank so you can enter with the low lvl classes.

Wow. Thanks for the tip. Time to get that trophy lol.

Also, I'm really disappointed playing the end game content on PS4. Every game is just filled with hackers using that Professional Russian sword. I don't understand what the point of doing rifts or anything is when you're already using all hacked items. Why even play when you can kill everything in sight in one hit on level 95 greater rifts?

Top Bottom