• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

h3ro

Grimløck;149528171 said:
have you tried the fire variant with a cindercoat? it's pretty devastating at lower grifts because of the huge AOE--no EP needed. it clears out trash much faster, although the RG may take a little longer to kill.

you can try swk gloves, helm, ammy. aughild shoulders and bracers. cindercoat. either two piece inna pants and belt or the captain crimson set. the captain crimson set, coupled with the cindercoat and torch, should alleviate any spirit-regen problems.

Yup! Been meaning to give Fire Bells a go but I'm still waiting on more Inna's pieces to drop. I'll craft a Dex Capt. Crimson set tonight and see how that fits in with all my other pieces.

I got a Cindercoat drop a while back with my Crusader, I'll take a look at it and see what kind of stats it has.

Laconic

Banned
This build is so Spirit dependent that if you have the right Passives, you can easily roll of the health per Spirit spent and make that up elsewhere. Having spirit to proc EP, Wave of Light is key.

Grimløck;149528171 said:
have you tried the fire variant with a cindercoat? it's pretty devastating at lower grifts because of the huge AOE--no EP needed. it clears out trash much faster, although the RG may take a little longer to kill.

you can try swk gloves, helm, ammy. aughild shoulders and bracers. cindercoat. either two piece inna pants and belt or the captain crimson set. the captain crimson set, coupled with the cindercoat and torch, should alleviate any spirit-regen problems.

Thank you, gentlemen. :)

Whilst trying to nab a Ram Gift this evening, I rolled two more Torches, lol.

One of them 3400+ without +% damage.

That is going to be a beast, I think, once I roll +% damage onto it and Ram it.

EDIT:

I already had like 3 dex Cindercoats lying about, too.

Laconic

Banned
I just noticed something... the middling Torch I got - the one with 3300 - has 6 primary stats, with only the inherent max spirit secondary, whereas the others have 4, with another secondary.

Is that normal?

I vaguely recall something about LPSS being something that circumvented normal primary stat allowances. Perhaps that is it? All I know is I can reroll the LPSS into 10%, and keep my Dex and Spirit Per Second.

dB Viper

I've one in stash, don't think it had great rolls though unfortunately.

Don't suppose anyone has a spare weapon socket gift they would mind swapping out for something?

I have a couple, actually. Are you on Xbox 1? Anything else you are looking for? Any furnace would be good, as long as I could re-roll it into strength if it wasn't already.

Laconic

Banned
My Cindercoat was a STR based one with Crusader buffs :lol

Didn't get to play much yesterday but have been getting nothing to drop for me. Even Kadala is being stingy.

Yuuup.

But I just got a The Slanderer to drop, Ancient, with 2699.9 damage with 10% rolled onto it, and a yummy +7% Elite Damage mod. :)

...now all I need is to get an Ancient Little Rogue.

Laconic

Banned
Okay then.

I just spent 20 million rolling both of these bad boys up to 10%.

Torch_zpsgcccoix9.jpg

I'd use my single Ram Girft on the higher one, but I'm not sure if I should, given the Spirit regen on the slightly lesser one.

h3ro

Okay then.

I just spent 20 million rolling both of these bad boys up to 10%.

Torch_zpsgcccoix9.jpg

I'd use my single Ram Girft on the higher one, but I'm not sure if I should, given the Spirit regen on the slightly lesser one.

Throw a Ram gift at it and you're set!.

Also, Share button.

John_B

I played a Crusader since the PS4 launch, but my luck has just been suboptimal.

Went for a Fire Starter build, but no Darklight would ever drop. Went for a Stampede build, but I kept getting bad rolls on everything and no Furnace in sight. Tried gearing for a Condem build, but same dice. Not even one Ramaladni's Gift ever dropped.

So I start a Monk and in two weeks it's sitting at 1500 sheet dps from just being bombarded with all the shit you could only wish for. And surely a Ramaladni's Gift also dropped.

I'm currently working on my legendary gems. Completed a GRift level 43 without much trouble so far.

b0OJyJZ.png

yzn8HQD.png

stn

Any tips for getting the hardcore trophies fast?
You've no choice but to start a fresh character. Just play on normal, its just like a regular playthrough. Skip all cutscenes. I beat Diablo last night, now on to Act 5. Pretty much the only thing that'll take time is leveling up to 70, for which I see no shortcut. Unless you go online? Still, I'd say stack some experience gems and items and do bounties on normal. Less risk of losing your character.

h3ro

I played a Crusader since the PS4 launch, but my luck has just been suboptimal.

Went for a Fire Starter build, but no Darklight would ever drop. Went for a Stampede build, but I kept getting bad rolls on everything and no Furnace in sight. Tried gearing for a Condem build, but same dice. Not even one Ramaladni's Gift ever dropped.

So I start a Monk and in two weeks it's sitting at 1500 sheet dps from just being bombarded with all the shit you could only wish for. And surely a Ramaladni's Gift also dropped.

I'm currently working on my legendary gems. Completed a GRift level 43 without much trouble so far.

b0OJyJZ.png

yzn8HQD.png
Amazing drops! What I would do for an Ancient Torch!

Love my Ancient Gungdo though.

h3ro

Speaking of which...

What is YOUR setup, and load out?
No pictures right now as I'm travelling but I have two main characters.

A pony crusader that can hold his own in the upper 30's/low 40's with the standard accompaniment of Akkhan's/Furnace/bot/bop/pain enhancer. Boring.

EP/Pillar Monk with full Sunwoko's and a decent lightning torch buffed by an ancient thundergod's vigor. Still too squishy, it can handle 37 quickly but dying a bunch getting there.
Still working on getting a decent Inna's set so I can get rid of my current Aughilds (ancient with good stats but I'd like some of those buffs).

IHaveIce

Banned
So can Kadala drop every set and legendary? I can't get any Inna set items :(

And I still haven't got any ramaldani's gifts

On Xbox One, if some kind soul wants to help <3

GT IHaveAnIce, maybe then I get gifts for people who still play Diablo

I got all my Inna gear from Kadala. It's all up to RNG.

stn

Working on maxing out my hardcore barbarian. Also started a normal demon hunter, went straight to bounties and am at lvl. 5 already. Is there anything I can use from my maxed out crusader to give to my demon hunter in order to speed up leveling?

Working on maxing out my hardcore barbarian. Also started a normal demon hunter, went straight to bounties and am at lvl. 5 already. Is there anything I can use from my maxed out crusader to give to my demon hunter in order to speed up leveling?

Anything that gives bonus experience, and your best gems. A high tier ruby in a weapon will let a new character wreck everything.

BouncyFrag

Just got this on the ps4 and I'm sucked back in again having had enjoyed it on the 360. I'm having a blast as a crusader unlocking skills and getting new gear.

piggychan

I'll send you one now.

IHaveIce

Banned
I guess she loves Monks and hates Demon Hunters, because I am not having any luck trying to get Marauders from her.
Have got 5 marauders and Kridershot from her. But that was probably after 20k of spending bloodshards
Though after nerfing the DH I have kind of trouble to be able to clear higher rifts.

Inna for my Monk. And What is really weird, I imported my Monk from the older 360 version and somehow my lvl 60 fists are still superior to every lvl 70 Weapon. I have the feeling one of them is hacked and I may have got it from a random in CoOp back then. One has a Critical Hit Damage bonus of 280%
I'll send you one now.

Holy moly you are awesome. :O thank you very very much.

Maledict

It's not possible for any item to have +280% crit damage, so yeah they are well and truly hacked. You would think blizzard could at least remove the obvious hacks when porting over...

IHaveIce

Banned
It's not possible for any item to have +280% crit damage, so yeah they are well and truly hacked. You would think blizzard could at least remove the obvious hacks when porting over...

Yeah I assumed they do exactly that. Will probably shift to another weapon to experience the true feeling of a monk lol

h3ro

Grimløck;150098552 said:
Monk. Fists of Az. High CDR. Perma-serenity. Exploding palm. GR 40s-50s. No unity or Torch needed.

Yup! Saw that build posted by Quin on Diablo Fans.

Still working my way with the EP/Pillar build myself. Just got an Ancient Inna's chest from Kadala so now all I need for a full ancient set is an Inna's belt and some ancient Sunwoko's Shrines and Shoulders.

IHaveIce

Banned
hmm can't see you on my diablo friend list yet but will keep trying

actually I found that came a lot quicker than I thought.. i think doing bounties with other players helps time go quicker I guess

Ah yeah, I forgot the adding back thing on the Xbox one is now a must.

HORRORSHØW

Yup! Saw that build posted by Quin on Diablo Fans.

Still working my way with the EP/Pillar build myself. Just got an Ancient Inna's chest from Kadala so now all I need for a full ancient set is an Inna's belt and some ancient Sunwoko's Shrines and Shoulders.
I still don't have an ancient belt or shines and I've been doing okay.

Bought PS4 recently with Diablo 3, really enjoy it :)
Some questions:
- Are Blacksmith's level in campaign carried to Adventure mode (I haven't unlock it)? Same thing with Crafting plans books too?
- I thought the main first attribute stand ("sword") for "damage per second", second ("shield") for "reduce damage", the main third attribute ("+") stands for "health recovery per second", was it?
- Currently I am playing Crusader, I want to get high DPS, which attribute should i focus on?

h3ro

Grimløck;150163301 said:
I still don't have an ancient belt or shines and I've been doing okay.

Yeah but based on the build you had above, you also had Ancient Inna's Pants, Ancient SWK shoulders, a lightning Hellfire ammy and Ancient Crude boots.

Of which I have none.

That's the difference between doing grifts in the upper 40's and my current monk, which starts melting in the upper 30's.

Bought PS4 recently with Diablo 3, really enjoy it :)
Some questions:
- Are Blacksmith's level in campaign carried to Adventure mode (I haven't unlock it)? Same thing with Crafting plans books too?
- I thought the main first attribute stand ("sword") for "damage per second", second ("shield") for "reduce damage", the main third attribute ("+") stands for "health recovery per second", was it?
- Currently I am playing Crusader, I want to get high DPS, which attribute should i focus on?

1. Yes, all the crafters' levels carry over.
2. The icons are DPS, Toughness, and Recovery. Press Square in the inventory menu to see more (better) info
3. Crusaders need Strength. You can ignore Intelligence and Dexterity completely. Vitality is important for all classes. It's best to have Vitality on your Chest, Legs, Belt, and Shoulders (armor). Strength on every piece of armor, of course.

1. Yes, all the crafters' levels carry over.
2. The icons are DPS, Toughness, and Recovery. Press Square in the inventory menu to see more (better) info
3. Crusaders need Strength. You can ignore Intelligence and Dexterity completely. Vitality is important for all classes. It's best to have Vitality on your Chest, Legs, Belt, and Shoulders (armor). Strength on every piece of armor, of course.

Tks, pressing Square for more info is very helpful :)

I ran Act 1 bounties for Horadric Caches since I need RoRG for my Demon Hunter. After 5 caches, I get one to drop. STR roll. RNGeezus, why have you forsaken me?

Krayzie

Just got another witching hour.

463 str
100 resist
5 % atk speed
50 crit dmg

For a stampede sader, I sld roll off atk spd for vit?

Krayzie

Yea i wish i cld do that Raptor.
Not one of the reroll options unfortunately.

So I decided to roll off the attack speed for vit.
I do have probs with wrath regen at times so that should help, along with survivability.

Top Bottom