• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

I done screwed up. I did a trial and slaughtered it getting a Grift that was way above my means. I didn't check to see if my equipment needed repair beforehand and ended up just flat out getting butchered. I wasn't worried about the time so I kept pounding through it with maybe 10 deaths until my equipment was totally in the red. I didn't realize until I died the last 2 times that all my stats plummeted down to around nothing. Even regular mobs were one hitting me. I went back to town and I couldn't repair anything either due to being in the Grift or because I only had 20k in money (managed to somehow take it that close to 0 crafting gems before the grift). So at that point I was pretty much screwed. I had to leave the game and play another character to get the money to fix my first's equipment, losing the grift in the process. Kinda sucks since I've only got one other key.
4V6xFcH.jpg

Do you still get the gem upgrades if you run out of time but finish the grift?

Nothing in your stash you could have sold to raise funds? Obviously a little late now though.

Pons

Neo Member
So I've gotten back into playing d3 on the ps4 after playing other games for a while, I always come back to diablo eventually :)

Looking to acquire a Golden Flense if anyone has a spare one, willing to trade a Mortal Drama or Blade of Prophecy or Maximus, have an extra Roland set helm, extra Thunderfury (str based I beleive), also have an extra legendary pot with regen have some other stuff available, let me know what you are interested in and I can check to see if I have it.

Add me on PSN: PonsArak
just mention gaf in friend request.

Thanks!

btw, i may not be on till 2/6 either early morning or evening est for any potential trades.

Krayzie

Looking to acquire a Golden Flense if anyone has a spare one, willing to trade a Mortal Drama or Blade of Prophecy or Maximus, have an extra Roland set helm, extra Thunderfury (str based I beleive), also have an extra legendary pot with regen have some other stuff available, let me know what you are interested in and I can check to see if I have it.

Should have one in the stash. Will send it over a little later.
Edit: Sorry man, looks like I salvaged it.

How do you get those wings that I see players running around with? If anyone is on XB1 and has one to spare or trade I would be highly greatful.

It's a bonus for those who preordered D3.
Though someone who has it can share it by sending via mail.

How do you get those wings that I see players running around with? If anyone is on XB1 and has one to spare or trade I would be highly greatful.

So I've gotten back into playing d3 on the ps4 after playing other games for a while, I always come back to diablo eventually :)

Add me on PSN: PonsArak
just mention gaf in friend request.

Thanks!

btw, i may not be on till 2/6 either early morning or evening est for any potential trades.

If you didn't get one already I've this kicking about?

AVq3rpV.jpg

Javaman

Nothing in your stash you could have sold to raise funds? Obviously a little late now though.

Nope, I usually keep it pretty tidy. No big deal though, I'll take it as a lesson learned to always repair up before a Greater rift. I don't know if you're able to repair during the thingy or not. I couldn't pick up any gear to repair them individually due to the no skill/equipment changes and the repair all was greyed out either due to that or my lack of funds.

Nope, I usually keep it pretty tidy. No big deal though, I'll take it as a lesson learned to always repair up before a Greater rift. I don't know if you're able to repair during the thingy or not. I couldn't pick up any gear to repair them individually due to the no skill/equipment changes and the repair all was greyed out either due to that or my lack of funds.

Yes you can certainly come out and repair up during Grifts, I've had to do it a few times myself, once you start getting a battering things progressively get worse and worse!

HORRORSHØW

What monk build are you running nowadays?
lightning bells, fire kick, cold tempest rush. trying to see which i can push the farthest with. i've done the best with the tempest rush build so far beating 49.
--
and TnTs are useless for DHs now. anyone play DH? it's so weird now having to use spenders to utilize your sentries.

Pons

Neo Member
No problem at all Krayzie, we will have to get together and play some diablo!

AbandonedTrolley,
That flence would be perfect! Add me on PSN and we can work out a deal or something :)
Psn: PonsArak I will be on PSN tonight after work, probably from 6pm est on, either on d3 or rogue legacy.
We can either do the trade via mail or we can play some d3 if you like, always looking for people to play with.
Let me know what kinda things you might be looking for, I have plenty of gear on my stash for barbs, monks, and crusaders. Some extra legendary potions or follower trinkets etc. Think i have a fire based stone of jordan as well.

No problem at all Krayzie, we will have to get together and play some diablo!

AbandonedTrolley,
That flence would be perfect! Add me on PSN and we can work out a deal or something :)
Psn: PonsArak I will be on PSN tonight after work, probably from 6pm est on, either on d3 or rogue legacy.
We can either do the trade via mail or we can play some d3 if you like, always looking for people to play with.
Let me know what kinda things you might be looking for, I have plenty of gear on my stash for barbs, monks, and crusaders. Some extra legendary potions or follower trinkets etc. Think i have a fire based stone of jordan as well.

No worries will get that done tonight, I'm in the UK so can mail it over in case I don't see you about. If not I should be about quite a bit at the weekend.

Raptor

Ok so I want to try this Condemn Build but I need this gear.

FRYDEHR’S WRATH
BLADE OF PROPHECY

I can trade some stuff like a Kool Aid, a Torch for a monk.

:)

turnbuckle

Not gonna lie - I finally had a few days where I could play recently while sick and didn't see any gaffers on. Getting bored soloing I jumped in a public game and did a trial.....which landed me a lvl 80 something stone. I opted to do that grift with the group and my jaw dropped at how many levels I was getting. Must've gotten over a hundred.

I left the group after feeling dirty. I knew from the stone level there were cheaters but I hadn't played in so long and didn't want to just waste it. But I didn't expect the levels to jump like that! Won't do it again but it was kinda cool having all those paragon points to distribute.

I am bored of my crusader/pony build but hate that the stash is so unforgiving that I have to throw away lots of things I would otherwise experiment with. Wish you could label gear or edit inventory tabs for a build type. Ahh guess that's what mules are for.

How are barbs faring nowadays? Or witch doctors? Thinking about starting a new character soon but am a bit out of touch.

Pons

Neo Member
Hey Turnbuckle, I've played with you a few times in the past, you, me, splaten, krayzie, and fivesixthree.

I have a barb that I like, though I am currently playing on my crusader since I came back.

The build I run with the barb that I had fun with was:
http://www.diablofans.com/builds/39-king-of-frozen-earth-2-1-2-in-progress

I haven't played it since 2.1.2 hit, while its still viable and fun, there may be other more end game builds for barbs tied to 2.1.2.

Its fun jumping all over the place, leaving earthquakes everywhere, though, and having my call of the ancients perma spawned.

I should be playing some this weekend/friday night.

Raptor

Let's talk ;)

:O

Oh we will talk.

I might try that build you posted about the Furnace and CIndercoat, or maybe some DH, I dont know.

I just dont like that much the Torch build to be honest, spamming bells gets boring IMO, the EP with Gungdo Gear however is more fun to use.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
My current D3 class summary.

DH - Still good. I feel much more engaged with the new playstyle, and I like having two skills which I know are good rather than two good skills and one bad one which I have on the bar anyway just because the sentries use it for free. Use Mark for Death to get Hatred on an elite/boss target and you're good to go.

Crusader - Condemned is legit, but ponies is still the best/only option for range, and all melee still gets eaten alive eventually.

Monk - Gungdo and Bells and Gungdo and Bells and Gungdo and Bells. It works. Haven't seen anyone try anything else. Maybe I'll look to experiment after I get my Wizards and Barb (and maybe WD) updated for ancients.

Wiz - Still Firebird. Most everything else is still bad. I like my WOW/EE build that I mentioned a few weeks ago but I use it basically only for standard T6 rifts, and there's a reason why nobody else but me uses it (hint: because it's a melee build).

Barb - Furious Charge is King and is probably the premier build for clearing trash. Leapquake just doesn't do the damage fast enough - all that time you're in the air you're not hitting anything.

WD - Tiki ZDPS or Kukuri for Voodoo spawn. Class is more oriented for group support than DPS lead either way. I need to try the new Wormwood to see if Jade is finally worth a shit on console.

Hopefully tonight isn't as bad as the rest of my work week and I'll be on this time tomorrow.

h3ro

I just dont like that much the Torch build to be honest, spamming bells gets boring IMO, the EP with Gungdo Gear however is more fun to use.

I agree, EP is a blast with the great ancient GG the RNG Gods blessed me with. I still keep the pillars around as my damage dealer to Elites.

Laconic

Banned
I agree, EP is a blast with the great ancient GG the RNG Gods blessed me with. I still keep the pillars around as my damage dealer to Elites.

Man, I run Gundo (yes, lightning), and I STILL cannot get past 32 or so.

Must need Ancient gear. ;/

Or patience - regardless, accept, and I'll send that Cindercoat to you,

drotahorror

HC?

Send me a friend request, psn is BitmapFrogs.

Hardcore.

I'll send you a request. If anyone is playing Hardcore here throw me your PSN ID in a PM or in a post, me and my buddies are looking for more people to play with.

I already died on my baby 70 wizard. Had 16 hours played I think. Got a 70 monk now and it's sick! Also have hellfire amulets/rings/mats etc. My buddy just died on his barb so I powerleveled him in about an hour doing torment 3 rifts. We got to 57 the time before that and the skeleton king teleported from half way across the rift and 1 shotted him haha. Luckily I got him to 70 on his next one with no issues.

But yeah, D3 Hardcore-Gaf hit me up.

drotahorror

Got a similar one on hardcore. Too bad it's the scoundrel :p

In other news, I got a lvl 25 gem of ease now. So with the gem, plus hellfire amy/ring it makes hardcore dying not so bad.

Laconic

Banned
Grimløck;151200077 said:
that's a sick ammy. enchant the holy for a socket and wear the SWK helm instead?

I was debating that, or rolling off the dex for a socket, and utility between a Sader and a Monk.

HORRORSHØW

i think the DH may the most easiest to gear b/c of the lack of superfluous weapon drops. still no ancient krider or etrayu, but i think i have gotten an ancient version of every 2h xbow in a matter of 2-3 days. not only that but you can craft an end-game weapon very easily. currently capped on 47 running a cold build.

Deeku

Ok, I started playing this recently on PS4. My first diablo. Got my crusader dude to 70. Started doing some solo bounties and rifts, having a good time.

Then last night I started trying some random online games. Good fun.

THEN....I enter this game, and the crazy dude host guy starts a trial thing, and he's like going nuuuuuuuuttts. Gets a lvl 99 key. Uses said key, and clears everything while me and the others kinda just stand around/hide......

And now I have 267 million gold and gained 200 paragon levels....WTF...I think that guy ruined my game:(

Ok, I started playing this recently on PS4. My first diablo. Got my crusader dude to 70. Started doing some solo bounties and rifts, having a good time.

Then last night I started trying some random online games. Good fun.

THEN....I enter this game, and the crazy dude host guy starts a trial thing, and he's like going nuuuuuuuuttts. Gets a lvl 99 key. Uses said key, and clears everything while me and the others kinda just stand around/hide......

And now I have 267 million gold and gained 200 paragon levels....WTF...I think that guy ruined my game:(

Yep you're screwed, best thing to have done was leave the game, or delete your save and pick up the cloud save. Best option now really if you don't want to live like that is to delete both local/cloud saves and start all over again.

Don't ever enter random online games, only those from GAF/friends. Not aware of anyone having hacked items on here and running level 99 Grifts.

Deeku

Yep you're screwed, best thing to have done was leave the game, or delete your save and pick up the cloud save. Best option now really if you don't want to live like that is to delete both local/cloud saves and start all over again.

Don't ever enter random online games, only those from GAF/friends. Not aware of anyone having hacked items on here and running level 99 Grifts.
Oh man, good call!! Cloud save didn't update, so was able to delete my current one and replace it with a save from a couple hours ago:D

But yeah, lesson learned. Never again!

Raptor

Grimløck;151248797 said:
i think the DH may the most easiest to gear b/c of the lack of superfluous weapon drops. still no ancient krider or etrayu, but i think i have gotten an ancient version of every 2h xbow in a matter of 2-3 days. not only that but you can craft an end-game weapon very easily. currently capped on 47 running a cold build.

Whats your build and gear exactly?

Getting bored with my monk.

CozMick

Banned
Oh man, good call!! Cloud save didn't update, so was able to delete my current one and replace it with a save from a couple hours ago:D

But yeah, lesson learned. Never again!

Yeah, Blizzard really did fuck themselves over with cross-save. PS3 and 360 were hacked to death.

Completely ruined the coop aspect of the game,

dog$

Hates quality gaming
The game allows save data to be copied and moved from the machine to other storage locations. It would have been hacked all the same even if cross save wasn't allowed.

The coop aspect of the game is fine as long as you know who you're playing with, as has been said repeatedly since vanilla on the old machines as well as now for the past half year.

turnbuckle

The game allows save data to be copied and moved from the machine to other storage locations. It would have been hacked all the same even if cross save wasn't allowed.

Almost definitely true, but has it happened yet? Duping is way too easy but it's not game-breaking in of itself. But the duping of old hacked items totally is.

The coop aspect of the game is fine as long as you know who you're playing with, as has been said repeatedly since vanilla on the old machines as well as now for the past half year.

Totally, but your post sounds a little touchy considering this is the first Diablo the person you're giving advice to has ever played.

I met a lot of good people playing random co-op on PC in vanilla. I've made many online friends playing with strangers on dozens of random online games across PC/console over the years. It's not absurd for a person new to this game to be confused and disappointed by the shenanigans of a random person cheating.

And the GAF community is great for playing with sometimes but it can be hard for someone to ask about playing with members here if their questions are being shot down with responses that are semi-antagonistic.

Heh, I seem a bit touchy myself lol. My girlfriend won't play with me in the game because she feels she'd be embarrassed for not having played since Diablo II. She said she might try it sometime when I'm not around because it looks fun but is too afraid to play online because she thinks she'd be judged by GAF.

I always worry the first time I join a GAF community for a game that the same will happen to myself. But it's always been a great experience. Though even after all the time I've spent with this game, I feel some trepidation in joining more knowledgeable DIII Gaffers. Especially if (like now) I hadn't been playing for awhile. Rust + Not keeping up to date on updates + feeling like I'm holding others back.

FWIW, as I've said many times - I've always loved playing in groups with you.

Laconic

Banned
Yeah, Blizzard really did fuck themselves over with cross-save. PS3 and 360 were hacked to death.

Completely ruined the coop aspect of the game,

If they had just run the items through a code check, it would have made the transition better.

...does such technology exist?

Top Bottom