• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

drotahorror

Can anyone hook me up with hellfire ring/neck materials on hardcore PS4? Shoot me a PM so I can send you my ID. I don't have much in return, only softcore. I have helped out a ton of people on gaf back when the game first came out.

Laconic

Banned
Can anyone hook me up with hellfire ring/neck materials on hardcore PS4? Shoot me a PM so I can send you my ID. I don't have much in return, only softcore. I have helped out a ton of people on gaf back when the game first came out.

You went hardcore on us, then?

All in?

Or do you still play softcore too?

A GAFfer tried to take a crusader to 70 in HC with me (both going for the trophy); he died in the 60s :( I power leveled him back up and he died again :( :(

Krayzie

Grimløck;150326639 said:
hell no. you need atk speed as a pony sader.

Balls!! I better roll the atk speed bk then.

Question now is sld i roll it 5 or 7%?
Taking into consideration that my wrath regen was not the best when I had 5% atk speed on the old belt, I'll have to see if the additional 2% increase causes me any major wrath probs.

Edit: Rolled to 7% and working great so far.

piggychan

it's not that hard tbh, mostly just a chore (and can get a bit hectic/fun if you get low on Health).

Yes I almost died a few times on some boss fights when I was around 60-ish. It is a chore but again if you can find someone to team up with it helps time go by.

Paganmoon

Yo man. When you getting back from your D3 hiatus?
Surprised you haven't been curious to test out the last patch.

Hey! It's been a storm of thing really, been working out of town for a bit, and now I've gotten Dragon Age: inquisition on the PC, so it's eating up all my gaming time :)

Sorry I didn't respond to the invite a few weeks ago, had 10 friends over for Fifa tournament.
I'll be back in a bit, maybe I'll hop on for a bit this weekend, see how my scrub characters hold up, I'll probably go 1 Grift with you and then feel inferior again and stop though :)

Krayzie

Hey! It's been a storm of thing really, been working out of town for a bit, and now I've gotten Dragon Age: inquisition on the PC, so it's eating up all my gaming time :)

Sorry I didn't respond to the invite a few weeks ago, had 10 friends over for Fifa tournament.
I'll be back in a bit, maybe I'll hop on for a bit this weekend, see how my scrub characters hold up, I'll probably go 1 Grift with you and then feel inferior again and stop though :)

Lol. Dont worry.
I wont equip any ancients or leg gems :)
Anyway have fun wit DA:I man. That game gave me 130 hours of pure joy.

drotahorror

Still looking for hellfire mats on hardcore if anyone has them, yes I'm talking about duping materials. hit me up via PM if you have them.

Maledict

I thought they had stopped duping inter console versions. I mostly play local anyways so wouldn't be able to tell.

Although last night I did see a monk literally one shot a T6 rift boss, but figured that was just because monks are so good right now.

drotahorror

Although last night I did see a monk literally one shot a T6 rift boss, but figured that was just because monks are so good right now.

I dunno haven't tried duping forever. I just did it to help people out. Many people from this forum got hellfire rings and whatnot from me via doing it. What you're referring to with the monk is probably a hacked weapon. Definitely separate from duping.

Gem of Ease would be great as well.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
I thought they had stopped duping inter console versions.
Console D3 duping guide:

1) Open mailbox
2) Send items to be duped to another person
3) Quit game before auto save kicks in
4) Reload game
5) Confirm that recipient has items which you have sent and still retain

It's that easy.

Raptor

Console D3 duping guide:

1) Open mailbox
2) Send items to be duped to another person
3) Quit game before auto save kicks in
4) Reload game
5) Confirm that recipient has items which you have sent and still retain

It's that easy.

This is good for Ramaladni Gifts :D

I wish I could have at least 15 in my stash, I have 0.

HORRORSHØW

i've made a huge mistake.

B89FTFLIEAET07E.jpg

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
Man, it's shitty that I can't play with gaffers. it's probably my internet, maybe it's too slow for this game. I can join with randoms just fine, but joining someone from my friend list? nope.

problem with playing with randoms is that a lot of times they've cheated up their asses and their characters pretty much OHK everything in the game. that's not fun.

drotahorror

Man, it's shitty that I can't play with gaffers. it's probably my internet, maybe it's too slow for this game. I can join with randoms just fine, but joining someone from my friend list? nope.

problem with playing with randoms is that a lot of times they've cheated up their asses and their characters pretty much OHK everything in the game. that's not fun.

You try putting your PS4 in a DMZ?

Krayzie

I had 10 of those at one point. Gave away a few and down to just two now.
If anyone needs one, add me on psn @ krayzie_1988.

Grimløck;150478163 said:
i've made a huge mistake.

B89FTFLIEAET07E.jpg

Lol. Must have taken you almost 2 hours.

Krayzie

Seems something is not quite right with my power globes (nephalem glory).
The first one I obtain never procs the double dmg, the 2nd one usualy does.
Then at several times it took 3 to proc (all obtained within mere seconds btw).

Well I just started a grift and it took me 5 fucking globes till I got the damn double dmg.

Anoyone else encountered this?

Edit: Just got an ancient witching hour with the following stats.

646 vit
7% atk spd
36% crit
14% slash dmg

Should I reroll slash dmg to 650 str and replace this with the 50% CD I previously got?

HORRORSHØW

646 vit
7% atk spd
36% crit
14% slash dmg

Should I reroll slash dmg to 650 str and replace this with the 50% CD I previously got?
you're definitely going to want to reroll the useless slash dmg. 463 str and 50% cd vs. 650 str and 36% cd. go with whichever one gives you more dps. also, 646 vit vs. 100 all res.
--
i still need to get an ancient belt myself. all i get are freaking blackthorne's.

Krayzie

Grimløck;150550616 said:
you're definitely going to want to reroll the useless slash dmg. 463 str and 50% cd vs. 650 str and 36% cd. go with whichever one gives you more dps. also, 646 vit vs. 100 all res.
--
i still need to get an ancient belt myself. all i get are freaking blackthorne's.

So stats with the non-ancient belt are:

1967k 9628k 1094k

Ancient:

1952k 10.7m 1003k

The 1k increase in defence is more favourable than the slight decrease in dps no? But losing that 100 all res though.
Which wld you use?

h3ro

So stats with the non-ancient belt are:

1967k 9628k 1094k

Ancient:

1952k 10.7m 1003k

The 1k increase in defence is more favourable than the slight decrease in dps no? But losing that 100 all res though.
Which wld you use?

I go damage. That def difference will be negligible once you pop Akarat's Champion and double it up.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Seems something is not quite right with my power globes (nephalem glory).
The first one I obtain never procs the double dmg, the 2nd one usualy does.
Then at several times it took 3 to proc (all obtained within mere seconds btw).

Well I just started a grift and it took me 5 fucking globes till I got the damn double dmg.

Anoyone else encountered this?

646 vit
7% atk spd
36% crit
14% slash dmg

I have ran into that issue before and it sucks when it happens. It seems to pop up time to time.

Krayzie

I go damage. That def difference will be negligible once you pop Akarat's Champion and double it up.

It's the other way around man.
The defence diff is actually more apparent once akarat is up.

I have ran into that issue before and it sucks when it happens. It seems to pop up time to time.

Hmm. Mine occurs pretty often.
Especially the first globe. I've checked numerous times now and it NEVER procs the DD.

Apart from that, what's your views on my aforementioned belts?

Krayzie

Grimløck;150561785 said:
they're comparable, negligible even. maybe wear the ancient just b/c it's ancient. i really don't know. both are nice, though!

Lol. I had the exact same thoughts on wearing em just cause they'r ancients.
Rolls equally good like these always make me brain hurt :p

h3ro

It's the other way around man.
The defence diff is actually more apparent once akarat is up.

As you're well aware, I'm all about being a glass canon. :lol

Also, same, I equip Ancients just for the sake of it. Love hitting 650 on main stats as well.

quest

Not Banned from OT
Hmm. Mine occurs pretty often.
Especially the first globe. I've checked numerous times now and it NEVER procs the DD.

Apart from that, what's your views on my aforementioned belts?

The belt is awesome congrats on it. Nice it got such a great natural vitality roll since you need to roll it off the helmet and shield for skill damage. Good way to make up some toughness in that spot for a tiny bit of DPS. Now just gotta grind out a RoRG with natural socket so you can get crit damage on it.

Krayzie

The belt is awesome congrats on it. Nice it got such a great natural vitality roll since you need to roll it off the helmet and shield for skill damage. Good way to make up some toughness in that spot for a tiny bit of DPS. Now just gotta grind out a RoRG with natural socket so you can get crit damage on it.

Well I did two more bounties and twice got bracers. Havent seen a RORG since pre-patch.
Can just hope that when I do get one, I get one with a natural socket.
Prob the best time to do it now seeing as how i've been lucky to get some pretty awesome gear the past 24 hours...

Krayzie

As you're well aware, I'm all about being a glass canon. :lol

Also, same, I equip Ancients just for the sake of it. Love hitting 650 on main stats as well.

Your monk's "phallus build" is good and all but you still needs em blue pills (defence) to ensure you sustain long enough to give em demons the pounding they deserve ;P

drotahorror

Hit 70 on my HC wizard. Still looking for Hellfire mats if anyone has them. Just tryin to help some friends out. Shoot me a PM if you can help me. I hooked up 40-50 people here on GAF with hellfire rings/mats back when the game first came out and I spent a ton of time farming them. That was softcore though. Looking for HC hellfire mats and/or Gem of Ease.

ferr

What's the new hotness on DH builds after the update? I thought sentry builds were supposed to be killed off, but I don't see how they're not just as effective, though less passive. It is interesting that the sentry bonus comes from the 4p now.

And it seems like people aren't wearing TnTs that much these days. I see a lot of people with Cindercoat or PF instead..

oh crap this is the UEE thread

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
Hit 70 on my HC wizard. Still looking for Hellfire mats if anyone has them. Just tryin to help some friends out. Shoot me a PM if you can help me. I hooked up 40-50 people here on GAF with hellfire rings/mats back when the game first came out and I spent a ton of time farming them. That was softcore though. Looking for HC hellfire mats and/or Gem of Ease.

HC?

Send me a friend request, psn is BitmapFrogs.

What's the best route to go with HC mode? Made a crusader currently level 20, just thinking later on he might not be as squishy as other classes. Should I try stacking resistances to poisons/arcane etc or just move a bit quicker and be more aware. Have a feeling the later boss fights might be a little too much.

What's the best route to go with HC mode? Made a crusader currently level 20, just thinking later on he might not be as squishy as other classes. Should I try stacking resistances to poisons/arcane etc or just move a bit quicker and be more aware. Have a feeling the later boss fights might be a little too much.

I played HC on Hard with a barb. A shield does wonders. Having high chance to block, armor and resistances to all is great, but don't ignore your DPS. If a fight goes on for too long, your chance of dying is higher. I found strong AOE attacks coupled with +X Life After Kill to be a great way to heal back up between fights. I took a barb to 70 in HC, but doing it with a Crusader would be much easier.

Krayzie

Personally, I think I'd consider rolling the cooldown up to 10% just so I could get to Akarats quicker. The Str and Vit are nice and high but rolling one of them off for the 10% dmg buff is the other option I guess.

Rolling up the CDR did cross my mind but I'm leaning more towards rolling off the vit for 10% dmg, but that's due to me always being power hungry.

Still gonna wait on more advice from the other D3 gaffers be4 rerolling though. Dont want to be hasty and regret my decision later on.

I tell you what to roll, roll it into a gift and send it to me.

How about that?

Lol!! How about I just share some of my luck wit you eh? :p
I got a badass ancient blade of prophecy 30 mins after getting the ancient furnace.
Hour after that, I got another ancient leorics crown which I'm prob stashing till i decide to switch to condemn build. (Need the phalanx dmg on my current one)

RNG gods have been kind to me this week :)

Javaman

I done screwed up. I did a trial and slaughtered it getting a Grift that was way above my means. I didn't check to see if my equipment needed repair beforehand and ended up just flat out getting butchered. I wasn't worried about the time so I kept pounding through it with maybe 10 deaths until my equipment was totally in the red. I didn't realize until I died the last 2 times that all my stats plummeted down to around nothing. Even regular mobs were one hitting me. I went back to town and I couldn't repair anything either due to being in the Grift or because I only had 20k in money (managed to somehow take it that close to 0 crafting gems before the grift). So at that point I was pretty much screwed. I had to leave the game and play another character to get the money to fix my first's equipment, losing the grift in the process. Kinda sucks since I've only got one other key.
4V6xFcH.jpg

Do you still get the gem upgrades if you run out of time but finish the grift?

Top Bottom