• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo III: Ultimate Evil Edition |OT| Loot has never looked this good before!

HORRORSHØW

Whats your build and gear exactly?
items:
6pc mauraders with hexing pants or prides fall.
bombadier's rucksack.
any 2h xbow that's 3k+ dps. you can easily craft an ancient arcane barb. still trying to get an ancient krider or ancient etrayu, but i am using a regular lenoine and odyssey's end if i'm not pushing grifts.
rorg.
stone of jordan.
hellfire ammy.
zei's. bane of the trapped. bane of the powerful.

skills:
evasive fire: the 7 hatred-regen rune (your hatred-regen skill)
cluster arrow: maelstrom (your hatred-dump skill)
sentries: polar sentries
preparation: punishment (another hatred-regen skill)
vault: tumble (your "oh shit, i gtg out of here quick" skill)
companion: wolf

passives:
ballistics.
steady aim.
cull the weak (via hf ammy).
custom engineering.
awareness.
--
you're going to die. maybe a lot. thunderstorm elite affix will be your worst enemy. you don't have the benefit of 2x unity. you just have to learn to dodge shit and turn diablo into a bullet-hell shmup. it's a pretty cookie-cutter cold build. i am messing around with other bows for fun as i get them, though.

Raptor

Thanks Grimløck!

Im researching why Hexing Pants since to shot you have to be still, I do have a pair of Ancient ones somewhere.

I will start playing a DH now :p

HORRORSHØW

Thanks Grimløck!

Im researching why Hexing Pants since to shot you have to be still, I do have a pair of Ancient ones somewhere.

I will start playing a DH now :p
n/p. you can stutter step and kite enemies backwards with hexing pants. you can also use pride's fall (you can get this from act 3 bounties) if you don't like stutter stepping. it's just less lenient in you taking no damage.

Raptor

Grimløck;151349594 said:
n/p. you can stutter step and kite enemies backwards with hexing pants. you can also use pride's fall (you can get this from act 3 bounties) if you don't like stutter stepping. it's just less lenient in you taking no damage.

stutter stepping = move -> fire -> move -> fire

Right?

Could be a good strategy because with a DH you always have to keep moving if not you are as good as dead lols.

HORRORSHØW

stutter stepping = move -> fire -> move -> fire

Right?

Could be a good strategy because with a DH you always have to keep moving if not you are as good as dead lols.
yeah. and yeah, you need to keep moving from dying so might as well benefit from it lol.

HORRORSHØW

So what is the optimal DH build now?

Is it still Slowball Lit?
i think m6 physical/fire/cold are all end-game viable and comparable. people high on the ladder are using the fire build with multishot:aresenal or cluster arrow with loaded for bear. others are using the cold build with maelstrom. and there's the physical build with shooting stars. personally i've done the best with the cold build but i'm going to start switching things around.

as for lightning, i think it's still viable, but not as strong as it once was due to the changes to smoke screen and nightstalker.

Ferrio

Banned
Question: How is diablo on the ps4? Should there be any reason I get the PC version over the PS4? Kinda interested in how controller support works.

Question: How is diablo on the ps4? Should there be any reason I get the PC version over the PS4? Kinda interested in how controller support works.

It's great! I was apprehensive about the controls since I was so used to m+kb, but the controls are fine.

PS4 version doesn't get seasons, but they do get season items added to the loot table. If you want season play, then get the PC version.

IbukiLordSA

Grimløck;151346552 said:
items:
6pc mauraders with hexing pants or prides fall.
bombadier's rucksack.
any 2h xbow that's 3k+ dps. you can easily craft an ancient arcane barb. still trying to get an ancient krider or ancient etrayu, but i am using a regular lenoine and odyssey's end if i'm not pushing grifts.
rorg.
stone of jordan.
hellfire ammy.
zei's. bane of the trapped. bane of the powerful.

skills:
evasive fire: the 7 hatred-regen rune (your hatred-regen skill)
cluster arrow: maelstrom (your hatred-dump skill)
sentries: polar sentries
preparation: punishment (another hatred-regen skill)
vault: tumble (your "oh shit, i gtg out of here quick" skill)
companion: wolf

passives:
ballistics.
steady aim.
cull the weak (via hf ammy).
custom engineering.
awareness.

Pretty much running the same setup except I recently switched from a bombadier's rucksack to a Spines of Seething Hatred after Kadala dropped an Ancient one which lets Chakram generate 4 hatred so switched out evasive fire with Chakram as a hatred generator which now allows my Sentries to fire chakram and cluster bombs, I found my DPS went up quite a bit as I could now go from struggling on Grift 38 to getting through grift 40's quite comfortably.

Runs at 1080/60 most of the time, has to get VERY hectic to see any drops in frame rate. Controls work well, 4 player couch co-op if that floats your boat, worst part is when people come to allocating skills. Most of my friends now have gotten used to quick equip for items so that's one less slow down for us running.

Ferrio

Banned
Runs at 1080/60 most of the time, has to get VERY hectic to see any drops in frame rate. Controls work well, 4 player couch co-op if that floats your boat, worst part is when people come to allocating skills. Most of my friends now have gotten used to quick equip for items so that's one less slow down for us running.

How's online matchmaking?

How's online matchmaking?

You can find randoms to party up with easily, but a lot of them are using hacked gear that got transferred from PS3 accounts. It's incredibly unfun when you're running a rift and some guy just runs around one shotting everything. Play with GAFfers and people you know, and you'll be fine.

Ferrio

Banned
You can find randoms to party up with easily, but a lot of them are using hacked gear that got transferred from PS3 accounts. It's incredibly unfun when you're running a rift and some guy just runs around one shotting everything. Play with GAFfers and people you know, and you'll be fine.

Hrm. That makes me think I'll just get expansion on PC if anything since I already own the base. Just figured controller support might be more relaxing.

Hrm. That makes me think I'll just get expansion on PC if anything since I already own the base. Just figured controller support might be more relaxing.

Oh, it totally is relaxing to play with a Dualshock 4. Just sitting in my chair, leaning back and holding the controller on my lap...

drotahorror

diabloiii_reaperofsoumkpjb.jpg

Boon of the hoarder + Goldwrap OP hah. It's cool that I can get 10-20million every rift as well.

This fire monk is outta control. 350million crits with wave of light (massive AoE too).

Don't even get me started on exploding palm. I'm waiting for someone to come up with a sick build but the build I'm rolling with is alright. Exploding palm (with 850k damage) does 1.2 billion crits when it explodes with the gear I have.

It's been fun starting over from scratch on Hardcore. No one gave me shit this time around, no trades, no nothing. And now I'm doing t6 no problem in about a weeks time. Just got the crusader relic too where he doesn't die. I got an Ancient one for the scoundrel.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
Almost definitely true, but has it happened yet?
Yeah.

I don't recall seeing triple socketed belts in vanilla, and even if I did miss them, they didn't have Level 65535 Legendary Gems in them at that point.

your post sounds a little touchy considering this is the first Diablo the person you're giving advice to has ever played.
It's just exasperating. The whole cycle is depressing and exasperating.

"DON'T JOIN PUBS" is a mantra repeated every time the game is mentioned in a new thread here, and every time a person posts in this thread for the first time, and yet the cycle still continues to happen.

Regardless of that, the game makes it abundantly clear every time you gain a new Paragon Level, so even if you are completely ignorant of the situation and blindly walk into it, you have no excuse to allow it to continue after 30 seconds of seeing what's going on, especially if you are at a low PL and gain new levels every second. Considering how long it takes to get to 70 before that point, anyone should be able to recognize that what is happening at that point is out of the ordinary.

Further regardless of both of those points, if you know how to find this thread after the fact to post about the experience, you also how know to find this thread before playing to do due diligence on what to do and not do in the game. Look at what Ferrio has done here. He's doing his homework and is now informed. He has asked questions and has received helpful answers.

This is what makes it all so exasperating. The questions are publicly asked and constructively answered again and again, and helpful advice is given publicly again and again, and yet people still get fucked over.

Raptor

Couldn't do it with a Hexing Pants, I honestly dont know how to stutter.

Changed to Cindercoat, I have a base damage of 1499k so is not that bad.

I need to find Ancient Marauder stuff and my search for that Ancient Kridershot continues.

HORRORSHØW

Couldn't do it with a Hexing Pants, I honestly dont know how to stutter.

Changed to Cindercoat, I have a base damage of 1499k so is not that bad.

I need to find Ancient Marauder stuff and my search for that Ancient Kridershot continues.
stutter stepping takes some getting used to. you can always use a prides fall if you're confident in not getting hit.

i need more ancient marauder pieces, too. only have 2 so far. and i don't know how much an ancient krider will help with higher rifts. as long as you can manage your hatred, i think a 2h xbow will be better b/c of the high damage.

IbukiLordSA

I got an Ancient Kridershot but it has awful stats :( my standard legendary one is hugely superior to it. Currently using an Ancient Etrayu for a cold build but recently picked up an Ancient Uskang with some pretty great stats so might go with a Lightning Build soon.

Wearing full ancient marauder set at the moment, want to start farming for a Pride's Fall though.

Raptor

I have lots of mats, alright then I think I will try and craft a badass ancient arcane barb :)

Hatred management will be easier for me that stutter steping at this moment.

Fjordson

Finally got around to playing this after buying it digitally on PS4 near Christmas.

This isn't news but...it's great! Looks great, performs wells and it controls really well with a controller. Also seems like all of the menus and inventory management transitioned well to consoles. And there are just smart changes, like the roll on the right stick, or the quick "equip - compare - junk" etc. pop up when you pick up new loot (I barely played launch D3 on PC, but I believe that's new for this).

Chose to go Crusader for my first character. Liking him so far.

h3ro

Just had this drop, what gear should I be looking for for a decent condemn build? Currently Pony.

emVCRLM.jpg
Besides the requisite Freydyr's wrath shield and Akkhan's set stuff the main thing you'll need is holy skill buffs. Basically the shotgun and condemn builds are the same besides weapon/shields.

HORRORSHØW

Here is my Demon Hunter, think I have gone as far as I can with this class now as a cold build, might move over to Monk.

https://fbcdn-sphotos-g-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xpf1/t31.0-8/p640x640/10988976_10153650141738065_8973855400355464031_o.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoiYiJ9[/IM][/QUOTE]
that's a sick bow. how far have you gone with it? curious how much bow vs. 2h xbows differ. the most i've pushed was 48 using the cold build with a 2h xbow.

IbukiLordSA

I haven't gone past a grift 42 yet, I always opt for gem upgrades but can get through a decent grift 42 with about 7 minutes to spare. Going to need to start going higher now though as my gems are hitting 60% upgrade chance now.

Before the patch I could do grift44 with my Monk so interested to see how that changes.

I have an Ancient Danetta's Revenge and Calamaty and this build easily out damages them. The Quiver's have great perks.

Nokterian

Hi all been a while playing it on my PS4..just need bit of help i know i still haven't finished the campaign to unlock adventure mode (i play to much on pc hehe) but can anyone help me blast through the last chapter to kill matheal tonight? This is for EU you can add me on PSN if you want. My nickname is the same as here just want to get this out of the way so i can start playing :)

Raptor

I have now close to 1900k dps with an Ancient Arcane Barb :)

And Sil brought me luck because I could get a very nice rolled Pride's fall helmet wt the first try :O

Still trying to adapt to the gameplay :p

Hey Krazye what the hell happened man, you just went offline and never came back.

IbukiLordSA

Duel Wield Demon Hunters which would be the best option here?

I have heard that Main Hand bow should be Calamity but what would be best to use offhand between these 2. I have yet to fully understand the whole duel wield mechanic. I am searching for an Ancient Bellfire Caster though to use in off hand but for now this is all I have.

I mainly do cold damage, currently at 60% cold damage so not sure how the fire damage and straight damage works on the weapons.

10960132_10153667762378065_57117352479030592_o.jpg

HORRORSHØW

i use nat's slayer and calamity for a dual wielding strafe build. also cold. nat's slayer for the RoV spam mainly. currently at gr38 with it. don't see the build pushing past 40.

IbukiLordSA

Hm don't have an Ancient Nat's Slayer yet, with the Calamity and Revenge I can get to grift 41 but cannot complete a 42 grift on time. Hoping that will change when I get a Bellfire Caster and switch to a fire build.

HORRORSHØW

this is what i use for fire strafe. still do better with cold with no ancient calamity.
B-CTsqbCEAIauJH.jpg:large

--
and the barb is kinda ridiculous. 45 with no ancient gear. sucks shit at single-target damage, tho.

IbukiLordSA

Nice Balefire, once I get one of those I'm going fire build with that in offhand and Calamity on Main Hand.

Why did you roll holy damage on Slayer? I've read that these stats are useless but haven't found any confirmation on it.

I'm thinking of using my normal legendary Slayer to replace one of the ancient off hands at least with that I will get the 3 set bonus since I use reflection for one of my rings. Might be able to push to grift 42.

13104_10153371027873065_9168651426611436305_n.jpg

FELLzilla

Neo Member
Any chance of someone with a spare Quetzalcoatl on Xbox One being able to post it to me? GT is my username.

Hate to ask, but gambling and farming for one is starting to wear me down.

stn

How exactly do you gift lvl 70 items? A friend and I want to help each other out with the "have all lvl 70 gear" achievement. Thanks.

h3ro

How exactly do you gift lvl 70 items? A friend and I want to help each other out with the "have all lvl 70 gear" achievement. Thanks.

Go to the mail box, create mail, pick your friend then pick the items you want to send him.

Fjordson

As a Crusader, I should always have a shield right? Even with a 2H since there's that passive skill that lets me use a 2H + shield combo.

Probably a dumb question, but just making sure.

h3ro

As a Crusader, I should always have a shield right? Even with a 2H since there's that passive skill that lets me use a 2H + shield combo.

Probably a dumb question, but just making sure.

The most prominent/powerful builds take advantage of the 2H+Shield combo to maximize damage, so usually yes, you should if you have the gear to do so.

dog$

Hates quality gaming
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=993836

This game story is......

Some dude named Diablo I guess wants to kill everything, thats it.

Once you kill diablo there isn't really a reason to play anymore.

I mean, you killed diablo.
And! --
So the other day I joined a game and all the sudden I had like 400 paragons and I felt bad, did I did something wrong or what?
thirteen posts later...
also done some online endgame stuff, I gained like 800 levels or something stupid one time cos I grouped with a guy who basically destroyed everything.
Oh, man, I needed a laugh today. You guys are the best <3

piggychan

Any chance of someone with a spare Quetzalcoatl on Xbox One being able to post it to me? GT is my username.

Hate to ask, but gambling and farming for one is starting to wear me down.

I will try and remember to do it later... although kinda busy with the spring cleaning XD

Top Bottom