• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Ovech-King

Wow Sorcerer is very good ; infinite basic long range attack and the mana pool is filling fast so you can send the 5 shards attacks that DOES cost mana (like rogue) a whole lot of time back to back on top of your basic attack. I liked Necromancer but I dig him even more

Last edited:

DeceptiveAlarm

Gold Member
I've been having a good time. I'm only lvl 31 so I'm just chipping away. Tonight I have horrible lag though started a little while ago. I gave up and got off.

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member
Finally finished the campaign.

Going after all Lilith Altars and after that farming red stuff at PvP
I just finished gathering the Alters today and one in the PVP area was being guarded by some guys just sitting by it killing people trying to tag it.

They got me twice so I took a break of about 2 hours and came back and they were still at it but I finally grabbed it

Beat the 70 capstone solo at 65. My damage output was sufficient but my survivability was non-existent. I couldn't take a single hit during the boss fight or I'd die lol

GenericUser

I’m struggling. Maybe because I’m still kind of new to this genre.

So I started with the Necromancer on World Tier 2. I’m currently level 31 and I’m plowing through everything. My army of skeleton warrior, mages and one blood golem are a site. A kind of annoying looking site. But I don’t think I’ve died once with this class.

I have tried every other class and they are just way harder and I find myself dying quite a bit.

I just don’t feel like I’m playing the other classes right. And I feel like I’m having to manage each engagement way more than the Necromancer.
Each class is very different from the other and requires a different playstyle. Some classes are also simply better then others, the balancing is not perfect yet. You can google build guides (maxroll.gg for example) if you want, or you can try to figure out how a class really works on your own. Its your choice. From my experience though, necro is more or less easy mode (in the early game at least). I play him at the moment, just to get a feel for the character and I don't even have to use all the tools he gives me, to quickly kill all the enemies.

Gaelyon

I've finally bought Diablo 4 on PC last evening, busy weeks now I got some play time scheduled.
But after 2+ hours downloading the game crashed 100% on boot, not even pass the Blizzard logo at the very beginning...
I've played the beta and it was totally fine, not a single crash. So, grumbling, I started the well known routine of trying to fix something on PC : upgrading drivers, uninstalling random apps, repairing the files, deleting old beta files and so on, to no avail, game still instantly crashed on boot on my fine rig... PC gaming ladies and gentlemen.
Then, after lots of frustration, I finally found the culprit : Razer. The useless Razer's chroma something app just happen to crash Diablo on boot. F**k Razer really. The game run fine after that, but it was well past bed time. F**k Razer.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
I'm happy nerfing Ruins of Eridu put the discussion of lackluster endgame progression (mob density & xp) to the forefront.
Its not just endgame, the nerds just care about endgame as they reach it within days but the game itself is equally lackluster in regards to mob density, itemisation etc.

Its the first Diablo game I have no intention to finish any time soon. :'(

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I learnt that on my first hardcore run. Avoid bosses until you are geared and leveled up to the hilt.
You playing HC too? Join me and Antwix Antwix and get mad. I'm gonna start my 4th attempt a little bit later after I take care of some IRL stuff that I've been ignoring the past few days lol.

GHG

You playing HC too? Join me and Antwix Antwix and get mad. I'm gonna start my 4th attempt a little bit later after I take care of some IRL stuff that I've been ignoring the past few days lol.

I'm not anymore I'm not.

6asgz1.png

Got to level 17 and then decided I'm going to get through the game in its entirety first before trying HC again.

I got a greatstaff of the crone a few days ago, left it in inventory and didn't pay much attention since it wasn't specific to my pulverize build.

I find a nice endgame build with only that staff and now I can't find it in my inventory or stash. Must of salvaged it like a dumb fuck

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Yep.

The real problem is that the itemization in this game is absolutely dogshit and itemization is the core of a good ARPG. If your itemization loop is good you can get away with less engaging content, but no content can save you from the bad itemization.

Everyone had been saying that since the beta though, and Blizzard either doesn't listen or just doesn't understand how to fix it.
They will fix it. Just like d3

Freeman76

I have a decent aoe build now using frost nova that explodes and jjumps to other targets, fireball that detonates a whole shitload of frozen mobs, and a staff that shoots 3 fireballs, can clear a whole room im seconds. However, bosses are a different story I feel like a gerbil fighting a panther 🤣🤣

Besides stash and inventory, I guess it couldnt of gone anywhere else eh? Fuck I'm pissed after myself. Some people have been farming for this non stop and here I go and salvage it by mistake

Orbital2060

Maybe I got liucky, but I got a full set of legendaries at lvl 42.

05a2f405-b0ce-476b-aa4ufc2.png

Completed Act III, and thought it was really fucking good. That thing with Meshif and Lorath, and a dying mans last words considering events in Diablo 3.

Got the mount from Donan right away in chapter IV. Epic moment. Seriously, felt like getting a horsie in WoW first time. All that time spent running around to get to this point. All worth it.

cd8c5f38-6369-4a2b-aby4fac.png

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Besides stash and inventory, I guess it couldnt of gone anywhere else eh? Fuck I'm pissed after myself. Some people have been farming for this non stop and here I go and salvage it by mistake
You sure you missed it? Sometimes items can get lost in the clutter. Do a sort and make sure. I've been in your situation before where I'm like "where the fuck is my item" but I find it 5 minutes later. I tend to find what I'm looking for because I upgraded them, but in your case I guess that's not very useful information haha

You sure you missed it? Sometimes items can get lost in the clutter. Do a sort and make sure. I've been in your situation before where I'm like "where the fuck is my item" but I find it 5 minutes later. I tend to find what I'm looking for because I upgraded them, but in your case I guess that's not very useful information haha
Yeah I've looked 4-5 times and nope, no more golden items oh well

GymWolf

Gold Member
Yeah what is the fucking deal with the butcher? It appeared twice in different places, made me his bitch and then he disappeared...

Last edited:

Antwix

Yeah what is the fucking deal with the butcher? It appeared twice in different places, made me his bitch and then he disappeared...
yeah he's just a really rare spawn in random dungeons. if you die, he despawns. if you take too long to kill him, he despawns.

MastAndo

Man, all the hoarding has caught up to me and I'm now in inventory cleanup mode, which is no fun. I've been stuffing all legendaries and some rares with high item power into my stash to deal with later, and at level 61, that later is now. I want to extract useful aspects from legendaries and salvage all those with the same but weaker aspect, and it's a headache to sort through with no real sorting/searching options.

I'm just now learning what to focus on when looking for good rolls with the most important affixes, based on how damage works...but say, if a rare is a good roll and in the same item power tier but significantly lower than what I'm using, is it still viable? Upgrading can only get the item power and DPS so high, so I guess I'm having trouble figuring out which gear I can dismiss right away to keep things moving.

Last edited:

Mossybrew

After the first couple times I now just stand there and let him kill me when he appears. Like, fine, let's just get this over with quickly.

Also is there a reason the game doesn't let you teleport out of story dungeons like any other dungeon? Kind of annoying.

TylerD

Maybe I got liucky, but I got a full set of legendaries at lvl 42.

05a2f405-b0ce-476b-aa4ufc2.png

Completed Act III, and thought it was really fucking good. That thing with Meshif and Lorath, and a dying mans last words considering events in Diablo 3.

Got the mount from Donan right away in chapter IV. Epic moment. Seriously, felt like getting a horsie in WoW first time. All that time spent running around to get to this point. All worth it.

cd8c5f38-6369-4a2b-aby4fac.png

Nice, I just finished Act 3 last night and also at level 42 but with a thiccc girl druid. I agree that Act 3 was really solid and have heard the story gets going even more later on. The mount is indeed great.

One of the best moments I've had in this game was when I was beating a dungeon to get a aspect that gives my primary basic skill (wind shear) a chance to fill up my spirit all the way on one use and when I killed the boss in the dungeon, I got a legendary totem that makes my primary core skill (tornado) track enemies. It was just 1 of 3 on the roll but still really cool. I used it for a long time until I found a 2 handed staff last night that eclipsed the damage by my 1-hander + totem by 140 so.

I am running into an issue where I don't have the mats to be able to imprint a legendary aspect to jewelry, and that's annoying because I'm not finding much legendary jewelry to salvage to attempt to get those mats. I'm sure it will be better when I am done with the story and start doing the dungeons and events more. I'm trying to beat the game and get to WT3 by level 50 so experience doesn't drop off a ton from what I've heard.

Last edited:
Top Bottom