• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

SCB3

60here, i would suggest depending on how strong u feeling, either go finish world rank to 3 upgrade dungeon(u got grey quest about it, like class quest), or/and do some rep farming/lilith altars farming, there are maps online with locations, those renown bonuses are huge and will work even for ur alts.

Remember mobs scale with ur lvl in most cases(few exceptions, like that world rank-difficulty upgrade dungeon) so say u got gear 15-20lvls lower and keep lvling up- u actuallly can feel getting urself weaker in comparision.
In this game gearing is super important.

Aspects on ur legendaries are key, optimal(relatively optimal) build helps a ton too so worth it to check guides or at least put in some thoughts so ur custom build makes sense even if its not meta/super optimal yet.
Usuaually one ez upgrade is weapon with big dps, u can even upgrade it to lvl 3 with relatively cheap mats cost for even more bonuses.
So did the Whispers to unlock the Capstone Dungeon, which I need to do at Tier 2, not a big issue as I played most of the game at that,

Gear wise something is confusing me, I have aspects on a lot of my gear and I like them, I've also used the Occulist to put them on from older gear so I cannot reuse them, but now I'm starting to see better armor without aspects coming in, how important is Gear score right now compared to basic level?

Hoppa

Anyone got a good build for Barb? I had a decent tornado build going but stupidly felt experimental so respec’d like an idiot and now my spin lasts like 1.5 seconds :messenger_downcast_sweat:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Wait a moment, you already lost 3 characters permanently? Is the chance that high or you just played 1000 hours already?

How is this ok and why people are not rioting online?
I've played for a lot of hours already. I have an 82 softcore Barbarian as well, but I decided to dabble in Hardcore mode. I'd say my total time in Hardcore mode is about 30 hours?

It's okay because I knew what I was getting into when I started :)

Are we now in season 1 or season 1 has yet to start?

To cut short, how much time i have before they reset my ass for the new season?
We are not in season 1 yet. They're not going to reset you when season 1 starts. It's up to you if you want to create a new character for the new season, or continue using your old character on the non-season "eternal realm".

GymWolf

Gold Member
I've played for a lot of hours already. I have an 82 softcore Barbarian as well, but I decided to dabble in Hardcore mode. I'd say my total time in Hardcore mode is about 30 hours?

It's okay because I knew what I was getting into when I started :)

We are not in season 1 yet. They're not going to reset you when season 1 starts. It's up to you if you want to create a new character for the new season, or continue using your old character on the non-season "eternal realm".
I'm not familiar with this, what they do with new seasons? New story content, dungeons, enemies, skills etc?

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I'm not familiar with this, what they do with new seasons? New story content, dungeons, enemies, skills etc?

The way it works in Diablo 3 is that every season has new game mechanics to try out. Sometimes, if those mechanics are popular enough, they migrate into the main game.

The devs have stated that their vision for seasons in Diablo 4 is more robust than in Diablo 3, so I expect something more content-heavy than just a few new mechanics. What that is exactly, however, is still not known.

SCB3

Damn the firs Capstone is no joke at level 45, I managed to make it to the boss (The High Council) and after nearly an hour fighting them, finally beat them, only to see theres a second dungeon!

Are these checkpointed? Like can I log off and come back to this later?

GymWolf

Gold Member
I need to start playing in english because i have no idea what you people are talking about most of the time.

Like what are those capstone bosses people talk about? I'm level 49 and i have no idea what those are...

Last edited:

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
I need to start playing in english because i have no idea what you people are talking about most of the time.

Like what are those capstone bosses people talk about? I'm level 49 and i have no idea what those are...
In order to progress to World Tier 3, you need to first complete the capstone dungeon in Kyovashad.

Freeman76

Just got this from a vase 🤣
cr6uNh2.jpg

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Steamrolled Lilith, credits rolling, the last two acts were absolutely spectacular from the set-pieces to the cutscenes, the narrative delivery to the bosses. Need sleep, will gather my thoughts tomorrow, no doubt this is a GOTY contender and *probably* the best Diablo to date, need to let that marinate more though and dig into the endgame first.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
What’s the current consensus on the most powerful class in the game, for DPS/Survivability? I heard they massively nerfed every class except Necromancer in the first week.

Draugoth

Gold Member
What’s the current consensus on the most powerful class in the game, for DPS/Survivability? I heard they massively nerfed every class except Necromancer in the first week.

Every class is OP with the right build and gear.

Im playing with a Storm Druid and im wrecking everything so far but i have low survivability, i even managed to solo a broken boss from a quest.

You will have to play throughout the campaign again with a new character from scratch.

PeteBull

So did the Whispers to unlock the Capstone Dungeon, which I need to do at Tier 2, not a big issue as I played most of the game at that,

Gear wise something is confusing me, I have aspects on a lot of my gear and I like them, I've also used the Occulist to put them on from older gear so I cannot reuse them, but now I'm starting to see better armor without aspects coming in, how important is Gear score right now compared to basic level?
Personally i wouldnt look at gearscore as much as particular stats u need, sometimes 20lvl lower item is better for u vs higher lvl one, if it has combo of stats ur build paerticulary needs vs 20lvls higher but with combo of stats ur class doesnt like, especially if we talking legendery aka aspect, aspects or even better- combos of aspecsts between ur different gear pieces can make u visibly stronger.
From my own example(summon necro) i still use sacred 50 lvl 2h weapon and legendary but normal pants lvl 40 at lvll 61, simply coz everything i found till now, even sacred items with more item power had worse stats.

Zathalus

Barbarian/Druid. Sorcerer is considered the weakest. This is at endgame. Leveling is quite different.

Draugoth

Gold Member
I bought the Horse Package with 800 points from the Blizzard Store. It's the only thing worth from the store, because you can use the coins to buy the Season Pass 2 once it releases.

• Surprised
Reactions: GHG

Draugoth

Gold Member
I feel like you were one of the people who were hating on mtx the most?

Yes, whomever they confirmed they wont give you enough Platinum Points with the Season Pass 1 to buy Season Pass 2 for free and i want the Season Pass 2.

Still not buying anything in the cosmetic shop. The Season Pass with 90 Tiers is $10, each armor cosmetic is $20+

Blizzard cant go fuck themselves with the in-game store prices.

Last edited:

SCB3

I bought the Horse Package with 800 points from the Blizzard Store. It's the only thing worth from the store, because you can use the coins to buy the Season Pass 2 once it releases.
Yea I tend to go for deals like that if I want the BP as well, Fortnite was always pretty decent about that as well when I played it, plus if Plat is in teh Bp, pays for itself really

So, I couldn't do the Capstone's final boss at level 45 so decided to quit out and go level up to 50 and get some better gear, think I have a nice Poison Rogue build going on now with aspects focussing on making enemies vunerable when poisoned, do less damage and then hit them with my ultimate which gets massive cooldowns per kill, I call it a "Everything will die" build

Also I've been having fun for a good 5 hours or so just doing solo dungeons to unlock all of the aspects I can plus the Whispering Tree rewards stuff, up to Level 47 now. Man this game should pull the Dungeon Roulette from FFXIV for LFG, would be super nice and a great causal game with that to help level

oh I've kept it on WT2, at least it gets me used to harder modes now

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
So, I couldn't do the Capstone's final boss at level 45 so decided to quit out and go level up to 50 and get some better gear, think I have a nice Poison Rogue build going on now with aspects focussing on making enemies vunerable when poisoned, do less damage and then hit them with my ultimate which gets massive cooldowns per kill, I call it a "Everything will die" build

I tested multiple builds with my Druid (like 10 or so) and spent like 1mm gold respeccing, only the Storm build was good enough without proper building items. Most builds will only be good if you have legendary items or aspects that make your skills for that build better.

I would suggest testing meta builds to see which one is the best:

G-Bus

Banned
Enjoying the game and all but I don't get these people saying it's too easy?

Im dieing to random mobs with my sorcerer if I'm not careful at times. Level 26. Feel like in doing something wrong.

I've respec'd a lot now and can't seem to land on anything that feels really good. Purely lightning right now and it feels the best out of everything I've tried.

j0hnnix

Anyone available to help me kill Elias asshole to get me to wt4. I'm right at the boss 😂 the adds just drop me like hot knife through butter. I'm 65. I'm in the NeoGAF guild(chiquis), typing with Xbox controller is so blahhh.

Welp. Nvm game crashed and lost it. Oh well.

Last edited:

nikos

I read about the seasonal renown reset but do we know what else resets? I can't help but wonder if I'm wasting my time doing things that will end up resetting when Season 1 releases. It's preventing me from playing the game.

Last edited:

Freeman76

I'm totally hooked on this game. I have so many games to play, and this fucker is taking all my time up.

The rog ally is amazing and helping me play at all hours in bed lol.
Even though it feels like Salvage Simulator 2023 most of the time, i still cant stop playing

SCB3

Now I'm a 47 Rogue and discovered Shadow imbuements, these are fun explody things! Still need to focus on a build but I have a nice system going on I think, got rid of Dash as I barely used it and instead 2 imbuements, traps and arrows are the focus, I feel like I can handle the Capstone dungeon a lot better now, most of my Armor has abilities related to what I do now (I still want that one where I can lay stacking Traps, but thats pure RNG)

I do have a question though, is it worth keeping Weapons/Armor for the other classes when they drop? I've mainly been selling them but I do eventually want to do the other classes (a new one every season I think would be fun, I do something similar in Destiny)

Methos#1975

Now I'm a 47 Rogue and discovered Shadow imbuements, these are fun explody things! Still need to focus on a build but I have a nice system going on I think, got rid of Dash as I barely used it and instead 2 imbuements, traps and arrows are the focus, I feel like I can handle the Capstone dungeon a lot better now, most of my Armor has abilities related to what I do now (I still want that one where I can lay stacking Traps, but thats pure RNG)

I do have a question though, is it worth keeping Weapons/Armor for the other classes when they drop? I've mainly been selling them but I do eventually want to do the other classes (a new one every season I think would be fun, I do something similar in Destiny)
I've kept a few uniques and legendaries but I assume better more defined stuff drops when actually playing that character

Joramun

Somewhat late to the party, but fellow legacy Diablo players... PC or console? I've always played Diablo where it belonged, on the PC, but the D2 ports were good and I found myself playing a fair bit on my PS5... I heard conflicting reports that the D4 UX is not nearly as optimized for the console/couch experience as D3 was.
I'm playing on PC but with an xbox controller. Best of both worlds for D4.

Freeman76

How do the Nightmare Dungeons work in regards to world tiers? Now I reached WT 4, if I go back and do lower level sigils will there still be WT4 drops?

Topher

Gold Member
I'm really getting sick of the level scaling. I keep getting my ass handed to me from the same boss. Grinding is entirely pointless in this game.

I'm really getting sick of the level scaling. I keep getting my ass handed to me from the same boss. Grinding is entirely pointless in this game.
If you leave the items on the ground or just slap stuff on without reading the effect descriptions it sure is. If you actually make a gear based synergistic build it isn't....
And to that end the farmable aspects from the codex are easily sufficient to steamroll anything till at least WT3

Last edited:

TheDarkPhantom

Gold Member
Currently tearing through World Tier 3, where is the dude who said "good luck" with Act V on WT2? I steamrolled the last 2 acts of the game lol.

Got my first Tree of Whispers reward, felt like Christmas with all the goodies that popped out, found something to replace the Focus I've been using for the past 20 hours. Helltides mix things up, finding new side quests, Nightmare dungeons, so far so good with the endgame content 👌

Ceaseless Conduit paragon board is so damn good for the lightning Sorc I've created, will be a long time to unlock the best node though.

Topher

Gold Member
If you leave the items on the ground or just slap stuff on without reading the effect descriptions it sure is. If you actually make a gear based synergistic build it isn't....
And to that end the farmable aspects from the codex are easily sufficient to steamroll anything till at least WT3

I don't leave anything on the ground, but more than likely my gear strategy needs to be reconsidered. I'll look into that.

Thanks.

SCB3

Finally got the WT2 capstone done, had to LFG for the last boss but it was fun, I do wish it was in game though but the discord server is something I’m used to from Destiny so there’s that

On to WT3 and I gotta say the bump in difficulty is nice and makes me think a bit more than charging in, even helped beat a world boss at one point

Right now still looking to hit level 50 and been doing some strongholds to get the area progress up for more potions and skill points

Methos#1975

I feel like the sorcerer class is a after thought at this point,besides all the other issues with it they also never release anything new for the class on the shop either. What's even the point of the class?

Top Bottom