• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

marquimvfs

Explain, I don't have any issues.
It's happening on every platform, and is very perceptible using controllers. It's like the game is buffering the button inputs for a long time and is releasing the entire buffer before you could do another command. Some users here have said they experienced none of the issues, but, for me, it looks like they just didn't perceived the problem so far... I've seen it myself onPC, PS4 and 5, haven't tested Xbox, but some friends said it's the same. Comparing to Diablo 3 controllers, it's like stop driving an Aston Martin and start to drive a tank.

Someone did show it on record here:

Have in mind that it affects not only the attacks, but also the use of potions and dashing. So, sometimes, it does lead you to some shitty deads because the game doesn't use the potions by the time you pressed the button, and so on...

Last edited:

Orbital2060

Ive only noticed that while being disabled by some CC and trying to rush or drink a potion. Which then activates when the CC runs out so it looks like there is some kind of buffering going on. If it doesnt happen with a kb+m maybe its an issue.

Pimpbaa

Just bought the game on my xsx and can‘t log in, hell i can‘t even access battle.net in the browser

edit: tried on my iPad, no go there. Servers HAD to go down when i bought the game didn’t they, fuck!

Last edited:

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
Just beat the game at level 49. I always thought Legendary Items are “unique” items. Turns out I was wrong. I got my first and only unique (wt2) after killing the end boss.

Holy shit are the drop rates fucking bad.

Zheph

Just beat the game at level 49. I always thought Legendary Items are “unique” items. Turns out I was wrong. I got my first and only unique (wt2) after killing the end boss.

It's a story related unique. They starts dropping on T3...

Last edited:

Freeman76

It's happening on every platform, and is very perceptible using controllers. It's like the game is buffering the button inputs for a long time and is releasing the entire buffer before you could do another command. Some users here have said they experienced none of the issues, but, for me, it looks like they just didn't perceived the problem so far... I've seen it myself onPC, PS4 and 5, haven't tested Xbox, but some friends said it's the same. Comparing to Diablo 3 controllers, it's like stop driving an Aston Martin and start to drive a tank.

Have in mind that it affects not only the attacks, but also the use of potions and dashing. So, sometimes, it does lead you to some shitty deads because the game doesn't use the potions by the time you pressed the button, and so on...

On XsX, level 76, never had a single issue with the controls.

Calverz

Strange I played most of the story on tier 2 and reduced it to tier 1 to get to level 50. I probably got around 10 legendary drops in total and that was not doing really much sidequest stuff.

Problem with this game, is the drops are usually shit. Maybe slightly better than what you have equipped because of the level scaling. You never have those op moments. It’s crap.

marquimvfs

On XsX, level 76, never had a single issue with the controls.
At first, the game just felt more "heavy" than Diablo 3, then, I begint to notice that some inputs are just taking too long to process sometimes, then I've found some people that figured the issue too. It's a case of ignorance is bliss, because once you notice it, you cannot forget, like a monitor with burn in. I guarantee you, it's there, you just didn't felt it.

Freeman76

At first, the game just felt more "heavy" than Diablo 3, then, I begint to notice that some inputs are just taking too long to process sometimes, then I've found some people that figured the issue too. It's a case of ignorance is bliss, because once you notice it, you cannot forget, like a monitor with burn in. I guarantee you, it's there, you just didn't felt it.
I can guarantee you it isnt lol. Performance and control wise this game is top class. Loot on the other hand.......

marquimvfs

I can guarantee you it isnt lol. Performance and control wise this game is top class. Loot on the other hand.......
Ok then. If you ever feel something wrong, please come back to report. If more people are willing to discuss the problem then it become easier to track and fix. The test at the video I posted is easily reproduced, if you're willing too. Otherwise, the game is really top notch and I'm also having my time with it.

Last edited:

Eotheod

Could I have switched from T2 to T3 for the first play though? Its kind of fucked that unique items arent dropping in "normal" difficulty.
That's been a Diablo cornerstone since I believe D1 if not D2. Better drops in higher difficulties, it is the main playstyle of dungeon crawlers. Think roguelite without losing the character.

Had servers throw me the no game licence error, hopefully a fix occurs soon.

Last edited:

Yeah this is really annoying.

Also game seems to be down right now, can't log in.

sankt-Antonio

:^)--?-<
That's been a Diablo cornerstone since I believe D1 if not D2. Better drops in higher difficulties, it is the main playstyle of dungeon crawlers. Think roguelite without losing the character.

Had servers throw me the no game licence error, hopefully a fix occurs soon.
Better drops yes, uniques not dropping on normal difficulty (or highest selectable on first play though) is a first, and I hate it.

I've played soo much diablo immortal over the last year , I feel like I'm burned out by the genre almost bought the game yesterday on xsx but didn't because I'll miss the touch controls and convenience of Di
I wish this was crossplay and cross buy with mobile since I love playing these types of games on the move with touch controls and convenience of mobile

Nydius

I've seen it myself onPC, PS4 and 5, haven't tested Xbox, but some friends said it's the same.
It's definitely the same. My current main is a tornado build storm druid and I regularly get frustrated with the amount of times I press RT for tornado only for it to not deploy because it's still processing button presses from my earth spike resource generator attacks. Ditto for hurricane. I can directly attribute at least one death to the input buffering delay -- there's probably more but one of those was incontrovertible.

As for the current DDoS: Three cheers for the current state of always-online gaming!
Hip-Hip wet fart noise!

bender

What time is it?
Only playing co-op, my buddy and I are closing in on 30 hours. We finally completed Act 1 today as we tend to focus on side quests before main quest. He also wanted to play on WT2 which has punched us in the face two or three times. Hit level 45 today and I probably had 10 or so legendary items drop in a three hour session today. This game is going to take forever to complete.

EruditeHobo

Only playing co-op, my buddy and I are closing in on 30 hours. We finally completed Act 1 today as we tend to focus on side quests before main quest. He also wanted to play on WT2 which has punched us in the face two or three times. Hit level 45 today and I probably had 10 or so legendary items drop in a three hour session today. This game is going to take forever to complete.

My friend group plays once a week for about 2-3 hours... everyone has been on vacation, so we've played once since launch. We're level 14. Think you'll beat us, at least.

marquimvfs

Me and wife are playing since launch. Yesterday we manages to reach Donan for the first time. We're at level 30.

Orbital2060

Ive been trying out some nightmare dungeons on WT3, and kinda blown away by the progression system that opens up post 50 . So nightmare dungeons and paragon levelling are related. In the sense that you need to do NMs to level up glyphs.

I started out with a tier 1 NM that I got from the whispering tree, which then dropped a tier 3 NM sigil from a random mob. With the sigil crafting unlocked, I made some tier 6-10 sigils and cleared a tier 7 and tier 10 back to back. Tried a tier 15 NM and got obliterated on the first pull.

Tier 10 nightmares seem to be the sweet spot for my riogue buiild/gear atm but it went smoother than Id anticipated, being at level 55 with gear not that much upgraded since the campaign. I get the complaints about itemisation in terms of actual gear drops being too low level or too random in NMs. Like I got a few <600 items at tier 7,10, and later 11. But I think the major focus with nightmare dungeons is glyph levelling, and then a bunch of other rare stuff that can drop. Rare herbs, sigils and new glyphs etc. But the gear drops kinda suck. Which may be working as intended.

Last edited:

MastAndo

About to finish up Renown on a level 72 Barb, and I think that will be it for me until Season 1 drops. I'm just doing too much inventory/stash management for too little payoff at this point. I've generally had a blast with this one though and have played the hell out of it since early release (by my standards). Looking forward to seeing what's to come down the road.

EruditeHobo

Rogue, level 45, just finished Act 1 earlier today, a handful of hours ago.

There's something really, really off about this campaign considering I was 45 when finishing act 1 and finished the campaign at I believe 55. I know I went overboard with Fractured Peaks side quests, but that balance feels very weird.

Should have used elixirs to boost leveling throughout.

Anyways, finished campaign a couple days ago. Lots of nice eye candy, great locations in some of the later acts but the story felt considerably less interesting after act 2. I think overall I greatly preferred D3's campaign.

Still interested to check out season 1 with a new class. (y)

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
John from DF's take:

tiCdCtE.png

I too think the game would be better without level scaling enemies, but I don't think it's as crippling to the game as he suggests. Gear and builds still matter, and there are zones that you may need to enter that have mobs scaled above you (such as during the early parts of act IV if you were like me and went necro and blew through acts I - III with ease) that you "grow" into.

Last edited:

Ozzie666

John from DF's take:

tiCdCtE.png

I too think the game would be better without level scaling enemies, but I don't think it's as crippling to the game as he suggests. Gear and builds still matter, and there are zones that you may need to enter that have mobs scaled above you (such as during the early parts of act IV if you were like me and went necro and blew through acts I - III with ease) that you "grow" into.

Character is pretty powerful that any old content or typical dungeons are pretty cake. Even nightmare, can pretty much walk/run through. Maybe it's more of an issue earlier in the game.

Zheph

The level scaling can be an issue but it is far from the main one. Itemization is killing the game at around level 70 right now

if you want a progress check Nightmare Dungeons will have a fixed level so you can easily track yourself with it

Little Mac

Gold Member
Level 81-82 and still having fun, but it's slowed down alot. I mainly do lvl 35-40 Nightmare Dungeons now. When I get to 83, I'll start farming Helltides too because the ultra rare uniques only drop on lvl 85+ mobs. Patch is coming soon so I'm curious as to how that shakes things up.

dorkimoe

Finished the game, level 52 i think. I know the point is to get better gear, but what should i be focusing on? Dungeons? Helltide? I am on WT3 now.
Also, twisted blades rogue build, what should i prioritize? Do i just automatically replace anything thats higher DPS, or specifically look traits?

cormack12

Gold Member
I started out with a tier 1 NM that I got from the whispering tree, which then dropped a tier 3 NM sigil from a random mob. With the sigil crafting unlocked, I made some tier 6-10 sigils and cleared a tier 7 and tier 10 back to back. Tried a tier 15 NM and got obliterated on the first pull.
Finished the game, level 52 i think. I know the point is to get better gear, but what should i be focusing on? Dungeons? Helltide? I am on WT3 now.
Also, twisted blades rogue build, what should i prioritize? Do i just automatically replace anything thats higher DPS, or specifically look traits?

Nightmare dungeon levels are rated by world tier and your level. The best xp return is enemies 3 levels above your current level. Use this to see ideal sigil levels. Knock one down if it's taking too long/inefficient

Basically you're trying to reach a level to clear Capstone 70 on wt3. I've only had about 3 good drops from like 55 to 64 (current). Most of my growth is from the paragon. I've been grinding helltides where I can as all enemies are at keast 2 levels higher so xp is good.

You can also do world bosses and whisper bounties in between and strongholds. I believe once you get to wt4 is where you get the big power jump from drops until it tails off again

Joramun

Played 180 hours and no Tempest Roar or Temerity drops.

Multiple NM dungeons everyday.

How are these streamers finding Unique's so easily?

Ozzie666

Played 180 hours and no Tempest Roar or Temerity drops.

Multiple NM dungeons everyday.

How are these streamers finding Unique's so easily?

I am sure we all have these tales but: Pulverize Druid and I keep getting Temptest Roars, and 2 pairs of Temerity. The aspect I can't get to save my life is a good quality Umbral (return 4 spirit).
I have a bank full of Barbarian uniques though, wish we could trade those in for proper Druid unique. I feel cheated. Good luck with your Tempest Roar.

Joramun

I am sure we all have these tales but: Pulverize Druid and I keep getting Temptest Roars, and 2 pairs of Temerity. The aspect I can't get to save my life is a good quality Umbral (return 4 spirit).
I have a bank full of Barbarian uniques though, wish we could trade those in for proper Druid unique. I feel cheated. Good luck with your Tempest Roar.
The amount if useless Barbarian drops I got. Bloody vendored them all. I've no interest in playing barb whatsoever. Next classes will be Sorc and Necro.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
I'm running a Rogue on Tier II, still in Act1 and level 32 now.

But things are getting really tough now. I'm probably running a bad build or something, because I just can't kill the elites fast enough anymore it seems. Had to abandon some dungeons, because it just wasn't working.
Is this a common theme around that level? Or am I fucking up and it's time to go down a tier maybe?

I would recommend switching to Tier I, you are not winning that much more in T2 yet the difficulty does ramp up
your build is likely a bit weak as well but really T2 is a bit of a mess in the currant state

yes, the game is hard. It is actually significantly harder than d3.

Wait until you see wordl tier 3 and 4 lol
Blizzard are notoriously bad at balancing difficulty levels at launch. Diablo 3, 11 years ago (LOL), had the exact same issue. One difficulty was fairly breezy, the next one up was a HUGE jump and most people were dying constantly - it simply wasn't worth the trouble.

They fixed this with subsequent updates and balancing patches, but it took awhile.

The Diablo 4 we are playing today will not be the same Diablo 4 we're playing 6 months, 1 year, and 2 years from now. Much will change, for better and for worse.

Golgo 13

The amount if useless Barbarian drops I got. Bloody vendored them all. I've no interest in playing barb whatsoever. Next classes will be Sorc and Necro.
Yeah, I'm approaching level 30 with a Tier II Barbarian and honestly, I'm getting damn bored/frustrated/annoyed. They really need to make the class more interesting/exciting to level up and play. Much balancing and tweaking needed. I'll likely be switching to World Tier I for the rest of my playthrough - tried it yesterday and it was much more tolerable (but still kinda boring, insofar as the class).

Zheph

Yeah, I'm approaching level 30 with a Tier II Barbarian and honestly, I'm getting damn bored/frustrated/annoyed. They really need to make the class more interesting/exciting to level up and play. Much balancing and tweaking needed. I'll likely be switching to World Tier I for the rest of my playthrough - tried it yesterday and it was much more tolerable (but still kinda boring, insofar as the class).
You will be rewarded eventually as Barbarian is the best class currently but I know your pain, them and Druids have a rough leveling experience

Golgo 13

You will be rewarded eventually as Barbarian is the best class currently but I know your pain, them and Druids have a rough leveling experience
You mean best class insofar as end-game content is concerned? This will all likely change as well with balance tweaks, but it's nice to know there's light at the end of the tunnel

Zheph

You mean best class insofar as end-game content is concerned? This will all likely change as well with balance tweaks, but it's nice to know there's light at the end of the tunnel
Yes right now they are the best at endgame I would say but I am eagerly waiting for the big update for the first season, they will likely reshuffle the decks... Sorcerer in particular need a boost

Stick to WT1 and move to WT3 once you can (50+), WT2 is not that much harder but the experience gain are not worth the time wasted

Golgo 13

I will say that Diablo 3 on launch was a MUCH more enjoyable and engaging experience, despite all of the many flaws of that game in the early days, in the launch Window. The process of leveling up the classes was always fun - the abilities you unlocked were consistently interesting and made you look forward to what cool things you'd unlock on your next level-up. I don't feel that way with Diablo 4. The classes AND powers themselves are kinda "blah". Where's the eccentric and surprising madness of the Witch Doctor? The unique mystique and feel of the Demon Hunter? Where is something new and unique we didn't experience in D3? It all feels like more generic, watered down, safe versions of archetypal classes we've played before. We need something cool and experimental like the Monk to liven things up - Druid did NOT fill this void. Utterly generic and safe.

Zheph

I will say that Diablo 3 on launch was a MUCH more enjoyable and engaging experience, despite all of the many flaws of that game in the early days, in the launch Window. The process of leveling up the classes was always fun - the abilities you unlocked were consistently interesting and made you look forward to what cool things you'd unlock on your next level-up. I don't feel that way with Diablo 4. The classes AND powers themselves are kinda "blah". Where's the eccentric and surprising madness of the Witch Doctor? The unique mystique and feel of the Demon Hunter? Where is something new and unique we didn't experience in D3? It all feels like more generic, watered down, safe versions of archetypal classes we've played before. We need something cool and experimental like the Monk to liven things up - Druid did NOT fill this void. Utterly generic and safe.
I agree but people complained so much about D3 being flashy and over the top...

The leveling experience was good in D3 but there was no endgame at all and the loot was also broken but as you said earlier, the game will be quite different in a few months

Top Bottom