• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

BadBurger

Many “Whelps”! Handle It!
Disconnected on Blizzard's end just as I was about to wrap up a long boss fight.

I've noticed that over the years, Blizzard games are the only live service games that consistently have this issue. I can count on one hand all of the times I've been disconnected from other MMO's and GaaS games over the past decade. Blizzard games? Give me a week and I'll need three hands to keep count.

Last edited:

Zheph

Seasons are a race, it's logical that everyone start from the same point

Blizzard already mentioned that new legendaries will join the regular pool on same day as a new season (unlike previous Diablo) if you really don't want to restart

mxbison

Disconnects are so damn annoying in this game. Lose server response for a millisecond in a boss fight and you can do the whole dungeon over again...

Always online is such a load of shit. If you have to do it then atleast do it properly and reconnect back where I left off 5 seconds ago.

Bitmap Frogs

Mr. Community
I finally found a Sorcerer build that works and is not based around Ice Shard. It definitely does a bit less damage, but I just could bear spamming the most visually unappealing skill in the game anymore.

Now I'm using Firewalls, Hidras and the occasional cast of Inferno (Frost Nova + Shatter too, as it's basically an inevitability at this point) and the game has become way more fun.

There’s an interesting development with blizzard, the aspect that makes it drop crystals is a stagger god and chill eventually freezes triggering the shards.

People are speculating this will be nerfed as it was used to kill the challenge boss.

Fools idol

Banned
my hardcore barb just got one shotted by a random tree ent thingy spawning plague spiders.

Celebrate Rest In Peace GIF by Jason Clarke

I'm running a Rogue on Tier II, still in Act1 and level 32 now.

But things are getting really tough now. I'm probably running a bad build or something, because I just can't kill the elites fast enough anymore it seems. Had to abandon some dungeons, because it just wasn't working.
Is this a common theme around that level? Or am I fucking up and it's time to go down a tier maybe?

Zheph

But things are getting really tough now. I'm probably running a bad build or something, because I just can't kill the elites fast enough anymore it seems. Had to abandon some dungeons, because it just wasn't working.
Is this a common theme around that level? Or am I fucking up and it's time to go down a tier maybe?
I would recommend switching to Tier I, you are not winning that much more in T2 yet the difficulty does ramp up
your build is likely a bit weak as well but really T2 is a bit of a mess in the currant state

Fools idol

Banned

yes, the game is hard. It is actually significantly harder than d3.

Wait until you see wordl tier 3 and 4 lol

BadBurger

I think I finally cracked the code on my barbarian - embracing all out damage and AoE, etc. Being greatly aided by some legendary equipment though that adds some major effects to a few of my core rotation moves.

Freeman76

The seasonal resets sounds really awful. They should have taken the Destiny approach instead where you keep building on your characters through new content
Fuck that noise! I dont want 90% of my game that i paid for unavailable to play because I couldnt play it the exact month it was available. Destiny literally has the worst GaaS model in the entirety of gaming, and the scummiest monetisation I have ever seen. Keep that shit away from Diablo thanks.

Freeman76

I finally found a Sorcerer build that works and is not based around Ice Shard. It definitely does a bit less damage, but I just could bear spamming the most visually unappealing skill in the game anymore.

Now I'm using Firewalls, Hidras and the occasional cast of Inferno (Frost Nova + Shatter too, as it's basically an inevitability at this point) and the game has become way more fun.

Similar to the build i use. Frost nova with aspect that bounces cc to other targets on hit. Fireball with explosion elemental. Hydra with +6 point (9 in total) Inferno with meteorite aspect. Shreds a whole room in one cascading series of explosions. Its great for solo play, but when i do legion events its practically useless due to the long cooldowns lol

Fuck that noise! I dont want 90% of my game that i paid for unavailable to play because I couldnt play it the exact month it was available. Destiny literally has the worst GaaS model in the entirety of gaming, and the scummiest monetisation I have ever seen. Keep that shit away from Diablo thanks.
I have played Destiny 1 & 2 and thought it wasn't that bad.

But then I saw this video:

Holy shit. It's terrible.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Started a necromancer. So this is the easy mode early level class Blizzard typically has in their games. I am just blowing through the content using a single button, sometimes two, and occasionally dodging. The bosses are nothing with this class.

fuck. I wish I had chosen this class first. I'd easily be done with the campaign by now. In 45 minutes I strolled through what took me a good four hours on barbarian. And I mean strolled.

Last edited:

Draugoth

Gold Member
I can confirm that the Bear Earth build is the best build for the Druid.

I completely melted the Butcher when he showed up and im being able to deal 100k damage consistently at level 63.

Freeman76

Reached 73 before slowly feeling my excitement wilting away. Might take a break from it until the season starts.

See you all tomorrow when i'm back on it for another hit of that crack 🤣🤣🤣

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
The seasonal resets sounds really awful. They should have taken the Destiny approach instead where you keep building on your characters through new content
I legit thought that’s what they would do even though I Play PoE etc for seasonal content.

It makes more sense imo for a season to look something like :

Tier 5 introduced
2 new uniques per class
A ring “set” green drop
One new higher tier of gems
1-3 hour story narrative quests
New end game mechanic to inject fun and the ideal way to level your BP and character
Raise item level cap to 840 base
Introduce 3 new aspects per class
2 new universal aspects
1-3 new legendary items (transmog)
Add 2 new yellow sets per class
1 new giga chad boss with sick loot table

And for the purists if you reroll you get a ranked ladder and some cosmetics if you hit level 100 during season, and another cosmetic for new giga boss on seasonal .

Would’ve been mint.

The game feels like it has an indie budget in some areas, especially animations during ingame cutscenes. The worst is the beginning when your character is being carried on a cart, just embarassing. Then the NPC turns around by spinning in 1 spot, the Gamefreak way

SCB3

I think its time for me to put this down for a bit, at least until the seasons start, grinded out some NM Dungeons solo and wasn't haven't much fun anymore, that endgame grind is very repetitive solo, if there was a in game LFG or random dungeon group up's, it could be a lot more fun

Still I had my fun and I'll check out a new class for the first season, I've unlocked all of the map and the renown stuff is almost complete in most regions (Level 3 on most now) and thinking Necro or Sorcerer for that first season

RainblowDash

Gold Member
Bet the campaign and switched immediately to World 3 difficulty.

So far none of the Sacreds have been any good and it’s still too easy!

Playing as Electric Sorcerer

HeisenbergFX4

Gold Member

What build are you running as Rogue is God tier while leveling?

I run a hybrid twisting blades like the link here except I found a build running poison imbue and shadow imbue dropping shadow step for poison imbue

https://d4builds.gg/builds/64012880-fcb0-4939-a47f-ee2c77906061/

Raise item level cap to 840 base
Is the current cap 820? I was quite disappointed when I found out gear won't keep scaling until we are level 100. Kinda silly having close to max item power items already dropping in the low 80's. 99% of them are garbage but still, would rather get to max level first and then start farming for higher level things.

Freeman76

Is the current cap 820? I was quite disappointed when I found out gear won't keep scaling until we are level 100. Kinda silly having close to max item power items already dropping in the low 80's. 99% of them are garbage but still, would rather get to max level first and then start farming for higher level things.
Yep, once you get to 75ish you will probably have the best gear and very little reason to continue.

I think their decision to delay season one til possibly late July is a bad one, a lot of players have hit their wall with their mains, and prob will wait until seasons start to make a new fresh class. I bet their numbers have falllen off a cliff this week

Imagine the buzz if it was starting tomorrow, thats how you build momentum

Last edited:
I'm taking my time with this, but having a great time so far. Level 20, still in act one. I try to read this thread and it's almost like it's written in a different language :messenger_tears_of_joy: My Barbarian seems a little over powered if anything at the moment - not had a difficult fight in world tier one for a while (which I'm okay with for the time being). Just using gear that I find along the way.

I got through the story (basically skipped all of the last act, watched the last cutscenes on youtube, and read the plot summary) but I'm only level 42. Need to level up to 50 and do the dungeon to unlock WT3. At first I was doing side quests and dungeons but I read you can easily hit lvl 50 playing the story so you should skip everything except story stuff. Well that didn't work out for me.

The skills I have I'm getting really bored of them. Probably going to reset my skill tree and fuck about with it to find something new. I picked Rogue class. Not sure if I can be bothered doing another class right now.

Last edited by a moderator:

Zheph

Yes it's making the game quite stall after you get most of your gear which is around 70
revamping that would be a massive W

Draugoth

Gold Member
I finally got my revenge.

Some dude tried to gank me on PvP, but my build works too well,

I two shoot the dude with Pulverizing spam.

Braag

Doesn't sound normal. Your build or gear must be at fault. It's not a breeze at that level but you should be able to go through tier 2 dungeons alone.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
Don't worry...seasons are months long (2 to 3 months if D3's seasonal is any indication).

Seasons have been a Diablo thing for years btw.....

Orbital2060

Im warming up to the idea of levelling up for the seasons. The renown you start with should be enough for the first two reward tiers. A Lilith statue is 10 renown and each map has 50-70 regions at 5 renown each.

So doing the legwork for those on your main character should make the transition each season a lot easier to deal with.

Last edited:

ssringo

Decent watch if you're not keen on the idea of seasons. Doesn't mean you have to like it but it gives some insights to why they're good and fun.

amigastar

When the new season comes along, do i have to play the campaign again or is it unlocked when i finshed the campaign already? And what about Lilith statues?

Last edited:

devilNprada

I think their decision to delay season one til possibly late July is a bad one, a lot of players have hit their wall with their mains, and prob will wait until seasons start to make a new fresh class. I bet their numbers have falllen off a cliff this week

You guys are insane... I don't know how some of you guys do it.
Props though..

MastAndo

I finally got my revenge.

Some dude tried to gank me on PvP, but my build works too well,

I two shoot the dude with Pulverizing spam.
Tried PvP for the first time yesterday and got absolutely wrecked. Some dude a bunch of levels higher than me just strolled over and froze me, then smashed me to smithereens. Tried to go back with a sneak attack and he just did the same thing. I like my build, but I guess I need to spec into some sort of Unstoppable skill, as being crowd controlled is basically the only way I'm dying in PvE as well.

How does PvP level scaling work anyway? Is it scaling the same as with PvE enemies - i.e. will I get one-shotted by players at a much higher level than me, or is anything about it normalized?

Freeman76

Tried PvP for the first time yesterday and got absolutely wrecked. Some dude a bunch of levels higher than me just strolled over and froze me, then smashed me to smithereens. Tried to go back with a sneak attack and he just did the same thing. I like my build, but I guess I need to spec into some sort of Unstoppable skill, as being crowd controlled is basically the only way I'm dying in PvE as well.

How does PvP level scaling work anyway? Is it scaling the same as with PvE enemies - i.e. will I get one-shotted by players at a much higher level than me, or is anything about it normalized?
The pvp is really unbalanced so unless you are level 80+ im WT4 you're possibly gonna get ganked loads

Antwix

When the new season comes along, do i have to play the campaign again or is it unlocked when i finshed the campaign already? And what about Lilith statues?
When you make a new character after you've beaten the campaign, you have a option to skip the campaign. I can confirm that you can do this after you've made your new character as well too. There's just a button on the side to skip it. Quite sure this will be how it works when the season comes since blizzard stated that you have to complete the campaign before you interact with seasonal mechanics. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong about the Lilith statues but the way I understand is that you only get renown for the statues if you've already found the statues. The stat bonuses that you've already gotten will always be unlocked for your character regardless if you find the statue(s) again.

devilNprada

The pvp is really unbalanced so unless you are level 80+ im WT4 you're possibly gonna get ganked loads
Got ganked by three guys killed one.. I was pretty proud of myself but....
Had I known I would lose 100% of the red dust I just collected, I would have just ran!

DavidGzz

Gold Member
Early leveling is the most fun part. I'll keep saying that. Seasons have been a restart for 10 years in D3 and since forever in Path of Exile. I thought everyone knew. You get more in D4 than in those two games. A crap load of skill points from the get go.

Last edited:

Fools idol

Banned
what does the 'season reset' thing mean for a filthy casual like me that only has 3-5 hours a week to play, likely will takes months to finish? will they keep deleting my character ? what the fuck.

DeaDPo0L84

Past three nights I have gotten home and have had zero interest in logging back in. I enjoy when I'm playing I just don't know what the point is. Everything is the same but there are more difficult versions of the same thing I was doing 20 hours ago, it's not exactly a compelling reason to keep playing. Congrats you beat that nightmare dungeon at tier 20, now do 30!!! And while I get that seasons are being handled how they have been in the past I have no desire to start over. Destiny does a lot of things right, and probably more wrong, but the structure of things is really well done. There are no raids or 6 person dungeons to break up the monotony in Diablo 4 content. World bosses don't count cause those get boring after the third one you do and you realize the strategy is pretty much always the same.

I am hoping they can really add some fresh content to the game in the coming months but it looks it's back to games I need to beat until that happens.

Last edited:
Top Bottom