• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Diablo IV |OT| Blessed Mother... Save Us

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Excited to play the expansion and the new class but I’m gone for work most of that week.

I could steam deck it but it would ruin the first time experience plus enjoying those gorgeous CG cut scenes I’m sure.

I’ll be patient and play later in the week.

xVodevil

Will we be able to just start the new season and do only the expansion story mode? I don't want to do the base story all over again.
The launch blog post say base campaign can be skipped
"To begin, create a new Character on either the Eternal or Seasonal Realm or play as an existing character from the Eternal Realm. You can select to “Skip Campaign,” if you want your new Character to go right to the beginning of the Vessel of Hatred Campaign.

For those new to Diablo IV, we recommend starting your journey by completing the base game campaign for the full experience before beginning the Vessel of Hatred campaign. However, if you’re eager to go immediately to the expansion content, you will need to complete the prologue for the main campaign on one character to unlock the option to skip the main campaign on a newly created character."

amigastar

Does the new content counts as a new Act or is it just a new environment? How many playtime does the new sp content have?

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

Season pass for season 6 armor sets look pretty cool. Better than some previous ones

d4-s6-battlepass-feature-and-more_1920x1080.webp

d4-s6-battlepass-feature-mount-armor_1920x1080.webp

Arsic

Season pass for season 6 armor sets look pretty cool. Better than some previous ones

d4-s6-battlepass-feature-and-more_1920x1080.webp

d4-s6-battlepass-feature-mount-armor_1920x1080.webp
Not really. It feels like we’ve got the same set over and over. It’s always this art style of an armory type of set.

Where is something more loose and ripped? More cloak appeal? Something like say Monk gear from D3?

They can do a lot better and they do with paid skin sets. Ultimately I think paid skins in this genre or MMOs is the worse thing that could happen.

PoE for example ALL of the in game equipment is butt ugly and only paid skins look good. And PoEs best skins are behind loot boxes or fomo season shit.

I hate both of these games for this.

Last edited:

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I like the detail on the second horse armor set. The "Cthulhu mouth" is a nice touch.

I do the battle passes each season and while I am not a "cosmetic stuff", its nice to get the rewards for working through all the season content/challenges.

Last edited:

TheStam

I've been playing a lot by my standards this season, but never reached past level 90. Maybe next season I will finally make it to 100, it's kind of boring at this stage when we're so close to a new season and with DLC content coming as well. Feels pointess to grind and might as well wait for the new stuff.

I've said goodbye to my androgynous looking Heartseeker Rogue, may he (?) rest in peace as he gets transferred to the eternal realm where he will rot before being deleted after a while.

Note to self, never make a male Rogue or Sorcerer.

Mortisfacio

I've been playing a lot by my standards this season, but never reached past level 90. Maybe next season I will finally make it to 100, it's kind of boring at this stage when we're so close to a new season and with DLC content coming as well. Feels pointess to grind and might as well wait for the new stuff.

I've said goodbye to my androgynous looking Heartseeker Rogue, may he (?) rest in peace as he gets transferred to the eternal realm where he will rot before being deleted after a while.

Rogue and Sorc are ugly. It's like all the sets were made for female. Male sorc? Cool, you're still wearing a dress. Some are even low cut still. lol.

The Sylvanas paid armor set is super cool too, probably my favorite paid set so far, but it looks terrible on a male Rogue.

Arsic

New level cap is 60 so you’ll hit max next season.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member

The...options...are rather lackluster imo as well. I understand why they did it (asset reuse, animation reuse, etc etc), but I dislike my "female druid that is actually just the male druid with smaller hips and (somehow) wider shoulders" result.

TheStam

Rogue and Sorc are ugly. It's like all the sets were made for female. Male sorc? Cool, you're still wearing a dress. Some are even low cut still. lol.

The Sylvanas paid armor set is super cool too, probably my favorite paid set so far, but it looks terrible on a male Rogue.

I managed to make an awful Sorc when I played the class. He looked so frail, meek and ugly. Had this punchable face. I couldn't stand the sight of him, lol.

Last edited:
Haven’t played in like a month, going to wait and hop back in with the expansion. Is there any idea on which classes any good? Guess I’ll just start with the new class.

Hot5pur

I haven't played since season 1 lol.
After the campaign the game was just blah. The open overworld is so monotonous and the enemies all look similar due to the color palette.
I think this game suffered from trying to make it games-as-a-service, the forced online/shared world. I think they succeeded in some aspects as the game did very well, it is diablo after all, but it could have been something more memorable/interesting for sure.
I also think building out the class is painful - those legendary aspects should really be slotted into a skill tree as opposed to gear, no wonder they've had to tweak how that system works, it's just unnecessary and cumbersome. I like the classes in Last Epoch much more, you can really test out new stuff very quickly whereas dealing with changing out aspects/paragon/etc is painful.
The expansion looks fine, but I was hoping for a more significant skill tree revamp. If it's around ~15 hours of new story I might grab it, also depends on reviews.
Part of me just wants to wait like 2-3 years and wait for them to flesh this game out, especially as it will need to compete with PoE2 which looks to be far more innovative than D4 with its focus on skill based combat and moving while casting.

Xyphie

Not really. It feels like we’ve got the same set over and over. It’s always this art style of an armory type of set.

Where is something more loose and ripped? More cloak appeal? Something like say Monk gear from D3?

They can do a lot better and they do with paid skin sets. Ultimately I think paid skins in this genre or MMOs is the worse thing that could happen.

PoE for example ALL of the in game equipment is butt ugly and only paid skins look good. And PoEs best skins are behind loot boxes or fomo season shit.

I hate both of these games for this.

1164510.jpg

The season 4 BP set was cloth-ish looking. I think's a problem is with the Battlepass set having to be usable on multiple classes though. Armored caster looks better than cloth barb so they probably steer more towards plate-looking sets. It'd be nice if they put some of the shop skins on the BP down the line.

Last edited:

Mortisfacio

I'm really interested to see sales figures, if they release those, for this game. Reaper of Souls sold 2.7 million its first week. D4 sold 10+ mil around launch (I don't recall how wide that window was, but near launch). If there's a huge drop off in sales, then this game is in a bad state. All I know is the Discord and Subreddit seem very positive on this game, but no idea what that represents of the initial userbase.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
Today the review embargo gets lifted, really curious about the addon.

I'm going to avoid impressions, especially from the big streamers and guide makers. I want to discover things for myself and form my own opinion. I wish they'd only send early copies to reviewers so that the game isn't figured out day 1, but it is what it is.

Miyazaki’s Slave

Gold Member
I watched a few "post embargo" videos and got some answers that I was still in the dark about.

If you have ALREADY COMPLETED d4 campaign you can start a SB class at level 1 and SKIP the first D4 campaign, and then you can complete the new content starting at level 1 with any class, this is seasonal or eternal.
You can only do this if you have already completed the normal campaign at some point.

There are 4 difficulty modes you can choose to start with: Normal, Hard, Expert, and Penitent.
As far as I am aware this is replacing the World Tier system. So you can start off on Penitent difficulty, but several of the content creators that make D4 content did mention that all the difficulties past normal are very difficult.

Level Squish: Max level is now 60, after reaching this level you will continue to level up and collect 300 paragon points. This sounds a lot like D3's progression.

One feature the game has now which I didn't know about: If you are using your codex to look at all available powers you can set the location of the codex power on your map (if you can get it from clearing a dungeon) automatically by clicking on the power in your codex list. Then if you go to your map you will already have a rout plotted based on your current location.

Last edited:
Top Bottom