• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

radjago

I think in order to get the numbers of people we need to compete, this thread will have to be stickied.

Updated numbers:

1 GAF 226 7911
2 IFCA 161 2306
3 IGN 130 2944

RSP

e888dbd13ab05c023d6faabffc7f2d06.jpg

Joe Molotov

Ecrofirt said:
Do my eyes decieve me? Have we been given a topic title change?

It needs to be changed to "Click this damned thread now, or you get banned! We can find out if you clicked it or not."

Ghost

Chili Con Carnage!
WTF IFCA now have 160 registered users, despite the fact they only have 500 forum members and 1 guy posting about the competition...the only thread i couldnt find about it only had 192 views and one guy had posted at least 20 times...looks like they deleted the thread about them cheating too.

Internet idiocy ftw.

cicero said:
Maybe someone can explain to me just how they hit third place less than two days ago and before even being mentioned in a thread on their own forum. If we do lose to these apparent cheats I say THQ should be notified.
They had another thread on the subject earlier where they advised people to submit under fake usernames and use friends email addresses and whatnot. The thread was deleted once they discovered other people discovered they were cheating. I saved the last two pages of it.

http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=IFCA1.rar
http://www.yourfilehost.com/media.php?cat=other&file=IFCA2.rar

jgkspsx

I submitted a couple real alien pictures I took myself. Well, maybe the alien craft was an astronomical object, but they needn't know.

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
i submittted 3 or 4 :)

by the way, whats to stop everyone else from jumping ship, signing up here, and submitting before the deadline to ensure they win too? do you have to be a part of the contributing community for a given amount of time?

op_ivy said:
i submittted 3 or 4 :)

by the way, whats to stop everyone else from jumping ship, signing up here, and submitting before the deadline to ensure they win too? do you have to be a part of the contributing community for a given amount of time?

Considering it takes 17 months to get approved here i think we re safe.

Ecrofirt

I can't wait to see them purge the user lists at the end by getting rid of all the users with duplicate IP addresses.

I shot them an email last night about accidentally uploading pictures for Xbox365. The form got screwed up when I hit the back button, and I ended up submitting 13 pics as Your Forum Username for Xbox365. I'm now in the lead for them, lol.

Jeff-DSA

I wouldn't be reporting anybody that might be scamming. I could see THQ canceling the promotion due to fraudulent activity.

We're still in the lead, let's just be happy with that for now.

John Harker

Definitely doesn't make things up as he goes along.
They said a lot of fake submissions will be deleted on final tallys.

By IP address, and fake email addresses.

Oh, and make sure you don't submit too many photophos, its against the rules.
They do take screenshots of videogames with aliens of them. Plenty of those around.

Ecrofirt

John Harker said:

They do take screenshots of videogames with aliens of them. Plenty of those around.

Did they tell you not to submit too many photoshops? I know the main page says they won't accept photoshopped pics, so I just figured they'd just not accept those pics if I submitted them. The reason I ask is because I'm fairly certain I've inadvertantly submitted a ton of 'shops.

Exis

I accidently posted a batch under my standard username 'ExisKorlan' forgetting that I was Exis over here.. so I have some in as Exis and some as ExisKorlan... I am gonna get kicked out :(

cicero

John Harker said:

Are you supposed to use the email address attached to your account here, or will any legit email work? I didn't see anything specific about this on their site. When I submitted stuff last week I used a different, but still legit, email addy than the one from my account here, I didn't want to get spammed on that account.

Ecrofirt

cicero said:
Are you supposed to use the email address attached to your account here, or will any legit email work? I didn't see anything specific about this on their site. When I submitted stuff last week I used a different, but still legit, email addy than the one from my account here, I didn't want to get spammed on that account.

Apparantly you just need to use a valid email. If you've submitted pictures under 2 different addresses, though, I'd imagine you'll want to contact them about it (though I don't think that's what you did.)

Ecrofirt

Joe Molotov said:
The highest submitter at XBOX365 is "Your Forum Username." :lol

Read my above post. That's me from yesterday. The form screwed up when I hit the back button and I didn't realize it happened until I had uploaded 13 pictures. When I realized, I went "oh shit", changed my info back, and reuploaded the pics.

GSG Flash

Nobody ruins my family vacation but me...and maybe the boy!
Well, it'll be fun to see IFCA go from 160+ to at most 20 once the final tallies are done :D

newsguy

I would also like to thank ecrofirt. He was also generous when that 360 promotion was going on and he PMed like 1000 codes.

Dupy

"it is in giving that we receive"
New thread title got me in here, nice. Just posted a bunch of shots, thanks for the heads up!

Ecrofirt

I'm doing what I can to make sure we have the most pictures, so it's up to you guys to do what you wan to make sure we have the highest number of legitimate users.

We can do it. By the looks of it, we can do it easily!

Amir0x: If you've submitted a pic, they've got you in the system. You'll know if you won at the end when they send out emails to the winners.

Ecrofirt

newsguy said:
I would also like to thank ecrofirt. He was also generous when that 360 promotion was going on and he PMed like 1000 codes.

It was like 2000, and boy did it ever take a long time. I'm fairly certain at least a few forum members won with only a few codes entered though, so I'm glad I may have contributed to their winning.

Amir0x

Banned
Man, are they REALLY gonna send that many copies of the game out? Shit, seems like a tall order... but I'm game

spengo

IFCA cheater Admin said:
Man... Neogaf has a strong lead on us now.... it's gonna be hard to catch up

What he really means is, "...it's gonna be hard to sign up for a bunch more fake email addresses and register them on our forums to catch up"

I can't believe they have doubled their numbers from 80>160 since I last checked. Its just ridiculous.

I really do hope they check IP addresses because otherwise they might be able to get away with this, especially with 2 Admins and possibly several Mods behind this.

BTW, good job archiving that old thread VibratingDonkey. What a bunch of losers.

Ecrofirt

Adam Blade said:
What if I submitted a pic and accidently wrote my email down incorrectly? :(

I'd email them and let them know exactly what happened. If you can, try to give them the incorrectly typed email address.

Ecrofirt

spengo said:
What he really means is, "...it's gonna be hard to sign up for a bunch more fake email addresses and register them on our forums to catch up"

I can't believe they have doubled their numbers from 80>160 since I last checked. Its just ridiculous.

I really do hope they check IP addresses because otherwise they might be able to get away with this, especially with 2 Admins and possibly several Mods behind this.

BTW, good job archiving that old thread VibratingDonkey. What a bunch of losers.

Let's assume they somehow win.

When THQ starts emailing them, let's also assume they used real email addresses that they'll be able to check.

Where the hell are they going to have all the bogus prizes shipped to?

spengo

Ecrofirt said:
Let's assume they somehow win.

When THQ starts emailing them, let's also assume they used real email addresses that they'll be able to check.

Where the hell are they going to have all the bogus prizes shipped to?

:lol true

I'm sure they will be found out, it just pisses me off.

They probably won't catch us anyways though. It seems we are cruising now with the change of thread title(thanks whoever).

Top Bottom