• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Did you enter the DESTROY ALL HUMANS 2 contest and NOT get a copy? See post #1490

Goreomedy

Console Market Analyst
Weapon201 said:
lets go GAF!

sticky thread/change thread title

If this was stickied, I wouldn't have entered.

And while I don't really want the game, I'll help out now just for the GAF win. Huzzah!

Amzin

BulletSmoke said:
What are the chances the day before the end of the competition, there will be a spike of new registrants at GAF who submit one or two pictures to the contest just so they get a copy of the game?

Could block registration for a week or something. There's got to be a way to deal with it.

demi

Amzin said:
Could block registration for a week or something. There's got to be a way to deal with it.

Registrations on the forum are based on admin approval, so if they want new users to join they will. Probably after the competition.

Now somebody answer my question on the previous page.

Pimpbaa

Spencerr said:
ugh I didn't read that it had to be the email you signed up with... I hope my entries aren't disqualified

Oh shit, I just realized I signed up for GAF with a different email I'm using for the contest :(

Weapon201

Banned
Goreomedy said:
If this was stickied, I wouldn't have entered.

And while I don't really want the game, I'll help out now just for the GAF win. Huzzah!

at least change it to

PRESS 2 BUTTONS AND GET A FREE GAME - NO OBLIGATIONS!!

Ecrofirt

demi said:
So does everyone who registers for this get a free copy if we win? I will register if I can get free shit. I love free shit. You just gotta make random bullshit images? I love saying shit. Must be Yakuza running through my head.

If GAF wins, everyone who participated at GAf wins.

If GAF doesn't win, the top 5 submitters from GAF win.

Ecrofirt

If you realized you're signed up at GAF with a different email than the one you registered at the DAC site with, go to your GAF control panel and change your email to match it.

demi

Cool, now what about the images? Does it have to be DAH2 themed? Should I just find some art from the game and make various "forum signatures" and avatars? Ha.

Ecrofirt

demi said:
Cool, now what about the images? Does it have to be DAH2 themed? Should I just find some art from the game and make various "forum signatures" and avatars? Ha.

They seem to accept a TON of stuff. Just google image search "aliens" or something, and upload stuff you find there.

demi

My step-dad loves aliens (don't ask me), so I can just take photos of the various shit he has strewn around the back room and the house. That should count.

nataku

What the... somehow I ended up getting 941 images when I should only have 800 or so. :lol

They must have been behind a couple of batches of images or something.

Pimpbaa

Ecrofirt said:
If you realized you're signed up at GAF with a different email than the one you registered at the DAC site with, go to your GAF control panel and change your email to match it.

Can't, I used a free email account for my main email (and the contest) and gaf doesn't allow those.

Kuroyume

Banned
Problem with changing my email now is that the one I used for the contest isn't an ISP email. Could that be a problem on here? Do we have to have an ISP email at all times on here or is that a gaf registration only type deal?

Ash Sparrow said:
I contacted THQ guys, i think some of us might be dissapointed with this news, but i say keep submitting, i've written back to tell them to please include the Pal gamers who made submissions.

Anyway the email. And thanks THQ for the speedy reply.

The contest officially ends October 17th and at this time, is only open
to
residents of the US and Canada. We are exploring the idea of expanding
the contest to PAL territories and I'll get back to you when a decision
is
made!

Thanks!
DestroyAllCompetition Staff
Oh for ****s sake! There was nothing mentioned anywhere about this potentially being only for NA. So I assumed it wasn't. If I don't get a free game I demand my 496 images back!

VibratingDonkey said:
Haha, such dolts. Saved the pages just in case.
Yup, they've deleted the thread now. :lol

sublime085 said:
Hell Yeah!! We done good Gaf, now just keep it alive.
I hope there aren't some weird loopholes that will screw us out of our game. Hopefully no one cheated and our numbers aren't artificially inflated either. I enjoyed the first game and I'll definitely play this one instead of trading it in or anything.
Eight more days until online supremacy confirmed!
I accidentally submitted two images under the username "v" back when I wasn't aware of the Back button. Hopefully GAF will still prevail.

Xizer

Banned
Wait a minute...it has to be the e-mail you signed up with GAF with? What the crap?

I signed up before I switched ISPs and my new one doesn't provide me with an e-mail address; I have to use free e-mail like Yahoo.

Going to the CP, GAF won't let me use a free e-mail, so the e-mail address on my account is currently defunct.

Erm...anyone know any free e-mail providers that GAF doesn't block?

CHANGE THE DAMN THREAD TITLE

Something like:

"Enter thread to get Destroy All Humans for free"

The word competition in the title infers that its not assured well win

itschris

Xizer said:
Wait a minute...it has to be the e-mail you signed up with GAF with? What the crap?

I signed up before I switched ISPs and my new one doesn't provide me with an e-mail address; I have to use free e-mail like Yahoo.

Going to the CP, GAF won't let me use a free e-mail, so the e-mail address on my account is currently defunct.

Erm...anyone know any free e-mail providers that GAF doesn't block?

John Harker already asked about that:

Hi ****,

Don't worry, as long as your email address actually exists and you can
reply to it, we'll be able to count your entries. We just seem to be
getting a lot of "lollerskates@aol.com" or "xyxyxyx@gmail.org"
entries. You know, completely bogus ones

Thanks!
DAC Staff

Pimpbaa

jamesinclair said:

Something like:

Yes please, this may help us gain an even greater lead.

Az987

all good things
The first was one of my most antcipated games of the time, along with Stubb's the Zombie but it didnt live up to my expectations, but was still pretty good.

Wasnt planning on picking this one up until a price drop, but for free, who can pass :D

Willy Wanka

my god this avatar owns
I uploaded one to Xbox 365 by accident because there was something wrong with the name of the pic I uploaded . I had to press back to rename it but I then forgot to change the forum back to Gaming Age *rolling of the eyes*

I've uploaded a few to the GAF section since then so hopefully those will count. I'm in PAL land so I probably won't even get a copy but I'm happy to help all the US & Canadian gaffers get some free schwag.

Finguo

Willy Wanka said:
I've uploaded a few to the GAF section since then so hopefully those will count. I'm in PAL land so I probably won't even get a copy but I'm happy to help all the US & Canadian gaffers get some free schwag.

Same here. Though once again we Europeans get screwed (probably), this is just some great mindless competition THQ has set up there. :D

Go people!

Pimpbaa

Xizer said:
Did all you Europeans not read the official rules? It's at the upper right corner of the page...

http://www.destroyallcompetition.com/index.php?page=rules.html

Right under section #1, eligibility, I quote:
CONTEST OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF UNITED STATES AND CANADA ONLY AT THIS TIME.

Granted, whoever typed the rules page was pretty pathetic with the spacebar and decimal key, but still.

That wasn't there before (at least I'm pretty sure it wasn't).

itschris

Pimpbaa said:
That wasn't there before (at least I'm pretty sure it wasn't).

Yeah, I read that page pretty thoroughly when I was wondering if Canadians were eligible, and I didn't see it. I don't think they had the contest end date there either.

Joe Molotov

I dumped about a dozen more images on there. We're totally going to win this thing.

I'm suprised CAG has so few entries. :lol

Ecrofirt

Xizer said:
Did all you Europeans not read the official rules? It's at the upper right corner of the page...

http://www.destroyallcompetition.com/index.php?page=rules.html

Right under section #1, eligibility, I quote:
CONTEST OPEN TO RESIDENTS OF UNITED STATES AND CANADA ONLY AT THIS TIME.

Granted, whoever typed the rules page was pretty pathetic with the spacebar and decimal key, but still.

That's all brand new info. There was originally no mention of what countries were eligible, or when the contest ended.

Joe Molotov

jamesinclair said:

Something like:

I think the lack of Icy Grills is throwing people off.

Nice they updated the page to include the rules of eligibility. Keeps fingers crossed the just allow everyone who submitted to get a game, regardless of territory.

Top Bottom