• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Die Senryaku VIII: Modern Military Tactics....Xbox Only?!?!?

Musashi Wins!

FLAWLESS VICTOLY!
Ok....does anyone know anything about an October release of this Japanese franchise in the states here? I see placeholders with a $19.99 price tag. I can't believe it, I've always wanted to play this series. Not sure I understand the Xbox thing, but that's fine by me. Anyone played the Japanese iterations?

WarPig

"Die Senryaku"? The fuck? It's Daisenryaku, not some wacko German/Japanese mish-mash. Is that what EB calls it or sumpin?

DFS.

vireland

It's a pretty blah chapter in the series. Map is nice, but the icons (artillery, ships, etc) aren't really very detailed. The battles are played out in a left side/right side confrontation format with little animation. Kool Kizz did it in Japan. They were supposed to release an XBOX Live version, but I don't think that ever came out. If this is THAT version, it would make it MUCH more compelling. As it is, it's pretty boring, even at $20.

SEGA/Sammy's got another Daisenryaku on the schedule, so there's hope for another installment that rocks like Iron Storm did. Even the Dreamcast version didn't have the excitement of the first Saturn one.

Top Bottom