• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Different kind of puzzles in Resident Evil 4

Omeyocan

First off, there are going to be fewer puzzles than there were in the previous games. There's more emphasis on action to keep it fast-paced. The puzzles aren't going to be the type that you might see in an Onimusha game, which are slide puzzles or something like that. Instead, they'll be part of the action. For example, there's a cannon in the castle, and you have to raise the platform that it's resting on all the way to the top and load the cannonballs before you can fire. Action, motion-based puzzles like that are the kind you're going to see.

Sounds great to me. What you guys think about that ?

FnordChan

On a side note, the grand prize winner in the "puzzles that make sense" category is Disaster Report. Why are you carrying a coat-hanger around? Because you're damn well going to find a way to improvise it into something else later on.

Of course, there is a certain charm to having to collect the John Medalion, the George Key, the Paul Amulet, and the Ringo Shotgun.

FnordChan

Deg

Banned
old. They are revamping the series of you didnt know :p The puzzles in the other games were irritating.

Eric-GCA

Banned
Please don't mention Disaster Report, it hurts me knowing that Irem or another developer won't be trying to make another type of "earthquake" game with more realistic graphics.

I salivate at the thought of a Disaster Report done with Half Life 2's physics engine and Doom 3's graphics, as well as a steady framerate of course.

evil ways

As long as I don't have to take the red jewel on top of the red screst, then walk to another section, put the red jewel on top of the blue crest to open it and get the blue jewel so I can go back and put the blue jewel on top of the red crest, open it and find a note that says "You need the red jewel to open the steel gates to advance", I won't mind.

Top Bottom