• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry doing Projections of possible PS5 Pro Improvements vs Base PS5 with Black Myth Wukong

sachos

All the video is interesting but if you want to see how it could possibly run on PS5 Pro it starts at 13:37
Lets hope PSSR is close to or as good as DLSS to clean up that messy IQ.
My criticism of the video is that he doesnt stop to do side by side comparisons to clearly show the difference in IQ.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
DF: PS5 Pro is close to a 4070

DF: We are using 3070 Ti to project its performance tho?

What's the justification? Is PSSR in your eyes only a inferior competitor of DLSS 2?

4070 is better comparison overall.

O35nqV3.jpeg

It's OK to use 3070 ti in the case of BMW since it's light on memory requirements.

Parazels

I like Digital Foundry, but it feels very premature to do such comparisons, if only they know more than can reveal.

XXL

If it has a 4K mode and a 60fps mode...from what we have seen it should be running at 4K 60fps with image upscaling.

Zathalus

DF: PS5 Pro is close to a 4070

DF: We are using 3070 Ti to project its performance tho?

What's the justification? Is PSSR in your eyes only an inferior competitor of DLSS 2?
PS5 Pro is indeed close to a 4070. So is a 3070 Ti though. Based on the performance numbers we have from Sony the Pro will land in between them in performance. Using either card as a test in BMW to extrapolate Pro performance can work well enough, you won’t see major differences in performance between them.

The 4070 has 12GB VRAM to not be a problem in modern games, but for BMW that isn’t a problem.

bundylove

Soon he will to hand drawn sketches about the imaginery future games running on pro and will do pixel counts of the paper under a microscope

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
Sorry for the off-topic boys but :
I just got Wukong today for the PS5 and...I think I made a mistake - during the first few minutes/intro, what should have been showstopping, jaw dropping and amazeballs due to the sheer scale of the whole scene and general presentation, turned into a disappoinment due to the God awful framerate and terrible IQ due to FSR, hope it gets smoother later on 'cause right now I'm not amused - unfortunately, it appears that these consoles have reached a plateau and that new hardware is indeed needed(?).
I was also going to get Space marine 2 but after seeing Wukong's technical problems I think I'll pass for the time being 😬
they gotta eat. how else you are getting such yellow teeth

G'damn at this dude, registered barely 4 days ago and yet, he somehow managed to be insufferable between his posts in broken English and constant whining and pessimism, like, fuck me, gotta hand it to the mods for being proactive.

Last edited:

Astray

Because if this thing comes out and exceeds expectations, they certainly won't be talking about it much.
If it comes out and exceeds expectations, then it might completely kill the console warring angles. Who wants to watch an Xbox/PS shootout when there's a clear winner you know about even before you click?

I predict that we see a lot more PC/Console warring angles out of them in the coming days because of this.

JimboJones

If it comes out and exceeds expectations, then it might completely kill the console warring angles. Who wants to watch an Xbox/PS shootout when there's a clear winner you know about even before you click?

I predict that we see a lot more PC/Console warring angles out of them in the coming days because of this.
I think it's gonna be interesting seeing how good it is a stomping on FSR2 in console games.
But I'm also interested to see how stacks up against DLSS and the Various XeSS methods.
While DLSS is a clear winner at the moment it does have issues and it will interesting to see how Sony's method stacks. Could be better in some ways, worse in others. Can't wait to see!

Last edited:

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives

Didn't think about that. But you're right!

Mr.Phoenix

I think it's gonna be interesting seeing how good it is a stomping on FSR2 in console games.
But I'm also interested to see how stacks up against DLSS and the Various XeSS methods.
While DLSS is a clear winner at the moment it does have issues and it will interesting to see how Sony's method stacks. Could be better in some ways, worse in others. Can't wait to see!
This is the one thing I am also looking forward to seeing.

Top Bottom