• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Digital Foundry - Exclusive - The Last Of Us Part 2 - PS5 Pro PSSR Upgrades Tested

ChorizoPicozo

Gold Member
That was the idea but now games have reached a point where they can't look much better but the res and frames sure as hell can.
Take GT7 for example the cars basically already look real. The biggest improvements for GT7 will be FPS and res.
Games still can look way better once Raytracing gains mass adoption. But I'm not talking about that.

I'm talking about the fact that they are showing a PS4 game...we believe in generation...They should've shown something like Returnal for example (a PS5 game). That is the only thing I'm saying... A bunch of people get triggered cuz they know this is a stretch.

Vick

Gold Member
You will never improve the shitty operation system and interface on pc.
Hardware is not the only component of good user experience.
I certainly agree in the optic of a gaming machine, but it's inevitable as a PC isn't just a gaming machine. I feel Steam helps in this regard.

Parazels

I certainly agree in the optic of a gaming machine, but it's inevitable as a PC isn't just a gaming machine. I feel Steam helps in this regard.
I think Microsoft should have created a really gaming os and pc a long time ago. Remove everything not necessary for gaming. Let control it through a gamepad, no more windows menus etc.

I think this is how the next hybrid Xbox is going to look like.

Last edited:

ap_puff

I think Microsoft should have created a really gaming os and pc a long time ago. Remove everything not necessary for gaming. Let control it through a gamepad, no more windows menus etc.

That's not who Microsoft are as a company.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter

That's what the Xbox is supposed to be.

Parazels

That's what the Xbox is supposed to be.
I would say this is an Xbox, but which allows you to replace components. More universal than a traditional console, but less universal than a traditional pc
(I personally hate a traditional pc).

Last edited:

sachos

Just finished watching. Is it me or is the Pro image slightly different color/contrast, it kinda looks like it has a slight tuch of something akin to AMD CAS.

Gaiff

SBI’s Resident Gaslighter
I would say this is an Xbox, but which allows you to replace components. More universal than a traditional console, but less universal than a traditional pc
(I personally hate a traditional pc).
Then you find yourself in a No Man's Land where it's too much of a headache to be a console without having the customization of a PC. Attempting to bridge the gap has been tried before with horrendous results. See Steam Machines. It's really 100% locked and easy like a console or 100% open and more complex like a PC. There's no place for somewhere in-between in the eyes of customers. I personally wouldn't mind, but we're in the minority.

Last edited:

Kataploom

Gold Member
You will never improve the shitty operation system and interface on pc.
Hardware is not the only component of good user experience.
That's your opinion tho, I use Steam Big Picture for gaming and, in those rare ocasions I'm needing to use M&K (mostly because I can, just to do a quick internet search or whatever) I have a small keyboard with a trackpad behind the coach, you wouldn't even notice it exists if I didn't point it out to you.

Also, once you're playing a game, you're not asking yourself why you're not playing it on a console lol, you're just playing the fucking thing. Oh, I play from a coach on a TV, btw, so I use a controller for everything there.

ChiefDada

Gold Member
Oh No Fire GIF

WTF is going on in here

We partying like it's FUD Wars 2020 baby!!!

James Sawyer Ford

Gold Member
True. I would have liked to see them use the additional power on some upgraded settings though.

Well the thing to remember is this is just a basic patch without fully utilizing the extra render or RT capabilities. So it's pretty impressive how damn transformational the image quality is in bringing to light the original asset settings to begin with. See the picture above. It's just insane looking and despite being a "PS4 game" does look like a next gen PS5 title to me, even beyond that really when considering resolution clarity and smoothness in frames.

We will get even better PS5 Pro modes for new games being developed. Excited to see Death Stranding 2 and Ghost of Yotei and what they can accomplish.

Top Bottom