• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Direct2Drive's 24 Days of Christmas Sale (1 discount game a day)

Well, 8 days left for the US to get an actual good deal. I'm pretty sure there's not absolute hope for many of the UK game deals coming here considering in 16 days only 6 games have overlapped for US+UK. Thankfully we got two Need For Speed deals though.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
Yeah I am interested in section 8 impressions as well. It sounds ambitious in the reviews but it also sounds like it falls short. Still the price is very attractive.

Chairhome

I think the next UK deal is
Borderlands
, which should be interesting.

I'm predicting a $25 price for the next US one (
RE5
. I found one at Target for $12.50 on clearance, but I haven't finished it on 360 yet... Tempting but I probably won't have time to replay it on PC.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Peronthious said:
Section 8 is quite tempting, I've heard some great things from Tom Chick and others. Anyone here play the game?

got it cheap with a couple of friends after we had a good time with the beta. despite the almost violently derivative art design and some other baffling decisions, the game is loaded with innovative idiosyncrasies. and most of what it does new, it does well.

sadly, the community is entirely dead right now. barely a full server. i'm just hoping they put it on sale for $2 dollars or something just i can get the opportunity to enjoy it again.

ghst said:
got it cheap with a couple of friends after we had a good time with the beta. despite the almost violently derivative art design and some other baffling decisions, the game is loaded with innovative idiosyncrasies. and most of what it does new, it does well.

sadly, the community is entirely dead right now. barely a full server. i'm just hoping they put it on sale for $2 dollars or something just i can get the opportunity to enjoy it again.

That really sucks if it's that dead. Tom Chick's diaries on the game sounded pretty awesome.

dLMN8R

Section 8 is a well-designed game with some very interesting, very unique ideas, but it was plagued by a lack of marketing and an extremely generic presentation and art design. The community has got to be dead at this point, but it might still be worth the $12.50.

I bought it for $12.50 and played a couple of rounds on a half full/half bot server (the most populated one online). I'm a casual sort of FPS player and had a pretty good time with it-apparently I got online after some big event w/ the developers earlier and that's why it was so dead at 11:00 PM EST.

Would definitely steer clear if you are in Europe or Asia, you'd probably never find anyone to play with at this point.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Can get Borderlands for £15 on disc. I'll wait until next week when i can buy myself things again.

Macmanus

No idea what the next day clue is. Some old timey looking pilot. Did they make Blazing Angels for PC? That might be fun.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Macmanus said:
No idea what the next day clue is. Some old timey looking pilot. Did they make Blazing Angels for PC? That might be fun.
US one is Trine.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
Anyone who, like me, was waiting for Machinarium, can now get it straight from the devs for $10, plus it comes with Samorost2 and both games soundtracks.

fyi

dimb

Macmanus said:
It's not Trine, unless Trine patched in a WWI dog fighter class.
I'm seeing this:
2enz2qe.jpg

Which is Thief from Trine standing in between the Wizard and the Warrior.

Macmanus

Dance In My Blood said:
I'm seeing this:
2enz2qe.jpg

Which is Thief from Trine standing in between the Wizard and the Warrior.

And I'm seeing a pilot with goggles flying a plane giving the thumbs up. I'm in the US, but going through a Canadian server. Doubt that has much to do with anything, though.

(For the record, sure do hope it's Trine.)

19Kilo

Macmanus said:
And I'm seeing a pilot with goggles flying a plane giving the thumbs up. I'm in the US, but going through a Canadian server. Doubt that has much to do with anything, though.

It was definitely Rise of Flight when I checked a couple hours ago (US site). Now it's showing the Trine image.

So, battlefield 2 complete for £7.50 in the UK, and in 24 hours time it's Crysis Warhead (I would think, not the maximum edition artwork being shown)

webrunner

Macmanus said:

Try force-refreshing (shift or control refresh), sometimes images tagged as 'background image' don't reload properly.

soldat7

K.Jack said:
Anyone who, like me, was waiting for Machinarium, can now get it straight from the devs for $10, plus it comes with Samorost2 and both games soundtracks.

fyi

Seriously good deal. I was waiting for the D2D deal, but not anymore!

19Kilo

Ok, the holiday page is showing Trine (50% Off) and then the price: $19.99 down from $29.99. Ummm, math?

And isn't that game normally $19.99 everywhere else?

Edit: Looks like gamersgate has it for an actual 50% off = $9.99 down from $19.99. Maybe I'll get it there.

Edit again: Bah, just as I check again D2D have updated it to $9.99. Bastards.

dimb

19Kilo said:
Ok, the holiday page is showing Trine (50% Off) and then the price: $19.99 down from $29.99. Ummm, math?

Maybe they mixed up the price initially. D2D has it for $10 now, which is the same as the Steam deal a recently.

If someone hasn't picked it up yet now is certainly the time.

poppabk

Cheeks Spread for Digital Only Future
19Kilo said:

Edit: Looks like gamersgate has it for an actual 50% off = $9.99 down from $19.99. Maybe I'll get it there.
I'm seeing $9.95 reduced from $19.95.

19Kilo

Dance In My Blood said:
Maybe they mixed up the price initially. D2D has it for $10 now, which is the same as the Steam deal a recently.

If someone hasn't picked it up yet now is certainly the time.

Yup, must have been mixed up initially.

Macmanus

Machinarium for $9.95 for US. I think I already bought this from Steam a while back but have yet to play it.

Once again I have no idea what the clue is for tomorrow. Looks like some sort of super hero. Maybe Champions Online?

Machinarium is available for $7 on Impulse or $10 with Samorost 2 and the soundtracks from the developer so you're best off avoiding D2D with that deal.

Macmanus

Champions for $30 seems weird, since I saw it on sale a few weeks back for $25. I wonder how it's doing. I heard not too well.

Looks like the US is on deck for Torchlight. Poor timing on IGN's part.

Macmanus said:
Champions for $30 seems weird, since I saw it on sale a few weeks back for $25. I wonder how it's doing. I heard not too well.

Champions is $15. Also like Conan it to now has a free demo up to level 15 on Steam in case you want to try before you buy.

TimeKillr

Macmanus said:

I bought Champions when it was on sale on Steam.

It's City of Heroes all over again, sadly. Only with only one server, unbalanced powers, and not much fun. :(

Graphically it's horrible, the writing's boring, the combat mechanics are weird and while original they're just not very well done.

If D2D would have timed the US deals how they did the UK deals I would have purchased more games, but I ended up getting what I wanted on sales on Steam instead. Terrible timing on their part going with shitty things like 2 Need for Speeds, Tiger Woods, and Prototype instead.

Macmanus

Looks like DA:O is the next deal. At least they managed to get something in that isn't on Steam's massive sale list.

Terrifyer

Banned
Nothing too exciting, but it looks like they're crediting $5 to anyone's account who bought something during the sale. It can be used on anything, but since all of the deals are back up, that could mean a free Mirror's Edge, Mercenaries 2, NFS Pro Street or Empire Earth III.

I just picked up Vampire the Masquerade Bloodlines for $5 and change after using the $5 credit. Question...does anyone have a suggestion about which patch to use? There seem to be quite a few. I guess I only really care about being able to play at 1680x1050 or 1080p, but if there's a reason to use a specific patch I will.

Chairhome

^^ There's a thread on here that talks about all the stuff you need to know about patching/playing Vampire.

I'll update the OP with the new deals.

Top Bottom