• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Direct2Drive's 24 Days of Christmas Sale (1 discount game a day)

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
Dance In My Blood said:
Nah, next UK deal is Torchlight.

The European deals so far have been much more interesting.
Indeed it is.

Torchlight 50% off at £7.50, I was half expecting 33% so getting a full 50% off has made me a happy bunny.

SO BOUGHT.

Chairhome

webrunner said:
Tommorow is
Lord of the Rings: Conquest
if anyone is wondering.
Thanks, updated.

Dance In My Blood said:
Nah, next UK deal is Torchlight.

The European deals so far have been much more interesting.

Cool, thanks. Didn't even realize that Trine was the first UK deal already! Tomorrow is
Section 8
for UK.

dimb

Bjergsen is the greatest midlane in the world
Macmanus said:
Is LOTR Conquest any good? If I'm looking for a fantasy RTS should I just grab Majesty 2 instead?
Conquest is certainly one to avoid.

Durante

I just got in on the Torchlight deal after seeing it in this list. This was the first time I bought from D2D and I have to say that so far I prefer it to Steam.

- No shitty client, just download a zip file from an ftp server using whatever the hell I want
- I got 2.8 MB/s (that's 3 minutes for Torchlight), as opposed to the 900k I get on a good day on Steam

neoism said:
Man I hope Mercenaries 2 is 9 or lower, loooved it on the 360..

The port is one of the worst ports in recent memory. Lackluster performance, QTEs that don't reference the keyboard commands, really not worth it if you have it for another platform.

neoism

Peronthious said:
The port is one of the worst ports in recent memory. Lackluster performance, QTEs that don't reference the keyboard commands, really not worth it if you have it for another platform.
Well thanks for the headsup, I"ll just get on the 360 again, I played the hell out of it last year, but traded it in!

Javaman

I sold my 360 version of Mercs2 and bought the PC one. Unfortunately it crashes on start-up in XP. but runs fine in Win7. It's the only game I can recall giving me such trouble.

Macmanus

Really curious how much
SF4
is going to be. Probably $20, but for me to justify the double dip I hope it's cheaper.

Chairhome

Street Fighter IV is $19.95
Thinking about double dipping... Looks great on PC and there are a lot of costume mods...

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Hmm, not really sure what tomorrows hint is supposed to be, OpFlash 2 seems as good a guess as any, maybe Arma 2.

TheExodu5

Banned
Chairhome said:
BF2 Complete for $14.95. Doesn't sound too bad... maybe worth a pick up?

Steam had a similar price (may have been $20 though). Honestly, if you're the type of person that formats often, the extra price is worth it for the Steam version. BF2 has a very long and painful update process...the current update is 2GB. The Steam version is great for not having to worry about that.

dekjo

Chairhome said:
Dec. 11 -
Dragon Age?

Yeah, that's what it looks like to me. Already got the game from an earlier Steam sale, but am still curious as to whether this'll be better.

Citizen K

Hmmm. Rome Total War worth a punt? Its only £2.50, but I could never quite get into the demos for all the games in this series...

biocat

dekjo said:
Yeah, that's what it looks like to me. Already got the game from an earlier Steam sale, but am still curious as to whether this'll be better.

It's up and only $10 off. The Steam deal was better, if only by a few dollars.

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
Javaman said:
I sold my 360 version of Mercs2 and bought the PC one. Unfortunately it crashes on start-up in XP. but runs fine in Win7. It's the only game I can recall giving me such trouble.
Yeah, I heard it runs great on Win7. Weird.

K.Jack

Knowledge is power, guard it well
The UK list is so much more to my liking. I'd love to get the Machinarium sale on the US store.

Tiger Woods tomorrow for US? Who the f cares? I want Trine, Torchlight, and Machinarium, hopefully they do come out like someone mentioned.

soldat7

cr_blah_blah said:
Tiger Woods tomorrow for US? Who the f cares? I want Trine, Torchlight, and Machinarium, hopefully they do come out like someone mentioned.

I basically just said the same thing to myself. lol

Bah, I missed Sims 3. My brother got it for $30 during the D2D Black Friday sale, and he had me interested in picking it up here. Looks like it wasn't too great of a deal anyway.

Still interested in Machinarium, and I might cave on something else for ~$5.

DryvBy

Awesome deals. I want to see Steam do this too. I loved that Medieval 2 pack. One of the best games I never played until recently.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
DryvBy2 said:
Awesome deals. I want to see Steam do this too. I loved that Medieval 2 pack. One of the best games I never played until recently.

If they do what they did last year, Steam is going to throw an epic sale of death.

DryvBy

:lol
Sinatar said:
If they do what they did last year, Steam is going to throw an epic sale of death.
They've nearly broke me with the past few weeks. I think last year I got that 4 pack (Far Cry, IL-2, Beyond Good & Evil, something else) for $10. It was like Orange Box all over again :lol

Top Bottom