• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dirty Bomb open beta thread

Kade

I don't like TotalBiscuit much but it's good that he at least researched what he was talking about instead of reacting on emotion and pandering to teens for views.

Moobabe

Thanks for nothing guys

CIg8OtbWwAAR6Mb.jpg

Saprol

I guess you could rag on him for not being optimal when he's starting out in the game.

I have <10 hours in this game so I have no idea when I'll get a chance to try every primary on one merc.

Moobabe

I guess you could rag on him for not being optimal when he's starting out in the game.

I have <10 hours in this game so I have no idea when I'll get a chance to try every primary on one merc.

I've got 24 hours and I have rubbish loadouts. Luck of the draw I guess.

Grief.exe

I've got 24 hours and I have rubbish loadouts. Luck of the draw I guess.

I just try and create that good bronze loadout and never push that forward until I have an acceptable silver.

My silver and gold crafting has been abysmal so far.

I hope they do some more double credit weekends so we can grind out some more mercs.

Moobabe

I just try and create that good bronze loadout and never push that forward until I have an acceptable silver.

My silver and gold crafting has been abysmal so far.

I hope they do some more double credit weekends so we can grind out some more mercs.

One of the things that I wish the game had (and have mentioned it to a couple of friends who work at SD) is the ability to keep something from a loadout when you trade up. So maybe a weapon or a particular perk. I had the machine pistol for Proxy, for example, but when I traded up to a silver I got the normal pistol which doesn't suit me at all.

They're working on something thoughl

squall23

One of the things that I wish the game had (and have mentioned it to a couple of friends who work at SD) is the ability to keep something from a loadout when you trade up. So maybe a weapon or a particular perk. I had the machine pistol for Proxy, for example, but when I traded up to a silver I got the normal pistol which doesn't suit me at all.

They're working on something thoughl
*trade 3 somewhat good spare Aura Iron shotgun loadouts*

*gets arguably the worst bronze SMG loadout*

This is my punishment for getting a cobalt on my 2nd roll ever.

mkenyon

Banned
*trade 3 somewhat good spare Aura Iron shotgun loadouts*

*gets arguably the worst bronze SMG loadout*

This is my punishment for getting a cobalt on my 2nd roll ever.
SMG Aura is best Aura.

Her high mobility isn't so she can be a twitch shotgun fighter, her high mobility is so she can stay in the back lines and still get to different spots to quickly support from the rear.

Something about this game just feels off. I've reinstalled 3 times now.

I've been having problems trying to make the gameplay feel smooth. For some reason running in windowed mode is feeling better for me but not sure.

Unrelated the in game voice chat volume keeps resetting when I turn it to 0. Is there any way to just disable it that sticks?

For smoothness, I use a user made config file. I think I just used google to find one. It is noteworthy that they are working on getting more video options based on what users edit to make it so we don't have to edit config files and it makes it so people can't abuse editing config files as well.

You should know that they already have them server-side. It's just a matter of switching the tools for an easy client-side interface, then releasing it. Neat.

They said they still need to work on it so each patch doesn't make break each old recording. I knew they had something in the works but not what was holding them back from letting us use them.

For smoothness, I use a user made config file. I think I just used google to find one. It is noteworthy that they are working on getting more video options based on what users edit to make it so we don't have to edit config files and it makes it so people can't abuse editing config files as well.

Really if some setting in their engine is just broken and is causing problems with latency or something then it would be best if they fix it than give people options that make the game look awful.

Really if some setting in their engine is just broken and is causing problems with latency or something then it would be best if they fix it than give people options that make the game look awful.

Huh? I didn't say anything about a setting being broken. They're just making it so people can conveniently choose lower video settings without having to resort to editing config files which can also be abused. If your rig is good enough, you don't need to edit anything.

I wish most games took note to their approach because I think most games could benefit from more options.

I think the starter pack value is pretty good. Even if you already got fragger for free from that giveaway, you're getting 4 specific mercs and any 1 extra merc (well, 50k credits), and 2 elite cases. It is a bit more than 5-7 bucks, being 30.

If you want something cheaper but still higher value, I'd go for a bundle which is like 10-15 bucks.

Moobabe

After dropping 30 hours in the game and being mates with a couple of guys working on it (who won't give me credits..) I bought the starter pack - figured I've got some decent time out of it.

Spend most of the credits on cases...

After dropping 30 hours in the game and being mates with a couple of guys working on it (who won't give me credits..) I bought the starter pack - figured I've got some decent time out of it.

Spend most of the credits on cases...

I'd spend the credits on mercs. You get cases for free just by playing matches quite quickly imo.

Firebrand

All his footage was him using burst rifles and the blishlok. Nobody gonna bite?
I keep unlocking burst rifles for Skyhammer and Fragger. Can't say I like them much.

When can we expect a new rotation, and which mercs will go? Almost got another 30K grinded out and am looking primarily at Sawbonez, but if Bushwhacker is on his way out that could be an option too.

edit: Proxy in? Typical, that's who I bought with my 30K about a week ago, lol.

At one point people were calling for nerfs for the BR-16. I don't understand the hate it gets here, although it is a bit more tame now than it was back in earlier test phases.

BruteUA

Brute won a code yesterday, so there's a decent chance. Follow the channel and type in whatever they ask. Usually !raffle.

It hasn't gone out yet tho, I asked for Nader and was hoping to get in some playtime before the next rotation. I may have chosen poorly, I just played a match as Bushwhacker and have never played better.

Top Bottom