• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten |OT| - Defend The Prinnies, Define Your Netherworld.

I wish Disgaea came in a can so I could drink it at work.

hTSN1.png

Hmm, so apparently I can make custom Senator always appear? Crazy. x_x

Hmm, guess that's wrong. Didn't work just now.

The sign in the game that tells you stuff said you could make it so one senator would always appear, but I guess that wasn't it.

Luigi87

Just finished the story, clocking around 56 hours (Item World is addictive).

... The trophy you get for completing the story
The End of the Beginning
is so appropriately named.

Wow the item duplication exploit method is making the game way more interesting. Sub 150 lvl characters already dealing in 200K range just by stacking 6 gladiators on one weapon.

On another note, I cant believe a character is named Soy Sauce Base and Soup of the Day...

Einbroch

Banned
I'm totally Disgaea'd out. I just can't invest another 300 hours like I did between Phantom Brave and Disgaea 1.

Beat the game, grinded a bit...then couldn't go any farther. I'm so sorry.

Hecatonchires Custom said:
So after downloading HD Asagi, how do you get her?

You have to clear her postgame stage, which unlocks the SD Asagi, and pass a bill in the senate to make her into HD

Nose Master

I can't get fusion magichange to work? Do they have to be at full SP or something?

Also, will I spoil anything by looking at a trophy list? Why are they all hidden? :(

Luigi87

Nose Master said:
I can't get fusion magichange to work? Do they have to be at full SP or something?

Also, will I spoil anything by looking at a trophy list? Why are they all hidden? :(

No, as long as they have any amount of SP left (which of course means they're still fused) they can Magichange... As long as the one they've fused into a giant is on the Fusion Weapons Lab symbol.

Nose Master

Luigi87 said:
No, as long as they have any amount of SP left (which of course means they're still fused) they can Magichange... As long as the one they've fused into a giant is on the Fusion Weapons Lab symbol.

Fusion Weapons Lab! Nevermind~

Lets say my Big Banger has a lot of statisticians in his armour. And, I magichange him with a giant monster. Both monsters also have armour full of statisticians. Do all three sets of statisticians then stack or does it only count the ones on the Big Banger?

scy

Android18a said:
Lets say my Big Banger has a lot of statisticians in his armour. And, I magichange him with a giant monster. Both monsters also have armour full of statisticians. Do all three sets of statisticians then stack or does it only count the ones on the Big Banger?

Just the Humanoid. On top of that, the cap is 16x 300 Statisticians (+4800% EXP). Also of note, if you use Dual Magichange, you won't get any of your Innocents from your 1st Armor slot in addition to the loss of the ones on your weapon. Basically, put your Statisticians on your bottom two Armor slots.

Ah ok, cool.

What home base is everyone using? I've claimed Mt Ordeal 2 as mine :) Shame you have to place every single NPC down, though, it looks a bit cluttered.

Android18a said:
Ah ok, cool.

What home base is everyone using? I've claimed Mt Ordeal 2 as mine :) Shame you have to place every single NPC down, though, it looks a bit cluttered.
I haven't changed mine yet, but I was thinking about the roller coaster stage. Or maybe I'll just do a custom one. If I had more CP to buy things, that'd probably be even more fun.

So, I completely forgot about the rank 34 limit, so now I'm trying to open up that land full of murderous intent before I do anything else. I wanted to get all the post game endings, go through and actually save them all instead of just having the trophies pop up and reload, and I was thinking it'd probably to best to do that before bothering with anything else.

Gamble

"TAKE A DUMP ON THE FACE OF COMMON SENSE!!!!"

Still the greatest line I heard this year, I am picking this up later this week can't wait haven't played this game consistenly since the original was released on PS2.

RetroMG

Nose Master said:
Fuka is the worst character ever :(. Thank god Val/Fen make up for it. The president's son is pretty bad, too.

Would I be correct in assuming you're pretty early in the game? I thought they were both horrible at first, but they grew on me significantly by the end. (It doesn't hurt that my Emizel is a tiny God of destruction.)

scy

Dedication Through Light said:
After watching this video (lvl 1 to 9999 in 2mins), is the only real benefit of the magichange fusion just wider range, it didnt seem Vals stats change as a result of the magichange?

It depends on the equipment you have. Regular ol' Magichange merely adds 30% of the Monster's base stats when they Magichange (regardless of it being Magichange, Gaint Magichange, Dual Magichange, whatever) so equipment tends to just be flat out better than them eventually.

However, there's an Evil Symbol later (Beast Lab) that changes it from 30% of their base stats to 30% of their total (equipment, buffs, etc.) stats. With Magichange Lover, you can easily get up to an over 50 Million ATK weapon (and, even without the Magichange Lover Innocents, you can still get over 30M). It's still kind of relegated to a cute trick, sure (and almost all of those stats are overkill) but they can eventually become ridiculous.

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Nose Master said:
Fuka is the worst character ever :(. Thank god Val/Fen make up for it. The president's son is pretty bad, too.
Nose Master
I have bad taste
(Today, 03:42 PM)
Reply | Quote

Damn, Fuka is my #2 damage dealer. She and val are pretty much mopping the final chapter by themselves. I'm not a huge fan of The President's Son but I've been using him just fine. Honestly I've found finrich to be useless but I think that's just the punch skills. Most of them except the last ones and just no good and have to be used in too specific of a situation.

Nose Master

RetroGamer42 said:
Would I be correct in assuming you're pretty early in the game? I thought they were both horrible at first, but they grew on me significantly by the end. (It doesn't hurt that my Emizel is a tiny God of destruction.)

Yeah, only Chapter 3. I think Emizel's lines seemingly being written by Ice-T (in the first few acts) just kinda turned me off his character. I'm sure they'll get better. Fuka is your generic, whiny cliche. At least I can look forward to Fenrich being a dick to her the rest of the game. I hope.

Trojita said:
Nose Master
I have bad taste
(Today, 03:42 PM)
Reply | Quote

I dunno. Fuka is pretty terrible most of the game.

Nose Master said:
Yeah, only Chapter 3. I think Emizel's lines seemingly being written by Ice-T (in the first few acts) just kinda turned me off his character. I'm sure they'll get better. Fuka is your generic, whiny cliche. At least I can look forward to Fenrich being a dick to her the rest of the game. I hope.

This is definite.

scy

Desco's pretty ridiculous, honestly; I'd say best Story Monster thus far but it's not like she has much in terms of competition (what, Beryl?).

Good area of effects (cross, 3x3), great Evilties, Magichanges into a Sword with great damage on them, and is your source of early late-game grinding (
9-4, to get ready for Mt. Ordeals 4
). Hard to fathom she's doing that bad vs lower level targets; she has great Aptitudes and Red Monster Weapons have great ATK as well.

Not that Fuka's bad, though. I benched her eventually, but mostly because I didn't need an Axe user for awhile and I had other character projects to work on until I got to her. She's eventually get to 300% Aptitudes, though, since I can't think of anyone to use for Axes besides her anyway.

BobTheFork said:
At 10 level over the enemy, none of her attacks will even take half an enemies life. I haven't used her in the last three chapters at all.
Is her equipment up to date? Equipment from 3 chapters ago is the only reason I could see her sucking that bad. xD

lljride

scy, I can't login to Gamefaqs at work, but I just wanted to say that stat cap thread you posted over there is incredibly helpful. The only piece I'm not totally clear on is the Cabinet boost, probably because I've ignored it completely until now.

scy

lljride said:
scy, I can't login to Gamefaqs at work, but I just wanted to say that stat cap thread you posted over there is incredibly helpful. The only piece I'm not totally clear on is the Cabinet boost, probably because I've ignored it completely until now.

The Cabinet boost section I had a bit longer originally but post-size limits had me trim off most of it. Basically, whenever you gain a level, the game checks your Cabinet position (if applicable) and then every single Cabinet position within your Evil Symbol(s). Every single one of those bonuses is granted. If you stack them all, it's somewhere around +52.5% ATK, +52.5% INT, +27.5% ALL to you gains per level.

Master Milk said:
Is her equipment up to date? Equipment from 3 chapters ago is the only reason I could see her sucking that bad. xD
Well I suppose since I didn't think she was great to start I haven't used her or updated her equipment. I haven't upgraded Fuka much either but she is just tearing it up.

I prefer Val's final attack to Mao's, much better coverage and use IMO.

Gvaz

Banned
I have D3, but apparently they made this as well. Why should I buy this if I have 3? This genre doesn't really change that much and idgaf about the story.

BobM

319157_2502370883336_1374879004_32881723_2058087740_n.jpg

Sardines!

Gvaz said:
I have D3, but apparently they made this as well. Why should I buy this if I have 3? This genre doesn't really change that much and idgaf about the story.

if you have to ask...you will never know :)

but seriously they have added some nice new features. The magichcange system was improved, the monster fusion feature is neat, and the new Heart Cannon Club allows for some ridiculous insane combo's. The story so far has been really enjoyable as well. (i am on chapter 4) But yeah, alot of the new featues aside from the HD sprits probably wont be a big deal if you are not really a Disgaea fan.

Gvaz said:
This is a better game. It doesn't sound like you like the genre too much though, so you probably shouldn't bother.

BobM

Nose Master said:
I was seriously considering buying some sardines last night. How gross are they?

i didn't open or try them. i just keep a can of them on my coffee table to look at while i play :)

Nista

Fresh/frozen sardines are much tastier than the canned kind. Probably easiest to find in an asian grocery (in the US at least).

I should have a sardine-themed dinner sometime in honor of Valzy.

1. Sardines are fucking gross.
2. Fuka hate...somewhat warranted...but she's easier to take if you consider she's a moron. (she is)
3. I just woke up from a 12 hr disgaea coma. (my internet went down)
4. my random pirates are up they have some crap gear (well its good for their levels) should be easy to beat though PSN ID: AkumaHokoru

Freshmaker

I am Korean.
Nose Master said:
I was seriously considering buying some sardines last night. How gross are they?
If you can stand canned tuna, they're not a whole lot different. Mustard sardines were awesome IIRC.

Nose Master

To preface this: I'm really enjoying the game. However, I jumped into the user-created maps last night... What a failed mess. Please correct me if I'm wrong about any of this:

-You can't search or filter the gross amount of maps by anything other than user ranking and... strength?
-There is no way to preview the levels of mobs on a particular map without actually entering it. Well, there's the one number, is that the sum of all of the mobs' levels?
-99% of the maps are just characters sitting in a 3x3 formation that don't actually have any AI programmed in. (I know these are grinding maps, but they could have made a search flag for that.) Or just a jumble of the user's randomly leveled team sitting there.
-You can't place single blocks, only preset tile patterns.
-You have to use your current roster as the mobs for the levels (what in the fuck?) I hope they at least treat them as images of your characters at the time of map creation.

Also, does your senator that roams other people's games / the one activated by the red cellphone ever receive any sort of benefits?

AkumaHokoru said:
4. The random pirates are up they have some crap gear (well its good for their levels) should be easy to beat though

Random pirates? How do the pirates work in this game, exactly? Same as 3 (completely random in the item world 21+?)

Freshmaker said:
If you can stand canned tuna, they're not a whole lot different. Mustard sardines were awesome IIRC.

Do you just eat them whole, "raw" out of the can? I'm a rookie when it comes to sardine technology.

Trojita

Man the boss at the end of chapter
beat the shit out of my team. And she starts with the magichange weapon already equipped? The fuck is that?

Trojita

Nose Master said:
Wut

Diablos

I'm stuck on 3-4:
Vengeful Road
. I know the Geo Puzzle is impossible to solve, but if you destroy the red one, throw the blue one on the red square, then destroy it as well, the ally boost for enemies is negated.

Any advice for this one? Or perhaps I should just level up...

Nevermind, heart cannon ftw :D

Top Bottom