• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten |OT| - Defend The Prinnies, Define Your Netherworld.

My pirates and senators never report anything... is that just because so little people play or am I missing something? It's been a couple days now.

First time in a Disgaea game and getting lost in the item world for fun at 5-3, my main Val is 110, way OP for the main story and I know I can raise the enemies up but I might not.

Diablos said:
I'm stuck on 3-4:
Vengeful Road
. I know the Geo Puzzle is impossible to solve, but if you destroy the red one, throw the blue one on the red square, then destroy it as well, the ally boost for enemies is negated.

Any advice for this one? Or perhaps I should just level up...

Nevermind, heart cannon ftw :D
Oh, seems you got it already. >.>

Impeccable said:
My pirates and senators never report anything... is that just because so little people play or am I missing something? It's been a couple days now.

First time in a Disgaea game and getting lost in the item world for fun at 5-3, my main Val is 110, way OP for the main story and I know I can raise the enemies up but I might not.

Whos really gonna give away bribes to senators, when everyone is trying to maintain full warehouse and item bag stock to item duplicate like crazy?

Dedication Through Light said:
Whos really gonna give away bribes to senators, when everyone is trying to maintain full warehouse and item bag stock to item duplicate like crazy?

I don't know, that stuff is beyond where I want to comprehend at the moment, I'm sure I'll get there.

What reduces the damage of skills, is it RES?

Impeccable said:
I don't know, that stuff is beyond where I want to comprehend at the moment, I'm sure I'll get there.

What reduces the damage of skills, is it RES?
Depends on what the skill is based off of. Res is for Int and Res based attacks, Def is for everything else. I think.

The newest Prinny Bomb seems to indicate that the DLC will start coming in November, I wonder why did they schedule it so far after the games release.

To be far, this is much earlier than the schedule NISA had for Disgaea 3. I would imagine that they might want to give more time for people to actually finish the game instead of tossing out DLC characters as soon as possible.

Sure, no one might care two months after its release, but it isn't that long of a delay.

dakkumauji said:
To be far, this is much earlier than the schedule NISA had for Disgaea 3. I would imagine that they might want to give more time for people to actually finish the game instead of tossing out DLC characters as soon as possible.

Sure, no one might care two months after its release, but it isn't that long of a delay.
But this is D4 . . .

DLC really should come within a month after release for that first wave, so people know that there will be DLC support for the game while it's still fresh in their mind and they're actually still playing it.

scy

Speaking of this, the most recent JP patch doesn't fix this duping method either. Though, from what I can tell, the JP community didn't know of it either until it was found out recently.

Nose Master

Impeccable said:

I got a shitty Clown Staff today from it. I think it's just a fun little add-on, mostly... which is ruined because they randomize your characters name when it's sent to another game. :(.

What are the requirements for unlocking dual magichange / fusion magichange?

I also got a bow with a unique innocent, should I bother leveling it until I have LoC?

Finally my copy arrived.

bxe2bhwd4d5xki4bb.jpg

Trojita

Rapid Response Threadmaker
Last boss kicked my teams ass. I'm fooling around in Item World now building up my characters. I finally got the magichange geo symbol.

Should I start stacking Statisticians, Broker, Manager, and I guess Mentor? Is there any way to go about doing this? I haven't really ever explored the end game in a disgaea game before.

If I restart the story after beating the game, can I still do all of the post game content any time at the start of that new story? Kinda sucks that you need to do this to get the
androids class

As far as the legendary tree evil symbol goes,
do these epilogues just add to the ending? What I mean is that is there an ending and then the epilogue, and if you hadn't done anything with the legendary tree would the epilogue not happen, but the main ending would be the same?

What's so special about the pirates? What are these meow pirates I keep hearing about?

Trojita said:
Last boss kicked my teams ass. I'm fooling around in Item World now building up my characters. I finally got the magichange geo symbol.

Should I start stacking Statisticians, Broker, Manager, and I guess Mentor? Is there any way to go about doing this? I haven't really ever explored the end game in a disgaea game before.

If I restart the story after beating the game, can I still do all of the post game content any time at the start of that new story? Kinda sucks that you need to do this to get the
androids class

do these epilogues just add to the ending? What I mean is that is there an ending and then the epilogue, and if you hadn't done anything with the legendary tree would the epilogue not happen, but the main ending would be the same?

What's so special about the pirates? What are these meow pirates I keep hearing about?
There's a duplication trick that's really easy to do, so you should definitely stack everything you want before starting anything else. It's a really easy way to start dealing massive damage and making mana and hl requirements irrelevant.

If you restart the game, you'll have to go through the entire game all over again before getting back to post game stuff.

I've only beaten the game once, so I can't speak on endings.

I think the pirates you're talking about carry a special pirate ship part that you need to open LoC.

I uploaded desco as a support pirate she's by herself at level 450 wearing only something called dupe mats it has 8 innocents (4 statistician and 4 manager stacks both maxed at 300 each) and is level 84 (though i did 2 of the reverse pirate levels on it) I dont know if you can steal from support pirates but if you can feel free to add me and abuse my poor desco (sorry i would reincarn her but i need her at her current strength) this is my psn id for the record.

scy

Nose Master said:
I got a shitty Clown Staff today from it. I think it's just a fun little add-on, mostly... which is ruined because they randomize your characters name when it's sent to another game. :(.

The item (if it's too high in Rank) is also randomized, I believe and the Innocent contents are always randomized. So ... yeah, it's more for fun.

What are the requirements for unlocking dual magichange / fusion magichange?

Giant Magichange - Kill a Level 100+ Enemy with a Giant Monster.
Dual Magichange - Kill a Level 1000+ Enemy with a Magichange wielding character (doesn't have to be Giant).

Trojita said:
androids class

You have to do the story again. I'd wait to restart for after you have some decent equipment (or, at the very least, high mobility characters) to make the run through as easy as possible.

When you beat the game for the normal ending, you get an Epilogue after the credits determined by the relationships set up in the Legendary Tree. There's a certain priority to them as well in case you have multiples set up:

Vulcanus (Lovers) > Fenrich (Comrade) > Fuka (Mentor) > Desco (Step-sibling) > Emizel (Rival) > Vulcanus (Default/No Relationship)

As for how you establish those:

Lover - Have Valvatorez heal Vulcanus 10 times.
Comrade - Team Attack 10 times.
Mentor - Have Valvatorez cast spells from Fuka (she can learn Target Lock) 10 times.
Step-sibling - Have the Valvatorez use the Protect command on Desco 10 times.
Rival - Have Valvatorez attack Emizel and Emizel counter-attacks 10 times; you can swap the order all that matters is the Attack -> Counterattack.

As for the remaining three not used for endings:
Twin - Have the Leader and character set to Twin wear the same equipment for 10 battles.
Second-cousin - Deploy both the Leader and the character set to Second-cousin for 10 battles.
Archenemy - Kill the Archenemy 10 times.

Each pirate (well, the Reverse Pirate ones share) has a unique Ship Part that they drop when you kill them all. Some of them even come with Unique Equipment (Warrior Pirates, for instance). The Meowkin Pirates have the P Flonzor X Ship Body Part that you need to enter the Land of Carnage. They're also pretty rare and annoying to find.

AkumaHokoru said:
I dont know if you can steal from support pirates but if you can feel free to add me and abuse my poor desco (sorry i would reincarn her but i need her at her current strength) this is my psn id for the record.

I don't believe you can steal from online Pirates of any form; you could capture invading player Pirates in the JP version but I haven't tried it in the US Version. You still don't get the items though, but, if it works, it's a nice way to get 300% Aptitude characters with the Chara World Evilties/Weapon Skills.

Trojita

So there is a default ending
involving Vulcanus
that will change if you get the legendary tree ending?

Are the
androids
worth getting?

scy

Trojita said:
So there is a default ending
involving Vulcanus
that will change if you get the legendary tree ending?

Are the
androids
worth getting?

Sorry, I knew I left something out; they're both the same, just if you need to reset the priority for some reason then there's the
Lover option
to do so.

As for
Androids
... they're alright, I suppose. They have pretty bad Aptitudes across the board for the start and their primary purpose for most people is to Chara World with them to get the Violence Evilty (+50% All Stats, -50% EXP Gained). I like them from a sprite/voice perspective so I'm using them for my 300% Aptitude character. If you're expecting them to just start replacing your other characters, though ... that won't really happen.

So, really, you're not missing much if you don't unlock them for awhile.

Trojita

Okay cool thanks! So they are the same then? So I don't even need
to get lovers
to see the epilogue with
Artina
if I didn't get any legendary tree relationships to begin with? If I get another legendary tree relationship, I won't see the ending epilogue that you get by default or with
lovers
?

scy

Trojita said:
Okay cool thanks! So they are the same then? So I don't even need
to get lovers
to see the epilogue with
Artina
if I didn't get any legendary tree relationships to begin with? If I get another legendary tree relationship, I won't see the ending epilogue that you get by default or with
lovers
?

If you do nothing, you get the
Vulcanus Epilogue
. If you set up any other Legendary Tree relationship, you'll get that Epilogue instead. If you set up
Lovers
, you get the
Vulcanus Epilogue
since it has the highest priority.

gate777

Screw you Meowkin pirates, screw you. After so many attempts of finding you I am just about to give up. Seriously, why make it so damn hard to encounter them in the first place?

Fiinally found those stupid cats. Took entirely too long. I ran across the color shop during one of my early unsuccessful runs! I ended up having to pass it up! Oh well. Now I just gotta finish getting the last two chest ship parts and I'm off to LoC.

lljride

There's a lot of fairly important Item World events that are stupidly rare. I got a little lucky when looking for Meowkin Pirates, only took me about 3 hours or so.

The second promotionhell ticket vendor is giving me problems now. I've probably gone through a few hundred mystery gates on floors 51-100 and he just will not show up. Also having a hard time finding (post game character spoiler)
Prinny Kurtis
. Found him once so far, that's it. At least I'm leveling up R40 items at the same time, so it's not all reset/reload.

Negator

Abused duping and now I have hella brokers, managers, and statisticians. Grinding should become significantly easier.

Status Report

I'm still not in the LoC, but that's because I took a detour.
I watched all the epilogue endings and beat all the post story story battles.
I got a legendary R39 monster and sword from the last two.
I've got Desco and Val at Lv9999, so they're unstoppable for now.
I opened up all the classes and tiers while leveling Val.
I'm in Item World now, and I was looking for the scalper to buy the first half of the set.
Found him before I could even start typing this post up. xD
I've got too much hl, I had to count to make sure it was actually going down while buying the set.
I was going to level the monster weapon a bit, but since I got the tickets so quickly I'll open up LoC first.
After that . . . dunno.
I want some DLC though!

Good luck? Haha, nope.

I spent a good hour and a half getting the last two pirate ship parts from the chest.
I spent at least six finding those stupid cats for their piece.
It took at least 20 minutes each of reloading for both of those weapons I stole, which is a lot for a supposed 1/8 chance of legendary.
For the tickets, I think being in the Item Boost side helps.
I never see them treasure or innocent boost side.

scy

Since it's all over GameFAQs currently and I don't know how many people post/read that, I'll hopefully have a full 300% Aptitude Android (with all Weapon Skills and a good chunk of the Chara World Evilties) uploaded for Pirating by tomorrow night. It can be captured so that should make the process of getting an uber character a lot easier for those who didn't want to spend the 100+ runs doing Chara World.

Nose Master

What's the proper technique for reverse pirating to maximum efficiency? I'm assuming you max out turns on your ship, then line up monsters (and send a few tossers up to the innocent cache) and hope the monsters don't die?

scy said:
Since it's all over GameFAQs currently and I don't know how many people post/read that, I'll hopefully have a full 300% Aptitude Android (with all Weapon Skills and a good chunk of the Chara World Evilties) uploaded for Pirating by tomorrow night. It can be captured so that should make the process of getting an uber character a lot easier for those who didn't want to spend the 100+ runs doing Chara World.
That's awesome. That'll save a lot of time for making generics. Is it gonna be at level 1 for easy capturing, or are you gonna make people work for the reward? xD

scy

Nose Master said:
What's the proper technique for reverse pirating to maximum efficiency? I'm assuming you max out turns on your ship, then line up monsters (and send a few tossers up to the innocent cache) and hope the monsters don't die?

Basically. Though, you can get a higher enough Turns to stay count (caps at 9) that makes it less stressful. You can easily spend a turn or two killing everything and still have 7 turns left to get everything back to your ship.

Negator said:
Is
Prinny Suit
missable? Are any items missable?

It is missable, though just for that cycle. There's nothing in Disgaea 4 you can miss permanently.

Master Milk said:
That's awesome. That'll save a lot of time for making generics. Is it gonna be at level 1 for easy capturing, or are you gonna make people work for the reward? xD

It's Level 1 and it should just "appear" on Turn 1, you don't have to actually wait for it. Currently, she's only at 250%-ish All Aptitudes with all but one Tier 8 Skill (Destroyer - Axe). I'm at work so I can't finish her yet but the goal is for her to be done tonight with at least all the Weapon Skills and 300% Aptitudes.

And then Dark Souls comes out :/ Damn it...

Hooray, beat my first Disgaea game. A little too easy after I powerleveled for a bit but it's kind of what I wanted.

Powerleveling, MoO stuff and actually understanding how to do this item stuff properly is next up.

What are good resources or a step-by-step guide outline for what to do post game for a person like me, a newbie to the series?

Negator said:
Is
Prinny Suit
missable? Are any items missable?
usually a item is a once per cycle. if you forget to take it you can always cycle again for it.
if its a 1 get then the boss will have it till you take it

gate777 said:
Screw you Meowkin pirates, screw you. After so many attempts of finding you I am just about to give up. Seriously, why make it so damn hard to encounter them in the first place?
Because your avatar sucks.
Gate 13.

Impeccable said:
Hooray, beat my first Disgaea game. A little too easy after I powerleveled for a bit but it's kind of what I wanted.

Powerleveling, MoO stuff and actually understanding how to do this item stuff properly is next up.

What are good resources or a step-by-step guide outline for what to do post game for a person like me, a newbie to the series?
you would do well to check gamefaqs they can point you in the direction of the next big battle that you'll have to prepare for.

scy said:
Basically. Though, you can get a higher enough Turns to stay count (caps at 9) that makes it less stressful. You can easily spend a turn or two killing everything and still have 7 turns left to get everything back to your ship.

It is missable, though just for that cycle. There's nothing in Disgaea 4 you can miss permanently.

It's Level 1 and it should just "appear" on Turn 1, you don't have to actually wait for it. Currently, she's only at 250%-ish All Aptitudes with all but one Tier 8 Skill (Destroyer - Axe). I'm at work so I can't finish her yet but the goal is for her to be done tonight with at least all the Weapon Skills and 300% Aptitudes.

And then Dark Souls comes out :/ Damn it...
send me a friend request when you get home so i can grab that and mirror it

gate777

Steiner_Zi said:
Because your avatar sucks.
Gate 13.

Στ' αρχίδια μου βάζελε. ;P

Finally found those damn meowkin pirates. Level 99 of a rank 34 staff on all item boost route.

scy

AkumaHokoru said:
send me a friend request when you get home so i can grab that and mirror it

I was wondering, actually, if anyone would do that for me~ I kind of don't want to do the 300% run yet again :/

Luigi87

Seeing so many trophies actually be bronze has slightly disillusioned me during all these post-game hours.

I love it, but with Dark Souls coming out tomorrow, I think it is time for D4 to take a shelf break.
... Also retired my Fuka-fied version of my avatar.

Trojita

If and when should I go through a second cycle? I'd like to get that 300% aptitude android at some point, but I don't know if it's worth it to play through a second time so soon. I like to level up my characters and the tiers to see their attacks as they get them, so I don't know if this would ruin it for me.

Anyway my Desco is level 500ish thanks to 9-4. Earlier I tried to do MoO 3, but I forgot to weaken the enemies first.

How do you get the
Prinny Suit
?

scy

Trojita said:
If and when should I go through a second cycle? I'd like to get that 300% aptitude android at some point, but I don't know if it's worth it to play through a second time so soon. I like to level up my characters and the tiers to see their attacks as they get them, so I don't know if this would ruin it for me.

Well, the Tier 7 and 8 Weapon Skills on it are from Chara World only so depends on if you were planning to run Chara World over and over to get them. As of now, the Android is at 250% Aptitudes across the board so that's around 80+ Chara World runs and I'm still missing one of the skills.

And I suppose I can swap it out for an early tier Valkyrie or something. Just ... not much of a "Scyborg" otherwise...

Oh god bad puns have affected me :/

How do you get the
Prinny Suit
?

Steal it from the
first fight with Pringer X, if I recall.

scy said:
Well, the Tier 7 and 8 Weapon Skills on it are from Chara World only so depends on if you were planning to run Chara World over and over to get them. As of now, the Android is at 250% Aptitudes across the board so that's around 80+ Chara World runs and I'm still missing one of the skills.

And I suppose I can swap it out for an early tier Valkyrie or something. Just ... not much of a "Scyborg" otherwise...

Oh god bad puns have affected me :/[/spoiler]
Oh yea, is it a Tier 1 Android? They have the lowest aptitudes in the game, right? That'd probably be best so that if you reincarnate into something else you're still 300 across the board.

scy said:

A VERY novice Disgaea fan here, I can capture your Android? How do I go about doing that?

Master Milk said:
Do serums work with dual stat specialists? Where do you get them from?

And how do mushrooms work? >.>
the mushroom room is popular for the 5 peices of meat you can throw. those meats can boost your level by multiples.

AkumaHokoru said:
the mushroom room is popular for the 5 peices of meat you can throw. those meats can boost your level by multiples.
The item world room? Throwing meat? What? xD

I'm talking about the mushrooms in regular maps though. The ones with status names. How do those work?

Top Bottom