• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disgaea 4: A Promise Unforgotten |OT| - Defend The Prinnies, Define Your Netherworld.

TheExodu5

Banned
Alright, so another guy on the NISA forum who is having my issue also has an aftermarket HDD in his PS3. Basically, the issue is that when a new character is selected, it takes a few seconds or so before their weapon is loaded, and in that time, movement commands are ignored. This is causing unexpected outcomes during the tutorials, and is simply annoying during gameplay.

I'm going to try swapping the HDD back to the original PS3 HDD to see if that fixes it. If not, then I'll assume the issue is my Blu-Ray drive. I hope it's not the Blu-Ray drive...

scy

Dedication Through Light said:
When does
Death Emizel
join the party? Definitely my favorite character in the game apart from Axel.

Chapter 4, though I don't remember which mission of it. Want to say it's fairly late into it if not after it's over.

Saroyan said:
Did you have to contact NIS to get it fixed or are they just sending out new emails?

Should be automatic. I got my code (two e-mails, at that) and I never contacted them about it.

lljride

scy said:
For what it's worth, I haven't actually tried it to see if it still works in Disgaea 4. It's just the only Senator trick I could think of.

Yeah, that's what I was referring to. I've seen some posts alluding to it on Gamefaqs and the NISA forums, so I'm almost positive it's still in D4.

gate777

TheExodu5 said:
Alright, so another guy on the NISA forum who is having my issue also has an aftermarket HDD in his PS3. Basically, the issue is that when a new character is selected, it takes a few seconds or so before their weapon is loaded, and in that time, movement commands are ignored. This is causing unexpected outcomes during the tutorials, and is simply annoying during gameplay.

I'm going to try swapping the HDD back to the original PS3 HDD to see if that fixes it. If not, then I'll assume the issue is my Blu-Ray drive. I hope it's not the Blu-Ray drive...
I have an aftermarket HDD in my PS3 and I went through the tutorials and 1 map in chapter 1 with no issues.

It's a seagate 250GB 5400rpm and I used it in my first 60GB PS3 (R.I.P) and now it's in my slim.

Schlep

gate777 said:
I have an aftermarket HDD in my PS3 and I went through the tutorials and 1 map in chapter 1 with no issues.

It's a seagate 250GB 5400rpm and I used it in my first 60GB PS3 (R.I.P) and now it's in my slim.
I've got a 500gb 7200rpm Hitachi and have made it to ep 2 with no issues.

TheExodu5

Banned
gate777 said:

I believe I've got a 500GB Scorpio Blue 5400RPM in there.

We'll see tonight...

InfiniteNine said:
Might want to try setting your PS3 to rebuild it's database or whatever they call it in the maintenance menu.

I might give that a shot as well.

froliq

R_thanatos said:
Don't forget to sync your trophies BEFORE rebuilding the database .

Anyway does D4 has an european release date ?
It says October 28 on wikipedia. No source or anything, but most places say autumn 2011.

TheExodu5

Banned
Is there any way to get the code without having pre-ordered. I had no idea about the promotion until after I picked up the game yesterday. :(

scy

TheExodu5 said:
Is there any way to get the code without having pre-ordered. I had no idea about the promotion until after I picked up the game yesterday. :(

Currently, nope. She still hasn't been released as DLC even for Japan yet so relatively uncertain if FA Flonne will ever be made available outside of the pre-order code.

You guys seen the reviews? They've been really strong so far...I read somewhere that this is Nippon Ichi's Last Great Hope for profitability; hope it works out for them.

TheExodu5

Banned
scy said:
Currently, nope. She still hasn't been released as DLC even for Japan yet so relatively uncertain if FA Flonne will ever be made available outside of the pre-order code.

uuurururughghrhhrgh. :(

Rising_Hei

froliq said:
It says October 28 on wikipedia. No source or anything, but most places say autumn 2011.
The press release i got 3 days ago from Namco Bandai says that it will be released on autumn, no concrete date was given.
I will try to ask them.

I wrapped up chapter two this morning. I love it so far and it feels harder than 3 was at a base level. Or course who knows, I played 3 for so long I'm sure I lost perspective of what's it's like when ou start.

BobTheFork said:
I wrapped up chapter two this morning. I love it so far and it feels harder than 3 was at a base level. Or course who knows, I played 3 for so long I'm sure I lost perspective of what's it's like when ou start.

I agree with this, pretty hard at base levels ( thoguht it was just me).

On another note, anyone else feel the NEED to "over-level" (I like to be 3 levels above my enemies, full party).

I'm still in Chapter 2, and only 2 hours in. Why? Because I play all stages 2 times and also grind for levels nonstop. When does item world become available?

TheExodu5

Banned
Yep. Confirmed. The WD Scorpio Blue is a giant p.o.s. and does not play nicely with this game. Weapons were taking 1-2 seconds to load after bringing a character out from the base panel. With the original HDD, it's a fraction of a second instead.

C.T.

I have serious problems with map 6 episode 2. they do way too much damage, even after destroying the geo blocks. I haven't leveled a lot. Is there a better map for leveling than map 3 level 1?

Just about to finish the tutorial. Anyone got any tips? Strategies? Walking around and seeing level 100-ish and 1000-ish characters is a little intimidating.

C.T.

MisterNugNug said:
Just about to finish the tutorial. Anyone got any tips? Strategies? Walking around and seeing level 100-ish and 1000-ish characters is a little intimidating.

powerleveling is post game material. there are some difficulty spikes (I'm in chapter 3 map 6 and have problems) but you don't have to level a lot. just buy the newest equipment and pass some "more expensive stuff" bill.

Nix

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
There aren't even any Flonne DLC codes for sale on eBay. :(
Wow, really? NISA just sent me mine, like a few hours ago. Small world.

How's the difference between regular Flonne, and this one? Purely aesthetic?

TheExodu5

Banned
Nix said:
Wow, really? NISA just sent me mine, like a few hours ago. Small world.

How's the difference between regular Flonne, and this one? Purely aesthetic?

From what I understand, this one is offensive. Regular Flonne is supportive.

Not a huge deal, I guess. I really hope they release her as DLC at some point.

Grinchy

Banned
TheExodu5 said:
Yep. Confirmed. The WD Scorpio Blue is a giant p.o.s. and does not play nicely with this game. Weapons were taking 1-2 seconds to load after bringing a character out from the base panel. With the original HDD, it's a fraction of a second instead.
Wow wtf?? I can't remember if I have a blue or black installed in my PS3, but it's definitely a WD scorpio drive. Or is it a caviar...hmm. I haven't bought this game but I hope this isn't the case for my drive.

Erekiddo

TheExodu5 said:
From what I understand, this one is offensive. Regular Flonne is supportive.

Not a huge deal, I guess. I really hope they release her as DLC at some point.

I don't see why they wouldn't. Disgaea 3 had a ton. I'm assuming this will too.

I blew about $60 on Disgaea 3 DLC. I'm ready to blow another $60.

TheExodu5

Banned
NeoNess said:
I don't see why they wouldn't. Disgaea 3 had a ton. I'm assuming this will too.

I blew about $60 on Disgaea 3 DLC. I'm ready to blow another $60.

Well, apparently she hasn't been released in Japan, so. =\

scy

NeoNess said:
I read that, but, are they finished with their DLC updates yet?

They're not so hope isn't entirely lost but, at the same ... she hasn't been released there yet. If she is, it'll probably be whenever they're done with DLC as a final bundle pack or something. NIS/NISA has been pretty adamant up to now that she'll never be an actual DLC though.

Wow the final map of Episode 4 had me stuck for a few hours and my party was mostly at lvl 30. The map layout is rather unfair and took me 40 minutes to finish on top of having over 20 Teriyaki's.

MechaX

I randomly decided to pick up one of the few copies left at GameStop (didn't preorder, so no Flonne for me). I'm probably about an hour in and Valvatorez is awesome. That is all.

MechaX said:
I randomly decided to pick up one of the few copies left at GameStop (didn't preorder, so no Flonne for me). I'm probably about an hour in and Valvatorez is awesome. That is all.

Sounds to me like you're going to need some sardines

AwShucks

Only just passed the tutorials, but I am pleasantly surprised with the English VO. I don't think I'll be switching to Japanese unless some HORRIBLE voice shows up.

TheExodu5

Banned
Heh, I liked the random name I rolled for my Prinny:

c3g2z6f61ejs7f1yzkxx.jpg

I have no idea how I missed the news about preorder Flonne, but it saddens me greatly.

My game arrived on Tuesday from NISA, and I've made it to Chapter 3. The only reason I'm not farther is because I've gone into Item World a few times to try and unlock some other classes.

Sadly, I won't really have any time to play again until Sunday, maybe.

I don't know about this series but I want to start now, I'm gonna buy this game tomorrow but can someone clarify this Flonne DLC stuff for me?. Is she only a playable character?, no story or anything?, DLC won't be at the store never?.

Top Bottom