• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored |OT| The belle of the ball

Jibbed

Really want... Gonna have to wait... :(

No job and student loans. Sigh.

Surely student loans = purchase of many stupid things such as this? :p

I've gone from complete disinterest to wanting this game more than anything in about 20 minutes.

Mr. F

Banned
Really looking forward to this, but torn between it and XCOM...my gut tells me to wait for reviews (even though I think it looks great).

So, what to do with all the preorder bonuses? I still can't decide what I want.

aren't they powers you unlock through pre order bonuses in the game anyway to be unlocked through progression? I thought I remembered reading it somewhere but maybe it was for a different game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Fantastic OP. I'm so glad the thread is finally up. I'm so crazy pumped for the game.

This just reminded me why we need next gen. Seeing those shots in the OP makes me mad the real game wont look like that.

But on next gen, it really would.

Anyways, may buy. One of my top 2-3 contenders this fall (Far Cry 3 maybe, Halo 4=must buy)

This just reminded me why we need next gen. Seeing those shots in the OP makes me mad the real game wont look like that.

Anyways, may buy. One of my top 2-3 contenders this fall (Far Cry 3 maybe, Halo 4=must buy)

aren't they screenshots from the pc version? I always assume when screenshots that look that good are posted, they are from the pc version.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

On PC it does look like that.

ekim

Maybe someone who already has review copies can help me decide on the platform question:
My laptop : Intel® Core™ i5 2430M @ 2.4 GhZ, NVidia GT540M, 8 gigs of ram
Does it run without looking worse than the console versions?

I wouldn't have a problem with playing this on my 360 or PS3 but shooter-like games on consoles aren't my cup of tea when it comes to aiming. (But it certainly would be more immersive on my 47" tv than on the 15" laptop screen)

tl;dr : mouse controls vs. bigger screen...

Kinda hyped for this. Would've gotten it day one if it wasn't for...

dab56047-a12b-4a2a-a1a4-908734870124.jpg

Bethesda is only the publisher this time, but you've got to set an example. Consider Dishonoured a second hand purchase sometime in November.

jet1911

dab56047-a12b-4a2a-a1a4-908734870124.jpg

Bethesda is only the publisher this time, but you've got to set an example. Consider Dishonoured a second hand purchase sometime in November.

Why not just buy the next game they develop themselves used instead of a game they just publish? You're "punishong" ghe wrong people by doing that. :p

DukeBobby

Buying it second hand is not setting the right example.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho

So you want to punish one of only very few unique games this generation because of what another developers have done on the PS3 version of another game?

Solo

Nothing depressing at all about it. I'll take a small community over 1000+ new posts every time I re-enter an OT every day of the week.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
Sales prediction?

My guess - 1,5 million WW by the end of the year (probably 2 million shipped) with modest perfomance in US.

Jb

Besides, it's not like there's much to speculate about. We know what the game plays like, how it'll be structured, there's no MP and story doesn't seem to be the main appeal of the game.

subversus

I've done nothing with my life except eat and fap
I expect the story to be strong (if Dunwall shorts are indicative of its quality)

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Do we know if Arkane will work on some big DLCs for this game or just go to work on Prey 2? (someone has to work on that game after all).

Definitely going to go lethal my first time. I'll try to be as stealthy as possible, but I'm also going to kill as many enemies as possible.

Ammish

Banned
Welcome to every dishonored thread for the past 6 months. This is probably already the longest one.

The lines for Dishonoured were pretty big at Eurogamer Expo. As in I didn't want to line-up because it was quite long.

Compare it to DmC where the lines were pretty dead and I could jump on it within minutes, I think Dishonored isn't THAT dead.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Do we know who is doing the OST?

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
The lines for Dishonoured were pretty big at Eurogamer Expo. As in I didn't want to line-up because it was quite long.

Compare it to DmC where the lines were pretty dead and I could jump on it within minutes, I think Dishonored isn't THAT dead.

good I think, but Bethesda marketing is completely lackluster for this title,they even did a better job for Hunted.

Ammish

Banned
good I think, but Bethesda marketing is completely lackluster for this title,they even did a better job for Hunted.

Oh I definitely agree that the marketing has been shitty, but watching the lines increasing for Dishonored (on a Saturday), I believe with word of mouth, it won't be totally DOA. Probably won't light the world on fire with its sales however.

garath

I want this game. It's just bad timing and bad price.

Borderlands 2, Torchlight 2, my constant addiction to League of Legends. They aren't giving me the time to play.

Plus XCOM comes out the same day and they have the decency to price the PC game at $50.

Dishonored will probably be a steam sale for me. Maybe xmas. It's too bad. The game looks incredible but I cannot put my money into a $60 day 1 PC game.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Daniel Licht afaik.
SH Downpour, Dexter (the TV show)

Fucking sweet. His work on those animated shorts gives me Clint Mansell "The Fountain" vibes.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
Fucking sweet. His work on those animated shorts gives me Clint Mansell "The Fountain" vibes.
This is what he said: “I wanted the music to reflect 19th century London combined with modern elements, so I composed a dark ambient score with atonal textures including the Stardivari Hammer violin.”

Micerider

I'd be really depressed if it doesn't cross the million mark.

Pre-ordered it, the game smells originality and I really enjoyed the work of Arkane on Dark Messiah of M&M (on PC) and Arx Fatalis (was happy to have a free copy on Steam with this pre-order, as my original CD is not readable anymore).

EatChildren

This is what he said: “I wanted the music to reflect 19th century London combined with modern elements, so I composed a dark ambient score with atonal textures including the Stardivari Hammer violin.”

Yum.

Top Bottom