• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored: The Brigmore Witches |OT| Hey there Delilah

Salsa

iKPejmef086Sr.PNG

tumblr_lz7h6gNCI81qet8n4.gif

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Downloading NOW.

Carcetti

If this DLC doesn't let me down, Dishonored is going down to my top 3 of this generation. I just don't have enough hd space to install now after Steam sales.

I really want to get some impressions on this game before I purchase the DLC. Reviews looks pretty good so far, at least.

EDIT: Dang, didn't see the scores you just posted Salsa Shark. Sounds good, though!

fantomena

WTF? For some reason my Steam achievements disappeared so now Im gonna use SAM to bring them all back. Probably som bug in the Steam cloud.

I also just finished the DLC. Very good.

Jb

It would be neat if the DLC pulled your save from the campaign and let you see that moment from Daud's perspective.

I've been waiting to play through Knife of Dunwall until this came out. As someone who hasnt played Dishonored since it originally came out, will Knife ease me back into the mechanics, or is it advised to play the original again to sort of refresh on it?

I feel like I should replay the Knife of Dunwall again before picking this up, since the saves carry over...I played through it non-lethally, but feel like a more lethal approach fits the character more. That will also refresh my memory of the story/events in the DLC so far.

I'm still a tad bit burned out of Dishonored though. =( Between the main game and the two bits of DLC we've already gotten I've put over 60 hours into the game (beat the main game three times).

DAT START

also, newer nvidia inspector had deleted my profile settings, so, friendly reminder:

ibrwiup0w11Xc9.PNG

Is there any reason why you have transparency multisampling disabled? I've always had it on in regards to applying sgssaa to Dishonored.

Canneh wait to get home from work and play! Dishonored goodness into my veins!!! :)

Edit: Does the dlc let you choose which save it uses from Knife of Dunwall? I played through it twice for both endings.

Is there any reason why you have transparency multisampling disabled? I've always had it on in regards to applying sgssaa to Dishonored.

Canneh wait to get home from work and play! Dishonored goodness into my veins!!! :)

Edit: Does the dlc let you choose which save it uses from Knife of Dunwall? I played through it twice for both endings.

From what I understand, you can't force MSAA in these games. You're only enabling it in order for SGSSAA to work. So enabling transparency multisampling would do nothing?

Look at nvidia's own Borderlands tweak guide for reference

Salsa

From what I understand, you can't force MSAA in these games. You're only enabling it in order for SGSSAA to work. So enabling transparency multisampling would do nothing?

yup

as you start it, it says "start high chaos" (or low if that was your knife playthrough) or "start new game"

choosing chaos carries your stuff

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
So far, so good.

dishonoredhfyxb.png

Moff

first level was fun, pretty short, nothing too great, but fun. a recycled one, again. I hope the other two are completely new, the second one is, for sure, and looks pretty good.

Dunkelgrau

I enjoyed the main game (thanks to EatChildren again), but I think I have enough.

Does „Knife of Dunwall“ or „The Brigmore Witches“ bring anything new in terms of gameplay+? Is there more story than in the main game?

Or are bringing the DLCs just more of the same?

Dibbz

Fuck, my game keep crashing. In the mansion level and every time I load it just crashes. Tried an earlier save and it done the same thing hopefully restarting my computer will sort it out.

Knife of Dunwall was one of the best DLC's value-wise that I've played this gen. I easily put six or seven hours into it (I try to be super stealthy in Dishonored), so I'm looking forward to this. I'll probably wait for it to go on sale like Knife of Dunwall, but the two DLC's combined easily makes it almost like a separate, full Dishonored game content wise. .

EatChildren

]blacky[;76243975 said:
Does „Knife of Dunwall“ or „The Brigmore Witches“ bring anything new in terms of gameplay+? Is there more story than in the main game?

Some new powers and items, but similar gameplay. I did a video review of Knife of Dunwall if you want to know my thoughts: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I58L1KjiUuU

Turfster

]blacky[;76243975 said:
I enjoyed the main game (thanks to EatChildren again), but I think I have enough.

Knife of Dunwall added some new powers and more story from another side. Most importantly, it actually had
whales
. it was really really good.
Ignore the trials DLC tho.

epmode

Even though it's not really on par with something like Thief, I really love playing this game. It's better than Deus Ex: Human Revolution for sure.

But oh god, it could really use some higher resolution textures. The first in-engine scene in the new DLC is shockingly bad.

Is anyone getting certain new ingame pictures/icons replaced with the word "img"? It looks horrible! It's only happening to the new content.

Sounds like something didn't download properly. Check the game's cache files in Steam.

d00d3n

also, newer nvidia inspector had deleted my profile settings, so, friendly reminder:

Nice config. What resolution are you running the game in? Do you get good performance? 8x SGSSAA looks amazing for me, but in 1440p it is too much for my system to handle (780 sli).

Also, is it beneficial in some way to force anisotropic filtering outside of the in-game settings?

Dibbz

I really need to learn how to fight in this. Played through the main game, and the 2 DLC's with stealth but want to really let rip next time. Just run through everywhere slamming people into walls, slicing shit up.

I had the same problem with Crysis. Went stealth but then later went crazy and tore everything apart, and it was so much fun. With games like this where you get the choice I just can't help but want to stealth through everywhere.

taoofjord

Yes! So excited! Dishonored is one of my favorite games in years and the two DLCs have been really good so far. I shall milk this DLC for all its worth. :)

Moff

]blacky[;76243975 said:

I think if you had enough, I would not recommend it. there are new powers, a new storyline and a slight change to the blink ability, but I'd say its definitely more of the same. for people who'd like to play more dishonored. its still some of the best dlc I ever played. but dlc usually sucks.

Just finished the first level. Veeeery small, and a repeated environment no less, but you see far more of it than you ever did as Corvo. There's enough marked and unmarked questing in various books and notes for some proper exploring. I was a bit disappointed to see that there wasn't much mayhem to be had by releasing all the prisoners, though. They mostly just stayed in their cells, although I think one guy somehow exploded off the second floor balcony in between me pulling the lever and Blinking to a spot where I could see him.

I was hoping there'd be some kind of "Hey, let me out and I'll tell you where my hidden stash is" mission, but if there is I couldn't find it. There's a bit of lore to be found about the prisoner in D11 causing trouble with members of a rival gang, but he didn't do anything when I let him out. Ah well, nice to finally meet Lizzy Stride, anyway. Did anyone figure out if there's a way to turn off the Overseer music that plays outside the prison? I tried firing explosive bolts at the speakers and whacking them with my sword to no avail, and I couldn't find any whale oil tanks to remove to cut the power. I suppose they're just always on.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member
]blacky[;76292275 said:
Okay, thank you GAF - I'll think I skip the DLCs now.

Daud and the additional story make them worth buying, imo.

]blacky[;76292275 said:
Okay, thank you GAF - I'll think I skip the DLCs now.

one guy tells you not to get it and you say "thank you gaf"?

the story dlc are great and add a lot more to the game. more weapons, powers, lore, characters, locations, abilities, etc.

I would have really liked it if these DLC packs included newly recorded NPC dialogue. Fifty-something hours into Dishonored, I've heard quite enough of "Stupid goddamn..." and "Think you'll get a promotion after what happened last night?" "Indeed, I think so", thankyouverymuch.

Top Bottom