• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dishonored: The Knife of Dunwall |OT| It's straight up Daud time

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Just watched this, and I agree with your assessment of the game.

Great review, agree with virtually said. Will be interesting to see where they take Daud in the second DLC. Also really liked the introduction of
Delilah and what it potentially means for the sequels.
I really hope they build on it in the second DLC and any sequel.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I'm still very amateurish. My mic is shit, my speaking voice is kinda arse, and I don't know how to cut audio properly. But I'm learning, and enjoy making them.

Funnily, Googling the name Brigmore Witches (also the title of the next DLC pack) links to a note from Daud you can find during the main Dishonored game, not the DLC.

Rinaldo, do the job as you were told and do not question my planning again. Yes, the women who meet in the ruins of the Brigmore manor possess abilities like our own. And they use poisons, administered by dart. But just as you share my ability to blink across space through the transversal trick, you also inherit my resistance to some toxins. As I told you when you first joined us, it is another of my gifts that whoever serves me loyally shares in some of my power. This may or may not aid you against their poisons.
The leader of the Brigmore witches must pay for her betrayal. If you succeed, your share will be enough to build a fine home in Serkonos in your old age, assuming you live.

- Daud

So they were referencing them before the DLC.

Thanks guys, appreciate it. I'm still very amateurish. My mic is shit, my speaking voice is kinda arse, and I don't know how to cut audio properly. But I'm learning, and enjoy making them.

Funnily, Googling the name Brigmore Witches (also the title of the next DLC pack) links to a note from Daud you can find during the main Dishonored game, not the DLC.

It was well done, I look forward to your next one.

Huh, good catch. Sounds like the DLC was planned well in advance. The mention of a betrayer must be pointing to
Delilah
right?

I played this on 360 and one point that disappointed me was that the dlc has a more aggressive FXAA filter going on - the main game on 360 is noticable sharper.

That are things i don`t understand and would like to ask the devs, why in the hell they opted for a more blurrier picture, and didn`t use the sharper and better main game solution to make it consistent.

Rufus

I still dont get the new Blink thing lol...I am probably doing it and not realising it...
Time stops when you use it and don't move, i.e. don't touch the left stick or WASD. Which means you can make drastic direction changes or extend your jump by blinking in mid-air. Corvo's doesn't work like that, because you have to aim it in real time. Miss and you fall.

I'm sure I wasn't getting this but for some reason, I've just noticed it. I have stopped the game a couple times and maybe the first time I played it wasn't this way, but either way it's pretty lame. If I use the spyglass on the bodies I can see the detail. but as soon as I pop back out it's going again.

I've seen that too. To the point where I thought I might have wrecked something in my config. It's bothering me...

I like Daud a lot more as a character than Corvo, mainly because his voice is fantastic, and when he speaks, he's actually very interesting.

Daud's voice made me wish Corvo talked in the main game.

I like Daud more than Corvo, his voice is cool

It's Michel Madsen! Of course he's going to sound awesome :)

Chairman Yang

if he talks about books, you better damn well listen
How does Dishonored compare to Bioshock Infinite?
It compares very well, although the story isn't as good. All told, Dishonored's a better game.

Like Bioshock Infinite, it has an atmospheric, fresh city as a setting that's like a character in itself. It has lots of story strewn throughout its levels, although Dishonored's mix of talking with characters, audiologs, overheard conversations, books, and notes is a lot better than BI's nearly exclusive focus on exposition through audiologs and Elizabeth.

Unlike BI, it has genuinely open level design with lots of alternate approaches. The controls are better, and the combat scenarios are more interesting than BI's Halo-like combat playgrounds. The Charms are a better-designed version of BI's clothing upgrades, and the powers are more versatile and more interesting than BI's Vigors. Ignoring stealth completely (which you really shouldn't), it's still superior as a pure action game. Skyrails are cool, but Dishonored gives you interesting mobility options everywhere.

D

Deleted member 102362

Unconfirmed Member

Good catch! I wonder if there were any other DLC hints in the main game.

I don't recall a Rinaldo from The Knife of Dunwall...perhaps he'll figure into the next one.

Prodigal

Banned
Well I liked the game enough to 100% it, so I'll prolly enjoy the Trials. One thing I'd like to know before getting it though is if the fun of the game mechanics is equal parts frustrating. I've heard that from a couple people getting annoyed with the arenas or whatever they are but maybe they were just bad at the game. :p

-Stranger-

How does Dishonored compare to Bioshock Infinite?

The gameplay in Dishonored is focused mainly around stealth, but you can opt to play any way you like. You also have powers kind of similar to plasmids or vigors in Bioshock.

Bioshock Infinite has a superior story, it's really quite a roller coaster ride of a game.

Both games are must-plays IMO.

Moff

finished it three times, just like the main game

one of the best dlc I ever played, a mini expansion pack basically, and they really made some effort to add replay value with several decisions a mission and a lot of different ways to reach your objectives. the trade off for that is some kind of a lack in the polish of the graphics, I just had the feeling it did not look as good as the main game. but if they had to chose between looks and gameplay/leveldesign they certainly made the right choise. gameplay is always the right choice.

the 2 new levels very really good, and big. especially the second one I'd consider one of the best of the whole game, the main game included. the third one was recycled, but id made sense, I can forgive that.

all in all, I you liked dishonored and want more, nothing speaks against the knife of dunwall, buy it.

On the PC, how do you pick up bodies? The usekey doesn't seem to work anymore.....don't know what is up :/

Edit: Got it, wasn't holding it long enough it seems. The ultimate bump!

RedSwirl

Just started the first mission. Holy shit this is Thief. It starts off just like any Thief mission with the 2D artwork FMV and equipment screen.

Top Bottom