• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney’s Frozen [OT] – They Pulled Another Tangled!

Agraavan

^I think they spend years toying with that plot and just couldn't get it to work. You can see concept art for Elsa being dramatically different, and clearly more evil.

I would love to that to work out. It would be very bold and if done right, remembered for it.

Is there anywhere I can see those concept arts you mentioned?

Still making good money $630m worldwide

I went into a disneystore near me to buy my boy a sven teddy and they are sold out and sell out almost within an hour of any Sven or Olaf stuff

Of course I want to build a snowman. Excuse me......

iITHRH4wHeYtK.gif

Mistle

I would love to that to work out. It would be very bold and if done right, remembered for it.

Is there anywhere I can see those concept arts you mentioned?

there's a few in the offical art of book. i couldn't fnd much on the net but these will do.

this one is really old, i think from back when it was 2D and pretty much completely different:

w18FZLL.jpg

and these ones are more recent:

khVOP8l.jpg

zutiS6S.jpg

in the art book there's a few more with her with dark hair, spiked and such, i believe

Sendero

We just went to see the movie a couple of days ago: First Disney movie I see since The Lion King. Not sure how that happened, since didn't know anything about it 3 months ago. And yeah.. I liked it.

The mere fact that GF and me spent some time discussing and honestly criticizing it on its own merits, show me that it really made a big enough impression. And it had several issues: The "twist" was not telegraphed enough, but at the same time we saw it coming the moment he reappeared (Disney is still predictable at some level).

And just reading that the original draft had Elsa becoming semi-villainous confirms my suspicions: There were several moments where I felt that there was another story being developing in the back, that never really materialize. At some point, I felt that Elsa would do something reprehensible and shut out her heart, just to have Kristoff (really) bring her back, with Anna's and the trolls help. Somehow it felt that's how it would have gone. But the Sister-love angle works great. For the best I say.

Didn't felt much for the reindeer, but Olaf had good moments and made wonder if he would "die" or not. Good for him. The oh-I'm-evil moment was cringe worthy, and detracted a bit from the seriousness of the ending. But overall, I'm satisfied how it resolved.

To me, Anna is the first Disney girl that really act her age in a natural way. Her naive-ness was both endearing for the most part, although I was disappointed on how quickly she
got over the betrayal and made the switch.

Elsa was outstanding. The moment when she is facing the soldiers, and is about to kill one.. the gestures.. awesome. Her animation was also the best.. specially those 2 seconds during "Let it go", just when the castle start to rise and she twist around.. it really looks like I'm seen a real person.

oh... another wall of text. TL/DR: Movie has issues, but it's satisfying.
Will take a look to Entangled.

Extra: The French, Italian, Hungarian and Latin-Spanish versions of "Let it Go" sound better to me, even though is pretty obvious that the traducers took some serious liberties.. for the worse.

zroid

Banned
I'm probably dumb enough to blow all my DMR points on Frozen merch if some were to show up instead of waiting for something sensible like a blu-ray I want.

Just got back.

THIS MOVIE IS THE BEST HOLY SHIT

Okay, it is not perfect. I just realized that I do not like the Summer song by Olaf. At all. Although they do recycle it into a great gag at the end, when Kristoff says "Someone has to tell him." :)

I brought two friends with me. They were supposed to go see American Hustle, one of whom was very adamant about it, but after nagging at him for a while, he conceded and came with me. They both did. And they loved it.

I feel pretty good about myself. :)

Did anyone buy the artbook for Frozen?

Where's the best place to buy Frozen merch and how much is that artbook ?

Just got back.

THIS MOVIE IS THE BEST HOLY SHIT

Okay, it is not perfect. I just realized that I do not like the Summer song by Olaf. At all. Although they do recycle it into a great gag at the end, when Kristoff says "Someone has to tell him." :)

I brought two friends with me. They were supposed to go see American Hustle, one of whom was very adamant about it, but after nagging at him for a while, he conceded and came with me. They both did. And they loved it.

I feel pretty good about myself. :)

Where's the best place to buy Frozen merch and how much is that artbook ?
I'm glad that your friends liked it. I want to bring my sister to see this film, she's going to finish her college entrance exam this weekend, but next week is finals week...

As for the artbook, I was considering buying it from Amazon(25.5 dollars ATM), but I don't know if the content is worth it.

zroid

Banned
I just realized that I do not like the Summer song by Olaf. At all. Although they do recycle it into a great gag at the end, when Kristoff says "Someone has to tell him." :)

I love that song, lol. I find it hilarious.

probably my favourite in the whole film (of admittedly mostly less than stellar songs)

I've been wondering something: does Disney do motion capture for their films ? I believe that everything is hand-animated, including the facial expressions, but you never know.

Red_Man

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Finally got around to seeing this, and I have to say I wasn't expecting much from the trailers and after how much I enjoyed Tangled. I was so wrong though, what a great movie, still not as good as Tangled for me, but very close. I especially loved Olaf's character and his humour, and I thought he was going to really annoying. Loved everything about the movie, Disney with another home run.

Seems like they made Let It Go's Japanese version a credit-roll track only :/ And they also gave her the Demi Lovato version... wut.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tG0HpmLX0VA

Still sounds good though. Though it would be odd if Japan didn't dub the tracks... maybe they just don't have the footage ready yet?

Yay for #1! :)
Why the Demi version!? :O I mean I agree its good but I really want to hear Idina's version dubbed to Japanese. *_*

Hahaha loved the ending of the song. <3

zeopower6

Seems like they have cast Takako Matsu as Elsa's voice in Japan. (she is probably best known as the lead in Confessions/Kokuhaku)

They also mention her singing, so it sounds like we are definitely getting the songs dubbed in Japan. However... her voice is sort of more 'relaxing' than a powerhouse vocal like Idina's so it'll be interesting to see how her Let It Go sounds.

frozen-med.jpg

Film Synopsis: Walt Disney Animation Studios presents a chilly twist
on one of the most humorous and heartwarming stories ever told. “Disney Animation’s best since The Lion King” (William Bibbiani, CraveOnline) will melt your heart.
Fearless optimist Anna sets off on an epic journey — teaming up with rugged mountain man Kristoff and his loyal reindeer Sven — to find her sister Elsa, whose icy powers have trapped the kingdom of Arendelle in eternal winter. Encountering Everest-like conditions, mystical trolls and a hilarious snowman named Olaf, Anna and Kristoff battle the elements in a race to save the kingdom.

Bring home Frozen on Blu-ray High Definition — featuring a blizzard of never-before-seen bonus extras with gorgeous animation, memorable characters and unforgettable music. It’s dazzling fun for the whole family!

Voice Cast: Kristen Bell (“Forgetting Sarah Marshall,” “Hit & Run,” Showtime’s “House of Lies,” Broadway’s “The Crucible”) as Anna; Idina Menzel (Broadway’s “Wicked” and “Rent,” “Enchanted”) as Elsa; Jonathan Groff (2013 Sundance Film Festival’s “C.O.G,” “Taking Woodstock,” Fox's “Glee,” Broadway’s “Spring Awakening”) as mountain man Kristoff; Josh Gad (“The Internship,” “Love & Other Drugs,” Broadway’s “The Book of Mormon”) as the lovable snowman Olaf; Santino Fontana (Broadway’s “Cinderella,” “Brighton Beach Memoirs,” “Billy Elliot”) as Hans; Alan Tudyk (King Candy in “Wreck-It Ralph,” “42”) as the Duke of Weselton; Ciarán Hinds (“Game of Thrones”) as Pabbie & Chris Williams (“Bolt,” “Prep & Landing”-executive producer/story by) as Oaken
Directors: Chris Buck (Disney Animation veteran and director of Oscar®-nominated films “Tarzan,” “Surf’s Up”) & Jennifer Lee (screenwriter of the Oscar-nominated “Wreck-It Ralph” and the first female director in Disney Animation feature history)
Producer: Peter Del Vecho (“The Princess and the Frog,” “Winnie the Pooh”)
Screenplay by : Jennifer Lee (Wreck-It Ralph)
Original Songs by: Kristen Anderson-Lopez (“In Transit,” “Winnie the Pooh”) & Robert Lopez (Tony® Award winner, “The Book of Mormon,” “Avenue Q”)
Original Score by: Christophe Beck (“The Hangover” movies, Oscar®-winning short “Paperman”)
Release Dates: Digital HD & Digital 3D: February 25th, 2014
Blu-ray Combo Pack, DVD & On-Demand: March 18th, 2014
Direct Prebook: January 21, 2014
Distributor Prebook: February 4, 2014
Packaging: 2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy) & 1-Disc DVD
Bonus Features: • The Making Of Frozen (Blu-ray, Digital)

• D’frosted: Disney’s Journey From Hans Christian Andersen to Frozen (Blu-ray, Digital)
• Breaking The Ice - The Real Making Of Frozen (Blu-ray, Digital)
• 4 Deleted Scenes with introduction by Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee
• Original Theatrical Short - “Get A Horse” (Blu-ray, Digital & DVD)
• “Let It Go” Music Videos by Demi Lovato, Martina Stoessel & Marsha Milan Londoh (Blu-ray, Digital & DVD)
• Frozen Teaser Trailer (Blu-ray, Digital & DVD)

*Digital bonus offerings will vary per retailer
Suggested Retail Pricing: 3-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray 3D + Blu-ray + DVD + Digital Copy + Music Download) = $49.99 U.S./$56.99 Canada

2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack with Digital Copy (Blu-ray + DVD/ Digital Copy) = $44.99 U.S./$47.99 Canada

2-Disc Blu-ray Combo Pack (Blu-ray + DVD) = $39.99 U.S./$42.99 Canada
Feature Run Time: Approximately 102 minutes
Rated: US: PG / Canada: G (CE and CF)
Aspect Ratio: Blu-ray: 1080p High Definition • 2.39:1
DVD: 2.39:1 • Enhanced for 16x9 Televisions
Sound: Blu-ray: English 7.1 DTS-HD Master Audio and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital, Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks DVD: English 5.1 and DVS 2.0 Dolby Digital; Spanish and French 5.1 Dolby Digital Language Tracks
Languages: English, French and Spanish
Subtitles: English SDH, Spanish and French Subtitles (Applies To Film Content Only)
To learn more visit: Our Facebook page @ facebook.com/DisneyFrozen
Follow us on Twitter @ Twitter.com/DisneyAnimation
Source: http://www.dvdizzy.com/frozen-2013-pressrelease-0318.html
I don't know why Disney is so reluctant to give us more information about the US version 3D blu, damn you Disney.

I wonder why they are not selling the 3D Blu-ray disc yet. Did they do the same thing with Tangled ? Releasing the standard movie first and a 3D bundle later ?

I wonder why they are not selling the 3D Blu-ray disc yet. Did they do the same thing with Tangled ? Releasing the standard movie first and a 3D bundle later ?
3D bundle is available on amazon.co.uk, I hope Disney won't pull the same shit they did with Oz the Great and Powerful(releasing 2D and 3D BD separately at full price).

Edit: It was rumored that that Walmart had the exclusive right to the 3D bundle(http://www.walmart.com/ip/Frozen-3D-Blu-ray-Blu-ray-DVD-Digital-HD-Music-Bundle-Walmart-Exclusive-Widescreen/33658326), but it got pulled as well, now only Amazon UK/DE and BestBuy have it.

And there's this mysterious preorder page on Amazon.

Tangled Ever After wasn't released until after the Blu-ray release.

I'm sure they're working on a short for Frozen, but I doubt we'll see it until the end of this year at the earliest.

That was on the Cinderella Blu Ray, wasn't it?

A lot of people seem to be clamoring on more back story as to how Elsa became "cursed" Wouldn't mind something with the parents or to this effect.
Although this is probably too serious for a short, and we'll just get something cute and funny which is fine.

Mistle

Calling it now, it'll be an Olaf/Sven short

And man, I was hoping for better Special features than Tangled, but it seems there's still not even a commentary

Top Bottom