• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney’s Frozen [OT] – They Pulled Another Tangled!

zeemumu

tumblr_mxemb1ITSA1qazhb2o3_250.gif

lich-king-o.gif

‘Frozen’ Bonus Feature Lengths May Leave Fans Flurry-ous
Potentially adding insult to injury — after confirming no foreseeable plans for a 3D Blu-ray domestic release — it turns out that the total length of the bonus features for the March 18, 2014 Blu-ray release of Frozen (pre-order) sum up to less than 40 minutes — and that includes four music videos.

We now have the running times for each of the bonus features, as per the British Board of Film Classification and aside from confirming that there appears to be no audio commentary, it also appears that some of the behind-the-scenes ‘documentary’ type material comes up short. The individual bonus features and their approximate length in minutes:seconds are as follows:

The Making Of Frozen (3:08) – People want to know how movies are made, this piece will do that for you. Hosts Kristen Bell, Josh Gad and Jonathan Groff take you deep into the Disney Animation Studios on a musical tour written by composers Kristen Anderson Lopez & Robert Lopez. Directed By Kenny Ortega (Blu-ray, Digital)

D’frosted: Disney’s Journey From Hans Christian Andersen to Frozen (7:09) – While Frozen is a new and unique fairy tale, the story of Hans Christian Andersen’s The Snow Queen was one of Walt Disney’s projects in development for years. Through research and never before seen concept artwork by Marc Davis, we take a look at the legacy of this story and how it lead the way for Frozen. (Blu-ray, Digital)

Breaking The Ice – The Real Making Of Frozen (6:10) – Join the filmmakers and crew of Frozen as we go behind the scenes and explore how this modern Disney Classic was made. (Blu-ray, Digital)

4 Deleted Scenes with introduction by Directors Chris Buck and Jennifer Lee – Never Underestimate The Power Of Elsa (1:22), The Dressing Room (2:35), Meet Kristoff #1 (1:12), Meet Kristoff #2 (1:16)

‘Let It Go’ Music Videos by Demi Lovato (English, 3:40), Martina Stoessel (Spanish and Italian, 7:16) & Marsha Milan Londoh (Malaysian, 3:49) (Blu-ray, Digital & DVD)

Frozen Teaser Trailer (1:24) (Blu-ray, Digital & DVD)

I'm experience a Frozen-Fever.

Symptoms include:
- Listening to "Let it Go" all day long
- Extreme levels of joy
- Warm and fuzzy feelings in chest area
- Goofy smiling
- Need to randomly burst into dance and song (Though I personally exhibited these symptoms since birth)

Frozen has quickly become one of my favorite Disney movies.

Also I just found out:

tangled-frozen.jpg

Hope Disney can keep putting out movies like Tangled and Frozen.

Xamdou

Looks like I will be waiting for the definitive 3D version with all the full featured extras then. Thanks for making us wait longer Disney!

When I go to check out, it goes from £20.00 to £16.67. Not sure why, as I have no Amazon UK credits. With shipping it only comes out to 32 US dollars which actually isn't terrible for a 3D Blu-Ray release from Disney.

Oh, and it's Region-Free which is awesome.
Amazon UK adds the tax beforehand, it would be deducted once you check out (if you are importing).

How interesting. Yeah, I would be importing.

I think it's more interesting it's Region Free. Why not lock it? US and Canada Blus will be region locked, and this is the 3D everyone wants. I guess it goes to the same parent company, just a different division.

How interesting. Yeah, I would be importing.

I think it's more interesting it's Region Free. Why not lock it? US and Canada Blus will be region locked, and this is the 3D everyone wants. I guess it goes to the same parent company, just a different division.
It mostly has to do with the publishers' policy, like most of Sony's and Disney's releases are region free.

I can't recall many US disney releases being region free.

However, I doubt that a few of us folk importing the 3D Blus from Europe from the time being will hurt their eventual US 3D release. (Especially how it seems they're planning on Milking this thing dry.)

Oh and Sing-A-Long weekend at the theatre for Frozen this weekend! Who's going? ;)

The info Amazon had on their bluray products is not 100% correct for most of the time. Same goes for bluray.com's region information, they rely on the users' feedback, a region free release would still be listed otherwise if no one in certain regions reported back.

It is rumored that the reason Disney is doing all this is they are pushing digital 3D, but I don't see it going anywhere, Frozen 3D on VUDU costs 35 dollars or something.

And I won't be seeing the song along version, I don't live in the states.

cajunator

Banned
I'm experience a Frozen-Fever.

Symptoms include:
- Listening to "Let it Go" all day long
- Extreme levels of joy
- Warm and fuzzy feelings in chest area
- Goofy smiling
- Need to randomly burst into dance and song (Though I personally exhibited these symptoms since birth)

Frozen has quickly become one of my favorite Disney movies.

Also I just found out:

tangled-frozen.jpg

Hope Disney can keep putting out movies like Tangled and Frozen.

I have all the preceding symptoms but I was that way long before (except listening to Let It Go over and over and over)

Just got back from seeing it for the sixth time. There is no stopping the loving.

Elsa is straight up a waifu. Rapunzel is pretty adorable.

Lies. Anna is beautifuler than both.

Anna would be my wife, Esla, my mistress and Rapunzel, my daugther. That's their categories ! :)

So can these be bought straight from the Disney store ? I don't see a "buy" button or anything suggesting that it might be back-ordered or anything. :/

edit: wow that's weird; Chrome is totally blocking the right part of the page, where the price, description and quantity is, whilst Firefox does not.

So can these be bought straight from the Disney store ? I don't see a "buy" button or anything suggesting that it might be back-ordered or anything. :/

edit: wow that's weird; Chrome is totally blocking the right part of the page, where the price, description and quantity is, whilst Firefox does not.
Weird, mine looks fine, I'm using Chrome too. They are both showing as out of stock, there's no buy button.

Not possible due to the cameo at the coronation party :p

Not really. We don't know when the movie takes place in relation to Tangled Ever After, and the coronation ceremony takes place three years after the parents' deaths. For all we know, Eugene and Rapunzel could already be married by the time Elsa is crowned.

zroid

Banned
Wait, it was only three years after the parents' deaths? Wow -- my memory is failing me hard. Thought it was a much longer time. That's why I said it wasn't possible, because Rapunzel looked about the same age as in Tangled.

Also... I had to look up Tangled Ever After just now, because I didn't know that was a thing. Is it good?

edit: oooh it's a short. I should watch that, I guess.

Wait, it was only three years after the parents' deaths? Wow -- my memory is failing me hard. Thought it was a much longer time. That's why I said it wasn't possible, because Rapunzel looked about the same age as in Tangled.

Also... I had to look up Tangled Ever After just now, because I didn't know that was a thing. Is it good?

edit: oooh it's a short. I should watch that, I guess.

It's just a small skit with Pascal and Maximus. Don't expect to be mind blown. Although there is a pretty good gag at the beginning.

zroid

Banned
If only the Canadian dollar weren't so shit right now, I might consider importing that steelbook. It's great.

But I'm just not spending $50 on a single movie.

hertog

Just watched the movie.

Meh 6.5/10

Things I liked:

- great villain, with a logical reason for his actions
- The winter world looks awesome
- the reindeer was funny at times, but acted too much like a dog....
- the comic relief character was actually a bit capable
- the troll song was pretty good
- Elsa had a strong character

thing I hated:

- Anna was an awful annoying character.
- People look so bland with this CGI art style, it's the reason I didn't liked tangled
- Too many songs, not enough memorable ones.
- The baby troll, though he had only 2 or 3 lines. Goddamn he annoyed me.

zeopower6

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah! I can’t stop listening to ‘Let It Go’ in 25 different languages.

Amazing! It sounds like it’s sung by one person, and the Japanese part gave me goosebumps.

Takako Matsu did a pretty good job. Though I think I really want to hear the Mandarin version of the movie from Taiwan. (the mainland got a different version) I think it has my favorite version of Let It Go so far~

Clip of For The First Time In Forever in Japanese

Oh my god, Sayaka Kanda is Anna. That's Seiko Matsuda's daughter. She does a really good job with For The First Time In Forever!

Seems like they translated it to "for the first time since I was born" :p~

Just to let you know, the Madarin shown in the 25-language-MV is from China. It sounds nice, but the Chinese translation butchered the lyrics, I prefer the Taiwanese one.

zeopower6

Just to let you know, the Madarin shown in the 25-language-MV is from China. It sounds nice, but the Chinese translation butchered the lyrics, I prefer the Taiwanese one.

I wonder if the lyrics differ in the 'pop' version in Taiwan since it seems like a few words were changed in the film version vs. the pop version in China.

Top Bottom