• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Sharing can be directly cross-platform with a Disney ID account. User generated content that has been vetted by Disney will be available on all online platforms.

DDayton

(more a nerd than a geek)
So... what prevents someone from using an RFID reader/writer and some blank tags from using any character they want, exactly?

Been thinking about getting this for the kids; 5 year & 11 year old. Only issue is I got them Skylanders for Christmas (Both the original and giants) and while they played it for a while they haven'y touched it in a while. However they love Disney & Pixar stuffs and I've been wondering about this.

How is Infinity compared to Skylanders? The same game in a different wrapper or is there any specific differences? I haven't really followed this game honestly.

Frazley

Definitely not the same game. Each playset comes with 6-7 hrs of storymode and 8-10 for completionists. Once you unlock toys you can create your own levels and games in the toybox mode using toys you unlocked during the playset. These can be uploaded and downloaded from the Disney cloud.

I finally realized what game the single player reminds me of! Donkey kong 64, each character could go certain places and collect their own stuff.

4Scarr

Banned
I want online where I can look at levels available then select to play ala little big planet. Is this available in infinity ?

Dragoshi1

Can't wait, I have it preordered at target, so I get a free figure and power disc pack.

Here's my haul for tomorrow;

Target:
Starter Pack
Randall figure *free
Power Disc Pack *free
Lone Ranger Playset

TRU:
Crystal Lightning Mcqueen
TRU Exclusive Power disc album (using the BOGO deal)

Chucker

I need to figure out my plan of attack. Haven't preordered, but saw how Skylanders went the first time, guess I'll show up to TRU around 8. The 20% off the starter set is strong.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
I got my daughter to watch the video so I pulled the trigger on the TRU deal. She'll have to wait for Christmas (doesn't know I bought it) but by then hopefully Rapunzel, Jessie and the Frozen girls will be out by then.

Fantomex

Gamestop and Target are offering free figures, Toys R Us is trying to compete with 20%off? Or are they offering free figures too?

So at TRU you get a free figure and 20% off? Are they throwing in one additional power disc pack as well with this deal? May have to move my pre-order...

Yes that is the way i see it, 20% + a free figure with preorder. Not sure about the power disc. Online they are but in store my preorder card just said a free figure.

DodgerSan

My daughter loved skylanders, and more to the point Toy Story 3. Her birthday was in April and she's been waiting for her 'surprise main present' since! Friday should be fun :)

XShagrath

Yes that is the way i see it, 20% + a free figure with preorder. Not sure about the power disc. Online they are but in store my preorder card just said a free figure.
I thought the 20% off coupon isn't active until tomorrow?

My plan of attack is hit up Target at 8AM tomorrow for the half-off playsets and then head over to TRU for the game itself (and Crystal McQueen if they have any).

I thought the 20% off coupon isn't active until tomorrow?

My plan of attack is hit up Target at 8AM tomorrow for the half-off playsets and then head over to TRU for the game itself (and Crystal McQueen if they have any).

I will use the 20% coupon tomorrow when I go pick up and pay for the game. The pre-order is only reserving it, i haven't paid for it yet. Unless that's not the way it works, I may call this afternoon just to make sure.

Top Bottom