• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

This is what I found. It makes it seem like Mikes new car will be the only LE available.

Also:
Re: All Exclusive TRU Packs will include Mikes Car?

Postby RapturePanic » Sat Aug 17, 2013 7:05 pm
I cannot imagine at this point that they could contain another exclusive. The TRU ad statement, announcement of 21 discs, as well as Puddin' and I both knowing people that cracked packs open, both containing Mike's car.

http://www.toysrusinc.com/about-us/times-square/special-events/

Disney Infinity Makes Its Debut at Toys“R”Us Times Square
Sunday, August 18 at 8am

Be among the first to purchase* Disney Infinity when it launches at Toys“R”Us Times Square! Disney Interactive’s new video game platform integrates collectible figures featuring beloved characters from The Walt Disney Company and Pixar Animation Studios with an immersive video game experience that allows the characters to come to life and interact together – for the first time ever. A full assortment of Disney Infinity products, including the Lighting McQueen Infinite Crystal Series™ figure and Mike’s Car Power Disc, both found only at Toys“R”Us, will also be available for purchase.

Toys“R”Us Times Square
1514 Broadway at 44th Street
New York, NY

Thanks. But then again why TRU exclusive disc album says it holds the 20 wave 1 discs plus the 10 TRU exclusive discs? Will they release one exclusive disc per week or something like that?

Westrunner

Neo Member
With virtually no reviews has anyone dropped even a hint if this game is worth it or not? Disney properties and the sandbox are a plus but I wonder if the campaigns are awful.

If anyone has a review copy please give us some sort of sign this thing isn't a complete waste of $100+ dollars.

RkOwnage

Yeah I am a little concerned about the lack of reviews as well, was hoping they'd be coming out Friday...but it must be embargoed. Kind of a bummer, I have about $130 invested in preorders, I hope the game isn't a complete bust on the levels of EM2.

B-Dex

With virtually no reviews has anyone dropped even a hint if this game is worth it or not? Disney properties and the sandbox are a plus but I wonder if the campaigns are awful.

If anyone has a review copy please give us some sort of sign this thing isn't a complete waste of $100+ dollars.

The disney infinity youtube channel has trailers for each playset. Not much but it's something.

DodgerSan

That is a present I would also gladly wait for! :) She is going to have an awesome time! You rock!

Why thanks!

But she's the real star - not many 8 year olds would have the patience to wait 4 months for their birthday present. But I'm proud that she trusted that I know her well enough to know she'll like it. I said "Do you want something now that you'll like, or something later that you'll love?"

She chose well :)

In case you missed it earlier, the Toys R Us exclusive discs are almost assuredly timed exclusives that will be available regularly in waves 2 and 3.

Frazley

Why thanks!

But she's the real star - not many 8 year olds would have the patience to wait 4 months for their birthday present. But I'm proud that she trusted that I know her well enough to know she'll like it. I said "Do you want something now that you'll like, or something later that you'll love?"

She chose well :)
And if all goes well, it will last to infinity and beyond!

majorscud

You can play two player of an adventure playset if you own 2 characters from that set. You cannot play as Sully(Monsters University) and Mater(Cars) in Monsters University. You can play as Mike(Monsters University) and Sully(Monsters University).

Frazley

You can play two player of an adventure playset if you own 2 characters from that set. You cannot play as Sully(Monsters University) and Mater(Cars) in Monsters University. You can play as Mike(Monsters University) and Sully(Monsters University).
Which on one hand some people don't like, but without this compromise they wouldn't have been able to do this game. The IP creators pretty much insisted on this fact. ToyBox is something they compromised on to allow any character and item.

Yaari

Any plans for a ps4 / xbone version? any rumours at least?

No, but you can be sure Disney wants to grab money on this one as much as they can. They pretty much never have to develop a game again, they can do it all through this.

I definitely think a next gen version will be released next year, but there really are no rumors on that so far, it is pure speculation.

How are the load times?

Haven't really been following this closely but is this not supposed to be out yet? Was browsing the Brooklyn Target (Atlantic Center) before and it looked very very available. Like, a couple of racks of figures missing already and only two copies of the Wii starter sets out. Just a heads up for NYC-area GAF.

majorscud

No, but you can be sure Disney wants to grab money on this one as much as they can. They pretty much never have to develop a game again, they can do it all through this.

I definitely think a next gen version will be released next year, but there really are no rumors on that so far, it is pure speculation.

Disney confirmed they have started work on Disney Infinity 2, and that a new game will come out every year. Past games however will be updated to allow new characters from the sequels.

XShagrath

I will use the 20% coupon tomorrow when I go pick up and pay for the game. The pre-order is only reserving it, i haven't paid for it yet. Unless that's not the way it works, I may call this afternoon just to make sure.
I went to my local Toys R Us just a bit ago and asked if you could pre-order (thus getting the free figure and disc pack), and also use the 20% off coupon on pick-up. He said there shouldn't be any problem with that, so I happily put my $1 down.

Hopefully I'll be able to snag Crystal McQueen as my free fig. If not, I'll grab one of the ones that's not in the Villains/Sidekicks sets.

LX6k9KX.jpg

I feel like I was the only GAFer who attended the Nintendo World event.

It was pretty great. Buying the game today got you the D23 Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey figurine (While supplies last or something, I wonder how many people were in that exhibition hall if they only made 5000 of these before the 2014 version). On the 2nd floor, they had Disney sketch artists drawing whatever requests you had, and demand got so high that later on they improvised a ticket system.

There were a LOT of requests for Kingdom Hearts Mickey. I decided to throw a curveball and ask for Wart from Sword in the Stone, after all it's one of my all-time favorites.

Later on, they had members of the development team do a meet-and-greet where they could autograph your game or your free baseball cap that you got for attending the event (Why would you have people autograph clothes?)... I had no idea that Bill Roper is VP of Disney Interactive until today when Johnny V explained who he was (I thought he was Johnny V's Evil Twin at first, because I had little to no sleep from going from the Anamanaguchi concert last night straight to lining up for this, basically).

John Vignocchi is freakin' awesome. Chatted with him about all the hijinks he pulled at Giant Bombcasts, what franchises we'd like to see in future, Ryan Davis (*sniff*), man I almost wanna go to the Times Square launch event tomorrow, but that's the actual launch day so that's GUARANTEED to be crowded as hell.

Any GAFers gonna hit Times Square tomorrow?

They are pretty bad. I'm not talking Lego City Undercover bad, but still they are noticeably long.

Did you feel that the load times detracted from your enjoyment of the game? Is it something exclusive to the Wii U version?(Which I kindof doubt it will be) I thought Lego CU was a fun game but the loading times really did make it bothersome to play.

Ever since the Toy Story 3 toy box mode, I always wanted a game that expanded on that idea and Disney Infinity seems to be that game.

majorscud

Did you feel that the load times detracted from your enjoyment of the game? Is it something exclusive to the Wii U version?(Which I kindof doubt it will be) I thought Lego CU was a fun game but the loading times really did make it bothersome to play.

Ever since the Toy Story 3 toy box mode, I always wanted a game that expanded on that idea and Disney Infinity seems to be that game.

It isn't so bad that you are ready to give up and turn off the system, but they are long enough to be a pain in the butt.

It was pretty great. Buying the game today got you the D23 Sorcerer's Apprentice Mickey figurine (While supplies last or something, I wonder how many people were in that exhibition hall if they only made 5000 of these before the 2014 version). On the 2nd floor, they had Disney sketch artists drawing whatever requests you had, and demand got so high that later on they improvised a ticket system.

There were a LOT of requests for Kingdom Hearts Mickey. I decided to throw a curveball and ask for Wart from Sword in the Stone, after all it's one of my all-time favorites.

Later on, they had members of the development team do a meet-and-greet where they could autograph your game or your free baseball cap that you got for attending the event (Why would you have people autograph clothes?)... I had no idea that Bill Roper is VP of Disney Interactive until today when Johnny V explained who he was (I thought he was Johnny V's Evil Twin at first, because I had little to no sleep from going from the Anamanaguchi concert last night straight to lining up for this, basically).

John Vignocchi is freakin' awesome. Chatted with him about all the hijinks he pulled at Giant Bombcasts, what franchises we'd like to see in future, Ryan Davis (*sniff*), man I almost wanna go to the Times Square launch event tomorrow, but that's the actual launch day so that's GUARANTEED to be crowded as hell.

Aww man, had I known all that was gonna go down there I would have gone. :(

Fewr

Good to hear the figures will be compatible in future iterations of the game.

I watched a monsters u gameplay video and it reminded me a bit of rockstar's bully, the good and the bad parts.

I think I'll buy the thing when it comes out in my country.

anglon

I wonder if those are left overs from the D23 event?

I went to my local Toys R Us just a bit ago and asked if you could pre-order (thus getting the free figure and disc pack), and also use the 20% off coupon on pick-up. He said there shouldn't be any problem with that, so I happily put my $1 down.

Hopefully I'll be able to snag Crystal McQueen as my free fig. If not, I'll grab one of the ones that's not in the Villains/Sidekicks sets.

Hmmm someone on another forum said they talked to TRU and the 20% coupon voids the free figure on the preorder for the game. I don't know what to believe lol!

I wonder if those are left overs from the D23 event?

They would have to be, wouldn't they? Like I said, as much people went to D23, they couldn't have stuffed 5000 people in that exhibition hall (Could they? Wouldn't that be a fire hazard?). Even so, probably not everybody went to pick one up or didn't have the game or the hardware for it.

In any case, I didn't know that it would be that figurine until they mentioned that it was limited, and I was like "So we're NOT just getting a bonus one off the regular selection~".

XShagrath

Hmmm someone on another forum said they talked to TRU and the 20% coupon voids the free figure on the preorder for the game. I don't know what to believe lol!
I would really be surprised. It seems like too good of a deal to be true.

If the same guy is there tomorrow, it shouldn't be a problem, since that's what he told me. If not, then I'll politely talk to the manager, and if that doesn't work, then I'll just use the pre-order bonus since it's slightly better than the 20% off.

Man, If I buy this I could see myself getting in deep. Especially if they start releasing a bunch of stuff related to the theme parks.

Spiderduff

They would have to be, wouldn't they? Like I said, as much people went to D23, they couldn't have stuffed 5000 people in that exhibition hall (Could they? Wouldn't that be a fire hazard?). Even so, probably not everybody went to pick one up or didn't have the game or the hardware for it.

In any case, I didn't know that it would be that figurine until they mentioned that it was limited, and I was like "So we're NOT just getting a bonus one off the regular selection~".

Yah they didn't. I was there and it was not full.

Thanks to everyone asking and answering questions!
It hadn't dawned on me that i should get a sidekick or villain 3 pack so that my sister or her fiance can play co-op with their nipper in the playsets. I've got all the Cars figures as he adores that and they can co-op the hell out of with it him.

I think this will have to be atrocious for it to fail especially with the wealth of IP that Disney can command. I almost wish i was a kid again, this game would have blown my mind.

I repeat, If a Lucas Arts version appears i'm doomed.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
As long as the game is Toy Story 3 quality, thats all I really want. I'm hoping that they'll have something oif a Disney Princess playset since some of the older movies don't really lend themselves to individual games. This way and Disney Princess from Merida to Snow White could be used in the playset, and not just toybox mode. I'd probably make an "adventure" playset too that doesn't focus on one property but can incorporate themes from several, that way you could have Woody and TLR together.

Lots of places they could take this, the open format has promise thats for sure.

jrcbandit

What playsets are coming next other than Toy Story? I have 0 interest in Cars or the Lone Ranger, will likely get the Toy Story one if I buy the game.

Yuripaw

Banned
Soo do you think you guys plan to open up your Infinity toys?

This is one thing as a Skylanders person that I have struggled with a lot...I kept thinking that I should keep them in the plastic, because they worked on the portal anyway, and it keeps their value if they're not opened. However, I really found I just liked looking at them more outside of the packaging! I managed to get over it, and open some of my Skylanders, but I still have some that are wrapped that I want to open, but I still can't bring myself to go through with it.

I wonder if the Infinity toys will even work on their portal device while still being shrink wrapped, since they have those shapes they sit neatly on top of.

This is one thing as a Skylanders person that I have struggled with a lot...I kept thinking that I should keep them in the plastic, because they worked on the portal anyway, and it keeps their value if they're not opened. However, I really found I just liked looking at them more outside of the packaging! I managed to get over it, and open some of my Skylanders, but I still have some that are wrapped that I want to open, but I still can't bring myself to go through with it.

I wonder if the Infinity toys will even work on their portal device while still being shrink wrapped, since they have those shapes they sit neatly on top of.

I bet it wouldn't work too hot with the power disks that sit underneath the characters and add abilities.

As someone who use to be a Mint Condition In Package style collector, I had to stop to and just appreciate the product for what it is and not worry about the grade or resale value. You only have so many years on this Earth to enjoy what you like and you don't want your collectibles or things to drive you crazy (similarly to how people use to have a living room filled with furniture that they never used and kept wrapped in plastic). Don't get me wrong, I love having my figures and statues in display cases but I just like being able to enjoy them. Plus, I had to stop just buying stuff to just have a complete set. Too expensive and time consuming.

Sounds like it was an awesome event, wish I could have gone. Not super interested in Infinity at this point, but if I'd been anywhere near NY I would have tried to get over there just to meet Johnny V.

I was just out and about shopping/browsing in stores like Best Buy and Target. And holy shit are they gearing up for this game. The store displays were still bare, as I'm sure they're waiting until the last minute to actually stock the shelves, but man those displays are massive.

Top Bottom