• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

John vignocchi said that the lone ranger set was one of the best received in play testing. If nothing else it'll have some cool stuff for the toybox I'm sure. I'm only buying it because its basically b1g1 at target, can't pass at that price.

nicoga3000

Saint Nic
I wish I could go to TRU tonight. Nothing to do this weekends until Sunday. :/

Also, as suggested earlier, either a trade thread or a trade spreadsheet would be nice.

onipex

The more I see this game the more I want to kick someone at Nintendo in the head for not going this route and instead made another Pokemon Rumble for their nfc game.

The more I see this game the more I want to kick someone at Nintendo in the head for not going this route and instead made another Pokemon Rumble for their nfc game.

Or just Smash Bros: Infinity. The Disney Infinity concept with Nintendo worlds/characters/items. Mad dollar, yo.

So I see TRU is doing the "Free Power Pack & Figure" promotion like Amazon, but they also have the 20% off coupon. Is the free stuff pre-order only? Trying to figure out if I should just go to TRU on Sunday AM or keep my Amazon pre-order.

gotee12

"View Only" problem on the Google spreadsheet fixed. I missed the "view only/edit" drop down when I shared it. Apologies...

edit: Once again, quote this post to see the link between the email tags...

JFunky

You know it.
-----------------

Ok, I am doing this. I think the best way for me to keep track of this is for you to PM me your number.

So this isn't too easy I will pick a number from 1 to 1000 from Random.org at the conclusion of the contest.

You are allowed to pick 3 numbers and send them my way. If your number is picked by someone else, it cancels out and we go to your remaining numbers that way we dont have a tie. In case you have HORRIBLE luck and lose all your numbers, I am sorry in advance.

Winner will be closest to the number without going over.

I will run this till launch day August 18th at 9am CA time and ship it out Monday. If the winner is international I hope shipping ain't too bad.

All I ask is for you to enjoy it and not resell it. I know you can get a pretty penny for them but do not give in!

Good Luck Everyone!

EDIT: If you guys see a flaw in this let me know, I want to be as fair as possible. Thanks

PRIZE: Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey
Sent you my numbers, thanks for giving us all the chance to win it!

Rootbeer

Banned
So I see TRU is doing the "Free Power Pack & Figure" promotion like Amazon, but they also have the 20% off coupon. Is the free stuff pre-order only? Trying to figure out if I should just go to TRU on Sunday AM or keep my Amazon pre-order.

i'm not sure if you can use the 20% on the starter pack for pre-orders because the coupon starts on the 18th and that's the day the game releases. if anyone manages though please let us know

however there is a 15% off your entire order at TRU coupon that you might be able to use... I got an e-mail about it this week *edit* nevermind it says no video games :(

Sent my numbers in as a hopeful.

Also, that Disneyland re-creation is way better than i expected. I'm so excited to try stuff out with this game soon.

ga11agh3r

Neo Member
You know it.
-----------------

Ok, I am doing this. I think the best way for me to keep track of this is for you to PM me your number.

So this isn't too easy I will pick a number from 1 to 1000 from Random.org at the conclusion of the contest.

Thanks spiderduff for giving us all the opportunity to get out hands in this :)

Have to say I'm super excited for this, loved the toy box mode in Toy Story 3 and see this as an expansion of that same idea.

Glad to hear a lot of people sharing confidence in the wii u version. Hoping this matches the ps360 versions as the wii u seems the ideal host for a game of this type. I solely use the wii u for exclusives & child friendly games as it is set in the living room under my main screen.

Crimson Mask

Neo Member
Others have said it but I'll say it again..where is the Gaf hype on this game? Toy Box mode looks amazing. My son is constantly asking to see new videos.

Ken

Sent my numbers in as a hopeful.

Also, that Disneyland re-creation is way better than i expected. I'm so excited to try stuff out with this game soon.

Where can you see it? Also is it really only free day 1? I ordered off Amazon and won't be getting a copy until the end of the month. :/

You know it.
-----------------

Winner will be closest to the number without going over.

Good Luck Everyone!

EDIT: If you guys see a flaw in this let me know, I want to be as fair as possible. Thanks

PMing you my numbers now. As a huge Disney fan and someone who has every figure and playset preordered I've got my fingers crossed! :D

Fantomex

I'm so hyped for this game, it snuck up on me. I have it pre-ordered at Gamestop and Target. Don't know why I did that but I did.

I'm so hyped for this game, it snuck up on me. I have it pre-ordered at Gamestop and Target. Don't know why I did that but I did.

I've got everything preordered at GameStop, but I'm probably gonna hit up Toys R Us in the morning instead. I'm picking it up in Wii U and 3DS with all the figures and play sets for me and Wii with the Cars play set and a few extra figures for a co-worker.

Fantomex

I've got everything preordered at GameStop, but I'm probably gonna hit up Toys R Us in the morning instead. I'm picking it up in Wii U and 3DS with all the figures and play sets for me and Wii with the Cars play set and a few extra figures for a co-worker.

Besides the exclusives, and the %50 off at TRU's is there other stuff going on in the morning?

Spiderduff is king

I hope there is plentiful objects in toy box so far I keep seeing the castle, Epcot ball and Scrooge mcducks vault in videos

i'm not sure if you can use the 20% on the starter pack for pre-orders because the coupon starts on the 18th and that's the day the game releases. if anyone manages though please let us know

however there is a 15% off your entire order at TRU coupon that you might be able to use... I got an e-mail about it this week *edit* nevermind it says no video games :(

So is the free figure/powerpack a PREORDER deal only for TRU?

Ok, I just per-ordered at TRU, if my calculations are correct I can get everything for $189.32! (151 at TRU and 37 at Target) Not including the Power Discs, still on the fence about those. Just not sure I want to pull the trigger on getting everything...

I had all the remaining toys (I have a Dash, Syndrome, Mike, Lone Ranger set and Randall all from E3). pre-ordered on Amazon...I just realized I DO NOT have the starter set pre-ordered. None of these places ship on Sunday, correct? Should I just cancel the toys and hit a Toys R Us or something in the morning?

Spiderduff

I had everything pre-ordered and did not expect all these sales. I cancelled most of them and will wake up nice and early and get what I need!

Spiderduff is king

I hope there is plentiful objects in toy box so far I keep seeing the castle, Epcot ball and Scrooge mcducks vault in videos

Ha ha, thank you! Just trying to spread the joy!

XShagrath

Why do people keep saying they're going to TRU tomorrow? I thought the game and all the goodies were releasing on Sunday, which is two days from now (it's Friday, right?).

I happened to be in Target today and saw they had the Infinity setup all ready to go for launch day. TRU didn't have one (if they did, I didn't see it?) and Walmart also had no display. Curiously, TRU actually had huge "Disney Infinity Coming Soon" banners on the front of the building!

IHXuNC8.jpg

The main display has plenty of room for figures, and it looks like they may have simply done away with a bit of space from the PS3/360 games.

qez2XoC.jpg

The actual portal area was on the end, and featured a neon white border around the sign. It's definitely got a brighter, lighter, and flashier design than the Skylanders display; probably on purpose.

I don't intend to get the game, but heck if it isn't attractive.

gotee12

I want to see it, but I must refrain. Don't want to ruin it. I saw the intro already and that was too much. Must be strong.

I'll just say this to avoid spoilers...

I am very comfortable with all of my preorder purchases now that I'm seeing some everyday joe's playing the retail copy.

Rootbeer

Banned
I happened to be in Target today and saw they had the Infinity setup all ready to go for launch day.
Oh, I saw this exact same setup at a Target on Thursday morning! Then I went over to TRU and they had all the accessories on shelf already, but no game or figures (of course)

RkOwnage

So far I preordered the game on PS3, at GameStop with Violet and a power pack for free, also preordered the villains and sidekicks 3 pack. I also preordered the Toys R Us Lightning McQueen exclusive. I'm hoping to get to Target early enough to grab a Cars and Lone Ranger playsets...here's hoping.

Quick question...what are the power disks and what's the advantage of having them.

Yaari

So far I preordered the game on PS3, at GameStop with Violet and a power pack for free, also preordered the villains and sidekicks 3 pack. I also preordered the Toys R Us Lightning McQueen exclusive. I'm hoping to get to Target early enough to grab a Cars and Lone Ranger playsets...here's hoping.

Quick question...what are the power disks and what's the advantage of having them.

Think of them as exclusive items you'll have in the Toy Box mode by placing them on that thing.

Think I'll put down a pre-order at Gamestop or somewhere just in case. If TRU are putting things like banners up I'm assuming it must be getting pretty hyped up (despite GAF). :p

prophecy0

GAF help me decide between the PS3 and 360 version. I have a feeling the 360 version will look and perform better, but I really don't want to pay for XB Live Gold in order to access the online features.

MapleMerchant

Neo Member
I pre-ordered this game and I'll be picking it up early like Sunday morning, but I just want more classic characters. Beyond Wreck- It- Ralph none of them really interest me. I certainly don't need any marvel or star wars characters, because when I here the name "Disney Infinity i just wanna see Disney stuff. My first pick for the future, as a normal young adult male, would be a Disney Princess pack.

Top Bottom