• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

I have 2 lighting clear ones preordered, but im going sunday in the am... if any stores have them do any of our internation gaffers need one ? I dobt have pay pak but I woikd take amazon payments or gift . No guarantee I can grab extra but pm me if anyone needs and I will try

I could not preorder the crystal one while it was available online. My brother will be on NY on Sunday and Monday but I am not sure if he can go to a TRU in time the supplies last (he will got to the stores late Sunday Evening or later). If he cannot grab me one I am sure have interest on your offer. How much will you charge for one?

Spiderduff

I think the fairest way would be to mail it on over to me =P

Or use random.org to generate a random number after people pick a number.

So random generated number works best you guys think?

Also if I do this and you do win, please please please dont sell it. If you do that...you suck.

It does not make sense that only 1 exclusive disc is available at the moment. The exclusive pack says one "normal" plus one "exclusive" disc. If only one exclusive disc is available at the moment there will be no reason to buy more than one exclusive pack, thus less sales for TRU. Besides there is an TRU exclusive album available right now that holds the 20 regular plus the 10 exclusive discs. People will want all the exclusives right now.

Here is the link to where I found the info.

http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=47&t=1919#sthash.nO3Y9BEe.dpbs

So random generated number works best you guys think?

Also if I do this and you do win, please please please dont sell it. If you do that...you suck.

I would never sell it.

But how random generatd numbers would work? Everyone picks a number and you keeps generating random numbers until you hit someone's number?

Hummm... I think it has the same pose as retail, maybe just colored different.

Just found confirmation that the D23 one is a unique variant:

727DE350-A19B-4429-B933-20EC00FB6277-557-000000262821E418_zps7d4e0feb.jpg

12aI2l3.jpg

The pose is the same apparently, but there's still something different. http://www.disneyinfinityfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=32&t=1718#sthash.TlRponak.dpbs

Edit: The D23 version features silver stars on his hat but the retail one won't.

0A3BB0A3-3CDC-4531-9382-B42BE8140DDF-8553-000002530B2D0789_zpsf69b8381.jpg

Say I were to do some type of giveaway here. Any suggestions on the best and fairest way to do one?

Quoted you because the giveaway would be this awesome Mickey :D

I'm open for suggestions from all!

A giveaway sounds fun! I wish the D23 convention went to other places besides California. I was a member for a year until I realized it really didn't offer too many benefits to someone in NY.

I absolutely would not sell it either. I've entered in a couple of blog comment contests to try and win one already, that I lost of course

gotee12

It's really awesome how Disney made so much of this multi platform. Here we are getting hyped up over a giveaway and no one is left out due to not being on the "right" platform.

Come to think of it, we ought to do a Google Doc for trading. Everyone could simply list what they have for trade. That way we won't need a separate thread (which probably won't get that much traffic) nor would we have to click through page after page to catch up with others trading posts.

Spiderduff

You mean your green spiderduff costume, right?...

You know it.
-----------------

Ok, I am doing this. I think the best way for me to keep track of this is for you to PM me your number.

So this isn't too easy I will pick a number from 1 to 1000 from Random.org at the conclusion of the contest.

You are allowed to pick 3 numbers and send them my way. If your number is picked by someone else, it cancels out and we go to your remaining numbers that way we dont have a tie. In case you have HORRIBLE luck and lose all your numbers, I am sorry in advance.

Winner will be closest to the number without going over.

I will run this till launch day August 18th at 9am CA time and ship it out Monday. If the winner is international I hope shipping ain't too bad.

All I ask is for you to enjoy it and not resell it. I know you can get a pretty penny for them but do not give in!

Good Luck Everyone!

EDIT: If you guys see a flaw in this let me know, I want to be as fair as possible. Thanks

PRIZE: Sorcerer’s Apprentice Mickey

Frazley

I agree, by being multiplatform we can all take part in Infinity. No need to have the PS3 Mickey or the Wii U power disc.

You know it.
-----------------

Ok, I am doing this. I think the best way for me to keep track of this is for you to PM me your number.

So this isn't too easy I will pick a number from 1 to 1000 from Random.org at the conclusion of the contest.

You are allowed to pick 3 numbers and send them my way. If your number is picked by someone else, it cancels out and we go to your remaining numbers that way we dont have a tie. In case you have HORRIBLE luck and lose all your numbers, I am sorry in advance.

I will run this till launch day August 18th at 9am CA time and ship it out Monday. If the winner is international I hope shipping ain't too bad.

All I ask is for you to enjoy it and not resell it. I know you can get a pretty penny for them but do not give in!

Good Luck Everyone!
Thanks! You rock for giving us a chance to earn Mickey!

It's really awesome how Disney made so much of this multi platform. Here we are getting hyped up over a giveaway and no one is left out due to not being on the "right" platform.

Come to think of it, we ought to do a Google Doc for trading. Everyone could simply list what they have for trade. That way we won't need a separate thread (which probably won't get that much traffic) nor would we have to click through page after page to catch up with others trading posts.

This is a good idea, I am probably going to use GAF before anywhere else for disc trading.

Just PM you. This is great from your side!

P.S.: I am international but willing to pay for the shipping, if it that is the case.

Dragoshi1

You know it.
-----------------

Good Luck Everyone!

EDIT: If you guys see a flaw in this let me know, I want to be as fair as possible. Thanks

Cool that you're giving everyone a chance to win it! I entered as well, can't pass up this chance!

Frazley

I'm getting two capsules and have a box ready to put my duplicate discs (each in their own individual ziploc bag) in. This way I'll keep what I want to use in the capsules and have my spares ready to be traded at any time.

Yaari

How likely is it that Toy's R Us will put the Lightning McQueen back on the online shop? I don't live in the US so I am not really familiar with their site. Was it likely removed because it exceeded pre-orders and thus sold out, or what is the case (if anyone knows)?

gotee12

This is a good idea, I am probably going to use GAF before anywhere else for disc trading.

Guys, give this a look-see. It's a quick and dirty rough draft. Go ahead. Shoot holes in my shoddy attempt. I can take it.

(Quote this post to see the link hidden in the email tag)

eastmen

Banned
I could not preorder the crystal one while it was available online. My brother will be on NY on Sunday and Monday but I am not sure if he can go to a TRU in time the supplies last (he will got to the stores late Sunday Evening or later). If he cannot grab me one I am sure have interest on your offer. How much will you charge for one?
If I can grab extras I wont charge above and beyond cost plus jersey 7% tax and shipping to where ever. Ill try and grab what I can but will offer u first dibs.

DarkWish

I am ready to jump in on this, but all this collecting is giving me anxiety. The collector in me wants everything, but I need to be selective with my money. I think I'll hold off on the TRU exclusive power disks since those are apparently from future waves. The TRU exclusive Lightning McQueen I'm 50/50 on.

I think on Monday after work I'll try and get the Wii U game and maybe the Cars play set and some figures. I'll get other figures, the Lone Ranger playset, and the power disks at some other point... maybe even later in the week if I can't resist.

gotee12

I think there should definitely be a field for what items people want in exchange for their trades.

Here's a second go. Let me know if you folks actually care to use something like this and I'll keep tweaking it. Once again, quote this post to see the link between the email tags...

Hmm...I still have no idea what system to get this for.

As far as I can tell, 360 and PS3 are identical. Wii U has some menus and such on the Gamepad.

There's also a meter on the left in Toybox that fills up until you hit the max number of toys out at once. Theoretically, it would be higher on Wii U since there's a lot more memory...... but that's not confirmed or anything.

Entered the contest as well! :)

As far as I can tell, 360 and PS3 are identical. Wii U has some menus and such on the Gamepad.

There's also a meter on the left in Toybox that fills up until you hit the max number of toys out at once. Theoretically, it would be higher on Wii U since there's a lot more memory...... but that's not confirmed or anything.

I'd assume because all the toy box levels can be played on any system they won't allow it. It would be cool if they had some Wii U only sections though.

That Cinderella castle in Disneyland is bugging me so much... Guess they don't have the Sleeping Beauty castle in Infinity. :\

I'd assume because all the toy box levels can be played on any system they won't allow it. It would be cool if they had some Wii U only sections though.

Ah shoot, yeah that's probably the case. Same reason the Wii version doesn't get any love for the sharing levels online stuff.

Raider82

Neo Member
Can't wait for this game. The collector in me is going crazy though. Same thing happened with Skylanders. My wallet is hurting already.

Got my mine pre-ordered at Gamestop for the WiiU. Probably going to go to Toys R Us first thing in the morning and try to get the crystal Lightning McQueen maybe some power discs, then going to Target for the $17 dollar Cars expansion then go to pick up my copy at Gamestop.

I think a trading thread would be a great idea so we can trade our duplicates to other gaf members without having to spend a bunch on ebay or on the power discs packs themselves.

I'm not really sold on the Lone Ranger play set. Didn't see the movie and doesn't really interest me. Anyone heard anything to help change my mind?

Oh and thanks to Spiderduff for doing the amazing giveaway! Sent you a PM w/ my numbers.

You know it.
-----------------

Good Luck Everyone!

PM'd you. I am International (Australia), but if by chance I win, I'm happy to front the shipping costs.

Rootbeer

Banned

I'm going Wii U... I do hope they put the extra ram to some use but i'm assuming there will be almost no real difference in appearance or framerate. gamepad screen aside.

If they release this on PS4 later this year though I'm gonna be a little upset :| I've read they aren't going to release on those platforms until Infinity 2... unconfirmed rumor though

Top Bottom