• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

The store closest to me must not have checked in their items. Almost everything is OOS for in store pick up.

How did you get the B1G1 to work?

The store closest to me must not have checked in their items. Almost everything is OOS for in store pick up.

How did you get the B1G1 to work?

That sucks. I heard they're supposed to do the in store pick up orders first, and then put/have the rest of the stock out. (No idea if that's true or not)

The B1G1 half off is what I meant sorry and it is auto applying for me when added to cart.

Crystal Lightning and regular Power Discs were available for in-store pickup, but TRU-exclusive discs were not, so they had to ship them. We'll see what happens when I head there tomorrow AM.

If they have exclusive discs, I'm just gonna buy them there.

Yeah I tried to get the B1G1 half off with the Villains and Sidekicks and it didn't work.
Just tried and it's applying in my cart just fine. Not sure what's going on. Try a different browser/clear cookies and check it again maybe? Or maybe it won't update and work for you for another 23 minutes or so? Not sure how it works.

When you type in "Disney Infinity" in the search and see all the characters and such do you see the "Buy 1 Get 1 50% Off!" in red underneath them?

Crystal Lightning and regular Power Discs were available for in-store pickup, but TRU-exclusive discs were not, so they had to ship them. We'll see what happens when I head there tomorrow AM.

If they have exclusive discs, I'm just gonna buy them there.

I just ordered 8 sets of the exclusive TRU discs for in-store pickup. Maybe the stores are varying?

KaYotiX

Banned
--Edit, found the answer

My wife went nuts today when she saw the display at Best Buy and reserved it and like 5 chars, if its only on 360/PS3 I might as well go all in too.

Thanks!

Ugh, I just order it, even though I'm not a Cars fan. I hate myself for this :/ And down the rabbit hole I go...

And here he is... and for some on Ebay at $75! Seriously?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...queen&_nkw=Crystal+Mcqueen&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Bad idea if it's true that each exclusive pack has that Mike's Car + One other disc. Better off ordering just one exclusive pack and the rest regular.

Really? Was this confirmed? Bah!

--Edit, found the answer

My wife went nuts today when she saw the display at Best Buy and reserved it and like 5 chars, if its only on 360/PS3 I might as well go all in too.

There was confirmation a while back that this round of Infinity was not going to be on Xbox One / PS4. The next round, Infinity 2, will however.

And here he is... and for some on Ebay at $75! Seriously?

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_trk...queen&_nkw=Crystal+Mcqueen&_sacat=0&_from=R40

Really? Was this confirmed? Bah!

I'm not aware of it being confirmed, but I did read something about it being a good possibility either here in this thread or elsewhere (dont remember where). All I know is there are supposed to be 10 exclusive TrU discs total. I'm not sure that they're all being released tomorrow though. I'd also like to know though if anyone can confirm how many exclusive discs will be available tomorrow. It seems pretty shady if there is actually only a single exclusive disc at a time.

I'm not aware of it being confirmed, but I did read something about it being a good possibility either here in this thread or elsewhere (dont remember where). All I know is there are supposed to be 10 exclusive TrU discs total. I'm not sure that they're all being released tomorrow though. I'd also like to know though if anyone can confirm how many exclusive discs will be available tomorrow. It seems pretty shady if there is actually only a single exclusive disc at a time.

Yep, it's confirmed. Only Crystal McQueen and Mike's car are available on day one.

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/le...debut-at-toysrus-stores-nationwide-2013-08-15

Well, better go cancel those other exclusives or just let the kids open them until they end up with Mike's car and take the rest back.

Bog

Junior Ace
Just looked up everything on TRU.com. You guys are nuts. What would it cost to buy everything that's available starting today?

made the order online for store pick at Time Square store.

However, must of the B2G1 only works if they are alone in that order. Spliting the order worked for me.

But.... Both sidekicks and villans pack, as well the 2 playsets (Lone Ranger and Cars) are showing as out-of-stock in Time Square store. That should be an error, the biggest NY store and the local of the lauch party should carry those itens, right?

I will have to order them at Best Buy (cannot go to a Target) and pay more....

Tiny415

Neo Member
We rewatched the Incredibles and Cars tonight, to get prepped for tomorrow's launch.

Picking up from Toys R Us - 360 version (with 20% coupon), sidekicks (50% off), Lightning McQueen LE, Syndrome (50%) and a bunch of the Disk packs.
Target - Cars Set (50% off)

Amazon will be delivering the rest of the figures

I don't know if its been said yet, but you can login to infinity.disney.com and link your console accounts and chose your disney ID. My name (same as gaf name) is under moderation and I submitted it this morning.

Man, i have this pre-ordered at Gamestop, but they never told me i could pre-order my free figure. I'm going to be annoyed if i can't get a Violet or Dash, i really don't want to get doubles, and i really have no interest in Cars stuff. Ugh.

Any chance if i go really early, i'll be alright (i live in a smaller town, so i don't suspect a huge amount of people at 9am)

Chucker

Did one transaction for In Store with a Starter Set and 20% off, did another for 2 TRU exclusive discs buy one get one for $1, gonna get Violet for my daughter, but need to pick another character... Thinking Crystal Lightning.

Man, i have this pre-ordered at Gamestop, but they never told me i could pre-order my free figure. I'm going to be annoyed if i can't get a Violet or Dash, i really don't want to get doubles, and i really have no interest in Cars stuff. Ugh.

Any chance if i go really early, i'll be alright (i live in a smaller town, so i don't suspect a huge amount of people at 9am)

I was surprised that they had me pre-order both the figure I wanted AND the Power Disc pack because they were that unsure of how quickly they would run out of stuff. (Although I am sure an extra 2 pre-orders also looks good for their quotas, but I don't doubt that they actually will end up running out of a lot of the extra figures and disc packs) I am gonna try to make sure to get there as they open anyway, just in case.

When you preordered the employee should have asked you what figure you wanted and the power discs and figure should have shown up on your pre order receipt, I'd make sure its squared away before purchasing.

Rootbeer

Banned
sigh, alright... i've been lamenting and thinking on it for the last week. I was going to order it, then changed my mind, then back again...

Well, it's zero hour and i went ahead and ordered Wii U + free fig (dash) & disc pack. I know I waited too long, so I won't get it launch day or even Monday, but i'm fine with that.

Gonna stop by my local stores Monday morning and see what I can pick over from what's left. I don't have time to go Sunday. I'd like to get the discounted Lone Ranger set and maybe BOGO 50% off on some figures at TRU

I'm definitely not worried about stock on the figures (crystal is another matter, but probably still in good supply), just worried about if I can get a good deal on them :p

I'm with you. The GS I was at did want me to reserve one but the one I wanted (Syndrome) wasn't able to be reserved anymore. They were receiving more than the few that were reserved and I was told to just make sure that I get there when they open and all should be fine.

I'm glad that I wasn't able to reserve him because I will eventually get the villain pack and I rather get a figure that is sold separately for free instead of a figure that I will end up with later on. All in all, just get there around the time they open and you should be just fine.

Really curious to see if anyone is going to post a review tonight...like a lot of you I'm still somewhat nervous of the quality. If it weren't a $100+ investment I probably wouldn't care so much

Chucker

My TRU order for in-store McQueen pickup is still standing so far. I'm mad I forgot about Syndrome though, oh well, I guess I can see if they have him in store. It'll be fun tearing about the Toybox as Mr. Incredible while my daughter plays as Violet.

PLS BLV.

Chucker

Really curious to see if anyone is going to post a review tonight...like a lot of you I'm still somewhat nervous of the quality. If it weren't a $100+ investment I probably wouldn't care so much

This boggles my mind also, with it being available in the parks since Friday, and Nintendo World today, something should have slipped out.

Edit: Let me check my Disney forums.

This boggles my mind also, with it being available in the parks since Friday, and Nintendo World today, something should have slipped out.

Edit: Let me check my Disney forums.

The lack of video game web site hype is kinda baffling. For something of this scope at least.

Yuripaw

Banned
TRU cancelled my in-store order for Crystal McQueen...

Really?

Well I just submitted an order myself for this...as it stands right now, if all goes well, because of all the deals you guys have told me about, I'm gonna have almost all the launch figures XD

Edit: I tried going to sleep, and slept for maybe 2 hours, but I'm too excited to head out in 7 hours to Target & Toys R us.

Thanks for the responses guys. Honestly, i would be right there, worried with you guys, but honestly, Toy Story 3: The Game is the reason i'm not cancelling or anything. If the way they have been selling this game is exactly just the set-up of that game, with the toy gimmick, then i'm all aboard man. I just wish i had enough money for a 3-pack, but alas, i probably only have enough for a couple of extra disc packs.

TRU cancelled my in-store order for Crystal McQueen...

Wow, they better not cancel mine. I'll be ridiculously upset. I already cancelled an online order from before just so I could do the in store pick up and get it tomorrow instead of paying shipping and waiting.

Thanks for the responses guys. Honestly, i would be right there, worried with you guys, but honestly, Toy Story 3: The Game is the reason i'm not cancelling or anything. If the way they have been selling this game is exactly just the set-up of that game, with the toy gimmick, then i'm all aboard man.
Same. It wasn't amazing or anything for me, but my kid is in love with that game. Personally I think it's much, much better than Skylanders because of the variety of things to do. I would be extremely hesitant to be dropping all this money that I don't actually have if not for that game.

There's quite a bit of confusion with Infinity unless you dig for info and why there are no reviews or at least impressions out is beyond me. It's pretty worrying but I figure my kid will enjoy the play sets regardless. So if it does end up being a lousy game for whatever reason, I'm almost positive my kid will still get enough entertainment out of it to justify the cost.

Chucker

The lack of video game web site hype is kinda baffling. For something of this scope at least.

Yeah, it's like turning a blind eye to Skylanders. Inside The Magic had E3, Comic Con and D23 impressions, all of which were good, and he didn't like Epic Mickey 1/2 so he's not just a shill, but still I'd want more info.

Rootbeer

Banned
Yeah i'm scouring youtube for more impressions but it's being flooded with all these "DISNEY INFINITY: ACTION! POWERED BY IMAGINATION" videos

And I mean, there are a LOT of those videos... which means clearly tons are playing it

Yuripaw

Banned
Even though Giant Bomb did 2 quick look EXs...I was really hoping they would do a normal quick look for the game without the PR there to kinda control the flow of information...I know Jeff and John V are friends, but I felt like their back and forth was distracting from learning anything about the game.

Triz

My local TRU is already sold out of the exclusive power disc pack. rage.jpeg

I ordered the Lighting McQueen and violet and its still standing for instore pickup tomorrow.

There's quite a bit of confusion with Infinity unless you dig for info and why there are no reviews or at least impressions out is beyond me. It's pretty worrying but I figure my kid will enjoy the play sets regardless. So if it does end up being a lousy game for whatever reason, I'm almost positive my kid will still get enough entertainment out of it to justify the cost.

I'm a little bewildered by this too. Even all of the gaming podcasts are not even talking about DI, which I find super weird. Like I mentioned before, I really enjoyed the overall game of Toy Story 3 and it's toy box mode. TS3 is what really made me believe in what Disney could do with a more polish iteration to that concept, especially in a post- LBP2 and Minecraft world. For something that is going to be really big, I don't know why reviews and more coverage hasn't been done. Giantbomb and GS are the only two sites that had a decent amount of coverage.

Yuripaw

Banned
Soo...I feel like I gotta ask...is everyone here buying this for their kids...or is anyone else a big kid like me, and just buying it for themselves? lol

Top Bottom