• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

tha_devil

Im not going to play this game.

Because i know i would love this.

And than i would want to buy every figure.

And i know there will be a CRAPLOAD of figures to come.

$$$$$$$$

Memles

I could have sworn I pressed every button...thanks for the info. I'm playing on ps3

Now, I say that, but I actually haven't tested that within the playset itself - I was only playing around with Dash in the Hall of Heroes. It seems inexplicable to me that it would only be an option in the Toy Box mode, but there are definitely a few inexplicable (if balance-driven) design decisions operating in the Playsets. So forgive me if I've misled you.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
Waiting for my Amazon order, so I picked up a Violet figure to tide over my daughter until Tuesday....

Within 10 minutes out of the pack, her head snapped off. Not a good start. Super glue should bond it back up, but definitely questioning the build quality of these puppies.

Regardless, game sounds great. Excited to start playing it.

Now, I say that, but I actually haven't tested that within the playset itself - I was only playing around with Dash in the Hall of Heroes. It seems inexplicable to me that it would only be an option in the Toy Box mode, but there are definitely a few inexplicable (if balance-driven) design decisions operating in the Playsets. So forgive me if I've misled you.

ooh ok..lol I haven't even been to the hall of heroes. whats that?

Shadownet

Banned
I can confirm this on the PS3 version.

If you delete the 1.01 patch and play offline. The entire game is pretty much glitch free and lag free (sometimes it lag but only when a new player join or something)

Let hope patch 1.02 is better.

Waiting for my Amazon order, so I picked up a Violet figure to tide over my daughter until Tuesday....

Within 10 minutes out of the pack, her head snapped off. Not a good start. Super glue should bond it back up, but definitely questioning the build quality of these puppies.

Regardless, game sounds great. Excited to start playing it.

What was going on that caused that to happen? These aren't bendable figures, at all, and aren't meant to be turned or twisted.

EMBee99

all that he wants is another baby
What was going on that caused that to happen? These aren't bendable figures, at all, and aren't meant to be turned or twisted.

Probably a quick turn or twist from my 3-year-old. Such is the way, but the Incredibles figures, especially Violet, have very thin necks and legs. I remember the same thing happening to my old Incredibles action figures.

U2NUMB

I am so weak.. could not even hold out a day. Bought the game.. both extra sets thanks to Targets deals and a couple other characters. Damn it... it just looks too good.

RobbieNick

My TrU was already out of exclusive gold packs, but I wish I knew about that "buy one, get one for $1" on the packs before I bought 4 of them at Gamestop. Got 14 out of the 20 non-exclusive discs so far and a folder at TrU to put them in. It's a nice folder and I really recommend it for parents.

Repeats:

1 Fix-it Felix power up
1 Finn McMissle power up
2 Tangled Sky textures
1 Mulan Horse

Need:

Mike's Car (TrU exclusive)
Dumbo Ride
Bolt power up
Abu Elephant
Wreck-it Ralph sky
Buzz Jet Pack

I don't think the Tron textures are out yet. There's a series 2 and 3 yet to go.

How is the downloadable stuff looking?

I'm crap at creating in games so I hope the interface is good and there is some sort of top download section

Too early to tell. Everyone's still unlocking stuff.

Chairhome

My day:
TRU
- Wii U Starter Pack (with free figure for pre-order, chose Crystal Lightning McQueen)
- B1G1 50% off for Violet and Mater
- B1G1 for $1: 10 Power packs (4 of them were TRU exclusive)
- B1G1 50% off for Francesco figure and Power Pack Album
Target:
- Cars Playset for 50% off
- Dash figure (sold out at TRU)
Best Buy
price match the $14.96 3 packs from walmart.com: got sidekicks and villains.

So we have everything except all of the power discs and the Lone Ranger playset (just don't want it)

Expensive, but got some good deals. The game is decent, my whole family likes it so far, and we've only really started the Incredibles playset.

I'll be looking for trades on that spreadsheet!

JohngPR

In-game manual (from Wii U menu) says only Gamepad or wiimote+nunchuk. :( Sorry.

On another lame note, Disney has disabled screenshots for Miiverse. Hoping they reconsider. :/ This is like the second game EVER that I've seen do this...

Damn.

That sucks, especially considering the back of the box says it DOES support it.

Friday seems so far away hurry up next weekend!

At least in the meantime I should be able to find some reviews of the cars and line ranger playsets

I wish planes was a playset instead of its own standalone game I imagine a flight sim could be fun and add to the toybox

So I've dropped $340 on this game so far. Much of it was from buying Mickey off of ebay ($120!). Wish I would have won the contest but congrats to the one that did. Only character I need is Francesco, and there's 3 power discs I need. Send help.

Chairhome

I updated my list on the google spreadsheet (hopefully we can put it up on the OP), but here it is for more visibility:
WANT:
Stitch's Blaster
Kahn
KING CANDY'S DESSERT TOPPINGS
NEMO'S SEASCAPE
RAPUNZEL'S BIRTHDAY SKY
Dumbo
Abu
Buzz's Astroblaster

HAVE:
2x Sugar Rush Sky
3x Mike's Car (tru exclusive)
Alice's Wonderland

Will trade 2 discs for any 1 rare disc (dumbo, abu or buzz). Can ship anyday, please PM :-D

Updated, thanks for trading, matthewrex :-D

PM'd!

I updated my list on the google spreadsheet (hopefully we can put it up on the OP), but here it is for more visibility:
WANT:
C.H.R.O.M.E.'s Armor Shield
Stitch's Blaster
Kahn
Fix It Felix's Repair Power
KING CANDY'S DESSERT TOPPINGS
MARLIN'S REEF
NEMO'S SEASCAPE
RAPUNZEL'S BIRTHDAY SKY
Dumbo
Abu
Buzz's Astroblaster

HAVE:
2x Sugar Rush Sky
3x Mike's Car (tru exclusive)
Alice's Wonderland
Tugley Wood
Rapunzel's Kingdom

Will trade 2 discs for any 1 rare disc (dumbo, abu or buzz). Can ship anyday, please PM :-D

Frazley

Temporary fix for PS3 users:

DO NOT CONNECT to the Internet. DO NOT CONNECT during play. It is a server issue. They are working on a fix for it right now.

For the Wii U players:
Is anyone having issues with the game freezing up? I can consistently do it.
1. Start the game.
2. Start and finish a Mastery Adventure.
3. Start a new Master Adventure.
4. Game freezes.
5. ...
6. Profit.

Chairhome

9542957562_22ed8ce14d.jpg

Here's a pic of my acquisitions this morning, before my 2nd trip, haha.

My save on the PS3 version keeps getting corrupted and it is SUPER FUCKING FRUSTRATING! The intro was awesome the first time not so much the 5th or 6th time. I imagine that the patch fixed this issue, but that is having it's own issues. Gonna just wait to play until tomorrow and hope everything is fixed :(

We are having major issues with the 360 version, so much so that it made my daughter cry! The game seems to work fine until we put a second figure on the base, after which it instantly freezes the system. So it's not just the PS3 version. I'm going to delete the day one patch and only play offline and hopefully that will work like it's worked for the PS3 version.

Bought 12 packs of power discs (TRU BOGO) and got 13 unique discs. The rest were all duplicates. I have 4 of Fix It Felix and 3 of the Stitch Gun. This is going to be frustrating. Still no rares...

My save on the PS3 version keeps getting corrupted and it is SUPER FUCKING FRUSTRATING! The intro was awesome the first time not so much the 5th or 6th time. I imagine that the patch fixed this issue, but that is having it's own issues. Gonna just wait to play until tomorrow and hope everything is fixed :(

It's the patch that is the issue. Delete and play offline is apparently working

Bought 12 packs of power discs (TRU BOGO) and got 13 unique discs. The rest were all duplicates. I have 4 of Fix It Felix and 3 of the Stitch Gun. This is going to be frustrating. Still no rares...

Someone mentioned that tru was going to host a disc exchange event where ppl can exchange with others.

TheGrue

My Target was sold out of the two playsets when I got there. They only had the three pack with Barbossa in it. They were sold out of all versions of the starter pack except for Wii and 3DS. So, I got the three pack from there. I got 4 power packs and only got one repeat out of the bunch.

The Wal Mart in my town had no playsets and no three packs. It was a very small display with single characters and the game only. They did not sell the power packs, either.

Might try to go to Toys R Us tomorrow, but I bet with that big B1G1, they are probably picked clean of playsets.

Ah, well. I at least wanted two characters from each of the starter playsets so my daughter and I could play and I got that. Would love to get the two playsets at a reduced price, though. Guess I will keep an eye out.

Someone mentioned that tru was going to host a disc exchange event where ppl can exchange with others.

Then everyone will be trying to exchange their Monsters Inc Mikey Car disks with each other.

I went back and bought six packs of the regular and received hardly any doubles. And I even got the Dumbo car. I think the regular packs are the way to go. At least you won't be getting a mikey car in every single pack.

Then everyone will be trying to exchange their Monsters Inc Mikey Car disks with each other.

I went back and bought six packs of the regular and received hardly any doubles. And I even got the Dumbo car. I think the regular packs are the way to go. At least you won't be getting a mikey car in every single pack.

dude, that's just plain luck. I bought 8 packs today and mostly doubles, one pack even had the same freaking tile.

Ooh, that would be awesome.

Here's a dumb question I'm not sure I've seen the answer to. The power discs that change up the skybox and such. Do they always have to be in use to have that background, or once you've used it once do you have the option to not need it active? Seems weird to have a skybox take up a "slot" all the time.

Yuripaw

Banned
Anyone else really just wanna punch that announcer guy? lol

When I started up the game earlier, and I was messing around in the toy box, I just wanted him to shut the hell up about how I should do this and that at the Hub. Even when I finally went and did some of the mastery adventures, I wish he'd just shut up, lol

PM'd ya

My TrU was already out of exclusive gold packs, but I wish I knew about that "buy one, get one for $1" on the packs before I bought 4 of them at Gamestop. Got 14 out of the 20 non-exclusive discs so far and a folder at TrU to put them in. It's a nice folder and I really recommend it for parents.

Repeats:

1 Fix-it Felix power up
1 Finn McMissle power up
2 Tangled Sky textures
1 Mulan Horse

Need:

Mike's Car (TrU exclusive)
Dumbo Ride
Bolt power up
Abu Elephant
Wreck-it Ralph sky
Buzz Jet Pack

I don't think the Tron textures are out yet. There's a series 2 and 3 yet to go.

Too early to tell. Everyone's still unlocking stuff.

And ya!

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
Anyone else really just wanna punch that announcer guy? lol

When I started up the game earlier, and I was messing around in the toy box, I just wanted him to shut the hell up about how I should do this and that at the Hub. Even when I finally went and did some of the mastery adventures, I wish he'd just shut up, lol

"A friend needs help, go to the red tray to..."
"A friend needs help"
"needs help"
"Help"

Ooh, that would be awesome.

Here's a dumb question I'm not sure I've seen the answer to. The power discs that change up the skybox and such. Do they always have to be in use to have that background, or once you've used it once do you have the option to not need it active? Seems weird to have a skybox take up a "slot" all the time.

I believe you can place the disc, the textures change, and then you can remove the disc and the changes stay.

Just in case someone's not on the Google Doc.

HAVE:
Cinderellas coach
Nemo's Sky x3
Alice in Wonderland sky x2
Wreck it Ralph Terrain x3
Fix it Felix Repair Power
Chrome's Armor Shield
Carl's cane
Rapunzel Terrain
Nemo Terrain

NEED:
All three rares
Rapunzel Sky
Wreck it Ralph Sky

Willing to trade multiples for the rares

Xater

I have to say that I did not expect this game to end up being this good. Sucks that I no longer have a current gen system. Hope they will also bring this to next gen and get me a Tron Play Set. ;)

KaYotiX

Banned
I have to say that I did not expect this game to end up being this good. Sucks that I no longer have a current gen system. Hope they will also bring this to next gem and get me a Tron Play Set. ;)

I'm waiting on a next gen version as well. I guarantee it will :) so much $ on this will be made.

whyman

So I pre ordered:

Disney Infinity Starter Pack
Disney Infinity Play Set - Cars
Disney Infinity Power Disc Pack

Now i love Disney but mostly the old stuff. Hoping to see more of that soon. Toy Story will be epic. Also im 25 and no im not playing this with my kid. (dont have any) Got this after watching one review. Seems fun as hell!

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
-For Trading Purposes-

1:1 common , 1:1 rare trades

Willing to Trade:

Bolt's Super Strength x 2
C.H.R.O.M.E's Damage Control x 1
Carl Fredericksen's Cane x 2
Alice in Wonderland Texture x 4
Alice in Wonderland Skydome x 4
Stitch's Blaster x 2
Wreck it Ralph Texture's x 2