• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity |OT| Where Worlds Collide

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
WPmX1Fll.jpg

20 minutes before closing at a diff TRU.
Got 4 disk packs and Mike

I'm seeing so many pictures of stocked store shelves and I'm really starting to wonder if Disney drastically overpriced these sets and figures compared to what the general public is willing to pay.

-For Trading Purposes-

1:1 common , 1:1 rare trades

Willing to Trade:

Bolt's Super Strength x 2
C.H.R.O.M.E's Damage Control x 1
Carl Fredericksen's Cane x 2
Alice in Wonderland Texture x 4
Alice in Wonderland Skydome x 4
Stitch's Blaster x 2
Wreck it Ralph Texture's x 2
Mulan's Kahn x 2
Rapunzel's Skydome x 1
Mike's Car ( rare ) x 3
Abu ( rare ) x 1

Want:

Buzz's Ride,
Dumbo,
Cinderella's Coach,
Wreck it Ralph's Skydome

PMed

I'm seeing so many pictures of stocked store shelves and I'm really starting to wonder if Disney drastically overpriced these sets and figures compared to what the general public is willing to pay.

I think the Target sale price of $17.50 for the Playsets is about as high as I would pay for them, although they do have quite a bit of content in them. I think the figures should have been $10 or under and the Playsets $25 or under.

I really don't read or watch too many children's publications and TV shows, so I don't know how well this was advertised. I admit that if it weren't for GAF I would have no idea that this exists as an adult Disney fan.

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
I think the Target sale price of $17.50 for the Playsets is about as high as I would pay for them, although they do have quite a bit of content in them. I think the figures should have been $10 or under and the Playsets $25 or under.

Agreed. I think we may see some price drops very quickly if things don't go well. Everything is just WAY too expensive here compared to Skylanders.

Yuripaw

Banned

Agreed...Basically Skylanders prices, and anytime Skylanders have been more expensive, they were Giants, or they were special lightcore versions. I feel like $13.99 is a way too high asking price for single figures...even though I bought all the day 1 figures, lol for the masses, those are too high.

gotee12

Wii U owners

I was having a ton of problems with getting my base to pick up more than 4 items at a time (any combination of figures/discs/playsets). It failed constantly and never worked right. I was prepared to return it to the store to swap it with another starter set.

But then I had the idea to delete the update and have it to reinstall.

And that solved it!

I'm now dropping 3 hex discs and two round discs along with two characters in the toy box and it works perfectly every time. Just thought I'd pass this along.

Also...

I created this Google spreadsheet the other day to assist with trading. Quote this post to see it. The link is in between the email tags.

Well, it seems as though simply deleting the day one patch fixed the freezing issues that I was having with the 360 version. My daughter will be happy when she gets home from the park!

Posting this on the new page just to see if people are having a similar issue.

Been trying to play PS3 version all day. When I saw the patch was borked I uninstalled the patch and things were working, played a bit and turned off the PS3 after saving it.

Turned it back on and the save was corrupt, so I thought "Hmm let me make sure I go all the way out to the main menu." So I got through the intro (again) and played a few minutes in the Incredibles playset. Saved the game and quit all the way out to the main menu.

Loaded it back up again and, hey it worked! Played for about an hour or so cycling through the playsets, saved and backed out to the main menu again. I was still paranoid though, so I booted the game again to check if everything was still working and BAM, "this save is corrupted"

Just wondering if anyone else was having save issues even WITHOUT running the 1.01 patch on PS3?

Yuripaw

Banned
I just noticed you can't post screenshots in this game on Miiverse...seriously? Of all the games to not include the Miiverse screenshot feature? =/

Cat Party

And muppets and studio ghilbi!

Unless you know something I don't, Disney is no longer distributing Ghibli films and I don't think they have any rights to merchandise, games, etc.

I really don't read or watch too many children's publications and TV shows, so I don't know how well this was advertised. I admit that if it weren't for GAF I would have no idea that this exists as an adult Disney fan.

I do watch those shows with my kids and the few ads I did see really failed to explain what the game/platform was. They made it seem like just another Disney game. A surprising mistake for a company as good at this stuff as Disney. But I suppose a bad launch is not really a problem. They're in this for the long haul.

Posting this on the new page just to see if people are having a similar issue.

Been trying to play PS3 version all day. When I saw the patch was borked I uninstalled the patch and things were working, played a bit and turned off the PS3 after saving it.

Turned it back on and the save was corrupt, so I thought "Hmm let me make sure I go all the way out to the main menu." So I got through the intro (again) and played a few minutes in the Incredibles playset. Saved the game and quit all the way out to the main menu.

Loaded it back up again and, hey it worked! Played for about an hour or so cycling through the playsets, saved and backed out to the main menu again. I was still paranoid though, so I booted the game again to check if everything was still working and BAM, "this save is corrupted"

Just wondering if anyone else was having save issues even WITHOUT running the 1.01 patch on PS3?

Yup the game is unplayable on the ps3. I rolled back and got 2 more corrupted save files. This game is janky as all hell. I'd expect much better polish on a game targeted at children.

kn1ves24

OK so I've basically had zero interest in this game till I finally saw some review videos and was pleasantly surprised how good the gameplay looked.

My question is, is the game actually fun to play. I know that I am not the target audience for this type of game but messing around in Disney themed worlds seems like it could be awesome as long as the gameplay isn't toned down to extreme levels to fit a younger audience. So how does it play? Is the world creation stuff akin to things like LBP or ModNation? Is some of the loot challenging to acquire? Do the character "story boards" actually have some depth and story? Do they have the kind of depth say a Mario 64, Spyro(ps1), or Banjo Kazooie has?

Yup the game is unplayable on the ps3. I rolled back and got 2 more corrupted save files. This game is janky as all hell. I'd expect much better polish on a game targeted at children.

I have a strong feeling that this save bug may be what 1.01 was fixing, but since the patch is broken too it is just a total clusterfuck. It's a shame too because the game is a lot of fun. Gonna hold off on playing it anymore til tomorrow and I will see where things stand then.

OK so I've basically had zero interest in this game till I finally saw some review videos and was pleasantly surprised how good the gameplay looked.

My question is, is the game actually fun to play. I know that I am not the target audience for this type of game but messing around in Disney themed worlds seems like it could be awesome as long as the gameplay isn't toned down to extreme levels to fit a younger audience. So how does it play? Is the world creation stuff akin to things like LBP or ModNation? Is some of the loot challenging to acquire? Do the character "story boards" actually have some depth and story? Do they have the kind of depth say a Mario 64, Spyro(ps1), or Banjo Kazooie has?

I think the game is fairly basic and really great for children from what I've played. Not so sure it'd be so awesome if you didn't have some kids or some friends who are interested in playing with you.

I have a strong feeling that this save bug may be what 1.01 was fixing, but since the patch is broken too it is just a total clusterfuck. It's a shame too because the game is a lot of fun. Gonna hold off on playing it anymore til tomorrow and I will see where things stand then.

My first corruption happened in the patched version. We played for about 4 hours too. I won't touch it again until it's sorted out. My daughter was massively disappointed.

Jawmuncher

Yeah the prices definitely feel like they are a bit much.
But i'm guessing disney is banking on this holiday and parents not caring about it.

Surfheart

My Impressions so far:

Let me preface by saying I bought this for my four year old son, even tough he is four, he's very adept at gaming and absolutely loves skylanders. Now Infinity to me is too restrictive and cumbersome in terms of the user interface. I love how in Skylanders you can jump from character to character no matter where you are in the game.

In infinity, once you load a playset, you are restricted to just using those characters. I.E. Monsters inc can just use Sulley or Mikey. I understand the reason behind it gameplay wise, but it's pretty cumbersome when a kid just wants to switch characters real quick, and get that instant gratification of a swap.

The gameplay itself is modified from Toy Story 3, it's basically the same engine. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, but not nearly as smooth as Skylanders.

Still fun, but the gameplay is more checklist oriented, and not linear.

That being said, the actual figures are extremely well made....Higher quality then the skylanders figurines, no doubt. For the Disney collectors, they will love that.

So far I would definitely recommend it as a buy. I'll post more impressions later for those looking for feedback, because I still have yet to see a review for the game on any major sites.

Thanks for your thoughts. My four year old loves Skylanders too and like yours he loves just swapping in any character playing them for a bit then bouncing back to the ship to see if he can buy some upgrades.

Im worried that the limitations with swapping in any character you like in Infinity might be a fun killer for him. Having to explain that to use this character you have to put on this game pack etc...

I've tried to show him trailers for the game but he seemed disinterested, Skylanders swapforce on the other hand...

Pachimari

The prices is actually what's scaring me away now. I liked what I saw on Gametrailers and I think the price for the Starter Pack is fair.

But paying $11 on 2 random discs is a hard sell to me. I'm really not sure about $41 for the Villain/Sidekick packs either. =/

KaYotiX

Banned

Agree, the prices are at a point where to me you have to think about them. They should be priced where you just say , "eh its only $10 or so ill grab one or 2"

I really want to try it out but when I think about the $$$ it kinda makes me take a step back. Hope everyone is enjoying it though!

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Wii U version and I've had no problems with like 5 hours in so far.

Thoughts? Toy box mode at least to start with is REALLY overwhelming. I almost think they should have introduced you with the playsets first, because toy box comes off as cool but intense. Overdone like 4 of the mastery quests with Sully and it was fun.

Then I stuck in the POTC playsets and so far I haven't looked back. The gameplay is actually excellent, and the collectibility portion of the game is really insane (in a good way). Completionists are going to be in heaven (or hell).

I would say if you are getting this for kids OR you genuinely enjoy Disney, the price is actually a great deal. The toy sculpts are all mostly great and each playset basically comes with 6-8 hours of gameplay for basically dollars (counting that you get two great figures). I commented to my wife that I would actually put a sculpt like Sully, Barbosa, or Captain Jack on display somewhere.

If you aren't a Disney fan, there is still a great game here, especially if you are interested in a "play a whole ton of different games/genres over the course of 20 hours or so" style of game.

7/10 if you are not a kid or Disney fan. 9/10 if either of those is the case. True 10 point scale so I have a tough time believing that someone would really not like this game on its own merits.

Chucker

Out of four packs, I did alright.
Got:
Fix It Felix Repair Power
C.H.R.O.M.E's Armor Shield (Double)
Mickey's Car
Kahn
Tulgey Wood (Alice Sky)
Marlin's Reef
Nemo's Seascape x2

With that said, I have the following for trade.
CHROME's Armor Shield
Nemo's Seascape
Mike's New Car

Looking for: Any Wreck it Ralph/Sugar Rush disks.

The prices is actually what's scaring me away now. I liked what I saw on Gametrailers and I think the price for the Starter Pack is fair.

But paying $11 on 2 random discs is a hard sell to me. I'm really not sure about $41 for the Villain/Sidekick packs either. =/

I don't know anything about either so forgive my ignorance, but how is the pricing compared to Skylanders?

borghe

Loves the Greater Toronto Area
Thanks for your thoughts. My four year old loves Skylanders too and like yours he loves just swapping in any character playing them for a bit then bouncing back to the ship to see if he can buy some upgrades.

Im worried that the limitations with swapping in any character you like in Infinity might be a fun killer for him. Having to explain that to use this character you have to put on this game pack etc...

I've tried to show him trailers for the game but he seemed disinterested, Skylanders swapforce on the other hand...
Ok I actually get something now. I mentioned not liking how they dump you into toy box mode to start with instead of the playsets, but now that you two guys are saying this I think I understand why. As you start the game, exactly what you are saying is the case.as you progress you can swap anything at any time. For me the playsets are the meat but in game presentation they are like a second helping to the toy box.

I think kids in general from what I'm understanding will get more enjoyment out of the toy box. Unless of course they want to play a playset and swap those characters in and out,

So, do i need to make a disney account to get the Disney-Made stages, or are they down on 360, because i can't get to them, it says the servers are down?

I kind of get why they couldn't mix IP's, but Skylanders gets about a 9/10 for ease of use and this game gets about a 4/10. The interface and 5 circles etc is fucking atrocious. Certainly not non-reader friendly for my 5 yr old. Too many menus and too many different ways of accessing them.

It is a douche move to feel the packages. It's supposed to be random for a reason. If someone did that at a sports card shop or something, they'd definitely be kicked out.

Any sports card company that puts chase cards with "feelable" features as the front or back card in packs is run by complete morons. No one would try to do that at a sports card shop, especially considering that "feeling" the card packs could potentially damage the cards inside.

If Disney didn't want people to be able to feel the rare discs, they had ample opportunity to prevent it not only through multiple test productions on packaging, but also by not making the rare discs lenticular in the first place.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Bought basically everything except for the Lone Ranger and the single Incredibles characters... played as Mike and Sully all day...

Plinko

That seems pretty steep. The standalone figures are going for $13 on Amazon, though, which is not too much more expensive than Skylanders.

Most Skylanders single characters (the ones that aren't giants) are $7.99. WAY cheaper.

Shadownet

Banned
I got some questions. Where do you download the DLC stages?? Like the Disneyland one?

I'm on the PS3.

And 2nd question. Is it possible to stack two of the same circle power disc on top of one another? Like two Bolt's power. And how many circle ones can you stack underneath one character at a time?

3rd question. The Hexagonal ones.

Is it like you put it on once and it unlock it in you box mode? Or do you have to put it on everytimes you use it?

Thank you.

DJ_Lae

Man, I didn't realize how much cheaper Skylanders were in the US.

Basic Skylanders are $10CDN here, and I think $15 for the Giants. Three packs are $25.

So it's pretty comparable with the Infinity characters at $13 each and $30 for three.

The whole random disc pack thing is pretty shady, though.

Do you level up the figures or anything? Does anything save to them? Was kinda put off on not being able to use what character you want in the playsets.

Fewr

Is the playset content already in the disc and gets unlocked when I buy the figures (e.g. Lone ranger), or does it have to be downloaded? (Stealth for: how many more playsets should I expect in the future?)

Triz

12 booster packs bought, for a total of $38. Thanks to the Toys R us sale.

Have all the pieces except 1 Alice in Wonderland (with no mushroom )piece and The 2 rares Abu and Dumbo.

Duplicate pieces:
2 Cinderella Carridge
2 Tangled night Sky
1 tangled Day Sky
1 Wreck it Ralph Star Mint
1 Mulan
1 Lilo & Stitch
1 Carl Fredrickson from up.

Hate that I have this set almost complete and cant play it cause of the damn janky PS3 shenanigans.

All for trade as I want the Alice in Wonderland piece would trade multiples for rares

Is the playset content already in the disc and gets unlocked when I buy the figures (e.g. Lone ranger), or does it have to be downloaded? (Stealth for: how many more playsets should I expect in the future?)

Already on the disc. I want this game but the prices are a joke. Can't believe some of you are justifying 30$ for 6 hrs of content, for a playset. I thought sky landers was overpriced, but these guys are using the Disney name to over charge the consumer.

D

Deleted member 20415

Unconfirmed Member
Already on the disc. I want this game but the prices are a joke. Can't believe some of you are justifying 30$ for 6 hrs of content, for a playset. I thought sky landers was overpriced, but these guys are using the Disney name to over charge the consumer.

I hear you on the price, and it's definitely on the top side (and I got some good deals today with price matching Wal-Mart...) but I always use the movie theater price as a proxy for value.

I can spend $30 for me and the gf to go to the theater (NYC) for 2 hours... or I spend $30 for 6 hours of entertainment.

Top Bottom